• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Level 10 unlock for Colorado:

Cs3QS3XXYAAjE2w.jpg

I guess it helps for the helicopter easter egg.

The scarecrow disguise is coming back in Colorado. http://nextgengamingblog.com/blog/hitman-colorado-preview-and-developer-interview

And here's the other Colorado level 10 unlock for everyone who didn't see the other thread:

Cs92quUWEAQZ8Dy.jpg:large

I didn't think non-lethal melee would be coming this soon. But then you could barely find anything to throw in Bangkok, so maybe this means there are even fewer wrenches and soda cans lying out in the open in Colorado.

Turns out it was actually shown on stream:

5K4g7zU.jpg

Wow, after the Mastery unlocks were revealed, I somehow knew that Mastery 20 would be a bad one. Booooring.

CtIY-JYWcAAs7aL.jpg
So these are four out of the six gear/weapon unlocks. Any idea what the other two are?

They have not posted any others, IIRC.
Cheers Foffy, I hadn't seen that one.

I have to admit that I've never used a firearm outside of the pistols and sniper rifle, and I'm not sure how the others would ever be useful. Shooting in this is way less effective (and far clunkier) in this than it was in Blood Money.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Xbox version is borked but it sounds like they know about it. It's trying to charge everyone for the episode even if you have the full or upgrade pack.

Ozium

i reinstalled this game after not playing for a while and getting mad about bugs

are bugs fixed?

last mission I played was marrakech

AHA-Lambda

Am I missing something with the
explosive smartwatch
opportunity?

I switched
the batteries
, but nothing seems to be happening?

EDIT: ok seriously have a had a bugged run or something? I've set 3 different opportunties for the main target now and he's not responded to any of them, wtf?

EDIT 2: finally, he reacted to one of them >_>

Forkball

Beat it. Here's how I did it (I always turn off opportunities the first time).

Snuck in, took out some guys on a roof to get the militia garb. I went inside the building and grabbed the point man disguise. It took me a while to figure out why this outfit was particularly special. I found some elite military gear and went into the house. I didn't really explore much of the house, as I busted open a door to get to the basement where they were interrogating a prisoner. I took out the guard and then overdosed the guy. Whoops. I don't think it killed him, but I completed a challenge so it was worth it. One of the targets suddenly comes down and I just kill him hastily with my baller. I have no idea if someone saw me or what but I compromised my disguise with several people in the house and went back to the point man.

After fiddling around as the point man exploring the level (accumulating as many apricots as possible), I find the one armed lady and try to burn her up with some leaking fuel but nothing worked. Then I realized you could just talk to her to initiate an opportunity as the point man. Not only that, but she calls down another target to come watch. I didn't know where to stand and missed the opportunity, but I reloaded and fiddled around with the equipment in the barn before initiating it again. This time I did it correctly, but I still wasn't sure how to kill them exactly. Could I really just kill them with the button? Yes, yes I could.

Lastly was the two armed woman. I followed her around early in the map but she was heavily guarded the entire time. She then went into a greenhouse to make a phone call. I just threw my explosive phone, and detonated it as a guard picked it up. Mission comp-wait, I gotta go into the tornado shelter? IN THE HOUSE? I could not figure out how to sneak into the house, so I just swapped to the military elite again and tried to avoid those who saw me kills the first guy. I take the mask from the 3D printer, may or may not have brutally shot the two hackers who saw me, and then escaped in the basement. I'm curious if it does the basement thing every time since the challenges have more escape routes.

Really excellent level, and a good change of pace from the other levels where you can calmly stroll around in your suit. I definitely want to replay it again as there are some disguises I want to grab, namely
the chef.

I think this is the worst I've ever scored on a mission, first try. Spotted left and right.

Seems like a few opportunities might be bugged, though. Trying to take out
Rose via the nitroglycerin explosion never let me actually overpower the mixture
- the event icon was there, but there was no way to interact with it.

Surprisingly story-heavy, though. Might make completing it on future runs a little tedious. Also safe to say (big spoilers here)
our Shadow Client guy is definitely another clone.

skynidas

Banned
It says I need to buy it. But I bought the full Hitman experience already? On the Xbox marketplace its says to pay 9 bucks?

that's weird. it is free for the poeple that bought the Hitman experience like all the other episodes. maybe try again? or wait a bit until it updates or something, definitely don't buy it if you have the full experience

Ludens

Banned
Is the
sniper in the end the same dude you fight on the ambassy in Blood Money?
Also
how lazy are IO and their writing? It's like the third or fourth time ICA fucked 47, it happens pretty much in every game.

thenexus6

Damn it, spent over 1 hour downloading the update because my internet sucks right now and I forget once again that the episode isn't included.. so now I have to wait again!

