• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Jeffrey

that one opportunity with the training session is buggy. Took like a few tries to remove the safety without everyone being suspicious...

What was the point of the interrogation one? Dude just walks back into his shed i think and its still not the best place to get stuff because of that 1 dude that watches from outside and the dude inside...

I've tried coins and didn't help.

This time I wanted to see as much of the level as possible on my first run, so I eliminated the targets in increasing order of "importance" in the hope of overhearing more interesting things or story tidbits.

I ended up reaching level 12 immediately on a run that took nearly 3 hours (and not getting silent assassin because the very first guy I knocked out outside the fence must have been found at some point).

The interesting thing about Colorado is how the level design has significantly tightened up. There are, what, two toilets in the whole level? Everything is more spread out and you have to go to multiple places in order to set up opportunities. And I think this is the first time where a level's "unique" item (apricots) is a pure distraction and not a weapon, just to limit you further.

It's actually an interesting question if a level that deliberately limits the wacky "toys" you can play with can ever measure up to a level like Sapienza. I need to give it a few days and a few more runs.

that one opportunity with the training session is buggy. Took like a few tries to remove the safety without everyone being suspicious...

What was the point of the interrogation one? Dude just walks back into his shed i think and its still not the best place to get stuff because of that 1 dude that watches from outside and the dude inside...

I've tried coins and didn't help.

You can remove the safety when Parvati has circled around the soldiers and Rose is looking at the limo. Firing the ram was the hard part.

The interrogation opportunity makes the target fiddle with his burner. Creating an open flame...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

When he walks back to the shed he'll start mixing up another recipe. If you've loosened the gas tank in the shed he'll blow up

so if I buy each goddamn episode 1-7, I'm gonna be spending $75 on hitman. Why the fuck does it add up that way? I didn't expect them to keep the pricing the same for each goddamn episode, or at least expect them to at least round off to $60. Does it add up to more than $70+ in the states, too?

Square enix can suck a fucking dick, honestly.

swarley64

so... how do you use the exit? The hints are kinda vague
and the folks already wrapped up and took away sean rose's body.

nvm found it.

we going all
mission impossible lol

Why does
the 3D printer make a copy of that guy's face?
If there was a story justification for that, I missed it completely.

Why does

It was originally for Ezra Berg's mask, but Sean Rose took an interest and made one for himself.
That's as far as I got from overheard conversations.

The biggest mystery that I don't think you get an answer for is,
who is Graves really working for?

She's definitely not a double agent for Interpol, but she's clearly reporting to someone over the phone in the greenhouse about the psychological profile she's developing for Sean Rose. She doesn't say remotely enough to suggest who she's talking to, unlike Zaydan heavily telegraphing his phone call to the Herald.

And she was acting very suspicious asking about whether the communications equipment had picked up a strange signal, so she is waiting for some kind of message from offsite. That would not be necessary if she was just working for the shadow client, since he's right there.

Is she a Providence agent? Except we don't know how much of the plot Providence has managed to figure out...

Deadstar

Why does

He had it as a backup for some future mission they were going to run.

Edit: After reading the above maybe I didn't understand correctly.

Jeffrey

hmmm i swear ive seen a melee kill ala shoot them in the gut with a pistol animation in some youtube video.

how do you do that?

justjim89

hmmm i swear ive seen a melee kill ala shoot them in the gut with a pistol animation in some youtube video.

how do you do that?

Sneaking up on someone with a pistol equipped and pressing the subdue button will trigger a kill where 47 double taps them in the back. It's a slick-looking kill.

The new escalation is insanely hard.

At level 2, what you need to do doesn't even seem possible at first glance.

At level 3... A completely new NPC behavior is introduced. Suspicious guards can now be made to actively follow you. You are no longer safe standing still.

This is a gamechanger if it makes it into episode 6 as a final challenge. Needs more discussion.

Jintor

Holy shit. That was a hell of a mission. Hats off to IO, that might have surpassed every map so far except Sapienza.

Blind run (no opportunities, no preknowledge)

Wandered around the outside of the compound for a while, found two lone guys, knocked them out, stole their stuff. Circled the perimeter a few more times, went to the orchard barracks, changed into technical gear. Ran into the Analyst, followed her around for a while.

While trying to clear the area one NPC dropped an Interpol badge which I waved at her, luring her out to the slurry pit. She dismissed her guards and I tossed her in the drink.

Rose wandered up randomly and I saw i had the option to tell him something, so I ended up sequence breaking and luring him to the slurry pits where I chucked a screwdriver at his head and tossed him in the drink.

Maskface I pushed the guard through the window (KOing him), took care of the other guard, then wanted to explosive him but the gas ran out before he got back so I just fibre wired him.

Tamil Tiger I just poisoned her drink since that seemed easiest.

Did a little bit of futzing around getting the mask, ran downstairs, uncovered a conspiracy, walked into the night.

