• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

ymgve

How? It's behind a door that requires a chip or a scrambler and there are two guards in the room.

Use a silenced gun to shoot it through the door. Even the Krugermeier works. If you don't have guns available, you can do the opportunity with the chip implant.

Radec

I'm really tempted to buy this now that Season 1 is over, how much would it cost me for the whole season1? PS4 btw.

How? It's behind a door that requires a chip or a scrambler and there are two guards in the room.

A person wearing disguise that can open it is like fifteen meters away in an area that's easy to clear out without any witnesses, and then the room itself can be cleared with a perfectly legal action that will make noone witness it.
Unless if course I missed something and you were discussion Suit-Only strategies since I just interjected myself into the last-page discussion without reading past pages, in which case - GOOD LUCK, HAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

Deadstar

Just finished one run in Japan. It's incredible. It looks like the designer of Sapienza was the level designer for this level. Those are probably my two favorite maps. That being said, I do like how they have different designers working on the different levels. I think it gives them a distinct feel. I'll have to play it more to see where I rank it but my first impression is that it's awesome.

I love all of the medical stuff and there are so many different rooms. it's a very dense map with a lot going on.

The map is very claustrophobic.

I'd say so far the order for me would be:

Sapienza
Hokkaido
Bangkok
Marrakesh
Paris
Colorado

It would be cool if they could add some light swimming mechanics in season 2. Really though I hope you can launch any map from inside one launcher, so the season 2 maps would be added right next to the others making it easy to go back and forth. I also hope they make the player contract kills mandatory instead of optional. What a fun game, I love it.

Finishing this level, and bringing this half-year journey to a close, really does feel melancholic. Not that we're actually done, but there's a real sense of closure to the level itself.

I guess we can expect season 2 to be
going after the shadow client for Providence
and season 3 to be
going after Providence for the shadow client
?

Really good level, feels almost like a throwback to older Hitman games.

I actually managed to do SASO on my 2nd run, and I actually got SA on my 1st, so perhaps the level is pretty easy. I found SASO on Bangkok torturously hard though, so deserved an easy run :D
1st:
Yoga instructor and then destroyed Soder's new heart by disgusing as the Conductor (I found his mood alteration thingy in the 2nd playthrough but didn't use it)
2nd:
picked up my scrambler from the staff room. Used the cigarettes to push the lady off her balcony, then sabotaged KAI

There's a really useful route I found for the SASO run
there's a pipe you can access from the top of the garden area, which lets you get access to the staff area, the morgue and the hospital without anyone seeing you

Okay, you also had the same first run as me and Jeffery. This is turning into a trend.

Also, I found that route after
climbing all the way up from below
, thinking it was going to lead somewhere good. I was very confused when I ended up where I'd already been.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, just did my first run on Hokkaido. Was very interesting! I like how it's a complete contrast to the previous Colorado level where there are weapons everywhere, it's big and open, and everything is hostile. Here's it's very civilian-heavy, small maze corridors and hardly any weapons around.

Like in my first run I couldn't find any weapons or even anything to throw at anyone besides a hammer and a pistol I took off the guard. Ended up just hiding somewhere in the snow field and popping off the lawyer woman and then making a run for the helicopter.

Not having access to coins definitely changes up the beginning. Took me some time wandering around exploring before finding a single way to get a new costume. The level seems fairly complex and that it'll be a lot of fun in playthroughs, escalations, custom contracts.

Definitely feel the only weak spot of S1 was Bangkok, otherwise each location had a very unique feel to it. Maybe the bonus stage Bangkok will be a lot better.

Deadstar

Yeah, just did my first run on Hokkaido. Was very interesting! I like how it's a complete contrast to the previous Colorado level where there are weapons everywhere, it's big and open, and everything is hostile. Here's it's very civilian-heavy, small maze corridors and hardly any weapons around.

Like in my first run I couldn't find any weapons or even anything to throw at anyone besides a hammer and a pistol I took off the guard. Ended up just hiding somewhere in the snow field and popping off the lawyer woman and then making a run for the helicopter.

Not having access to coins definitely changes up the beginning. Took me some time wandering around exploring before finding a single way to get a new costume. The level seems fairly complex and that it'll be a lot of fun in playthroughs, escalations, custom contracts.

