• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

GeeTeeCee

Oh, and while it's a minor addition, I greatly appreciate the addition of the North indicator on the minimap - even if by this point I mostly know the maps well enough to avoid getting lost.

Jintor

My first run I bailed on, I hit the top a staircase and immediately hit combat without a "you cannot enter" warning. I was lucky to be quick to pause and quit before I died. That's why a diegetic warning pulling directly from the map design would help if the animation system can't keep up.

agreed - i want something even if you have the UI disabled too since NPC reactions can be insufficient and kind of hair-trigger

One thing that season two should have is some kind of new live content format. Escalations have turned out way less approachable than intended, mostly because of the repetition (which I like, but it's definitely not everybody's cup of tea), and you can't have elusives all the time.

Other games are starting to make use of daily randomly generated missions, and that's something that could totally work here. Generate a new "hit of the day" in a random level every 24 hours, with random weapon and disguise conditions. To make it interesting, throw in some of the simpler restrictions or fail conditions like you already have in escalations.

These wouldn't have to be easy, or even fair. It would probably be more memorable if a completely impossible one got generated and people cracked it anyway before the day was up.

IO should get around to integrating Hitman Roulette into the game.

DrSlek

Managed to Silent Assassin, Suit Only Hokkaido last night. Was fairly simple once I knew my way around. The hardest part was disposing of the many bodies around one of the targets.

Edit: oh, and I should mentioned it was all done without the door scrambler. This was before level 20 mastery and for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to bring a gun instead as my smuggled item. But I never used it.

What part is stopping you? There's a way of getting the target by himself, and you can actually do the second part of the objective suit only.

Hey Foffy, I beat it last night. I was having issues getting spotted getting the Directors costume or getting into his office but I pulled it off. The final encounter with the last target was something else.

AHA-Lambda

Question on episode 6

why isn't the doctor killing soders? I loaded up the kill list, and he had a conversation to himself before saying he had to be professional

Now nothing has happened?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing to see here

RmQCrT9l.jpg

cleared out both rooms and ended up getting spotted by the target himself before I punched him so no SA but I feel it was a moral victory.

Foffy

Banned
Hey Foffy, I beat it last night. I was having issues getting spotted getting the Directors costume or getting into his office but I pulled it off. The final encounter with the last target was something else.

Cool beans. :)

I was able to the whole mission suit only.
Take the shortcut from the spa to the ground floor, go inside past the guard and the morgue doctor to get the wrench, head back out and use the item that unlocks the RFID door on the outside, go in, upstairs, and just time getting to the laptop when the patrolling guard is near his friend.

The second objective is really the only hard part of the mission. Do that and the first objective should be easy, as the way to line that up can quickly be done from finishing the second objective.

Hybris

Decided to do my SASO run before getting 20 mastery since I throught up a smooth strategy.

Started in the spa, smuggled disposable scrambler into the staff wardrobe. Ran outside down the cliff, climbed the pipe and increased the temperature of the sauna.

While waiting for Yuki to get to the sauna, I returned through the door and ran down the hallway to get downstairs to the morgue. From there, went to the crew quarters and grabbed the disposable scrambler. Used one scrambler to get the nanochip medicine. Used the medicine to get to the heart and destroy it, 1 down!

Returned to the sauna maintenance room just in time for Yuki, barred the door, 2 down! Ran outside down the snowy cliff and exited via the snowmobile. Super smooth, no cameras to worry about and no need for high mastery to bring equipment.

Xenoboy

I just finished my first run through Bangkok and I liked it very much, but it's irritating that I never found a keycard for the different rooms. That'll probably come into play in replays.

I managed to kill the lawyer by an explosion through Tuk tuk and the rock star by him panicking over that recording and shooting him after.
I liked it more than Paris.

Deadstar

I just finished my first run through Bangkok and I liked it very much, but it's irritating that I never found a keycard for the different rooms. That'll probably come into play in replays.

I managed to kill the lawyer by an explosion through Tuk tuk and the rock star by him panicking over that recording and shooting him after.

