• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Hey weaklings why don't you go ahead and do some pushups.

Thanks.

haha, awesome hint.

Already found this one, finally found an easter egg by myself (by accident, lol).
Guys, do the Mr. Portman opportunity, as soon as you arrive at the surgeon the guard in the room will go to room next door to do push ups with another guard.
Get a guard disguise and join them! Awesome easter egg.

MUnited83

For you.
haha, awesome hint.

Already found this one, finally found an easter egg by myself (by accident, lol).
Guys, do the Mr. Portman opportunity, as soon as you arrive at the surgeon the guard in the room will go to room next door to do push ups with another guard.
Get a guard disguise and join them! Awesome easter egg.

Seemingly,
that's only the first step.

DrSlek

Barely beat the ET.
I phone bombed the dictator, but his wife survived. During the panic, I tried to kill her with the duck but I missed. I got the waiter disguise and the screwdriver in the basement area. The wife cycles around the lounge and the bar, but there are so many people there that it's impossible to lure her out. I ended up taking out two guards on the balcony by tossing a screwdriver to lure them out to an empty room where I disposed of both of them. From the small balcony, you can target her with the screwdriver and kill her. There's a pipe right next to the balcony, so I managed to escape in time without getting involved in a firefight.

I also did SASO in Hokkaido with a really easy method.
Get to the snowy garden area, and in the back on the left there is a pipe you can slide down. Go all the way down and enter a room to get the neuro transmitter. Exit the room, and find your way to the morgue (it's pretty close). Get near the motorcyclist and activate the transmitter. One of the doctors will freak out. Hide near the incinerator, and watch as the doctor dismisses the two guards in the heart area. Sneak in before the door closes, take out the doctor, then throw away the heart. Go into the hospital a bit, and go down the long corridor. You will find a door that says "Maintenance Room" that leads to the sauna. Turn up the heat, and eventually Yuki will go in after the two guys leave. After she dismisses her guard, go up to the sauna door, hold Y, and it will activate a cutscene where she dies from the heat.

I'm about 17-18 with the Hokkaido mastery. I've done pretty much all the unique kills with them, so I need to dig deeper with those challenges.

I took the opportunity with my Hokkaido SASO to do the One last time, Mr. Soders challenge. Much, much harder but very satisfying.
I also managed to complete the Silent Ninja challenge last night too. I'm starting to run out of challenges.

God damn it. I was so close. Got her into the room alone. But I just had to try to be fancy and throw her off the balcony. Some guard spotted me doing so and now I'm trying to vault over the balcony before the bullets kill me. I don't think I'm gonna make it.

I didn't make it.

Jeffrey

Still wish there is an tactical vest or something to give 47 more hp so you can have a meaningful shootout if you want to go that option.

Arkanius

Doing level 20 in Bangkok and Colorade since its the only two that are missing.
Jesus christ, I really can't get myself into Bangkok. I hate the left side of the map since it's completely closed AND full of people. It's a mess to try to get Silent Assassin here.

Man, once you sabotage the surgery the chief surgeon just goes into the observation theater and mopes. This game is great when the NPCs play out appropriate roles after key events.

Edit: And then
the director arrives and you can follow him into his office... If you can somehow get rid of all the guards standing right outside.

Edit: Oh my god, the
baseball uniform in his office. And baseball bat.

Jesus christ, I really can't get myself into Bangkok. I hate the left side of the map since it's completely closed AND full of people. It's a mess to try to get Silent Assassin here.

There's always a sneaking route.

From your suite, cross the atrium roof diagonally, sneak into the suite with the shisha pipe and go behind the chair, go out on the balcony, and climb up. You can't access the whole Emperor Suite from here, but you don't have to go far for Silent Assassin.

Demoskinos

Well, I got the elusive target. Was about a messy of an affair as you could have asked for but somehow I survived and did the deed. =3

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking fucking fuck

The only way I can find to do the Coconut Challenge on Bangkok seems to be
gassing the atrium, but the whole thing is such a goddamn swarm of guards I need to kill them all before I can drag the bodies beneath the trees and its fucking impossible

seems like everyone here starts the hokkaido mission the same way.

