• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
ohhh, yes sorry I misread it. They should add a permanent effect to the sedative poison. Makes more sense too.

They would have to code a lot more in how to deal with unconscious people regarding what to do with a permanently unconscious element in the level. They're very binary right now: if NPCs are hostile, the knocked out person is left there until they cool down, and if not, they try to wake up the unconscious person. I don't see things in the level to explain where an unwakeable person goes to, unless they plan to give each location an infirmary.

IO also missed the ball with unconscious stuff earlier in the games development. You used to not be able to kill knocked out targets with explosions, as because they were not conscious, they were immune to the blasts. This is no longer the case, but a fun fact to show they have had very simple systems for knocked out elements in the game.

IO also missed the ball with unconscious stuff earlier in the games development. You used to not be able to kill knocked out targets with explosions, as because they were not conscious, they were immune to the blasts. This is no longer the case, but a fun fact to show they have had very simple systems for knocked out elements in the game.

Then there's the recent video showing that being unconscious also grants immunity from lethal poison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ZnUaOZCwc

But the game clearly can model sleeping NPCs. Sedatives would be interesting if someone who is sitting down could "nod off" quietly without attracting attention.

(Right now the game clearly can't even handle the physics of an NPC sitting down as an unscripted action, if you recall what happens when you do the Bad Blood opportunity in Marrakesh. Plus it seemed pointless for 47 to leave him in that chair given that any player would hide the body anyway.)

JAGMASK

Just failed the elusive target.
blew her up with the phone, then slid down the pipe on the wall. 2 security guards at the bottom of the pipe proceeded to shoot me in the back.
I'm never gonna get that blood money suit at this rate.

Foffy

Banned
Then there's the recent video showing that being unconscious also grants immunity from lethal poison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ZnUaOZCwc

But the game clearly can model sleeping NPCs. Sedatives would be interesting if someone who is sitting down could "nod off" quietly without attracting attention.

(Right now the game clearly can't even handle the physics of an NPC sitting down as an unscripted action, if you recall what happens when you do the Bad Blood opportunity in Marrakesh. Plus it seemed pointless for 47 to leave him in that chair given that any player would hide the body anyway.)

I would imagine the bug of immunity there is that for some reason, the lethal poison doesn't kick in the moment you use it, as if the game checks for other scripts and AI patterns, and if they "normalize", then it kicks in.

I've had this problem come up where I lethally poisoned a dude, he walked into another room, and then it kicked in. I could see how that absolutely feeds into the example you highlighted. Unconscious AI are not normal AI routines.

I made a rather opportunistic attempt at the new elusive:
saw her walking up a staircase, picked up a nearby screwdriver and threw it whilst standing behind her bodyguards. Managed to turn and sprint away before I could be pursued!

Jintor

Just failed the elusive target.
blew her up with the phone, then slid down the pipe on the wall. 2 security guards at the bottom of the pipe proceeded to shoot me in the back.
I'm never gonna get that blood money suit at this rate.

I got paranoid so I stashed a second disguise somewhere for after I took out the target. Worked like a charm.

Someone found an easter in Marrakesh today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoUnfHQ6sg

Basically it feels like every single easter egg in this game has been insanely obscure and is only even found thanks to challenge names and pictures giving hints, or developers outright posting hints on forums.

Man how cool would it have been if you could have actually gotten the helicopter to crash into the embassy and take out the banker...

This just seems like a wasted opportunity now.

DrSlek

I passed the elusive target....just.

Waited for her upstairs, but she never showed up. Went out the front and couldn't find her. Eventually decided to go back upstairs and wait. Guards that previously never tried to frisk me, then decided it would be a great time to frisk me as I ran past them. So that disguise was blown.

Lucky I had a spare on the same floor. In the end I shimmied along the outside of the building until I found her in the upstairs office. I went around the corner and put a bullet in her head as she came outside. Then quickly jumped over the ledge of the building before any guards saw me. Slid down the pipe and made my way out.

Have there been changes to frisking in a recent patch? Because since playing this ET, I've noticed many guards frisking me that previously never have. For instance, the harbor entrance to the lab on Sapienza. Never had a guard there before. Now there is a frisking guard.

Have there been changes to frisking in a recent patch? Because since playing this ET, I've noticed many guards frisking me that previously never have. For instance, the harbor entrance to the lab on Sapienza. Never had a guard there before. Now there is a frisking guard.

That guy has always been there.

Likewise, nothing has ever changed with Paris - the two lower pairs of guards check your invitation, the top pair of guards frisk.

Maybe you're remembering differently because Helmut Kruger and the Sheikh don't get frisked.

DrSlek

That guy has always been there.

Likewise, nothing has ever changed with Paris - the two lower pairs of guards check your invitation, the top pair of guards frisk.

Maybe you're remembering differently because Helmut Kruger and the Sheikh don't get frisked.

I dunno. I was dressed as AV crew. The only time I've ever been frisked while in disguise has been on the 3rd floor stairs.

I dunno. I was dressed as AV crew. The only time I've ever been frisked while in disguise has been on the 3rd floor stairs.

Oh, I see - you got frisked on one of the lower floors.

...I guess I've never actually taken a route that would trigger that since I always use the inside stairwell and never the big staircases (unless I'm going up as an auction guest). So now I have no idea.

I just went in and killed the ET with a rubber duck. Quick and dirty, but that's one more dead ET.

