• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

JP

Do people who buy the Paris chapter also get the Sarajevo Six missions or are they only included with the complete game? I'm not sure I want the complete game yet but it would be nice to get the bonus too.

Thanks.

Jito

Banned
Damn, figured out how to successfully poison Po without anyone seeing but I've got to head to work now. I'll be back to finish the job Po.

PreFire

Creating contracts is so much fun. I'm trying to do a high profile assassination contract.

I can't figure out how to kill Congressman Walsh lol
The female news reporter at the beginning ain't easy either. She's not high profile but she's famous
I got the foreign guy in the private room upstairs.

Helmut is my go to kill lol. His outfit is accepted everywhere except the private room with the foreign guy

How do I mark and kill my target with a specific weapon? I kill them with different weapons and it says "any weapon"

Damn finding it extremely difficult to separate
Dalia and her bodyguard.
They go in that room behind the auction a lot. Take out the guard there first by flooding the bathroom. He'll go look. Hide him in the closet. Then when the two return, just wait until they walk out and grab the bodyguard when he walks behind her. She won't notice. Just did this for my silent assassins run. Now to figure out a way to do suit only...

So I just figured out how people are getting scores of 210k in contracts...I don't know how to replicate it, but I just did a contract where I got all the main points, but it also awarded me 110k points for a time bonus because it said I did it in 00:00:00. Hope they fix this along with the other issues people have been having because unless you get this bug to work for you it'll be difficult to get the Top of the Class achievement (hit the top of a contract leaderboard).

MUnited83

For you.
So I just figured out how people are getting scores of 210k in contracts...I don't know how to replicate it, but I just did a contract where I got all the main points, but it also awarded me 110k points for a time bonus because it said I did it in 00:00:00. Hope they fix this along with the other issues people have been having because unless you get this bug to work for you it'll be difficult to get the Top of the Class achievement (hit the top of a contract leaderboard).

Yeah, it's a random glitch. I hope they reset the leaderboards after they fix it.

thatJohann

Why does this game require online connection? I'm only on the training missions and I'm offline since it won't connect to servers. Will I be able to play Paris offline?

MaKTaiL

Why does this game require online connection? I'm only on the training missions and I'm offline since it won't connect to servers. Will I be able to play Paris offline?

Yes, you can play everything offline but you won't have access to the challanges which is 80% of the game.

MUnited83

For you.

Yes, you can play Paris offline. You just can't track completed challenges, and your offline save is separated from the online one so when you connect to the servers again you'd need to play again.

Whide

Why does the game crash immediately when I press play? Error says "Hitman_Retail. No information available." Already tried DX11 and 12 but no dice.

Chabbles

This is so good, Hitman as it should be. (apart from being drip fed to us, which sucks because its so good i want more immediately dammit!)

Genio88

I finished it on PC(the Story Missions i mean) It's a shame that it really last so little, though it's just the first episode so it's normal. Game looks really great maxed out, just a shame i couldn't play with DirectX 12 or it'd crash, gameplay is awesome, it reminds me a bit of MGSV

JP

Do people who buy the Paris chapter also get the Sarajevo Six missions or are they only included with the complete game? I'm not sure I want the complete game yet but it would be nice to get the bonus too.

Thanks.
Anybody?

thenexus6

Thanks.

Pretty sure I can see the first one and I only bought the intro pack.

I'm a bit disappointed with Contracts mode so far. No weapon customization/money system, you can't save individual contracts for later and there are so few variables compared to Absolution.

I hope they'll beef it up a little as episodes progress.

Foffy

Banned

Thanks.

One of them is there now. Look under the Contracts tab in the menus. The Sarajevo Six mission tab is after the Elusive Target one, IIRC. The Director is available.

Onivulk

Banned
Has anyone found lethal poison in the palace besides
the cyanide Dalia gives you during the Helmut interaction?

Also, can I just use the syringe to poison food/drinks somehow? I cant figure out how to do that if its possible.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm a bit disappointed with Contracts mode so far. No weapon customization/money system, you can't save individual contracts for later and there are so few variables compared to Absolution.

I hope they'll beef it up a little as episodes progress.
Yeah, they really need to at least allow more variables, its too basic this way. The escalation mode already has some cool variables that could be used, like no knockouts.

thenexus6

Also, can I just use the syringe to poison food/drinks somehow? I cant figure out how to do that if its possible.

I would like to know too. I assumed you could just use the syringe directing into the glass but you can't.

Foffy

Banned

I believe
you can unlock a poison based on Mastery, but it's a sedative one.

