• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

They could just do what they did in in previous games. Security rooms with guards watching the feeds, if you're trespassing or doing something suspicious/illegal on camera then it's the same as doing it in front of an NPC and if you shoot one out then they'll send someone to look at it and count it against Silent Assassin. Could even add a limited-use jammer to take out cameras without alerting guards as an unlock.

A camera jammer seems like such a Splinter Cell gadget. It makes sense there, but Hitman is not really about ghosting levels anymore.

If cameras penalize you as much as getting seen, then everybody would just... not get seen by cameras, which would just make the game more of a pain in the ass for casual players while changing nothing for hardcore players.

I think getting seen by a camera should work the same as "area being investigated" works now, where it's not necessarily a bad thing and even can be used to your advantage if you're clever. Maybe explain it as the guards not being allowed to issue a full alert based on video feed and an in-person investigation being mandatory. But if you use cameras as a distraction in this way, the tradeoff is that you must destroy the recordings so they can't verify what they saw on the video.

MUnited83

For you.
I wish that one of the unlocks was the nitroglycerin bottles instead of the gunpowder bags. The nitroglycerin bottles being affected by physics open up interesting possibilities.

I don't think we've been told before about the info the developers dropped at the end of the new GB video, have we?
About the whole hospital being run by an artificial intelligence.

Also from that GB video: somehow Brad still hasn't noticed that he has unlocked the Absolution Suit after he's had it for six weeks. Although to be fair IO still hasn't noticed that people are unlocking suits as long as they kill the targets.

ArjanN

I don't think we've been told before about the info the developers dropped at the end of the new GB video, have we?

No, we hadn't heard that before I think. I figured
that was just a server room or something in the trailer, but knowing the facility is AI run, the screen with the circle is pretty HAL 9000.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No, we hadn't heard that before I think. I figured
that was just a server room or something in the trailer, but knowing the facility is AI run, the screen with the circle is pretty HAL 9000.

Oh my god, we're going to assassinate an AI?! That's even cooler than assassinating the virus in Sapienza!

Foffy

Banned
An interesting note from the Giant Bomb video is that when Brad asks if cameras do anything besides score they say "not right now". Cameras must be changed in Season 2 as I doubt they would change them just for Hokkaido.

Some AI would respond to things you did if you were on a camera in Blood Money, for example.

Sneaking in one route during A New Life would cause one guard to go to that location. You could also get him there by taking out the dog.

Also from that GB video: somehow Brad still hasn't noticed that he has unlocked the Absolution Suit after he's had it for six weeks. Although to be fair IO still hasn't noticed that people are unlocking suits as long as they kill the targets.

It's 2019, so they may be ahead with deep learning and AI in the Hitmanverse than we will be in that time ;)

I believe Travis at IO said that completing missions should lead to unlocks, not target kills, but perhaps I will find out on the 1st when the Ex-Dictator launches. I'm 11/12 completed missions, but 12/12 for target kills. The 13th mission will see if I get the suit or not.

Also, as it may be time to fairly ask about this, but has anyone noticed that for most of the Sarajevo Six missions
all briefings have omitted the PS4-exclusive claim except for one? The briefings are actually edited versions of the SS trailers, only with the PS4 stuff taken out of the video. Nothing else was changed. Either the second or fourth target still has any PS4 naming in the video, none of the others do.

These targets apparently exist in the PC version, according to dataminers looking for..well, data. Maybe they'll be a worldwide release post-physical release?

I finally finished every escalation. The Reziko Conundrum took forever because I kept trying to get the disarm device, when it's actually faster without it (but the whole thing is still a 6-minute run if you do everything the "intended" way).

It's 2019, so they may be ahead with deep learning and AI in the Hitmanverse than we will be in that time ;)

I believe Travis at IO said that completing missions should lead to unlocks, not target kills, but perhaps I will find out on the 1st when the Ex-Dictator launches. I'm 11/12 completed missions, but 12/12 for target kills. The 13th mission will see if I get the suit or not.

Also, as it may be time to fairly ask about this, but has anyone noticed that for most of the Sarajevo Six missions
all briefings have omitted the PS4-exclusive claim except for one? The briefings are actually edited versions of the SS trailers, only with the PS4 stuff taken out of the video. Nothing else was changed. Either the second or fourth target still has any PS4 naming in the video, none of the others do.

These targets apparently exist in the PC version, according to dataminers looking for..well, data. Maybe they'll be a worldwide release post-physical release?

I'm also 11/12 and 12/12 like you. I expect to get the suit with elusive #13 unless this new unlock system actually changes how it works.

I wouldn't read anything into the Sarajevo Six inconsistencies. It's a complete toss-up whether Playstation exclusive content stays exclusive or not (sometimes it just stays exclusive because everybody forgets it even exists).

GeeTeeCee

I just spent an hour or so laboriously setting up the consulate intern challenge in Marrakesh, all so I could hit Mastery level 20.

Never again.

NeoGiff

Finally reached mastery level 20 in Colorado. Now the only trophy left to get is the escalation one.

Do we know whether or not a platinum trophy will be added tomorrow?

Disappointed that there will be no briefcase this season. Hope it's added early in Season 2.

Finally reached mastery level 20 in Colorado. Now the only trophy left to get is the escalation one.

Do we know whether or not a platinum trophy will be added tomorrow?

Has there ever been a situation where a Platinum was added AFTER the game was out? I thought it had to be there from day 1, like it was for Life Is Strange.

MUnited83

For you.
Still pisses me off that they reset the whole leaderboards(except user contracts ) because of wallbanging. There was literally one single mission (Club 27) where it was actually the fastest method.

