• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Demoskinos

So question how do you
poison Yamazaki? Did I miss a step? I found the fugu fish in the basement and got a chef outfit but when I made the sushi and served it to her it was not poisoned? I had the vial of fugu poison on me...

I work as a Level Designer on this game. That involves level layout, scripting and systems markup mostly. I'm probably the guy who put that annoying Enforcer tag on some of the NPCs ;)
Thanks for causing me so much grief. :mad:

Just kidding, thanks to you and the rest of the team at IO for making a great season. :)

Is the pallet standing in the way of the crowbar in the chopper pilot's room intentional or a bug? I can't get any angle where I can pick up the crowbar!
Yeah it's wonky as hell but it's possible to pick it up.
Stand to the left of it and angle the camera to the right.

So question how do you
poison Yamazaki? Did I miss a step? I found the fugu fish in the basement and got a chef outfit but when I made the sushi and served it to her it was not poisoned? I had the vial of fugu poison on me...
There's a dish just to the right that you have to poison first, and THEN prepare the sushi for Yuki

Demoskinos

Thanks for causing me so much grief. :mad:

Just kidding, thanks to you and the rest of the team at IO for making a great season. :)

Yeah it's wonky as hell but it's possible to pick it up.
Stand to the left of it and angle the camera to the right.

There's a dish just to the right that you have to poison first, and THEN prepare the sushi for Yuki

Oh duh! duh! I'm such an idiot! Oh well plenty of reasons to go back into the level again. I'll have to do that next time.

Beat it by
stumbling across the transplant heart for Soder and throwing it in the trash complete with swinging lid for comedic effect, amazing. Then I poisoned Yuki with the fugu fish and ran to the helicopter

Amazing level, amazing season, can't wait to get level 20 mastery with some of the interesting unlocks and I'm really excited for the next season. So thank you everyone who worked on the game for making my game of the year!

Murkas

Is the pallet standing in the way of the crowbar in the chopper pilot's room intentional or a bug? I can't get any angle where I can pick up the crowbar!

If you're on about the one with a guard
sleeping in the room
then yeah it can be picked up, just gotta angle it right.

This level is great, probably top 3 for me, love how you have to use
what you find on site due to no loadout.

My first attempt
electrocuted Soders and poisoned Yami's fugu. Second attempt destroyed the spare heart and pushed Yami during yoga. Yoga is probably the best opportunity, 47 doing poses and the ninja pose when you start by the mountain is probably the highlight of the season for me.

I also like the twist with the final S6 target.

Hey everyone!

Long time lurking this thread. I think I have read every single reply in here. As a dev, that has been a blast, a pleasure and a learning experience.

I hope you guys enjoy Hokkaido.

I forgive you for Absolution, I rate this Hitman above even Blood Money. Sunk so many hours and won't be stopping anytime soon.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the doctor with the microchip is pretty dark even for Hitman

You can dose him up and down and if you leave him depressed he jumps off the building. I think there's a challenge to stop him but I couldn't work it out.

https://streamable.com/ug30

Moff

did all the opportunities, mastery 15 so far

love that mission, easily one of the best in the whole franchise. I love how detailed and connected everything is, it feels a lot more polished than most of the others of the season. I'm glad they finished the first one with a highlight. I wonder how much work was put in every episode. all of them more or less the same? marrakesh and bangkok just feel pretty boring and empty.

I know that people demanded huge missions after the very limited settings of absolution, so I'm glad and understand why most missions in season 1 were massive, but it honestly got a bit boring fast. paris was great, sapienza even better, but marrakesh and bangkok just felt repetitive after them, Hokkaido on the other hand is such a perfect and memorable hitman level, to the point that I wish season 2 had maybe two huge missions at the most and more refined medium sized levels like hokkaido.

I feared the episodic release had shown it's downside because after marrakesh I felt kind of finished with the game and bangkok and even the pretty good colorado couldn't motivate me to play further after mastery 20, but hokkaido showed me that it was their subpar quality that was holding me back, I definitely plan to play hokkaido further than mastery 20, simply because the level is so much fun and there's so much to discover.

