• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Palpable

So this is the final episode? I just completed it and just as the story is getting interesting, the damn thing ends! So a whole nother Hitman game for the rest of the story? Damn it

AHA-Lambda

Done Japan last night, loved it. In fact loved it so much I achieved level 20 in one night, and I haven't even bothered to get lvl 20 in any other levels yet!

Did the ET with the
explosive cell phone. Started in my hotel suite. Walked out of my suite. Went down one flight of stairs. Dropped the phone quietly in the lounge. The walked in moments later. Called the phone. The lady picked it up. Boom killed both in one. Strolled out calmly.

Same.

I can envision in season 2 that explosive phone is going to get a serious nerf, as it's making many assassinations trivial.

MUnited83

For you.
Done Japan last night, loved it. In fact loved it so much I achieved level 20 in one night, and I haven't even bothered to get lvl 20 in any other levels yet!

Same.

I can envision in season 2 that explosive phone is going to get a serious nerf, as it's making many assassinations trivial.
Eh, I don't think it's going to get a nerf. Not easy to get Silent Assassin with it and can result in non-target kills too.

Dalibor68

Banned
Every opportunity in Hokkaido is so well crafted and fun/diverse, it's amazing.

Do we know where the 3rd bonus misssion will be set btw?

Jintor

So I wanted to tell you guys about the conga line of stupid I ended up doing in Hokkaido.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what rooms I could go into without pissing anyone off. Eventually I found a hammer, abseiled off the side of a cliff, grabbed a dopemine neurothingy, got scared and went back up the top. Fooled around a bit more, dicked around in the toilets trying to get the guy who wanted to look like Kruger, then realised he'd already been taken off and me ruining sinks was pointless.

At that point I saw the cowboy wander into his room and I followed him in. Chocked him out, stuck him in the closet, called the doctor. I waiting to brain the doctor until the door closed but the ladies waiting at the stairs saw and freaked. Guards came rushing in... but not all the guards, just two, so I clocked them. Boom, doctor disguise.

Wandered into the loading dock. Accidentally walked past a doctor. Freaked. Clocked her with a wrench. Mechanic saw. Clocked him with a wrench. Everyone saw. Ran like fuck randomly away. Ended up in the morgue somehow. Found the Groom costume on the table. Disguised into it right next to two morgue idiots jibber-jabbering. Realised it was the main surgeon and his pal. Neuropleasure transmitter. Boom.

Main surgeon gets super high and wanders into the heart room, but I don't realise there's guards in there. I clock the other doctor just as the other guards wander by. The first guard doesn't see the body but the second does, but I clock him. I go back into the other room and clock the main doctor, crush the heart, and stuff everybody into cupboards.

The rest of it is not so interesting since I mainly just melted Yuki in the sauna.

What a map.

Haven't played Japan yet but did this map unlock the sedative/emetic chewing gum that was leaked a while back or has that been dropped?

A gadget I wouldn't mind seeing in season 2 is some kind of remote spark/ignition source that could be dropped into water/oil puddles without needing to use the pistol. Might make things a bit easy but it could open up the number of opportunities for those kinds of kills in future levels.

Foffy

Banned
Haven't played Japan yet but did this map unlock the sedative/emetic chewing gum that was leaked a while back or has that been dropped?

A gadget I wouldn't mind seeing in season 2 is some kind of remote spark/ignition source that could be dropped into water/oil puddles without needing to use the pistol. Might make things a bit easy but it could open up the number of opportunities for those kinds of kills in future levels.

The gum hasn't been added to the base game yet.

No idea if it's gone.

AHA-Lambda

I still wish we could get a toolbox option as was suggested earlier in the thread.

Endlessly frustrating when you're trying to do something but don't have a wrench/crowbar/screwdriver etc on you, and you run around aimlessly for one =/
Admittedly, that's more of a problem in early runs of each level but still.

ArjanN

I still wish we could get a toolbox option as was suggested earlier in the thread.

Endlessly frustrating when you're trying to do something but don't have a wrench/crowbar/screwdriver etc on you, and you run around aimlessly for one =/

They could make it an option but honestly you rarely need it.

Most of the time you can just shoot something to get the same effect (explosive barrel/electric outlet, oil leaks etc) For opening doors you can already bring the lockpick.

MUnited83

For you.
Honestly, I don't think the gum was ever supposed to be actual unlock at all. Seems the sort of stuff to test out AI patterns by the devs, not a item meant for regular gameplay.