Good level, nice change of pace. Dunno if it'll be as replayable as the others, though. More targets means that the methods are spread a little too thin.

Foffy

Banned
Is the
sniper in the end the same dude you fight on the ambassy in Blood Money?
Also
how lazy are IO and their writing? It's like the third or fourth time ICA fucked 47, it happens pretty much in every game.

I believe all Blood Money associated characters are dead. The only remaining guys in the series who know of 47 that we can consider are Mr. X from Silent Assassin, Birdie, and Cosmo Faulkner, both from Absolution.

I assume by the twist of this shadow client, he and his friend are related to the Ort-Meyer project 47 was a part of if he personally knows who he is, or was at least housed in the asylum. Hell, this may also link Mr. X into the picture, as in Silent Assassin, he knew of 47 without them ever meeting in game.

Xenoboy

Hi Hitman Gaf, I have a few questions.
Can buy episode 2 without the intro pack and play it? If I can't, can I buy for example episode 4 and play it, while skipping episode 3?

AHA-Lambda

I think this is the worst I've ever scored on a mission, first try. Spotted left and right.

Seems like a few opportunities might be bugged, though. Trying to take out
Rose via the nitroglycerin explosion never let me actually overpower the mixture
- the event icon was there, but there was no way to interact with it.

Surprisingly story-heavy, though. Might make completing it on future runs a little tedious. Also safe to say (big spoilers here)
our Shadow Client guy is definitely another clone.

I had that same problem with that opportunity

How's the stage, depth-wise? Good mix of indoor/outdoor? Do the indoor portions have some intricacy and detail to them?

It's actually pretty flat. Lots of barns and sheds, sometimes some lofts or walkways. Less verticality than, say, Marrakesh. It's huge, though, with a lot of obstacles to sneak around.

The farmhouse has a second floor and a basement, but there doesn't seem to be a ton to do in either, at least in the attempts I've made so far.

Forkball

How can I
ram both Sean Rose and Maya Parvati?

If he gets close enough to the other target, the ram will hit both. The first time I did it, only she died, but when I reloaded and tried again it nabbed both of them. Seems to be a little sensitive so save right before you do it.

I completed it a second time and it seems like it does
lock you into doing the tornado shelter thing again. The alternate exits really seem to be for contracts only. Pretty lame since there are quite a few exits spread out from each other.

Jb

I really expected them to pull a
"It was me, 47, it was me all along!"
at the end. Whatever, the overarching narrative in Hitman games is always stupid.

OK mission. I never really liked Hitman levels set in military style locations, they're never really that exciting or fun. I hope they go a bit more wild with Japan.

Deadstar

Hi Hitman Gaf, I have a few questions.
Can buy episode 2 without the intro pack and play it? If I can't, can I buy for example episode 4 and play it, while skipping episode 3?

This is the best game of the year, just buy the whole thing. Every level is great.

That was the most fun I've had with a mission since Sapienza, good stuff. I like how few enforcer NPCs there are in the level, it's easier to get around the compound than it was in the hotel last episode. :p

AHA-Lambda

Finally, figured out how the
smartwatch bomb
worked. Worst thing was I had the trigger and didn't know it.

This is a great example of my biggest problem with the game, as much as I do enjoy it. As I broke the sequence of events for how to do the opportunity the game didn't tell me how to actually do it, it just said opportunity completed and left me wondering why nothing was happening.

So because I try to do my first run blind like a classic Hitman title I can't logically figure out how to execute the target in this way -_-

Finally, figured out how the
smartwatch bomb
worked. Worst thing was I had the trigger and didn't know it.

This is a great example of my biggest problem with the game, as much as I do enjoy it. As I broke the sequence of events for how to do the opportunity the game didn't tell me how to actually do it, it just said opportunity completed and left me wondering why nothing was happening.

So because I try to do my first run blind like a classic Hitman title I can't logically figure out how to execute the target in this way -_-

There's a piece of intel in the barn where Rose goes that tells you the hacker's phone is the trigger.

Xenoboy

This is the best game of the year, just buy the whole thing. Every level is great.

I could possibly feel that, but I'd rather play the stage that interests me the most first and see from there if I want to continue. Sapienza looks really fun, the others might be too, but it's one that has really caught my eye.

Top Bottom