I also definitely like that the loadouts are limited at first, I think that's a feature I'd like to see more in season 2. I know it made sense here in this mission but I also think all missions would profit from that. but maybe it could unlock a bit earlier, say mastery 10 or 15. same goes for the opportunities, as I said several times before, I think especially in the important early exploration stage of each mission they make the game too easy. I know you can disable or ignore them, but the same could be said for the limited loadouts and I think the game definitely gets better because you are forced to interact with and explore the level a lot more.

still, despite the opportunities, I think season 1 is in many ways peak hitman, so many great features, I love that they kept the few good things from absolution, like the challenges and even improved those with the mastery system, which is just great for hitman and especially for an episodic release, it keeps players coming back which is a great thing. the other absolution feature is obviously contracts mode although I am a bit sad it's even now not yet on the level of absolution.

I also want to mention that, although I always defended the episodic release and still think it was experienced better that way, it did feel a tiny bit like early access because of all the general improvements the game received over the year.

still, easily in my top 3 of the year, maybe even the top spot. I love that franchise since codename 47 and Hitman 2016 is definitely a highligiht and highly recommendable.

I finished the mission three times

yoga / sauna & throwing heart
sniping the yakuza lawyer & electrocuting Soders
fugu poison & poisoning stem cells / deactivating the AI

I think tomorrow I will do it in SASO, as I believe it won't be especially difficult:
just the 'smoking near oil barrel' opportunity, which is easy to do and don't require disguises, and poisoning the stem cells, which can be done pretty much from the morgue area without entering the hospital itself.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I loved this episode. I went in blind, as I always do, and completed whatever two opportunities (either scripted or not) came up first to kill the two targets. I legit laughed out loud with one of the outcomes.

I'll dig in some more tomorrow, but I want to first get ready for the elusive target. I'm finally going to get my new suit! IO has said that there will be different ways to get more suits in the near future. Hopefully they are not tied to elusive targets exclusively.

did all the opportunities, mastery 15 so far

love that mission, easily one of the best in the whole franchise. I love how detailed and connected everything is, it feels a lot more polished than most of the others of the season. I'm glad they finished the first one with a highlight. I wonder how much work was put in every episode. all of them more or less the same? marrakesh and bangkok just feel pretty boring and empty.

Bangkok it least it's very good. The opposite of boring. So much fun stuff to do:

-Great writing, with a mystery in the past of the characters and lots of rich asshole people with hilarious lines
-Throwing a birthday party that ends wrong
-Making a sweet mix of a recording session
-disguising a rock star, because of course 47 is a kickass drummer!
-killing targets by shooting at coconuts
-using gas to make sleep everyone at the main hall, targets included, killing them between the mass of slept people and getting out calmly
-Having a confrontation with the rockstar past, with 47 making a cool monologue and killing him
-Hard sniping and SASO mission, unlike others
-provoking one target into killing the other one for you
-some more like poisoning, breaking ceiling fixtures, attracting targets to lone rooms, or broken vehicles

That guy sitting on the toilet in his underwear, with a bundle of clothes next to him, really makes you think it's going to be a good disguise.

Then you finally get him to look away and realize it's not even as useful as the default suit.

Randdalf

Really good level, feels almost like a throwback to older Hitman games.

I actually managed to do SASO on my 2nd run, and I actually got SA on my 1st, so perhaps the level is pretty easy. I found SASO on Bangkok torturously hard though, so deserved an easy run :D
1st:
Yoga instructor and then destroyed Soder's new heart by disgusing as the Conductor (I found his mood alteration thingy in the 2nd playthrough but didn't use it)
2nd:
picked up my scrambler from the staff room. Used the cigarettes to push the lady off her balcony, then sabotaged KAI

There's a really useful route I found for the SASO run
there's a pipe you can access from the top of the garden area, which lets you get access to the staff area, the morgue and the hospital without anyone seeing you

Thumbs up IO!

Also, power rankings:
1. Sapienza
2. Hokkaido
3. Paris
4. Bangkok
5. Marrakesh
6. Colorado

Meneses

I didn't really love any level after Sapienza but this one is pretty great.

Freaking
yoga and Steve Gaynor
, man, had me laughing out loud.

Roldan

Aaaand done. Liked the ending and the episode might be one of the best. Don't know yet, I have to replay it a few more times.

Killed Soders by throwing his transplant heart at the garbage bin. Then, got rid of Yamazaki with the poisoned sushi.

"You'll love it. It's killer." fantastic. LOL

Finished it with the
Yoga kill and by draining Soder's blood. The Yoga assassination is one of the best in the game, the way the tension in the music rises as you get closer to the edge... excellent.