Amazing mission.

ZeroX03

Banned
so if I buy each goddamn episode 1-7, I'm gonna be spending $75 on hitman. Why the fuck does it add up that way? I didn't expect them to keep the pricing the same for each goddamn episode, or at least expect them to at least round off to $60. Does it add up to more than $70+ in the states, too?

Yes. Episodic players got screwed. They should've have been clearer about their business model. They've been called out and don't care to respond.

Just buy the whole season as a bundle, it's awesome.

You're putting faith in IO to continue delivering quality, but you get a discount that way, which is fair enough.

xVodevil

Just buy the whole season as a bundle, it's awesome.

You're putting faith in IO to continue delivering quality, but you get a discount that way, which is fair enough.

Easily! Why would anybody skip the full pack, if the game is good enough to spark complain about the individual episode prices. o_O
Also what's the surprise here? These things always come way more expensive separately than a bundle.

You are paying extra for the advantage you have over the 'full experience' buyers. If you happen to not like the game after the first 2 eps, you can stop buying the following parts. You save up money that way. The people who bought the whole package will be an expensive brick if they don't like it.
I mean, that's basically the advantage of buying something in small chunks instead of one go, you can stop in the middle and cut your losses.

Well... that and because SE loves money, of course.

mxgt

Banned
This mission is great, but I can't wait for the Japan one.

inb4 every Japanese character has a British accent though.

Easily! Why would anybody skip the full pack, if the game is good enough to spark complain about the individual episode prices. o_O
Also what's the surprise here? These things always come way more expensive separately than a bundle.

No one knew how good this game was going to be 7 months ago, it was much easier to drop 15 just to see for yourself, then 10 more a month later. Then after Sapienza it was clear the game would be worth the money...but by that point you're already fucking screwed due to their fucked up price model where they willingly punish episodic buyers. It would be different if the complete pack scaled in price depending on how much you own already, but nope, nothing logical like that.

Jintor

Well yeah because they wanted to reward sight unseen buyers

I mean... that was obvious the whole time, although they lied/misled about the scale of how screwed you'd be.

Roussow

It's neat how easy with the default stash point and spawn you can just grab a gigantic sniper and roll around most of the map with a default disguise without concern, a nice counter to the permanent trespassing. Also, lovely color grading on this map, really loved the palette. Only criticism is that I wish they used an FMV for that second to last cutscene, before this point they hadn't demanded so much of their in game cutscenes -- plus the FMV's they continue to use to close out episodes are just so damn slick, even if the actual content is fairly shallow.
Totally got Spectre vibes from that ending scene.

Maiorum

The entire point of a season pass is that you get all the episodes/DLC for cheaper than you would if you bought them individually. I'd get it if people had been angry about it for the 5 or so years that those things have been around, but to start now is weird. *shrug* Is the issue that they didn't communicate just how much the price difference would be?

Anyway,
I beat the mission twice, and it had me exit via the underground secret room both times. Haven't tried using another exit, but considering that there are challenges involving using a few different exits, I assume it's possible. Is getting the 3D printed mask the only way to open the door? I tried using Berg's body after I poisoned him, but it wouldn't let me. Maybe he has to be unconscious but alive for the door to open? Also, how do you kill both Rose and Parvati with the ram? Only Parvati stands in front of the ram for me.

The entire point of a season pass is that you get all the episodes/DLC for cheaper than you would if you bought them individually. I'd get it if people had been angry about it for the 5 or so years that those things have been around, but to start now is weird. *shrug* Is the issue that they didn't communicate just how much the price difference would be?

Anyway,
I beat the mission twice, and it had me exit via the underground secret room both times. Haven't tried using another exit, but considering that there are challenges involving using a few different exits, I assume it's possible. Is getting the 3D printed mask the only way to open the door? I tried using Berg's body after I poisoned him, but it wouldn't let me. Maybe he has to be unconscious but alive for the door to open? Also, how do you kill both Rose and Parvati with the ram? Only Parvati stands in front of the ram for me.

Pretty sure the other exits are for Contracts and Escalations.

As for the facial recognition, Ezra's face won't work. Not sure if you're able to use Rose's body to open the door, but I'm sure someone will find out soon.

As for the ram, just wait a little longer. Pavarti will go in close to the car and Rose will stand right behind her. That's when you can hit the switch.

Ah, nice! I knew I had seen some in the basement, I guess I just ignored the context. I usually save Ezra for last so I was driving myself nuts looking for some in the level.
Thanks!

there is also a vial
in the building with the point man, so 2 vials and 1 syringe on map in total

Jeffrey

I like that they finally caved in and added the 'rat poison' item has something you can deploy with.

Is 'lockdown' just a temporary state? What does it even do? I still see targets wondering around during that state.