CloudWolf

lmao i triggered a toilet and the guard got pissed at me while standing in the doorway so there was literally no way I could leave

I was standing in a toilet and some other guy walked in and was all like "hey, can I get some privacy here?" and then called the guards on me. Fuck you dude, I was here first.

rakanishu

Banned
I got my first SASO on episode 6 and it was surprisingly easy. I love how compact the map is so you can learn all of the quirks in a couple of hours.

Forkball

Barely beat the ET.
I phone bombed the dictator, but his wife survived. During the panic, I tried to kill her with the duck but I missed. I got the waiter disguise and the screwdriver in the basement area. The wife cycles around the lounge and the bar, but there are so many people there that it's impossible to lure her out. I ended up taking out two guards on the balcony by tossing a screwdriver to lure them out to an empty room where I disposed of both of them. From the small balcony, you can target her with the screwdriver and kill her. There's a pipe right next to the balcony, so I managed to escape in time without getting involved in a firefight.

I also did SASO in Hokkaido with a really easy method.
Get to the snowy garden area, and in the back on the left there is a pipe you can slide down. Go all the way down and enter a room to get the neuro transmitter. Exit the room, and find your way to the morgue (it's pretty close). Get near the motorcyclist and activate the transmitter. One of the doctors will freak out. Hide near the incinerator, and watch as the doctor dismisses the two guards in the heart area. Sneak in before the door closes, take out the doctor, then throw away the heart. Go into the hospital a bit, and go down the long corridor. You will find a door that says "Maintenance Room" that leads to the sauna. Turn up the heat, and eventually Yuki will go in after the two guys leave. After she dismisses her guard, go up to the sauna door, hold Y, and it will activate a cutscene where she dies from the heat.

I'm about 17-18 with the Hokkaido mastery. I've done pretty much all the unique kills with them, so I need to dig deeper with those challenges.

Dalibor68

Banned
Man the last version of the hokkaido contract really pisses me off

killed the director with a shuriken dressed as the motorcyclist in the garden, run back to the pipe where I want to slide down to the medical sleeping quarters, change clothes there and then escape via helipad but was shot down while sliding

*edit* nvm solved it by just killed that guy beforehand

Foffy

Banned
Honestly, I don't think the gum was ever supposed to be actual unlock at all. Seems the sort of stuff to test out AI patterns by the devs, not a item meant for regular gameplay.

It was also an item with a background in the image, right? I think those were super early.

Also, on the note of items...where oh where is
the sniper rifle that plays Ave Maria
that existed in Alpha and IO said was in the game when they first revealed it?

MUnited83

For you.
I've already seen what he's talking about.
Go to the place where there's a guard doing push-ups. If you go there disguised as a guard you can enter a push-up contest.

ev0

Is this one of those easter egg hints?

Something like, find the prompt that lets you do pushups, then do 100 pushups and all the doctors will go to the garden and dance to J-pop.

lol I was hoping there was some crazy thing that you could do with
that DDR pad

I absolutely love Hokkaido. its so good. The opportunities are very cool but they have a lot of specific steps. I usually play with opportunities off for my first playthoughs and I never completed them in the exact way the game wanted. Mostly b/c I want the Trophy for doing them all.

I think Colorado was the only level where I did all the opportunities organically and the trophy popped.

Although I think for the first few eps there was a bug that you couldn't get the trophy if opportunities were off also.

I think Colorado was the only level where I did all the opportunities organically and the trophy popped.

Although I think for the first few eps there was a bug that you couldn't get the trophy if opportunities were off also.

I started turning opportunities off with Sapienza, and with the early levels it was usually just one opportunity that I had to redo in the "right" way to get the achievement.

Starting with Bangkok, all opportunities registered correctly the first time I did them.

Almost forgot: I did unlock the Signature Suit with Gloves, with 14/14 targets killed but only 12/13 successful elusives. I guess it still works the same way.

Finally got the Silent Ninja challenge (and silent assassin), someone posted a similar strategy earlier but
I brought the scramblers went into the basement of the hospital area, saved smith using the scrambler so I got the master key and destroyed the security tapes. I sneaked around until I got a clear opening to get across the first floor and up the second and into the mainframe to destroy it, then I hid for a bit and once things cooled down I went back in and used the terminal overlooking the operating table to kill soders. I then went outside and climbed the pipe into the hall between the main area and the hospital and went into the sauna backroom, I turned up the heat but I didn't have anything to block the door so I just stood outside the door and grabbed her when she left and took her into the back room and hide her in the hamper. Back out the window and onto the snowmobiles.

ev0

I started turning opportunities off with Sapienza, and with the early levels it was usually just one opportunity that I had to redo in the "right" way to get the achievement.