Episode rankings:
Sapienza>Hokkiado>>>Colorado>Paris>>>>Marrakesh>Bangkok

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Bangkok it least it's very good. The opposite of boring. So much fun stuff to do:

-Great writing, with a mystery in the past of the characters and lots of rich asshole people with hilarious lines
-Throwing a birthday party that ends wrong
-Making a sweet mix of a recording session
-disguising a rock star, because of course 47 is a kickass drummer!
-killing targets by shooting at coconuts
-using gas to make sleep everyone at the main hall, targets included, killing them between the mass of slept people and getting out calmly
-Having a confrontation with the rockstar past, with 47 making a cool monologue and killing him
-Hard sniping and SASO mission, unlike others
-provoking one target into killing the other one for you
-some more like poisoning, breaking ceiling fixtures, attracting targets to lone rooms, or broken vehicles

Bangkok is probably one of my favorite levels, I just love the setting and all the things you listed. I didn't get to hear the monologue 47 gave, I really gotta replay it.

Jeffrey

fun mission, but man did it take me a while to figure out how to even start anything. Might be the first level in which all the opportunities are 'locked' or they don't direct you to getting a first disguise or something, which is what I usually did to get a feel of a level fresh.

I ended up
going to the neighbor, knocked out cowboy dude, laid in his bed and called his doctors. The dude doctor lingers so you have time to knock him out. Then you get way more access and I did the yoga and pilot and tell tale heart ones.

Anyone figure out how to do the cigarette one? Think you need a security disguise, but I don't recall any 'solo' security guards around.

Also spent a fair amount of time trying to find where the silicon valley dude was alone, but he always seem to be somewhere. He does linger in the bathroom for a bit, but there was some other dude there, and I forgot to grab some throwables that run lol.

ymgve

Anyone found the way to
force the doctor to kill his patient
? Or any of the [redacted] challenges in general?

fun mission, but man did it take me a while to figure out how to even start anything. Might be the first level in which all the opportunities are 'locked' or they don't direct you to getting a first disguise or something, which is what I usually did to get a feel of a level fresh.

I ended up
going to the neighbor, knocked out cowboy dude, laid in his bed and called his doctors. The dude doctor lingers so you have time to knock him out. Then you get way more access and I did the yoga and pilot and tell tale heart ones.

Anyone figure out how to do the cigarette one? Think you need a security disguise, but I don't recall any 'solo' security guards around.

Also spent a fair amount of time trying to find where the silicon valley dude was alone, but he always seem to be somewhere. He does linger in the bathroom for a bit, but there was some other dude there, and I forgot to grab some throwables that run lol.

...I was going to post what I did, but you did literally all the exact same things. I also had the same experience starting out and am trying to figure out the same things you are.

(Okay, not the
pilot
just yet.)

I guess that saves a lot of typing.

Finished it with the
Yoga kill and by draining Soder's blood. The Yoga assassination is one of the best in the game, the way the tension in the music rises as you get closer to the edge... excellent.

Episode rankings:
Sapienza>Hokkiado>>>Colorado>Paris>>>>Marrakesh>Bangkok

Yes, that assassination is amazing. Though, the audio mix is wonky in that part (and the game in general).

I couldn't hear what 47 was saying near the end and actually had to rely on the subtitles because the music picking up was so overpowering.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Exactly. The timing of it was perfect, though.

Yeah. It's just such a shame that the game considers him to be dead before he hits the ground. I wonder if there's some feedback or if he reacts if you shoot him while he's falling. Unfortunately, I don't really have the aim or patience to figure it out, but I hope someone gives it a go.

Interestingly enough, there was a reference to something like this in one of the blood money newspapers.

Wikipedia said:
In the popular game Hitman: Blood Money, after the player finishes the second last mission, Amendment XXV, there will be a news article about a man who committed suicide after failing to kill two Russian exchange students by poisoning their drinks and loading their gun with a bullet in hopes they will shoot each other during a Russian roulette. After failing to do so, he then tried to commit suicide by jumping from the 8th floor of his apartment building but got shot by said students during their Russian roulette game and subsequently died from the shot before falling towards the safety net below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Opus

Anyone found the way to
force the doctor to kill his patient
? Or any of the [redacted] challenges in general?
To do that one you have to
get the kill list from the yuki's laptop, then put it on the surgeons computer and wait for him to see it and then take the pilots disguise wait and meet the surgeon and take him to the pill stash and let him take the pills, after that he will go mad with rage

Jeffrey

So now the 'season' / game is done... is this the first hitman game with no blatant 'sexy' level?

Or at least its been a few games. Don't remember the games before blood money atm.

tfw the first seasons over and the wait for the second season begins...

236870_20161031213408ffqmd.png

Top Bottom