• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MaKTaiL

I predict people getting pissed because of the "one try only" thing :p

The exclusive items unlock every 5 elusive targets killed I think. So if you don't get this one you will be able to get the next and so on. I read that somewhere. They will keep putting an Elusive Targets every week forever since people who get the full game next year must play this too. By the time we get all episodes we will have 7 elusive targets every week to play with.

MUnited83

For you.
The exclusive items unlock every 5 elusive targets killed I think. So if you don't get this one you will be able to get the next and so on. I read that somewhere. They will keep putting an Elusive Targets every week forever since people who get the full game next year must play this too. By the time we get all episodes we will have 7 elusive targets every week to play with.

Yeah, if it's by number of elusive targets completed that seems fine.

I think I have found a secret costume but I don't know what to do with it.

What should I do with that
magician vampire
costume ?

Just got done with the last difficulty of the Snorrason Ascension Escalation Mission.

Man, this game mode is so much fun. The
"all bodies have to be hidden in 90 seconds"
requirement in level 4 and 5 forced me to rethink my whole strategy.

I was just hiding the bodies anyway since there are such perfectly positioned hiding places in that level. And then I discovered you can hide two bodies in one bin, which was great.

The process of slowly refining your approach over multiple iterations, improving your efficiency second by second, is so satisfying. I just wish you could go back to earlier escalation levels to improve your time without totally resetting.

I think I have found a secret costume but I don't know what to do with it.

What should I do with that
magician vampire
costume ?

Mostly people have been working it into contracts as a disguise requirement, I think.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Just got done with the last difficulty of the Snorrason Ascension Escalation Mission.

Man, this game mode is so much fun. The
"all bodies have to be hidden in 90 seconds"
requirement in level 4 and 5 forced me to rethink my whole strategy.

Really liked the escalation mode. getting the mechanic uniform without knocking anyone else out was a pain but I got the two hits in specific uniforms down

https://streamable.com/ludu

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
What? But the game tells you to knock someone out with the piano, and the game gives you the option..

Hmm. Perhaps it was something different then. Positive piano came up though. I wish there was a list online to check, I'm playing atm.

My bad if incorrect.

MayMay

Banned
Hmm.. I finished all levels in the Escalation mission but the challenge to do so is not marked as done. That sucks.. guess that's a bug.

Edit: Yup, bug :L I did the last level again and now the challenge completed properly.

I was just hiding the bodies anyway since there are such perfectly positioned hiding places in that level. And then I discovered you can hide two bodies in one bin, which was great.

The process of slowly refining your approach over multiple iterations, improving your efficiency second by second, is so satisfying. I just wish you could go back to earlier escalation levels to improve your time without totally resetting.

Yup, so good.

Really liked the escalation mode. getting the mechanic uniform without knocking anyone else out was a pain but I got the two hits in specific uniforms down

Oh wow, that is super efficient. Nicely done

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Could I have a hint for where the
laptop dongle is
? Just floor number or something would be fine. I'm totally lost on it.

Bauer24

Is there an incentive other than just a simple level up when mastering challenges, assassinations and feats

I was hoping you'd get unlockable costumes,weapons Tec.

Is there an incentive other than just a simple level up when mastering challenges, assassinations and feats

I was hoping you'd get unlockable costumes,weapons Tec.

Yeah every mastery level you gain in non-tutorial levels (so just Paris at this point) gets you new weapons, weapon drop points and start points with a relevant outfit, and you select all this in the "planning" section before you start a mission. All the mastery bonuses are level specific

edit: maybe they're not level specific since you can't bring anything into the tutorial levels anyways so who knows if any of them will carry over into future missions.

vpance

Paris level is amazing, it feels so alive.

Trying for SA ranking but it seems if you kill Margolis first then the runway show doesn't trigger anymore. Meh.

Did it ever boot before, or are you trying to launch for the first time?

Garden in the back with a helicopter.

Launching it for the first time. It shows the game options for a split second and then the window goes away. After re installing it and verifying cache I might just get a steam refund and pick it up later.

