• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

IO made Hitman great again.

I think I enjoyed Absolution more than most people (I enjoyed the scarecrow, chinatown and the strip club levels despite the numerous issues with the game). I am happy to see Hitman back in form again.

My two disappointments with this game are

- That Jesper Kyd isn't doing the soundtrack, and while the music is solid, his absence has been noticeable.
- The Sarajevo Six mission is PS4 exclusive, finally we get some Balkan levels / missions and they are not on my preferred Hitman-playing platform.

I also think the tutorial level(s) are the best Hitman tutorial levels they have done. Specifically because the first time they walk you through it, and then you redo it with the instructions of "be creative". Hopefully this eases newer players into the glory of Hitman and its puzzle-like exploration gameplay.

I am thoroughly enjoying myself with this game.

Jito

Banned
Who's the douchebag that came up with the featured contract?

The one dude in the second floor is fine I could take him out covertly.

But the upstairs dude, Po, doesn't fucking move from his little corner EVER he just stays there texting the whole time and he has like a lady next to him and a guard looking at the area from behind.

Did they pick a target you can't get to?

It is possible, sneak up the drain pipes and get into the room where the doors open right next to him.

Just throw one coin down the hall to distract the lady then a second to lure Po into the room with you, close the doors and BAM! no more Po. Took a while to figure out before.

I'm enjoying this a lot. It's classic Hitman. But the constant disconnects and being booted back to the menu make me want to put my fucking foot through the TV.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
just got caught trespassing and normally I punch the guy but he was so close I let him talk and he says "sir, sir, come with me please" and then walks me to the area I'm suppose to be in. nice little touch so it doesn't always end in a shootout.

Moff

- The Sarajevo Six mission is PS4 exclusive, finally we get some Balkan levels / missions and they are not on my preferred Hitman-playing platform.

don't worry about it, they are not actual levels, they are just contracts in the existing levels

If it helps, these are not actually set in Sarajevo. It's just one extra target added to each of the game locations.

e.g., the first guy is at the fashion show.

I just want to say that the Soundtrack for this game is fantastic.

The feeling when you start climbing the walls and it starts playing that sneaky track gives the perfect James Bond feel.

Foffy

Banned
well that's nice. I can't wait to walk up to him, inject him with a syringe and press X to "no sir I assure you it's harmless, I'm a doctor this is simply your late vaccine" haha

Whatever I guess I'll try to do it non lethal but that will mean a fucking bloodbath and that isn't what Hitman games are for me. It took me forever to even do the second target in the Paris mission because I was following his route to see where I could kill him with an 'accident'.

I guess for now I'll try to find if they sell the soundtrack one more time. Anyone with a twitter mind asking one Squeenix if they plan to sell it?

I haven't tried it yet, but could you throw the syringe as a knife? You could in the last game...that might be the tactic used here.

I do hope they continue with multiple targets per level, it gives a lot of variety in your approach.

As far as I know the trailer for the Sapienza lvl showed only a single target, hopefully they just don't want to show the other one immediately.

Also still haven't found a use for the weird secret outfit, maybe I'll just take it for a walk on the catwalk

Sapienza has two. Someone leaked a super early version of the briefing confirming the second target.
I believe it's a woman working who is looking into biohazardous material.
Every episode may have two targets.

I forget which site previewed the third episode, but they too confirmed two main targets for Marrakesh.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fuck sake. 4 times now doing missions right at the end and I get booted out due to the server disconnects. :|

MUnited83

For you.
They could have waited?
So what? People who want to get it only when its complete are going to get the game at the same time they would have otherwise. That there is a option for people to join early doesn't affect those people in the slightest. If anything, it just results in a better game since they can take fan suggestion and improve on the next episodes.

Release all today or release all in January
No monthly stuff
The game isn't finished yet, so they can't release it all today.

They are releasing it all in January: the physical copy comes out in January with everything on it.

They could have waited?
They are waiting, it releases in January. I don't understand what you guys are getting at. The episodic thing just means they can release each level as it's finished to the players like me who are really keen to play it. Hitman is the perfect game for this approach.

For anyone who doesn't want to buy digital, or who doesn't want to play the game level by level, they have the full physical release coming as soon as the game is done. It will be better for the episodic digital release because they will have had a heap of game design and technical feedback by then, something they wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Put the first area on the disc and use the disc for verification.
Then updates a la Destiny or Diablo 3.