Anybody find any other options to getting a disguise besides the
neighbor route?
from the starting location?

I finally found one.

Where Jason Portman is coming up the stairs as the mission starts, as he arrives at the top of the stairs you can follow a guard into the security room.

Fucking fucking fuck

The only way I can find to do the Coconut Challenge on Bangkok seems to be
gassing the atrium, but the whole thing is such a goddamn swarm of guards I need to kill them all before I can drag the bodies beneath the trees and its fucking impossible

You don't need to do any of that.

For Cross,
he walks under some coconuts as he goes to sit down.

For Morgan,
emetic poison him in the restaurant.

Tbh, I found it much harder to silent assassin Morgan then the rockstar in my run.

Then I found out that accidents don't count for the body found requirement after I finished it...

fml

ORLY? I will have to jot this down in my mental notes....

Same for poison kills. This actually makes Morgan the easiest target in the entire game.

Start at the default position with poison, poison the correct dish at the restaurant (no one is looking if you go there directly), walk away.

ORLY? I will have to jot this down in my mental notes....

Seriously, it's such a headache saver. Between that and using fire extinguishers as accidental kills, my SA times have gone down considerably.

Before finding this out, I was doing all my SA attempts with the fiber wire. There was a looooot of waiting and coin throwing.

I love that Agent 47 is a yoga master. That was fun.

Did the ET in under 2 mins, a quick fire extinguisher and detonator near the love seats in front of the 2nd floor lounge area and you are done in under 2 mins and out with silent assassin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riE5OrZhlPI

Now to try and figure out how the heck to get this girl to go into the sauna with a weird bald man

KingKong

I cant get over how gorgeous this level is with like staff doors blending in with the walls and the background changing as you play

I love it as well. I wonder what's the next thing 47 is gonna be a pro at?

Wait, what piano?

Professional magic acts.
Bungee jumping.
Fencing.
Animal husbandry.

The piano is for the La Cucaracha easter egg challenge:

As the exterminator, play the keyboards at the back of the recording studio.

Then go outside and look around.

Gecoma

Hope they release more escalations on the last 2 maps, if only so I can get the last two trophies I need for 100%. Cannot beat that Colorado LV 4 one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh wow. Just found
Agent Smith
in the morgue.

Hokkaido might be my favorite level of the season, though I'm still digging into it. Definitely up there with Sapienza atleast.

Why do I get 2x Non-Target Killed when
Yamazaki's gas heater lamp
blows up?

Also, it takes forever to poison
the hospital director. After poisoning the snacks I had enough time to hack into suite 3, climb over to suite 4 (since suite 4's door is watched at all times), get the cigarettes, hack into suite 2, climb over to suite 1, distract a bodyguard with a toilet, and then finally run to the downstairs bathroom to find the director throwing up.

Randdalf

I assume most of 'season 1' was finished around the game launch (they still couldn't determine how to distribute/break up the game before launch).

I'm thinking late 2017 to 2018 for s2 with major gameplay upgrades.

Nope, I think they said in the GiantBomb interview that they only had the first three levels built before launch. It's probably part of why they released it episodically in the first place, it was taking too long to make and Square Enix wanted to recoup their investment. It turned out well though.

I managed to complete Silent Ninja and Sniper Assassin at the same time
by simply sniping the lawyer a few feet through the sauna window in the maintenance room. Convenient!

I also found out you can keep the doors from shutting by blocking them with items, pretty handy for suit only runs as you can easily lock yourself out of areas.

I still wish we could get a toolbox option as was suggested earlier in the thread.

Endlessly frustrating when you're trying to do something but don't have a wrench/crowbar/screwdriver etc on you, and you run around aimlessly for one =/
Admittedly, that's more of a problem in early runs of each level but still.