Use a breaching charge.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Holy shit I can't believe I got away with that Elusive Target lol

Messy as hell. Ended up knocking out the wife with a hammer, got found, shot her while I was under fire and escaped via the drain pipe. Came back around, knocked out acouple guards and got their disguise. Bodies were found but not compromised. Main target came around to his safe room, threw a screwdriver at his head through the doorway and ran away.

justjim89

The cutscenes in this game are fucking great. Great-looking, well-acted, and well-animated. Diana's face in the last scene is really well done, especially her little expressions. As far as the story itself, though, I would have liked if they left us with more of a stinger or something with
47 and the Shadow Client
. I really thought the trailer scene of 47 running in the snow would appear at some point in this episode.

That being said, season two will be really cool if it features
more cat and mouse stuff with the shadow client. The finale of next season can be the two of you hunting each other throughout some sprawling cityscape.

The cutscenes in this game are fucking great. Great-looking, well-acted, and well-animated. Diana's face in the last scene is really well done, especially her little expressions. As far as the story itself, though, I would have liked if they left us with more of a stinger or something with
47 and the Shadow Client
. I really thought the trailer scene of 47 running in the snow would appear at some point in this episode.

That being said, season two will be really cool if it features
more cat and mouse stuff with the shadow client. The finale of next season can be the two of you hunting each other throughout some sprawling cityscape.

I'd love to have a mission where I'm being the one hunted, and having to outsmart the other assassin.

Arkanius

SASO is incredibly easy in Hokkaido:

Start at the mountain. Bring any silenced handgun. Go down the mountain, and follow the trail until you can climb the pipe inside the hospital. Go down to the basement. Shoot the heart through the glass.

Go back, go enter the spa through the same corridor you entered before. Turn the heat up. Wait for the Yakuza girl. Close her in.

Leave and win

Maiorum

Keycard tip-
There's a master keycard in the laundry room in the basement.

Murkas

Got SA for the current ET.

Waiter disguise, 2 propane tanks, 2 breaching charges, 2 chain accident explosion kills. Didn't mean to chain explosion the Dictator but he wouldn't go to that room by himself make that phone call.

justjim89

I kinda can't imagine playing Hokkaido without full opportunities turned on. The layout can be really confusing and finding the specific places for opportunity triggers seems liek it would be impossible on the first few runs.

I turned off all opportunities, and I did feel like I was stuck in a maze for quite a while. I saw only one way to infiltrate, and found no opportunities until I went and used it.

At the same time, I can't imagine doing this level in any way other than getting lost. As with Sapienza (and once you got into the restricted areas), there was always something to find around the next corner that pointed the way forward.

Being stuck as a patient in a luxury spa with a breathtaking view is the challenge you have to overcome to get to that point... which is not the worst thing in the world.

All of that is fine, but the issue I was rambling about is what surfaced with The Ex-Dictator. Trying to get to 47's suit can have you considered hostile, and no AI warns you to stop, even if they're right in front of you.

I'm sure this may be a limitation or oversight on the developer, but most guards do warn you if you're about to walk into a place you shouldn't. The fact an ET fails fails to do this is striking.

Okay, yeah, I couldn't comment on that because I had only checked out the mission using hotel disguises. And even then I edged forward past the bodyguards very slowly and carefully.

Level 20 completed on Hokkaido

It only took two days.

Fuck, this game is fun.

I beat the Elusive too, btw guys, I got the 13 targets completed suit with gloves...so I guess you just have to get lucky.

Guess I'll enjoy the live content from here on out.

Still need to get Silent Assassin on Bangkok, Colorado, and Hokkaido though.

swarley64

Just played through Hokkaido, it seems like a really great level... Now that the season's complete, did they maybe add a platinum trophy to the PS4 version? I would totally double-dip on PS4 if I could get a platinum. I love this damn game.

Arkanius

There is something in the color grading for the Hokkaid level that gets me completely hooked.
It's possibly the most aesthetically pleasing mission. And the architecture of the hospital.
Pure sex.