No disc in retail stores means many people just wont know it exists.
No offence, but that is a terrible idea. Can you imagine the shitstorm when Mr Casual Gamer buys it at GameStop and gets it home only to find out there's only one level on the disc? People who don't know Hitman exists aren't the ones who'll want to play it level by level over the course of a yearlong release schedule.

Rembrandt

Banned
so mad I forgot my XB1 after reading this impressions. grabbing it as soon as I touch the controller.

is there a release schedule?

That slow role into the Paris level reveal is brilliant. The red carpet entrance into the main hall is such a cool way to start a game.

Gameplay-wise, I really love how it's done : the game show you your first mark right way, then when following him give you one of the most broken opportunity of the level (Kruger). Great way to immerse the player in a level that, otherwise, would be a bit overhelming by the sheer amount of things to discover.

MUnited83

For you.
Sadly it seems like taking oout targets with accidents will still count as body found, so you lose those points. That sucks :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
it's not doable as a silent assassin. He's in a corner texting, not drinking food nor eating. The only way to kill him would be to do it in the wide open. Which is ridiculous, I'm fine if the silent assassin route is hard as fuck, but at least give me the option to attempt it.

The only to get it out of there would be to
enter the room to the side, shoot him while inside, and try to run away.

If you mean lethal injection, I've stuck with rat poison. Lethal injection you'd still kill him in the wide open with 2 people looking at you minimum.
I got him to move in a pretty hilariously dumb way.

Throw a coin in the room nearby with the door open, the girl goes in. Subdue her and move her then throw another coin and he'll come in.

I didn't have poison on me but I just snapped his neck and continue on. It's a sketchy looking room since there's an open door/a bunch of people outside but AFAIK nobody actually comes inside of it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Lucky if I've been able to play more than an hour at a time, about to finish the final test and I'm booted by a DC

Why ffs

Foffy

Banned

Throw a coin in the room nearby with the door open, the girl goes in. Subdue her and move her then throw another coin and he'll come in.

I didn't have poison on me but I just snapped his neck and continue on. It's a sketchy looking room since there's an open door/a bunch of people outside but AFAIK nobody actually comes inside of it.

A waiter walks by, but doesn't go in there. He did in earlier builds.

NeoGiff

I bought the game today and it's great. So far I've:

- Done the all the tutorial stuff that was included in the beta
- Done the Paris mission once (it took me 37 minutes)
- Done a contract in which I killed the three chefs in the kitchen
- Done the first run-through of the first escalation mission

Goddamn. There's a lot to take in here! It's a funny thing - I'm so used to the level design and mechanics in Blood Money that I assumed I'd be naturally adept at this game, but the scope of the Paris level completely overwhelmed me. It's enormous!

I haven't tried it yet, but could you throw the syringe as a knife? You could in the last game...that might be the tactic used here.

Sapienza has two. Someone leaked a super early version of the briefing confirming the second target.
I believe it's a woman working who is looking into biohazardous material.
Every episode may have two targets.

I forget which site previewed the third episode, but they too confirmed two main targets for Marrakesh.

you can't throw syringe btw, trying it again and I can;t.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
these fucking disconnections. can't play for more than 15 minutes without the game shitting the bed.

I still haven't finished the Paris mission.

I wonder if all the miscellaneous dialog in the Final test mission is kind of spoiling the overall story (not that Hitman is really about an overarching story), since the NPCs keep mentioning a character that isn't in any other mission.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Ugh. I keep losing connection with the server. This online-only bullshit is...bullshit.

Other than I'm loving the game. It's exactly what I wanted in a next-gen Blood Money.

But this server stuff is annoying to say the least.

these fucking disconnections. can't play for more than 15 minutes without the game shitting the bed.

Yup. Me neither.

edit: not even two minutes that time. Fuck.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if all the miscellaneous dialog in the Final test mission is kind of spoiling the overall story (not that Hitman is really about an overarching story), since the NPCs keep mentioning a character that isn't in any other mission.

I think the Freeform mission has a few tidbits as well.

