• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

AHA-Lambda

There's a piece of intel in the barn where Rose goes that tells you the hacker's phone is the trigger.

*sigh*

Ah, fair enough. But these levels are so large and dense (as much as that's a good thing really!) it's so easy to miss something vital without using instinct/opportunities etc. I always find myself on the first few runs so confused about how to do what I plan out - I know that's the point of the game, but it feels so easy to break the chain. In this case cos I missed a document in another unrelated location, the game wasn't willing to tell me I even picked up the trigger when I did.

I just don't recall having this being as big a problem, for me anyway, in any of the past games =/

Ludens

Banned
If he gets close enough to the other target, the ram will hit both. The first time I did it, only she died, but when I reloaded and tried again it nabbed both of them. Seems to be a little sensitive so save right before you do it.

I completed it a second time and it seems like it does
lock you into doing the tornado shelter thing again. The alternate exits really seem to be for contracts only. Pretty lame since there are quite a few exits spread out from each other.

Yeah, I already did that, it was the most easy solution. Now I can't
make Berg explode himself. I turned the valve of the nearby gas can in the laboratory, I receive a message informing me he uses frequently that equipment but no matter what, he doesn't turn on the thing in order to explode.

Deadstar

I could possibly feel that, but I'd rather play the stage that interests me the most first and see from there if I want to continue. Sapienza looks really fun, the others might be too, but it's one that has really caught my eye.

If you want to dip your toes in first, I would rank the levels like this:

Sapienza
Bangkok
Paris
Marrakesh

Sapienza is easily the most fun and interesting for me but the others are awesome too. Sapienza is great because it's large, there are many different areas to go to and the main mission is pretty fun. I haven't played Colorado yet.

tchocky

Hi Hitman Gaf, I have a few questions.
Can buy episode 2 without the intro pack and play it? If I can't, can I buy for example episode 4 and play it, while skipping episode 3?

You need the intro pack to play the other levels. I think you can then buy the levels that interest you.

Finally, figured out how the
smartwatch bomb
worked. Worst thing was I had the trigger and didn't know it.

This is a great example of my biggest problem with the game, as much as I do enjoy it. As I broke the sequence of events for how to do the opportunity the game didn't tell me how to actually do it, it just said opportunity completed and left me wondering why nothing was happening.

So because I try to do my first run blind like a classic Hitman title I can't logically figure out how to execute the target in this way -_-
Worst thing I've come across is not being able to get the phone off of Novikov's bodyguard in the Paris level unless you read a document beforehand, thereby locking you off from actually performing that method unless you reloaded and found the document first.

AHA-Lambda

Worst thing I've come across is not being able to get the phone off of Novikov's bodyguard in the Paris level unless you read a document beforehand, thereby locking you off from actually performing that method unless you reloaded and found the document first.

Yeah, it was similar in Paris when mixing the cocktail. I can't make the drink unless I find a recipe that's lying in the basement. Without using the opportunities, I had no idea why 47 couldn't just make the thing.

Or like finding the invite lying the toilet for example.

I love the game, but it's so easy to miss shit in these huge levels if you're not using some of these systems, at least I find, and Absolution got slated for instinct after all.

Xenoboy

If you want to dip your toes in first, I would rank the levels like this:

Sapienza
Bangkok
Paris
Marrakesh

Sapienza is easily the most fun and interesting for me but the others are awesome too. Sapienza is great because it's large, there are many different areas to go to and the main mission is pretty fun. I haven't played Colorado yet.

I'll look into doing something like this later on in the week.

You need the intro pack to play the other levels. I think you can then buy the levels that interest you.

That's nice to to hear thanks.

Moff

well that was fantastic, easily on the level of paris and sapienza I think

I feared it would feel a bit too much like a common stealth game, but the disguises are powerful. and although I usually prefer missions with lots of civilians this was a very nice change of pace, since we had tons of civilians in all other levels.

the colorado mission is huge and has tons of interaction possibilities and it felt very well constructed how you can distract guards and reach places/disguises. not frustrating at all although you are surrounded by armed guards at all times.

I still think sapienza is king, but this is very close and definitely a very memorable highlight of the franchise
the opportunities felt wasted and boring sometimes and while I did them I actually found the targets often alone and could have easily killed them before. one opportunity felt especially pointless with the
mossad interrogator, you had to get a key from a shed where he goes on his own, just to go down to his interrogation room to make him go up to that shed again. I generally feel they could have done more with that opportunity considering it deals with chemicals and stuff like that,
but maybe I just have not discovered that yet.