Too bad we will never get Elusive targets in here. Can't wait for some escalations.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
There is something in the color grading for the Hokkaid level that gets me completely hooked.
It's possibly the most aesthetically pleasing mission. And the architecture of the hospital.
Pure sex.

Too bad we will never get Elusive targets in here. Can't wait for some escalations.

Why not? I had assumed that since they've only done like 2 ETs on Marrakesh, 1 on Bangkok, and none on Colorado they were going to keep rolling them out for the forseeable future. Is this the end of Elusive Targets?

Why not? I had assumed that since they've only done like 2 ETs on Marrakesh, 1 on Bangkok, and none on Colorado they were going to keep rolling them out for the forseeable future. Is this the end of Elusive Targets?

We're not finished with elusive targets. Some are scheduled for after the disc release next year.

There is an update coming very soon this month that will add even more unlocks for elusive targets.

ymgve

What locations do people want to see? The obvious choices are:

Sweden
Australia
Mexico
Russia
Zimbabwe
Spain

Also, for season 2, please no exclusive ps4 content. That was absolutely disgusting. As someone who enjoys Hitman I hate that I'm missing out on content made for the game. At least let me pay $49 to play the exclusive missions!

Svalbard Global Seed Vault (Which in-game can be cover for some Providence stuff)

It even looks like a Hitman location

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I completely lucked out on Hokkaido. First time I booted it up I noticed the prompt to vault the railing in your starting room and just stumbled on
dressing up as the guy in the room next door and then luring in and knocking out a doctor
and I had the doctor uniform and access to 90% of the level in like 4 minutes

megalowho

Yeah, Hokkaido is a really cool map. Dense and intriguing with a great look and entertaining opportunities. Some funny stuff buried in there as usual, ambient dialogue is still the best.

Hell of a game now that it's complete, did not expect to get way into Hitman in 2016. Been playing for months and can see myself coming back for months still.

My episode ranking is probably Sapienza > Hokkaido > Paris > Colorado > Marrakesh > Bangkok

But even Bangkok is fun, just a little redundant. Could see Hokkaido overtaking Sapienza if it holds up well over time.

TheKeyPit

Banned
What are the mastery unlocks for ep6? If there is no briefcase, the promotion pictures with 47 carrying a gun and a briefcase are misleading.

Did the ET with the
explosive cell phone. Started in my hotel suite. Walked out of my suite. Went down one flight of stairs. Dropped the phone quietly in the lounge. The walked in moments later. Called the phone. The lady picked it up. Boom killed both in one. Strolled out calmly.

Clauss

Did the ET with the
explosive cell phone. Started in my hotel suite. Walked out of my suite. Went down one flight of stairs. Dropped the phone quietly in the lounge. The walked in moments later. Called the phone. The lady picked it up. Boom killed both in one. Strolled out calmly.

thanks!

Jeffrey

seems like everyone here starts the hokkaido mission the same way.

Anybody find any other options to getting a disguise besides the
neighbor route?
from the starting location?

Maiorum

What's the safety thingy in the top floor for? You can tamper with the defib and electrocute Soders without disabling it, so it must have some other purpose, right?

Clauss

What's the safety thingy in the top floor for? You can tamper with the defib and electrocute Soders without disabling it, so it must have some other purpose, right?

I think you have to
override the mainframe as the Director
first

Got Silent Assassin for The Ex-Dictator in 4 minutes.

Fire extinguisher under the restaurant table (shot from the balcony where no one could see, making sure the waiter taking orders has moved away), then escape by tuk-tuk.

Jintor

lmao i triggered a toilet and the guard got pissed at me while standing in the doorway so there was literally no way I could leave

DrSlek

Did the ET with the

I managed to
catch them both sitting in the restaurant. I threw in the explosive phone and called it. A bodyguard picked it up and answered it right next to them.
Easy money.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Did the ET with the

Same here, more or less. I managed to
get the dude alone in the room adjacent to the restaurant, while talking on the phone. Broke his neck and hid his body between the couch and the table. Then waited until the lady went away, placed the phone on her table. Called her, she answered, boom. Sadly I killed one of their bodyguards, but, oh well.

Top Bottom