PreFire

How do I do part 5 of the escalation challenge for the Shorrason Ascension? You can't hurt anyone, but you have to kill your targets wearing specific outfits. Lol this shit is fucking tough

Where are these outfits? Lol

thenexus6

How do I do part 5 of the escalation challenge for the Shorrason Ascension? You can't hurt anyone, but you have to kill your targets wearing specific outfits. Lol this shit is fucking tough

You can fibre wire dudes still. Guard over the fences to the right of spawn and the mechanic costume can be found in the locker room.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, after the Paris mission I almost completely changed my mind about the game. I didn't like the game during beta (the reason was the game is too simple and not really that challenging) but this Paris mission... I mean the area in which this mission takes place if freaking' HUGE, there's so many opportunities and ways you can complete the mission and it is overwhelming to say the least. At first I didn't know what to do (all mainstream features was turned off, even objectives tracking and stuff like that which was present in the beta and in tutorial). So you like walking around, looking for targets first, then looking at stuff you can use and ways to complete the mission. Guards and other staff members can easily spot you if you let them and will follow you around (but even when they sport you and when you manage to get rid of them, they wont recognise you when you approach to them next time - this needs to be fixed asap!).

There's so many rooms, 3 floors and every each of them is completely different with unique stuff going one on them, NPCs which are doing their job, talking to each other and stuff.... Oh man, I can believe they made such a huge and an absolutely gorgeous map with so many details, unique NPCs with their own plotlines which you can follow to see how they will play out and a ton of other stuff. And all this is just one freaking' mission. Blood Money was just nowhere near as good as this, the new Hitman is a lot better in almost every regard. And VO in this game is just brilliant (along with OST - the music from the fashion show, get it to me in lossless format now!), even VO of ordinary NPCs like guards, stewards is top notch (plus some of them has unique and interesting dialogue), not to mention the main characters. The game is also looking absolutely outstanding, especially in terms of outdoor and indoor designs, art, lighting, and all of this with unbelievable attention to detail. At times the game looks almost like in Real Life Hitman video (no kidding).

Goddamnit IO, are you trying to sell me on the Full Experience way before all content comes out, aren't you? Well, congrats, you did, bastards. Will upgrade to fully experience soon. Sure, the game has some problems like guards AI for example but this can be (and I hope it will be) fixed. But always online thing with server issues is just not right, even if I had no problem with all this during my playthrough. We need an legit option in game to turn this thing off, cuz there's a risk you can loose you progress just because you lost connection with the server. Why? Nobody asked for this shit.

mcarlie

Banned
I smuggled an item to the shed but when I get in there I can't find anything. Where exactly are the smuggled items supposed to be?

Edit: found it when reloading. It says "rare" next to the item, does that mean that it might not be smuggled in?

MUnited83

For you.

There's a mechanic outfit in the locker room. For the soviet outfit, simply kill the soldier target first and take his clothes

MaKTaiL

Well, after the Paris mission I almost completely changed my mind about the game. I didn't like the game during beta (the reason was the game is too simple and not really that challenging) but this Paris mission... I mean the area in which this mission takes place if freaking' HUGE, there's so many opportunities and ways you can complete the mission and it is overwhelming to say the least. At first I didn't know what to do (all mainstream features was turned off, even objectives tracking and stuff like that which was present in the beta and in tutorial). So you like walking around, looking for targets first, then looking at stuff you can use and ways to complete the mission. Guards and other staff members can easily spot you if you let them and will follow you around (but even when they sport you and when you manage to get rid of them, they wont recognise you when you approach to them next time - this needs to be fixed asap!).

There's so many rooms, 3 floors and every each of them is completely different with unique stuff going one on them, NPCs which are doing their job, talking to each other and stuff.... Oh man, I can believe they made such a huge and an absolutely gorgeous map with so many details, unique NPCs with their own plotlines which you can follow to see how they will play out and a ton of other stuff. And all this is just one freaking' mission. Blood Money was just nowhere near as good as this, the new Hitman is a lot better in almost every regard. And VO in this game is just brilliant (along with OST - the music from the fashion show, get it to me in lossless format now!), even VO of ordinary NPCs like guards, stewards is top notch (plus some of them has unique and interesting dialogue), not to mention the main characters. The game is also looking absolutely outstanding, especially in terms of outdoor and indoor designs, art, lighting, and all of this with unbelievable attention to detail. At times the game looks almost like in Real Life Hitman video (no kidding).

