• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

sn00zer

Yup really mind blowing game. Really feels "next gen"....and in my head this is just the first level, cant even imagine what later levels are like. Its just fucking impressive and the perfect example of why open levels are more interesting than open world.

MUnited83

For you.
Any cool contracts you guys made you'd like to share?

I made a contract called "There has been an ACCIDENT" for the PC version. Its supposed to be accident only though you can use any weapons since there's no accident variables, sadly. Still, I think its challenging enough. Give it a try :D

sn00zer

That slow role into the Paris level reveal is brilliant. The red carpet entrance into the main hall is such a cool way to start a game.

Moff

Mastery level 19, so close! This advice was probably incredibly obvious to most people but I didn't test it out until right now but
you can obviously shoot chandeliers to make them fall, I kept looking for a winch to get Margolis during her speech but I just tried shooting it one time and it worked.

is there an easy way to get rid of her bodyguard? I just don't see how the sheik and the laptop make sense with that dude around

MUnited83

For you.
Mastery level 19, so close! This advice was probably incredibly obvious to most people but I didn't test it out until right now but
you can obviously shoot chandeliers to make them fall, I kept looking for a winch to get Margolis during her speech but I just tried shooting it one time and it worked.
Yeah, most accidents can be triggered by a shot. I dont even bother to search for the right equipment to break stuff when I can just shoot it :p

is there an easy way to get rid of her bodyguard? I just don't see how the sheik and the laptop make sense with that dude around

Yeah he sucks,
I actually haven't had to deal with him in a while just because the other ways to kill her don't really require you to do that but I think what I did one time was if you can get into her room and into the bathroom you can turn on the radio to lure the guard that's always in her room and knock him out and hide him in the closet and then just do that again when her and the bodyguard come into her room and she'll send the bodyguard in, then you can take him out.

How I did it my first time though if you want to be completely spoiled:
I did the laptop thing and as soon as she walked across the front of her desk and I dropped the chandelier from the winch beside the door into the room before her bodyguard could have seen me do it and then bailed the fuck out of there, I might have just been really lucky with timing but I got Silent Assassin

Foffy

Banned
You can only start levels with concealable weapons, the rest have to be left on-site by the ICA and are selected through the 'dropoff' menu.

Semi-related note, it looks like the briefcase is absent. Again.

Yeah, the suitcase and crates, both of which were shown in earlier builds, are MIA. How do you even smuggle a silenced weapon into the second floor now? You literally have to sneak up there, and what's the point?

Also, does Paris have any throwable explosives? I ask because the pre-order White Ducky is one such thing, and it fucking breaks one of the challenges.

Yeah, the suitcase and crates, both of which were shown in earlier builds, are MIA. How do you even smuggle a silenced weapon into the second floor now? You literally have to sneak up there, and what's the point?

Also, does Paris have any throwable explosives? I ask because the pre-order White Ducky is one such thing, and it fucking breaks one of the challenges.

Yes there is one remote detonated mine, but it's tough to find and get. It's also the only explosive you can put into the camera until you're like mastery lvl 20.

Where is it, if you don't mind?

It's in the attic area on the second floor, on the right side of the light rig, where there are a bunch of those CIDADA bodyguards around computer monitors, on one desk you have a bunch of automatic weapons and guns and on the other which is a bit secluded you have that single frag mine, should be easy to find with instict vision if you are near the gun table

Seems like I can't stay connected to the servers for more than 10 minutes at a time. What a load of shit. Why do so many games require that you're online to play offline? It doesn't make any fucking sense.

Anyway, I finished the Paris mission offline after about 2 hours. lol That was a WHOLE lot of fun. This level is fucking massive. Think the Resident Evil Spencer Mansion kind of massive. Of course, none of the challenges I did unlocked because I was in offline mode. Modern gaming is becoming a joke with this nonsense. Hitman and Street Fighter V pulling the same shit in less than a month.

It's a shame, because the core game here is fucking brilliant. They need to remedy this always online fuckery ASAP.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yup really mind blowing game. Really feels "next gen"....and in my head this is just the first level, cant even imagine what later levels are like. Its just fucking impressive and the perfect example of why open levels are more interesting than open world.
Yeah, like imagine if AC games was somewhat like this but with more narrative, story-driven and cinematic approach. But nope, we've this bullshit instead and a complete and absolute lack of actual assassin theme and gameplay which was present in the very first game and was completely gone after it.