Really? I loved the music stuff in Bangkok, it was amazing. The lawyer stuff with 47 pretending to be hotel staff was really funny as well. I much prefer Bangkok over Paris which I feel was more boring than Bangkok. Paris is fun because of Helmut and some other stuff there but I just felt like Bangkok was more exciting.
Definitely feel the only weak spot of S1 was Bangkok, otherwise each location had a very unique feel to it. Maybe the bonus stage Bangkok will be a lot better.

justjim89

Nope. It's still impossible with my current loadout.
I brought the ninja stars with me. No silenced gun, no scrambler. So to get the door to the heart open, I need to drag the mortician's body near the door. Near enough that either of the two guards in the room will see it when they move to investigate a thrown object so I can knock them out. No way I can clear the room stealthily with what I brought.
Damn.

KingKong

I thought Bangkok was just poorly used, you have this huge hotel with tons of rooms but almost nothing to do in them because one target wanders around up front and the other up top in a few rooms (unless you disrupt their routines with challenges)

KingKong

I brought the ninja stars with me. No silenced gun, no scrambler. So to get the door to the heart open, I need to drag the mortician's body near the door. Near enough that either of the two guards in the room will see it when they move to investigate a thrown object so I can knock them out. No way I can clear the room stealthily with what I brought.
Damn.

Look in the staff rooms nearby for an item that makes this super easy. Watch out how and when you use it though or you wind up with a death

Damn.
Yeah it's tough without a pistol, it's possible with that special item everyone keeps mentioning, but that would involve dragging a guy a long way, so not sure if it's worth it instead of just replaning with a pistol.

Wait where do you get ninja stars and katana? Are those unlockables from lvling up?

Ninja stars are an unlockable for a certain mastery lvl, I think 6 or 8. You get the katana automatically when you unlock the ninja starting point in the lvl, but you can also find it in the level even without that starting point.
It's in Yuki's room

I thought Bangkok was just poorly used, you have this huge hotel with tons of rooms but almost nothing to do in them because one target wanders around up front and the other up top in a few rooms (unless you disrupt their routines with challenges)

In those terms... Colorado is the level that's used the "most" because the targets actually have huge cycles all over the map. And Sapienza is used the "least" because each target is limited to literally two or three "rooms" unless you interfere.

And now we have Hokkaido, where one target is literally
immobile

Paris and Sapienza were memorable for all the surprising places that you could get the targets to move to once you get going with the challenges, and Bangkok is really the same idea. I would say Marrakesh was the worst used because the targets can never move to any actually interesting places (bonus episode aside).

Jeffrey

I really hope season 2 is more than just a lvl pack.

Give 47 some new moves, maybe rebalance some of his animations.

Improve the NPC AI etc.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Bangkok largely suffers from half the map basically being unused and there being a handful of interesting ways to off the lawyer.

I still just really hope they can make good use of the space with elusive targets, etc

By the way, since you won't be doing a lot of it in Hokkaido, try to make some time to use a pistol.

It feels like aiming has been hugely improved in this latest patch.

Damn.
There's a pipe by the helipad that takes you down to one of the staff sleeping quarters that contains the Curator's mood thing. You can use it to get in the heart room as well as remove the soldiers from it.

Deadstar

I really hope season 2 is more than just a lvl pack.

Give 47 some new moves, maybe rebalance some of his animations.

Improve the NPC AI etc.

I'd love to see this. Improved graphics if possible too. I'd like the ability to dual wield the silver ballers just for fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hokkaido seems fantastic so far. Really like the level gimmick with the door entries, the loadout lockout is actually pretty refreshing too.

Randdalf

I'd love to see this. Improved graphics if possible too. I'd like the ability to dual wield the silver ballers just for fun.

Improved graphics? I thought this game looked really good already.

In terms of new features I'd like to see, it's mainly more NPC interactions.
- A Phantom Pain style threat menu would be really cool.
- Human shields.
- Capturing NPCs and walking them through a level at gunpoint.

A greater variety in gadgets would be cool too but I'm not sure where else they can go. Zip wires? Grappling hooks? More mobility options would be a good thing I think.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't quite get the AI lock stuff. At first it seemed like it could tell who you were "Tobias Reaper" and open doors meant for you, but then you put on someone else's clothes like a guard and all the doors open for you. I guess I just don't see the added challenge? I thought it had like facial recognition or something but then that wouldn't make sense because you'd never get any of the doors to open and the game wouldn't work.