We always try to find a balance regarding item placement. On one hand we want to encourage exploration and route planning but in the same time keep frustrations low when playing the map the first time. This usually work when a map has natural flow with few dead ends with item placement that makes sense in a contextual sense. It can still feel frustrating when you just want to find that specific item of course but if the map allows for smooth exploration (that might include getting another disguise) and other options to follow then hopefully this feeling is suspended a bit.

Dalibor68

Banned
Finished all the assassination challenges in Hokkaido. Man this level and especcially the first playthrough made me feel like a young and fresh gamer adventuring into the unknown again / reminded me so much of Blood Money which I also connect dear gaming memories with.

With the season effectively over, what is everyone's favorite little detail? Your "there's no way this will work oh shit it does?"

For me, it's in Sapienza, when I realized that
you can snipe the dinner bell outside the kitchen from the church bell tower, and Caruso will still go and sit down, in prime sniping position.

It's incredible how much in this game just, works. Kudos to any IO folks who might read this.

mf.luder

Really enjoying this game. Just got to marrakesh and holy hell its way more difficult than the first 2.

Haha, master fortune teller!

Arkanius

With the season effectively over, what is everyone's favorite little detail? Your "there's no way this will work oh shit it does?"

you can snipe the dinner bell outside the kitchen from the church bell tower, and Caruso will still go and sit down, in prime sniping position.

It's incredible how much in this game just, works. Kudos to any IO folks who might read this.

Poisoning the commander in Marakesh.
It's ridiculous easy. My jaw dropped when I saw the video showing how it's done.

Jeffrey

Nope, I think they said in the GiantBomb interview that they only had the first three levels built before launch. It's probably part of why they released it episodically in the first place, it was taking too long to make and Square Enix wanted to recoup their investment. It turned out well though.
Interesting. Still The question is if s2 will just be more levels or will there be some substantial gameplay changes. Maybe even a separate client.

Poisoning the commander in Marakesh.
It's ridiculous easy. My jaw dropped when I saw the video showing how it's done.

After going after him the hard way so many times, finally seeing that was even possible was absurd. Especially since the food is in such an odd part of the map, a good ways from the waiter.

It's just as easy to take out Morgan in Bangkok, as others mentioned a few posts earlier.

Got SASO for the first time on a main mission in Hokkaido last night. Easy to do but thrilling nonetheless. Doubt I can pull off the same on any of the other missions just yet.

Joey Ravn

Banned

Another easy Sapienza kill:

Get a sniper rifle, go to the bell tower of the church. Look at Caruso's mansion and you should see the observatory's dome. To its left there's an electrical panel. Shoot it once to open it, shoot it again to activate it. This will trigger the dome opening, which will make Caruso look through the telescope. You can snipe him easily through the telescope, right into his eye.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I decided to give the game a break when Sapienza released but I'm having some problems.

I've completed the Bangkok mission a few times now and the exits wont trigger then if I go back to the main menu and load the save it says Load Failed.

Any ideas?

ZeroX03

Banned
PS4 Pro patch details:

Offering the latest visual and technical enhancements, on the PS4 Pro, HITMAN has had a whole new layer of detail added to it; the overall resolution has been increased, aliasing reduced, reflective surfaces improved and more detailed lighting effects implemented, all without compromising the frame rate or the overall gaming experience. A clean and crisp UI rendered natively in 4K, furthermore it uses the extra memory of PS4 Pro to stream in higher quality textures, yielding more details. Agent 47 has never looked so good.

Players without 4K will also benefit from the increased resolution as the image will be downsampled to 1080p to benefit from higher quality shading and less flickering highlights.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306651

So I decided to give the game a break when Sapienza released but I'm having some problems.

I've completed the Bangkok mission a few times now and the exits wont trigger then if I go back to the main menu and load the save it says Load Failed.

Any ideas?

I actually had something similar happen to me in Colorado. I got to the tornado shelter and it won't let me examine the wall to trigger the ending cutscene. I'm probably going to give it one more go, and if it still does it, I'm skipping Colorado entirely until it's fixed.

Top Bottom