Starting with Bangkok, all opportunities registered correctly the first time I did them.

Ah yeah for me in Bangkok I never was able to figure out all the exact steps for the recording booth one. The rest were not too bad to puzzle out yourself.

ymgve

I turned up the heat but I didn't have anything to block the door so I just stood outside the door and grabbed her when she left and took her into the back room and hide her in the hamper. Back out the window and onto the snowmobiles.[/SPOILER]

You don't need anything to block the door.
You get an extra prompt for blocking the door whenever anyone is in the too-hot sauna, and you just hold the handle down with your hands. 47 is strong.

You don't need anything to block the door.
You get an extra prompt for blocking the door whenever anyone is in the too-hot sauna, and you just hold the handle down with your hands. 47 is strong.

I just reloaded my save to see what was happening since I remember getting a grey option at the door but you're right, it's not asking for an item to block it, but it won't let you do it with visible items like the katana on my back which is why it didn't work for me, thanks!

justjim89

A tip for Suit-Only/Ninja/Groom runs: dropping the katana or a similar object in the doorway of a door that automatically closes will prevent it from shutting and locking you out, like the one by the backroom next to the sauna.

Joeku

A multitool or something would be cool, even if it had extremely limited uses per run. One, even. I just did the sniper assassin on Bangkok then spent half an hour running up and down and everywhere through the level looking for a fucking wrench to turn on the tuk-tuk to get that exit for the XP, and I had nearly half a dozen each of screwdrivers, crowbars, and everything else that wasn't a wrench. Eventually I just googled it because I thought I combed over the whole thing. Is the one
in the laundry room in the handyman's toolbox
really the only one in the level?

Demoskinos

So this is the final episode? I just completed it and just as the story is getting interesting, the damn thing ends! So a whole nother Hitman game for the rest of the story? Damn it

Yes but you forget being episodic means we will most likely get a second season starting early 2017. If I were a betting man I'd say second season starts in February.

A multitool or something would be cool, even if it had extremely limited uses per run. One, even. I just did the sniper assassin on Bangkok then spent half an hour running up and down and everywhere through the level looking for a fucking wrench to turn on the tuk-tuk to get that exit for the XP, and I had nearly half a dozen each of screwdrivers, crowbars, and everything else that wasn't a wrench. Eventually I just googled it because I thought I combed over the whole thing. Is the one
in the laundry room in the handyman's toolbox
really the only one in the level?

There are three just in the basement:

Laundry room handyman's toolbox, linen room handyman's toolbox, and locker room bathroom beside the toilet.

I did not find that last one until this week.

Joeku

There are three just in the basement:

Laundry room handyman's toolbox, linen room handyman's toolbox, and locker room bathroom beside the toilet.

I did not find that last one until this week.

Ugh, fuck me. I went through all of those rooms, some more than once.

Jeffrey

beat the ET with a remote duck in the lounge area. Think someone else did it hear with the phone... probably would have been cleaner lol. Killed some innocent, oh well.

I feel like im caring less and less about collateral damage when doing elusive targets now lol

Wow, and here I thought this was the first map without an emetic poison. I can't believe I didn't find them - I was certain I combed over the entire map lol

megalowho

Yes but you forget being episodic means we will most likely get a second season starting early 2017. If I were a betting man I'd say second season starts in February.
That seems way early to make any kind of meaningful tweaks to the formula, ramp up a marketing push for Season 2 or give the physical release of Season 1 in late January a chance to breathe. It'll come, but I don't expect it to begin until mid/late 2017.

Took a lot of trial and error, but finally managed to get SASO.
Agent Smith's RFID card is a major help. Ended up poisoning Soders' stem cell supply, and trapping Yamazaki in the sauna.

Deadstar

That seems way early to make any kind of meaningful tweaks to the formula, ramp up a marketing push for Season 2 or give the physical release of Season 1 in late January a chance to breathe. It'll come, but I don't expect it to begin until mid/late 2017.

If they are able to make meaningful improvements to performance and are able to add some new mechanics I wouldn't mind taking many months off, especially if they keep putting out elusive targets and escalations. I'd love to see a graphics update that makes everything look even better.

Jeffrey

I assume most of 'season 1' was finished around the game launch (they still couldn't determine how to distribute/break up the game before launch).

I'm thinking late 2017 to 2018 for s2 with major gameplay upgrades.

Top Bottom