Improved graphics? I thought this game looked really good already.

Yeah, the game looks stellar, especially with all the NPCs.

Aangster

I'm liking some of the undocumented changes. In Sapienza, the opportunity involving kitchen assistant Rocco would always start with his sister yelling at him along the lines of: "Rocco....your going to be late". That would always occur whenever you walked past and of course, it became incredibly repetitive after multiple playthroughs. Now, the initiating dialogue's been changed to variations of her telling him to hurry up, with more alternating dialogue in response to his unwillingness to leave the apartment.

Maiorum

I don't quite get the AI lock stuff. At first it seemed like it could tell who you were "Tobias Reaper" and open doors meant for you, but then you put on someone else's clothes like a guard and all the doors open for you. I guess I just don't see the added challenge? I thought it had like facial recognition or something but then that wouldn't make sense because you'd never get any of the doors to open and the game wouldn't work.

The doors have sensors which detect RFID chips in clothes. The director disguise is a good one to get if you want near unrestricted access- it opens all the doors except the operation theater itself and a couple of other doors in the hospital area.

Anyone figure out how to electrocute Soders? I tried amping up the defib, but the AI restores it to normal. I tried turning off life support and then quickly overcharging the defib before the AI shocked Soders, but that didn't seem to work either.

The doors have sensors which detect RFID chips in clothes. The director disguise is a good one to get if you want near unrestricted access- it opens all the doors except the operation theater itself and a couple of other doors in the hospital area.

Anyone figure out how to electrocute Soders? I tried amping up the defib, but the AI restores it to normal. I tried turning off life support and then quickly overcharging the defib before the AI shocked Soders, but that didn't seem to work either.

Amp the defib one second before he is going to be revived, AI won't have time to make the readjustment.

Is the pallet standing in the way of the crowbar in the chopper pilot's room intentional or a bug? I can't get any angle where I can pick up the crowbar!

It is supposed to be a bit hidden, but I made it a bit easier to pickup. Will probably be in the game in a patch later this year.

Ludens

Banned
How can I clean up the yoga room?
I can't enter it, changing dress doesn't work (tried yoga trainer and the employee).
Nevermind, used director's suit.

Diancecht

Oh my god this level is epic. So many amazing kill opportunities, especially for the dude. I think I can safely say this:

Hokkaido > Sapienza > Colorado > Paris > Bangkok > Marakesh

How can I clean up the yoga room?
I can't enter it, changing dress doesn't work (tried yoga trainer and the employee).
Nevermind, used director's suit.

There isn't a proper yoga room, the yoga exercises are done in the spa area, outdoors. To clean it,
use Instinct mode to notice the water is coming from another room.

Joeku

It is supposed to be a bit hidden, but I made it a bit easier to pickup. Will probably be in the game in a patch later this year.

For what it's worth the original worked for me. On my first run I missed it and never got to open any cabinets throughout the facility, but on my second run I saw it behind the pallet and was able to grab it and pick up wrenches and whatnot that gave me more opportunities later on!

At the same time, it's great that you are able to get this kind of feedback and make these changes. Thanks for the great game! <3

Forkball

Here's my first run though.

It was very sloppy but I got the job done. I killed the two bodyguards near the cable car for my first disguise, which allows you enter a lot of areas. I tried to kill Yamazaki first, but I couldn't figure out the best method. I even got the fugu poison but wasn't sure how to poison her with it. I eventually found myself in the hospital area, but you needed a surgeon outfit to get near Soders. I just straight up punched one that was going in and out of this small area and stole his disguise to get to the surgery area. When the chief surgeon started the operation, I tried to choke him out. However, since he was elevated, it did the stair knockout animation and the other doctors saw me. I quickly knocked them out and went back to kill Soders via surgery.

The chief surgeon actually gets you into a lot of places, and you can freely roam around the resort area with minimal suspicion. I still couldn't figure out how to kill the lawyer, but I found her near the saunas with only one bodyguard. I decided to just deck both of them. Another guy ran in and I quickly disposed of him via scissors. Yamazaki was knocked out, so I finished the job with the pistol and escaped via cable car.