I also don't like that there is a story area at the end that you have to go through to finish the level, the mission feels a lot less open because of that, it's worse than the lab in sapienza.

still, top tier mission, took me around 2 hours for the first look, with a lot of reloads of course and 4 opportunities. I didn't even get silent assassin, apparently I got spotted and bodies were found although I killed all of them in accidents.

story discussion:
so providence is basically the illuminati and this terror cell was taking them out? they are basically the good guys and 47 is sent to kill them? and all the other targets including form past games were providence enemies as well? or providence members?

and we have no idea who the mystery man with the sniper rifle at the end is, do we? I hope 47 is not the friend he talked about, who he ran away with, that would be quite a retcon.

Ludens

Banned
Do you know what you need to do in order to unlock the hidden achievement
(not the one in which you need to kill the targets in different ways, but the "easter egg" one)?

Moff

How do you
kill the girl with the car lift?

it's one of the opportunities
- get the point man disguise
- talk to her
-listen to the plan
- sabotage the security
- when it's over press the button on the control console to release the ram, she will stand right in front of it

sometimes another target will even stand right next to her, I don't know if that always happens when he is around or only when you beat the time limit and he jokes you could be an assassin

MUnited83

For you.
it's one of the opportunities
- get the point man disguise
- talk to her
-listen to the plan
- sabotage the security
- when it's over press the button on the control console to release the ram, she will stand right in front of it

sometimes another target will even stand right next to her, I don't know if that always happens when he is around or only when you beat the time limit and he jokes you could be an assassin

He means the car lift in the car shop I think, not the ram.

How do you
kill the girl with the car lift?

For me, I did the following:

-Shut off the generator powering the work lights near the van, knock out the tech who goes to inspect it, hide him in the nearby storage closet. Make sure to turn the generator back on.
-With the tech working on the car, toss a coin near the tiny little closet/room to the right of the garage. Knock him out, drag him in there, shut the door.
-You probably don't have to, but I dropped a gun under the car, positioned myself behind the toolbox, and thew a coin under the car as she passed by. Ran around, hit the button, slipped around the back of the garage.

AHA-Lambda

yeah that one.

-Shut off the generator powering the work lights near the van, knock out the tech who goes to inspect it, hide him in the nearby storage closet. Make sure to turn the generator back on.
-With the tech working on the car, toss a coin near the tiny little closet/room to the right of the garage. Knock him out, drag him in there, shut the door.
-You probably don't have to, but I dropped a gun under the car, positioned myself behind the toolbox, and thew a coin under the car as she passed by. Ran around, hit the button, slipped around the back of the garage.

ah, thanks :)

Moff

I just tried that and she reacted to nothing I threw around, even right next to her. don't know if that was a bug or if I have to do something spezific.

KingKong

speaking of that, how do I kill her with the gas tank? It looks like
you loosen the cap, the mechanic goes over to smoke and lights himself on fire, but she doesnt stop there and I dont think I could even time it so they intersect. I killed her by throwing an explosive at it but it didnt count

speaking of that, how do I kill her with the gas tank? It looks like
you loosen the cap, the mechanic goes over to smoke and lights himself on fire, but she doesnt stop there and I dont think I could even time it so they intersect. I killed her by throwing an explosive at it but it didnt count

Just shoot the gas when she walks over it.

Marrakesh and Bangkok redeemed, because I can't help but feel the funneled experience at the end of this Colorado mission makes it my least favorite of the bunch so far.

It's certainly different, and I can only infer there's one other, much more challenging way to exit the level, but as it stands, I'm not wild about it.

Hopefully the Escalations and Contracts will put it in a better light.

edit: to be fair, never really found Marrakesh or Bangkok that bad, just limited compared to Sapienza and Paris. This one...good amount of variety for the targets, but as a whole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ymgve

I'm glad it turned out that disguises work just as well as in previous maps. From the pre-release discussion it sounded like maybe nothing was safe and people that could look through your disguise would be everywhere.

Anyone know where I can find poison items in the map? Need two to do that one challenge.

Camisado

This was OK, I'm not usually a fan of levels that aren't in public places. My favourite part of Hitman has always been killing someone in broad daylight in a public place, not breaking into heavily armed compounds.