What I also hugely like about new game is that character development debuted in Absolution 4 years ago is still here but on a compeletely new level. I'm sure everyone remember that in every previous game before Absolution character development was not existant. All of the targets was almost like regular NPCs with no personality what so ever and Absolution changed this a lot. So, thank god that character development is still a thing in Hitman game, thank god that it's even better than before (Absolution) and thank god for IO cuz they did not throwed this out the window.

Who's the douchebag that came up with the featured contract?

The one dude in the second floor is fine I could take him out covertly.

But the upstairs dude, Po, doesn't fucking move from his little corner EVER he just stays there texting the whole time and he has like a lady next to him and a guard looking at the area from behind.

Did they pick a target you can't get to?

Moff

has anyone done the Sniper Assassin challenge? is there more to it than the description says?
I got the "in plain sight" challenge which is more or less the same

Foffy

Banned
Who's the douchebag that came up with the featured contract?

The one dude in the second floor is fine I could take him out covertly.

But the upstairs dude, Po, doesn't fucking move from his little corner EVER he just stays there texting the whole time and he has like a lady next to him and a guard looking at the area from behind.

Did they pick a target you can't get to?

Not all Contracts are Silent Assassin attempts, sadly. I think that featured Contract kind of highlights it. There is a way to poison him where he is, but that means he will be found. Unless I am missing something..

Not all Contracts are Silent Assassin attempts, sadly. I think that featured Contract kind of highlights it. There is a way to poison him where he is, but that means he will be found. Unless I am missing something..

Haven't tried the contract, but rat poison makes the target go to the bathroom it doesn't kill them, so it should be doable with that.

Haven't tried the contract, but rat poison makes the target go to the bathroom it doesn't kill them, so it should be doable with that.

it's not doable as a silent assassin. He's in a corner texting, not drinking food nor eating. The only way to kill him would be to do it in the wide open. Which is ridiculous, I'm fine if the silent assassin route is hard as fuck, but at least give me the option to attempt it.

The only to get it out of there would be to
enter the room to the side, shoot him while inside, and try to run away.

If you mean lethal injection, I've stuck with rat poison. Lethal injection you'd still kill him in the wide open with 2 people looking at you minimum.

How do I do part 5 of the escalation challenge for the Shorrason Ascension? You can't hurt anyone, but you have to kill your targets wearing specific outfits. Lol this shit is fucking tough

Where are these outfits? Lol

I posted a video of how to do it earlier if that helps:
Here's a quick vid of the Level 5 escalation contract on The Final Test level ("The Snorrason Ascension"), I know a few people were confused and asking about it in here: https://youtu.be/LjO5xUBoMMI

It's in the attic area on the second floor, on the right side of the light rig, where there are a bunch of those CIDADA bodyguards around computer monitors, on one desk you have a bunch of automatic weapons and guns and on the other which is a bit secluded you have that single frag mine, should be easy to find with instict vision if you are near the gun table

giphy.gif

To get upstairs with a weapon and no disguise you can
go to the back where the party is outside, there are two guys talking at the other end of the lawn. Wait until one walks away, then grab the guy that stays there. Grab his invitation to the meeting and you can just walk upstairs through the door. Guard asks for your invitation and you show him.

Edit: nevermind, they frisk you I just noticed. Strange, didn't do that the first time for me.

KingKong

I really wish this came with at least the original plan of 3 levels, doing all the post- main mission stuff just feels like me trying to justify the purchase

good game, but am I the only one with bad server connection issues (EU, Italy)? Contracts and escalations only work if you're online, it doesn't let you save (at least in escalation) and boots you to the main menu if disconnected. wtf?!

Moff

so after spending some time with the game I see some pretty cool stuff they added to the franchise in this installment:

- mission mastery with it's unlockables, especially the starting locations already in disguises is a really cool idea. it gets you so much faster in the level which is just great for a game with a huge replayability like hitman

- I love how many NPCs react and make remarks to all your different disguises, it makes the gameplay a much more social and more immersive experience

- instinct, I admit I like it how they did it, I think it's better than the classic map. I am aware this is rather something bad for many oldschool players, but I am a huge fan since C:47 and I think it's super comfortable to see what objects are interactable and where guards in the adjacent rooms are located. it has the same function as the map but I see it as a true QOL improvement

- all the contracts, escalation stuff is such a great way to keep people playing until the new episodes are released, this and the countless challenges make me really think that the episodic relese might actually improve this game