I think it's a fascinating level and I can't wait to explore more of it. The were so many disguises and story threads that I'm wondering about, it seems like the elimination methods are incredibly diverse. I do wonder about
the heart. I got into the room and tampered with the machine, but I didn't get any alert saying I achieved something. Am I supposed to do something more with it?
Beyond that, Hokkaido looks like it's going to be an outstanding contracts map with the variety of uniforms and areas.

Ludens

Banned
Dunno, Hokkaido felt very short. With a couple of hours I did all opportunities, SA/SO run and I'm now mastery level 13.

Foffy

Banned
Dunno, Hokkaido felt very short. With a couple of hours I did all opportunities, SA/SO run and I'm now mastery level 13.

I think the challenge is navigating the level fresh, with no tools to help you.

As you unlock more, it naturally becomes easier to navigate and "open" the level.

I think most players will finish the level faster and faster after their first run for this specific reason.

Ludens

Banned
I think the challenge is navigating the level fresh, with no tools to help you.

As you unlock more, it naturally becomes easier to navigate and "open" the level.

I think most players will finish the level faster and faster after their first run for this specific reason.

I did all the opportunities without using tools or weapons, starting from the same starting point every time. I don't think it's a big challenge honestly, it feels very easy if you simply follow opportunities.

Dalibor68

Banned
Has anyone done Sniper Assassin on Hokkaido yet? One target is no problem but the other doesn't move at all.
I saw a video where a guy splashes the heart and then goes on top of the mountain to snipe the lawyer and it somehow counts as sniper assassin, but thats cheap and I want to snipe them both

Foffy

Banned
Has anyone done Sniper Assassin on Hokkaido yet? One target is no problem but the other doesn't move at all.
I saw a video where a guy splashes the heart and then goes on top of the mountain to snipe the lawyer and it somehow counts as sniper assassin, but thats cheap and I want to snipe them both

I'm sure any direct bullet fired at Soders would have you in a position to be immediately outed.

IO have really made this episodic structure work for them. HiTMAN has been on my radar for the last 8 months, knowing that there was another map just on the horizon.

I'm feeling a bit bummed out now that the season has come to an end. Bring on season 2! I wonder what the turnaround will be on a second season.

tchocky

Yeah the description says you only have to snipe the woman.

Foffy

Banned
The Controller trailer.

Do we think there'll be more PS4 exclusive contracts in S2?

I hope not. I don't think it's fair one platform gets a side arc of missions all to itself, even if a good deal of the missions have been kinda booty.

I say this as someone who has the PS4 version, too. Offer it for all, I say.

I would double dip if these came to PC, IO. 60fps + all content for the game = y e s. Just saying...

My best score, SASO run, it served to push me from level 17 to level 20.

mH46h9l.png

Do you have ingame help for opportunities activated? Turn it off.

Now do the challenges. Actually the best it's to try to do multiple challenges and opportunities in each run. For example doing the sauna challenge just before doing the Yoga opportunity, or doing the the explosive gas lamp challenge just before doing the 'smoke kills you' challenge.

Also, my first run is usually two hours, where I play very slowly, exploring everything, determining what areas allow what disguises, hearing all the npc talk, etc.

Dalibor68

Banned
Oh my god this level is epic. So many amazing kill opportunities, especially for the dude. I think I can safely say this:

Hokkaido > Sapienza > Colorado > Paris > Bangkok > Marakesh

For me:

Sapienza > Hokkaido > Paris > Marrakesh > Colorado > Bangkok

I agree that the kill opportunities in Hokkaido are amazing.

Joeku

Spoilers for this Elusive:
I started as the guard and both targets are RIGHT THERE. I quit after almost getting shot for bumping a guard, but I assume starting with a duck or proximity mine there could end this in a matter of seconds.

For me:

Sapienza > Hokkaido > Paris > Marrakesh > Colorado > Bangkok

I agree that the kill opportunities in Hokkaido are amazing.

Same list for me, but move Marrakesh to the bottom. Too broad and it takes too long to get anywhere. Dat crowd tech, tho.

And yeah, my first time through on Hokkaido, I stumbled into the yoga thing. That slow creep was amazing.

Top Bottom