I think there have been three leaderboard resets: for fixing the time bonus bug, adding NPC head-turning, and nerfing the Lancer shooting through walls. That's once every few months.

Jesus. How many hours have you played?

Over 200 hours by now. And 40-50 hours is my high bar for a really good game.

BibiMaghoo

Has there ever been a situation where a Platinum was added AFTER the game was out? I thought it had to be there from day 1, like it was for Life Is Strange.

Never like this. The only comparable titles are games that are also comprised of DLC, like Walking Dead. Season 1 released as a single complete trophy list and so had a platinum. Season 2 did not - it was broken down into dlc like hitman - and did not have a platinum.

From a personal perspective, there is zero chance we will get a platinum added. The only possibility is that the disc version has a separate complete list with one.

DrSlek

I finally finished every escalation. The Reziko Conundrum took forever because I kept trying to get the disarm device, when it's actually faster without it (but the whole thing is still a 6-minute run if you do everything the "intended" way).

I'm also 11/12 and 12/12 like you. I expect to get the suit with elusive #13 unless this new unlock system actually changes how it works.

I wouldn't read anything into the Sarajevo Six inconsistencies. It's a complete toss-up whether Playstation exclusive content stays exclusive or not (sometimes it just stays exclusive because everybody forgets it even exists).
Some of the scores on these escalation missions have to be hacks. The one with the battleaxe and the sheikh in Paris took me 10 minutes, but the top of the leader-board is full of people doing it in 1 minute and 50 seconds...or less.

Some of the scores on these escalation missions have to be hacks. The one with the battleaxe and the sheikh in Paris took me 10 minutes, but the top of the leader-board is full of people doing it in 1 minute and 50 seconds...or less.

That doesn't even sound physically possible considering how far apart the targets are.

Seven hours until Hokkaido releases and I finally got around to checking back in Paris for the hint that was dropped about this level. Margolis was auctioning off footage of
an "illegal liver transplant"
at a hospital in Japan.

So that's a hint about what's going on here. It sounds like this level is the kind where
you find hidden horrors under the shiny clean exteriors. Are we getting into Meat King territory here?

Bebpo

Banned
Can't wait for Hokkaido. Only played Colorado once, so been waiting for Hokkaido to come out and then will sink a ton of time into both + the new escalations from the last month or two. While I find playing in short bursts fun for elusives, I kind feel like my skill goes down if I'm not sinking a bunch of time in, so I like getting addicted and playing for a half a dozen hours straight every few months.

Anyone here playing on PC. How does that run?

I've never gotten the game to run smooth, but then I have everything maxed out. It still runs somewhere in 30-60 but has a lot of slowdown whenever there's a bunch of NPCs (which is everywhere). Running GTX 980 SLI.

I'm hoping at some point now that they're done with the basic levels that they'll optimize the game further, but if not you can always turn settings down or get top of the line cards to brute force it. I feel like 60fps isn't really important for Hitman because it's slow and methodical and the aiming sucks anyways (playing on a controller), so I prefer the high level of detail in the levels with everything max.

Forkball

For me, the frame rate is all over the place on PC. I have a 970. Nothing awful, but of course I want 60 at all times.

Hokkaido goes up at 7 AM PST according to their blog. If they don't put every single Ninja Turtle weapon into the map I'm going to be disappointed.

Aangster

The lore found in the background is great. From Showstopper, here's a list of Dalia Margolis’ conversations with her assistant Hailey. They give hints to the premise of upcoming episodes at the time:

• Live footage of an illegal liver transplant operation in Japan
  • Photos of a Chinese state councillor at a petting zoo
  • Audio on a plot to overthrow the Moroccan government
  • Internal memo about Thomas Cross’ news network using phone hacking to spy on liberal politicians
  • Report about the US violating its own trade embargo
  • Ether Corp’s development of a new top-secret bioweapon
  • Video of the Swiss ambassador’s son strangling a stripper
  • DNA report on the mayor of Chicago

Damn it, accidentally spoiled myself to 'something' in Hokkaido as I was looking at the cinematics to try and refresh my memory with how things progressed this season.

Foffy

Banned
Because of the servers being down for now, I just realized that the Sarajevo Six missions could be played offline.

When did this change happen? I do not recall it being so at launch, for sure...

interesting from the patch notes
https://hitman.com/en-us/updates/episode-6-hokkaido-release-notes

Next Update
We are already close to releasing another game update within the next few weeks, hopefully earlier. This update will include a new reward system for Elusive Targets. There will be more suit unlocks and new ways to unlock them. All of these details, as well as release notes will accompany that update.

10304850065231.555.d5b03982dba3a28b613d4a82c6b3fa33.jpg

Hey everyone!

Long time lurking this thread. I think I have read every single reply in here. As a dev, that has been a blast, a pleasure and a learning experience.

I hope you guys enjoy Hokkaido.

Foffy

Banned
Hey everyone!

Long time lurking this thread. I think I have read every single reply in here. As a dev, that has been a blast, a pleasure and a learning experience.

I hope you guys enjoy Hokkaido.

Sorry if I was too harsh on your launch woes with the game in this thread, friend. ;)

I have yet to start Hokkaido, but I am already looking forward to the bonus episode, future content, and what may be in store next. <3

This is what Hitman should be, and if there's anything to learn, it's the foundations emphasized in this game.

Map seem a little small? Only just started mind. Just the map in the briefing menu doesn't appear very wide. Still it has 4 floors though. It looks gorgeous btw.

Top Bottom