Goddamnit IO, are you trying to sell me on the Full Experience way before all content comes out, aren't you? Well, congrats, you did, bastards. Will upgrade to fully experience soon. Sure, the game has some problems like guards AI for example but this can be (and I hope it will be) fixed. But always online thing with server issues is just not right, even if I had no problem with all this during my playthrough. We need an legit option in game to turn this thing off, cuz there's a risk you can loose you progress just because you lost connection with the server. Why? Nobody asked for this shit.
Nice to see some good impressions after so much negativity. The game is incredible dispite all the flaws (which I'm sure will be ironed out soon). Best Hitman game so far IMO.

Moff

there's actually 4 floors, took me some time to realize there is a full basement as well. it really is huge and it really shows how serious they took what the hardcore fans did not like about absolution.

Did the main mission in like a hour and a half after 1 hard crash and 1 server disconnect.

Overall I liked it but I am not touching the rest of the episodes unless they removet the always online stuff.

Foffy

Banned
Say, do you unlock weapons in your loadout inventory if you finish the level with them? I don't know if I have a gun here that I should have, or if it's an unlock.

From what I've heard, the online requirement for the game is for things like the leaderboards. Which to be honest I don't care for and would be surprised if all that many did in the first place. I think having a less intrusive online requirement would be greatly preferred, even if it meant people cheating their way to the top of the leaderboads/challenges/whatever.

As for the game itself, I already spent 5 hours on it and had (and still having) a great time. I'll buy the upgrade pack around the time the second episode releases. Hopefully they'll be able to fix the main complaints people have so far with the way they're releasing the game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Nice to see some good impressions after so much negativity. The game is incredible dispite all the flaws (which I'm sure will be ironed out soon). Best Hitman game so far IMO.
Well, that is... very early to say, especially when there's a lot more content coming our way like every month and the game is not finished yet. But. yeah, so far the game looks like the best Hitman game ever made. Let's hope that new content will make it even better and fix some problems wich is not game breaking, but they need to be fixed as soon as possible.

there's actually 4 floors, took me some time to realize there is a full basement as well. it really is huge and it really shows how serious they took what the hardcore fans did not like about absolution.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the basement (^__^)

Say, do you unlock weapons in your loadout inventory if you finish the level with them? I don't know if I have a gun here that I should have, or if it's an unlock.

You can only start levels with concealable weapons, the rest have to be left on-site by the ICA and are selected through the 'dropoff' menu.

Semi-related note, it looks like the briefcase is absent. Again.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Wow. Turned of all the tutorials in the options and finished the Paris mission today. This mission is so good. So many ways to finish the mission and I cant wait to go back and retry.

I finished it on PC(the Story Missions i mean) It's a shame that it really last so little, though it's just the first episode so it's normal. Game looks really great maxed out, just a shame i couldn't play with DirectX 12 or it'd crash, gameplay is awesome, it reminds me a bit of MGSV
I wouldn't call it little. For the €13 I spent I already got 6 hours of gameplay on it. If all the levels are this large, for all I care they can charge me €10 a month for the next few years. It's all in the replay value this time, you can keep playing and unlock all the different ways. And there are a ton.

thenexus6

I was down on the beta because the performance was pretty bad. Stuttering and frame drops everywhere. Got the full game locked at 30FPS and its buttery smooth so far aside from a couple of janky moments.

In terms of best Hitman game way too early to give it that title. Will take another couple of episodes I think before it can be judged. I'd rate the games Blood Money, Contracts, Absolution, Silent Assassin. (never played the original) so far.

I am glad the dumb instinct mode is gone where you can just cover your face slightly and get past enemies along with the mark / execute ability. The need to be online to play is shitty and stupid, however I only play games when i'm connected so this doesn't bother me.

I am pretty bummed about the lack of Jesper Kyd though, easily the most disappointing thing about the game for me. I have been listening to a Hitman 2, 3, 4 super mix on Spotify today and the music is sooooo good.

Also UK / EU a free static PS4 theme:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=EP0082-CUSA02369_00-ETH0000000000345

Mastery level 19, so close! This advice was probably incredibly obvious to most people but I didn't test it out until right now but
you can obviously shoot chandeliers to make them fall, I kept looking for a winch to get Margolis during her speech but I just tried shooting it one time and it worked.

Metal-Geo

Anyone else notice the same male voice actor did like 90% (if not 100%) of all male voices? Bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Other than that, I'm really, really enjoying myself with this game (err, level). It took me about two hours to just walk around the Paris level. And there's still plenty I have yet to discover.

Contracts mode is also addictive as ever.

Top Bottom