I killed Victor and the lady by blasting at them from the runway ceiling and then half shot and stealthed my out onto the helicopter. Why must I suck so much at Hitman games lol. I feel such an urge to turn on the opportunities feature but I feel like it may ruin my enjoyment.

justjim89

Is it bad that I can't even finish the Contracts mode tutorial? They ask you to put an explosive on the back of the car in plain view of the three mechanics. What am I supposed to do?

Just trying to get the damn achievement.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I killed Victor and the lady by blasting at them from the runway ceiling and then half shot and stealthed my out onto the helicopter. Why must I suck so much at Hitman games lol. I feel such an urge to turn on the opportunities feature but I feel like it may ruin my enjoyment.

I've turned it off and feel much better for it. Just an open sandbox for YOU to explore.

I just killed her after
slowly but surely knocking out her guards one-by-one and hiding them in the bathroom. I even walked around as the Sheik for a while lol. Got the piano man challenge as well, now I'm trying to drop some lighting on Viktor. Missed Hitman so much

But for real though these server issues are fucking irrrrrritating.

It's also great that the game gives you the opportunity to turn off pretty much anything that makes the game fair in any way.

The only thing I have turned off though is the Instinct and the Opportunity. I don't think I could handle turning off the location of the target, at least not now.

Is it bad that I can't even finish the Contracts mode tutorial? They ask you to put an explosive on the back of the car in plain view of the three mechanics. What am I supposed to do?

The car isn't in plain view from the mechanics. You just place it in the back by holding L1 and R1, take a few steps back, and you're good. Don't forget to put the propane tank in front of them, which you can't get introuble for that.

MUnited83

For you.

on the back of the car that is outside( it will start a chain reaction and kill them)

PreFire

Did the featured contract where you gotta kill the reporter, her camera man and some security guy..

They all join together at one point, I left a propane gas canister by their feet, shot it from a balcony and all three of them exploded lol

I've turned it off and feel much better for it. Just an open sandbox for YOU to explore.

I just killed her after
slowly but surely knocking out her guards one-by-one and hiding them in the bathroom. I even walked around as the Sheik for a while lol. Got the piano man challenge as well, now I'm trying to drop some lighting on Viktor. Missed Hitman so much

But for real though these server issues are fucking irrrrrritating.

How did you get the Piano Man challenge? I never notice anyone going by the piano.

MaKTaiL

So, I just read on Playstation Blog that the first Elusive Target and the second Escalation mission will unlock next week. Sucessfully killing an Elusive Target can net you exclusive items such as weapons and skins.

MUnited83

For you.
So, I just read on Playstation Blog that the first Elusive Target and the second Escalation mission will unlock next week. Sucessfully killing an Elusive Target can net you exclusive items such as weapons and skins.

I predict people getting pissed because of the "one try only" thing :p

MayMay

Banned
Just got done with the last difficulty of the Snorrason Ascension Escalation Mission.

Man, this game mode is so much fun. The
"all bodies have to be hidden in 90 seconds"
requirement in level 4 and 5 forced me to rethink my whole strategy.

Nice!

BlackJace

I feel like the Coin might be bugged sometimes. Threw it in a perfect fashion and the guard straight up looked at it and then went back to his patrol.

I tried that, first time one of the fucking guests
saw me through the window
. Next time I simply stood inside the room and shot him with a silenced pistol, then booked it out of the room.

if the guy who made the contract was going to choose such an annoying target, then I don't have to play by his rules lol

I feel like the Coin might be bugged sometimes. Threw it in a perfect fashion and the guard straight up looked at it and then went back to his patrol.

Some guards, like those guarding doors/upstairs areas, are fucking the most professional men ever and just stand like statues regardless of the noise haha

MUnited83

For you.

He might have seen you throwing the coin(not necessarily detecting you for real, just watching you throw the coin), in which case he will ignore it. They normally make a comment about it but not always.

They should push them back until their server issues are fixed.

I predict people getting pissed because of the "one try only" thing :p
Wait till they get disconnected from the server while doing the Elusive Target and can never try it again...

Just got done with the last difficulty of the Snorrason Ascension Escalation Mission.

Man, this game mode is so much fun. The
"all bodies have to be hidden in 90 seconds"
requirement in level 4 and 5 forced me to rethink my whole strategy.
I always hide bodies immediately anyway, the tricky part for me was not being able to pacify anyone. That forced me to change my whole approach.

Top Bottom