I really hope Japan is a good map, I can see them going one of two ways with it, either a very busy public area (City block, multistory shopping mall or Hospital etc.) or it's going to be another compound style level around an old shrine in the country/mountains with nothing but heavily armed guards.

I read there is a lethal poison syringe on the Colorado map. Does anyone know if that's true/where is it?
I don't remember the exact position but it's
down in the basement where the prisoner is being interrogated, I believe it was on the wall you'd face coming down the interior stairs but I'm really not sure about that part.

Edit:yeah it's there to left of the chairs on the shelf

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This was OK, I'm not usually a fan of levels that aren't in public places. My favourite part of Hitman has always been killing someone in broad daylight in a public place, not breaking into heavily armed compounds.

I really hope Japan is a good map, I can see them going one of two ways with it, either a very busy public area (City block, multistory shopping mall or Hospital etc.) or it's going to be another compound style level around an old shrine in the country/mountains with nothing but heavily armed guards.

If the leak is true its not the latter, won't say anything more then that for those who want to remain spoiler free. Definitely more of a "public" space though

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I still think sapienza is king, but this is very close and definitely a very memorable highlight of the franchise
the opportunities felt wasted and boring sometimes and while I did them I actually found the targets often alone and could have easily killed them before. one opportunity felt especially pointless with the
mossad interrogator, you had to get a key from a shed where he goes on his own, just to go down to his interrogation room to make him go up to that shed again. I generally feel they could have done more with that opportunity considering it deals with chemicals and stuff like that,
but maybe I just have not discovered that yet.

I actually pulled this off almost entirely by accident.
Found the shed first, realized that it was his lab and opened the gas canister, figuring he'd walk in and blow himself up. When he didn't I shrugged and moved on, found my way to the basement, just did the "overdose" thing to see what would happen, watched him run in and back out. I was exploring the house further when all of the sudden I heard the explosion and got the kill

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The point man stuff is fun.
I shot him in his good leg.

the mossad agent you have to kill creeped me out. Walking around with that mask on.

justjim89

There's an achievement in going through the
story bit and exiting through the basement, so does that mean there's another way to end the level? Having to go through that bit for every run will get old fast. Could you do the story stuff before killing all the targets? There's an achievement for exiting via the bridge. I'm curious to see if there are alternate ways of handling this, like some hidden disc you can find in the level or something.

As for the story,
I'm pretty sure I and many others predicted as early as the beta that Soders would end up betraying you and being the big bad. And yet IO still treated it like some grand twist that shakes the foundation of the story. You mean this dude introduced in this game that has only ever served as a roadblock in 47 and Diana's way isn't on the level? Consider me shocked. At least this hopefully means he won't be running from the full force of the ICA, this time. I was actually enjoying the story bits up until this point, but I could not care less about the big bads. It sounds as though they're going to retcon the shadow client into 47's past somehow, which is just dandy.

Still, this seems like a great level with a lot of fun stuff to uncover. I got to level 10 Mastery in my first run, which is the most I've leveled up in my first go of any of the levels.

Meneses

Not a huge fan of this level, I prefer public places. It feels very limited, mostly because of the level's ending.

There's some neat stuff in there, as always, but the downwards slope after Sapienza continues.

I don't remember the exact position but it's
down in the basement where the prisoner is being interrogated, I believe it was on the wall you'd face coming down the interior stairs but I'm really not sure about that part.

Edit:yeah it's there to left of the chairs on the shelf

thank you! got the
all poison kills challenge
no problem

ArjanN

As for the story,
I'm pretty sure I and many others predicted as early as the beta that Soders would end up betraying you and being the big bad. And yet IO still treated it like some grand twist that shakes the foundation of the story. You mean this dude introduced in this game that has only ever served as a roadblock in 47 and Diana's way isn't on the level? Consider me shocked. At least this hopefully means he won't be running from the full force of the ICA, this time. I was actually enjoying the story bits up until this point, but I could not care less about the big bads. It sounds as though they're going to retcon the shadow client into 47's past somehow, which is just dandy.

I actually don't mind them inserting the shadow client into 47's past. There's some wiggle room there to make stuff up, and I prefer it over 47's past not coming up at all.

Jeffrey

so... how do you use the exit? The hints are kinda vague
and the folks already wrapped up and took away sean rose's body.

nvm found it.

we going all
mission impossible lol

Top Bottom