Moff

anyone got some advice for the challenge to blow up the analyst in an accident?
I think I found the spot in the picture, by the "kitchen" area. And sometimes she even walks in, but not close enough to the gas tank.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
anyone got some advice for the challenge to blow up the analyst in an accident?
I think I found the spot in the picture, by the "kitchen" area. And sometimes she even walks in, but not close enough to the gas tank.

can't you just lob a fire extinguisher near her and shoot it? probably not what they want you to do but it should count as an accident with an explosive. (don't actually know if this works, just guessing)

can't you just lob a fire extinguisher near her and shoot it? probably not what they want you to do but it should count as an accident with an explosive.

Not a bad idea. Plenty of cover to pull it off if you do the
Interpol/slurry pit opportunity, where her guards leave her alone.

Is the issue that they didn't communicate just how much the price difference would be?

We knew from the start that we'd be paying more, but it appeared to only be 5 bucks more...we didn't know that they were going to end up charging episodic buyers for the "bonus" episodes bringing the total of the episodic price to 75+

Foffy

Banned

Anyway,

It would appear that all of other exits are only available for other missions

You seem to be forced into one exit in Freedom Fighters, as PS4 players that have The Mercenary have all of the other exits unlocked, IIRC..

As for the facial recognition, Ezra's face won't work. Not sure if you're able to use Rose's body to open the door, but I'm sure someone will find out soon.

I would assume that the "Body Double" challenge is for
opening the door with Rose's body.

Is 'lockdown' just a temporary state? What does it even do? I still see targets wondering around during that state.

Lockdown only applies per-target: if they're in danger (like an explosion goes off nearby), they get ushered off to a saferoom (some particular enclosed area in the level) temporarily.

Ludens

Banned
Regarding the plot:
why IO is totally ignoring Absolution? In the bunker there's no track of info from Absolution, only from other Hitman titles. Also 47 should have at least a scar or something like that in the barcode area on his head, instead there's nothing. It's like they are ignoring that chapter entirely. Also during the ending cutscene the sniper mentioned 47 as "my brother", but he looks very different from 47. I don't know if he is a clone too, but if so he should look exactly like 47, considering in Hitman 1 final mission and the first mission of Contracts we clearly see all agents look the same.

justjim89

I don't even know how Suit Only, Silent Assassin will be possible for this one without some really lame exploit or something. Having to go upstairs to get
the 3D face printout and down to the basement
involves going around a lot of dudes. Not to mention getting to the targets.

Almost had Silent Assassin doing the Name Your Poison challenge, but I apparently got spotted once. Damn.

RedStep

No one knew how good this game was going to be 7 months ago, it was much easier to drop 15 just to see for yourself, then 10 more a month later. Then after Sapienza it was clear the game would be worth the money...but by that point you're already fucking screwed due to their fucked up price model where they willingly punish episodic buyers. It would be different if the complete pack scaled in price depending on how much you own already, but nope, nothing logical like that.

The marketplaces that Hitman is being sold on don't even support that sort of pricing model, so how would they do it? If I watch 3 episodes of a new show and then decide that I want the Season Pass, I'm going to lose some cash. If I download 2 DLC packs from a game and then decide that I want the Season Pass, I'm going to lose some cash. If they made a perfect solution that kept "on the fence" buyers from losing a penny, the Season Pass would be literally worthless.

ev0

Does the Poison Pill Jar void Silent Assassin? I used it but didn't get SA on the new map and I'm not sure why

Murkas

Anyway,

Do well in the hijack simulation and Rose will be impressed and stand in the way as well

Achieved mastery lvl20, the S6 contract was quite a nice change of pace with
the target and his guards constantly following you around if they're suspicious of you, managed to lure him to a car, drop the duck to chain explode the car to get an accident kill.

Also is where is the
CCTV computer?
Looked everywhere.

GeeTeeCee

Something I've never bothered to find out previously: when completing challenges in order to level up mastery, do you have to complete the entire mission in order to have any challenges you completed during that run count? Or are they marked as completed and added to your xp from the moment only the challenge is completed?

I want to try and finally master Paris, but I'd have to run the entire Showstopper mission a bunch of times to try and do this, which sounds pretty repetitive.

Also is where is the
CCTV computer?
Looked everywhere.

First floor of the house, to the left of the big planning room. Two guards stand next to it.

Something I've never bothered to find out previously: when completing challenges in order to level up mastery, do you have to complete the entire mission in order to have any challenges you completed during that run count? Or are they marked as completed and added to your xp from the moment only the challenge is completed.

Pretty sure it's the latter. You can "stack" challenges in a single go, too, if you plan it right. On Sapienza I was able to get
gassing De Santis and dropping a stalactite on her
in a single go by reloading my save as soon as the challenge triggered.

So for Paris, you could feasibly do the same with, say,
Do Svedonya and In Seine
just by reloading and taking a different action.

Top Bottom