- just like instinct and the challenges, the guards who see through disguises are back from absolution, but in a more balanced way. I actually think this makes sense and works now, the difficulty is well balanced and there are still VIP disguises around that let you go everywhere you want without being spotted

the bad:
- the always online obviously. I don't have the problam but it's apparently a big one
- the game is too easy on the first try with all the opportunities and challenges visible from the getgo, this is a problem, especially with the episodic release and little content at a time, so they should be locked/invisible until you finished the mission once
- where is the sniper briefcase?
- where are the difficulty levels?

my only issues with NPCs commenting about your disguise is when they're mid conversation but you pass by and they're all

"WOOOOOOO YEAH SECURITY! TOP BRASS! YEAAAAAAH"

The only time I laughed during the paris mision is when I first did it with the white suit, and the guards were talking stopped and said "DAYUM that is a sharp dressed man"

Is Jager really the only available sniper rifle for now, and does it only have that initial zoom, because it barely zooms in for a sniper rifle? Especially from the barge

Is Jager really the only available sniper rifle for now, and does it only have that initial zoom, because it barely zooms in for a sniper rifle? Especially from the barge

I'm not seeing any other sniper rifle in the game, and yeah it looks like it only has the aim down sight zoom.

This game desperately needs a WA2000 rifle and a briefcase.

Foffy

Banned
it's not doable as a silent assassin. He's in a corner texting, not drinking food nor eating. The only way to kill him would be to do it in the wide open. Which is ridiculous, I'm fine if the silent assassin route is hard as fuck, but at least give me the option to attempt it.

The only to get it out of there would be to
enter the room to the side, shoot him while inside, and try to run away.

If you mean lethal injection, I've stuck with rat poison. Lethal injection you'd still kill him in the wide open with 2 people looking at you minimum.
If the death says "Poison" they do mean lethal injection.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I like the game but they need to remove the always online component. .. i shouldn't have to go to the main menu if i can't connect

If the death says "Poison" they do mean lethal injection.

well that's nice. I can't wait to walk up to him, inject him with a syringe and press X to "no sir I assure you it's harmless, I'm a doctor this is simply your late vaccine" haha

Whatever I guess I'll try to do it non lethal but that will mean a fucking bloodbath and that isn't what Hitman games are for me. It took me forever to even do the second target in the Paris mission because I was following his route to see where I could kill him with an 'accident'.

I guess for now I'll try to find if they sell the soundtrack one more time. Anyone with a twitter mind asking one Squeenix if they plan to sell it?

I do hope they continue with multiple targets per level, it gives a lot of variety in your approach.

As far as I know the trailer for the Sapienza lvl showed only a single target, hopefully they just don't want to show the other one immediately.

Also still haven't found a use for the weird secret outfit, maybe I'll just take it for a walk on the catwalk

Well now that they have the time, I hope at least they can at least differentiate contracts between those that give the option to do silent assassin and those you can't.

KingKong

Do any of the extra missions change anything significant about the level? Originally I thought they would take the environment and then do stuff like have hits set at night, have different events that happen (for example early morning people are setting up the catwalk and dismantling it in the evening, some kind of concert or whatever on the lawn mid day) but the few I tried were exactly the same

Do any of the extra missions change anything significant about the level? Originally I thought they would take the environment and then do stuff like have hits set at night, have different events that happen (for example early morning people are setting up the catwalk and dismantling it in the evening, some kind of concert or whatever on the lawn mid day) but the few I tried were exactly the same

no they switch targets but everything stays the same, including AI patterns. Which is fine, because a lot of the fun comes from trying to do them as fast as possible without fucking up, so if you do them after trying over and over again in the regular mission and already know the most effective path you've found to find the disguises necessary to enter areas then you don't have to spend a lot of time doing that part.

KingKong

no they switch targets but everything stays the same, including AI patterns. Which is fine, because a lot of the fun comes from trying to do them as fast as possible without fucking up, so if you do them after trying over and over again in the regular mission and already know the most effective path you've found to find the disguises necessary to enter areas then you don't have to spend a lot of time doing that part.

Yeah and that's cool, but I really thought that's what they were going for with the big detailed sandbox environments being released one at a time. It seems like it wouldn't take too much effort to put in a few more events since that's where a lot of the fun of the game comes for me.

Sure I can come up with some kind of way to kill x using y wearing z, but really if it doesn't involve the catwalk or the spy meeting it's like what's the point, they're just NPCs standing in rooms

Top Bottom