Boke1879

Damn so this game is pretty good huh? I was thinking of waiting for the full release but should I throw down the money now?

Look in the Contracts tab. It is right past the Elusive Target option.

Assuming you have the PS4 version. Otherwise you don't get it.
Just to add to that, it's not set in Sarajevo. The Sarajevo Six are six people who did something in Sarajevo which resulted in them all being marked for death.

There'll be one of them as a target in each of the first six locations released for Hitman, so at the moment there's only the Paris target available ("The Director"). Basically it means one extra target per location for the PS4 version.

Here's the trailer for the Sarajevo Six:
http://youtu.be/Z-__sPpbh10

Foffy

Banned
Is anyone losing faith and enjoyment in the game with the constant server disconnects?

I've had five today, in the span of six hours...it is making the game literally trial and error to actually fucking play.

Is anyone losing faith and enjoyment in the game with the constant server disconnects?

I've had five today, in the span of six hours...it is making the game literally trial and error to actually fucking play.

I count myself lucky that I haven't had these problems, but I would also say that if that's been your experience, I would maybe give it a few days for the issues to iron out; I can't imagine they aren't aware of the server problems...

Thankfully haven't had a single disconnect/server issue thus far, but the frequency and the amount of people having these issues should have IO fully aware of how problematic the way the online aspect of the game is setup.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I've only had a single disconnect doing a contract so far, it's really weird how hit and miss this stuff seems with people.

They really need to get it in order for everyone though. At the very least an autosave the moment it happens.

Karak

None. Yes I would if it happened a ton. But luckily I have had no issues whatsoever nor has our lan group. Which so far about I think 60-70 folks.

Back on track for a second. I got to say. My time with this just continues to get better and better. I don't know what it is about Paris but the level the challanges and the contracts have kept me coming back like to other title whatsoever.
I've only had a single disconnect doing a contract so far, it's really weird how hit and miss this stuff seems with people.

They really need to get it in order for everyone though. At the very least an autosave the moment it happens.

Its also not always the issue on their end. I mean there are a lot of jumps between a person and the company when it comes to IP path. Last night I couldn't get to CNN. Wasn't CNN causing the issue lol

MUnited83

For you.

What platform? I've seen a lot of people having constant issues on PS4, but on PC aside from the few hours after launch it seems mostly fine.

Foffy

Banned

Funnily enough, it's only during the main mission when I'm experimenting. Of course, this is because I am not speedrunning, worried about the constant "kick you off your seat" problem of disconnects. It feels somewhat saddening to know I am trying to play the game fast not for skill, but fear of being booted. The Featured Contracts are all quite short, so I've not had this issue, nor with the Prologue missions, which can take five minutes when I'm taking my time. If I'm trying to play the level in a "work with what you discover, not what you know" way of progression, I am more concerned of losing progress than even being seen. Even the load times, which are balls awful, aren't a problem to me when compared to that.

What platform? I've seen a lot of people having constant issues on PS4, but on PC aside from the few hours after launch it seems mostly fine.

PS4. I was a sucker for the Sarajevo Six, back when I thought the game would launch with more than one mission for Paris. I would have gotten it on PC, but if I did I'd essentially need a new GPU. If I had the same problems there as I do here, I think I may lose control of the left side of my body. I know retrospect is usually highlights, but I've had more disconnects from this single player game than I did with GTA Online at launch. I find that awfully telling.

Basketball

Just went through systematically killing (after getting a good rating)

every npc in the paris level except one Security guard.

Man the AI is hilarious and O my god the body bags.

Even as I was finishing that level, I was thinking about the possibility of pulling that off. It just took so long to reach the mechanic disguise the first time. But now that I know the route...

(But I also had the timer bug give me 210000 points for that level so I'm in no hurry to redo it)

tanuki

I like how the soundtrack adapts to your situation, very cool. Especially the music that starts playing and building up when you've finished the mission and walk to the exit like a boss.

Top Bottom