I stood by the balcony, shot her through the glass door and climbed down

The AI is very poor when you climb, they seem to congregate at the point you jumped over and make no attempt to communicate with the guards downstairs, keep track of you, or cover the points at which you can get back onto the level proper.

The AI is very poor when you climb, they seem to congregate at the point you jumped over and make no attempt to communicate with the guards downstairs, keep track of you, or cover the points at which you can get back onto the level proper.

During elusive targets #6 and #7 it was clearly possible for one bodyguard to communicate to all the other bodyguards in the level instantly. This is why you were screwed if you got compromised killing Gary Busey - there were bodyguards covering all the publicly accessible exits.

But, that's an extra-hard scenario designed for a particular elusive target, and required positioning and coding bodyguards to behave differently. Paris's normal guards would not have been coded like this - it's the first level, they don't want you to become instantly compromised with every bodyguard in the level.

I don't even think Colorado will have all the guards in the level communicating with each other. It's a wide open map, and that would be a death sentence for most players.

Level 10 unlock for Colorado:

Cs3QS3XXYAAjE2w.jpg

I guess it helps for the helicopter easter egg.

ymgve

I still hope one of the two LV20 rewards left is a bulletproof vest. You have like 100 different non-silent guns with basically no use since you're made of paper.

Pikma

Banned
I still hope one of the two LV20 rewards left is a bulletproof vest. You have like 100 different non-silent guns with basically no use since you're made of paper.
Lol, does that mean we are made of paper in real life too?

I get what you mean tho, you have a ridiculously low health and trying to shoot your way out of missions is simply not fun at all

Foffy

Banned
I'm okay with that but I hope S1 unlocks carry over to S2.

I hope so too. It would seem weird to have to re-unlock the suits, Silverballer, Jaeger, etc.

S1 apparently contains information pertaining to S2, so these are either spoilers, assets, or systems linking the two titles.

Foffy

Banned
I've gotten quite a bit of Absolution vibes from that teaser.

Not that I say that as a bad thing; it'll probably be an Absolution-vibed location with Blood Money-esque elements. Best of both worlds.

justjim89

Remember in Absolution when you killed people in a cornfield disguised as a scarecrow?

Maybe one of the 5 best moments in the whole series. Almost redeems the whole game.

Remember in Absolution when you killed people in a cornfield disguised as a scarecrow?

Maybe one of the 5 best moments in the whole series. Almost redeems the whole game.

Absolution could have been a good game, if it was actually about killing people, all those levels where you escape cops, sneak into factories and whatnot are horrible, the gun range one is probably the only exception.

Granted that final mission was horrible too, even though it was an assassination mission.

Basically Absolution has Penthouse, that three guys in a town assassination and parts of the Saints level going for it and that's about it. Penthouse lvl is pretty damn good though.

The scarecrow disguise is coming back in Colorado. http://nextgengamingblog.com/blog/hitman-colorado-preview-and-developer-interview

And here's the other Colorado level 10 unlock for everyone who didn't see the other thread:

Cs92quUWEAQZ8Dy.jpg:large

I didn't think non-lethal melee would be coming this soon. But then you could barely find anything to throw in Bangkok, so maybe this means there are even fewer wrenches and soda cans lying out in the open in Colorado.

Bebpo

Banned
Is there a way to tell what's detected and not during frisks? Sometimes I'm surprised at what gets past and then I've had escalations fail 10 minutes in because I failed a frisk ><

Is there a way to tell what's detected and not during frisks? Sometimes I'm surprised at what gets past and then I've had escalations fail 10 minutes in because I failed a frisk ><

A while ago the inventory screen was patched to show you which items are detected during frisks (look for the yellow icons on the left).

General rule is that anything that makes you visibly armed and is concealable is also detected during frisks - so far that should be guns, mines, audio distractions, some lethal melee (like knives), and some non-lethal melee (like lead pipes).

KingKong

It would be a good way to make the level tougher by having fewer random items around and make you really think about what you're taking with you

A while ago the inventory screen was patched to show you which items are detected during frisks (look for the yellow icons on the left).

General rule is that anything that makes you visibly armed and is concealable is also detected during frisks - so far that should be guns, mines, audio distractions, some lethal melee (like knives), and some non-lethal melee (like lead pipes).

Bad advice!
Some disguises makes it okay to carry certain weapons without being visibly armed.

press the left/right d-pad and you'll see what's detected in frisks and what would make you visibly armed while wearing the current disguise.

It would be a good way to make the level tougher by having fewer random items around and make you really think about what you're taking with you

Yeah, some levels have so many lethal melee/throwables! What's the point of taking the combat knife with you if you can just get a screwdriver/letter opener/kitchen knife..etc?

Bad advice!
Some disguises makes it okay to carry certain weapons without being visibly armed.

press the left/right d-pad and you'll see what's detected in frisks and what would make you visibly armed while wearing the current disguise.

I was actually wondering if I forgot something. Are you just talking about some disguises letting you get more weapons through frisks, or are you talking about some disguises letting you carry weapons but not get them through frisks?

As a kitchen assistant, chef, or waiter you can carry kitchen knives and get them through frisks, but that's about it. And guards can carry basically anything, but they don't get frisked.

Jintor

I really really enjoyed they had her play Real Life Hitman and she was one of the few that got away with it in one run (as far as we knew)

Top Bottom