• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Jeffrey

I actually had something similar happen to me in Colorado. I got to the tornado shelter and it won't let me examine the wall to trigger the ending cutscene. I'm probably going to give it one more go, and if it still does it, I'm skipping Colorado entirely until it's fixed.

theres like multiple walls to examine I believe, make sure to comb that area.

theres like multiple walls to examine I believe, make sure to comb that area.

I tried, believe me; I'm pretty sure I wandered around for a while and then pulled up a youtube video to see what part I'm supposed to hit, but it just doesn't show an "Examine" prompt for me. It's like it's bugged.

I'll probably give it one more go, but I really want to dig into Hokkaido.

So I decided to give the game a break when Sapienza released but I'm having some problems.

I've completed the Bangkok mission a few times now and the exits wont trigger then if I go back to the main menu and load the save it says Load Failed.

Any ideas?

This happened to me yesterday on Hokkaido. The saves are all bugged, but if you start the level fresh you should be fine. (I could never recover the old saves or autosaves, just have to save over them)

Foffy

Banned
Why do I get 2x Non-Target Killed when
Yamazaki's gas heater lamp
blows up?

Also, it takes forever to poison
the hospital director. After poisoning the snacks I had enough time to hack into suite 3, climb over to suite 4 (since suite 4's door is watched at all times), get the cigarettes, hack into suite 2, climb over to suite 1, distract a bodyguard with a toilet, and then finally run to the downstairs bathroom to find the director throwing up.

There are guards there...?

What I did was
sneak to her suit, knock out four guards, put two in the closet, and two in the bathroom. Then I let her do her thing and get exploded.

Jeffrey

I tried, believe me; I'm pretty sure I wandered around for a while and then pulled up a youtube video to see what part I'm supposed to hit, but it just doesn't show an "Examine" prompt for me. It's like it's bugged.

I'll probably give it one more go, but I really want to dig into Hokkaido.

oh, so the game doesn't lock missions? As in you don't need to beat the previous to play the next?

I've already gushed about the unexpected opportunities in Sapienza and Bangkok, so let me just say instead: I can't believe you can inject someone with poison, steal their clothes before the body hits the ground, and walk away leaving an undressed corpse in the open. Somehow the twisted logic still feels right in this game.

There are guards there...?

What I did was
sneak to her suit, knock out four guards, put two in the closet, and two in the bathroom. Then I let her do her thing and get exploded.

I totally missed that because I had already
jumped over the balcony
to not get seen.

Meanwhile, various IO employees have been tweeting about moving out of their current office. Sizing up for season two...?

oh, so the game doesn't lock missions? As in you don't need to beat the previous to play the next?

Nah, if you go out of order, it gives you a pop up basically saying "yo, you should really play the earlier level first" but then you can bypass it. The part that's annoying is it keeps doing that. So if you did what I did and double dipped onto PC, and wanted to jump straight to bangkok, you had to go through that prompt every time until you beat marrakesh, which would give you that prompt until you beat sapienza, etc. At this point I have cleared up to colorado. Seeing other feedback that saves are bugged right now means I just need to do a straight through run of Colorado, which is fine by me.

Anyone else's game get stuck when searching for contracts?
3c6adc0be9.png

justjim89

I can't be the only one here who thinks that the 47 character model in this game kinda looks like Sterling Archer, right? Especially the face.

Seriously, just slap a wig on the guy.

tumblr_o2v1u5qDsk1rr0k52o1_500.png

images

As wacky as this game could get, I could totally see an Archer game resembling something like Hitman.

I can't be the only one here who thinks that the 47 character model in this game kinda looks like Sterling Archer, right? Especially the face.

images

As wacky as this game could get, I could totally see an Archer game resembling something like Hitman.
Something I've noticed is that his face model really seems to vary wildly depending on the lighting. Also, he looks weird in the escape cutscenes for some reason. Mainly the expression I think.

Moff

oh wow, SASO, sniper assassin and silent ninja are all super easy in hokkaido, did them all the same way
(shoot the heart, shoot her in the sauna)

got me mastery 20

amazing level, if someone said this was the best hitman level ever I wouldn't even disagree

such a memorable location with so much cool stuff to do, it just feels like a real busy place and the ways you can manipulate them makes sense, those are the elements that make a great hitman level

nice secrets, too,
I wonder what's up with the computer voice that wants me to help (I got that after I did the pushups with the guards, not sure if it's a coincidence)

Profanity

images

Speaking of this, did anyone else find it weird that 47 takes the medical director's hair when he disguises himself as him? Is it mentioned anywhere that he has a wig or something? Otherwise he seems to have scalped him or something.

Moff

Speaking of this, did anyone else find it weird that 47 takes the medical director's hair when he disguises himself as him? Is it mentioned anywhere that he has a wig or something? Otherwise he seems to have scalped him or something.

I wouldn't say weird but it's certainly unusual, has he ever used a wig before?
but yeah, it doesn't make sense for him to have it, just like it doesn't make sanse he can change his whole outfit in 1 second while someone else briefly looks the other way

Joeku

When I did it, it immediately seemed like the dude was wearing a wig. Looking at the model again, it's kind of obvious.

Yeah, The Director has a wig. Basically the only way we can give HM hair :) It makes sense for HM to use the wig because he wants to blend in as the Director.

I admit, he is REALLY fast at changing outfit; it is a gameplay decision.

The videos of guys sneaking around in the ninja costume all over the map really is hilarious to me, for some reason. I started playing as a ninja and just felt compelling to kill everyone with my blade, it felt pretty good. It'd be fun sometime to try and kill everyone as a ninja.

The other thing that made my eyes go wide the first time in Hokkaido were the staff living quarters and the beds. Goddamn, I bet thats based on reality too of many places in Japan, huh?

images

funny enough, i thought the same thing. That turtleneck really sells it.

Profanity

I wouldn't say weird but it's certainly unusual, has he ever used a wig before?
but yeah, it doesn't make sense for him to have it, just like it doesn't make sanse he can change his whole outfit in 1 second while someone else briefly looks the other way

Yeah I think it was more jarring than anything because we've never/rarely seen 47 wearing a majestic 'do before. I'm fully onboard with 47 changing in a second and passing for people he never should in a million years, as that's always been the charm of the series all this time.

Yeah I think it was more jarring than anything because we've never/rarely seen 47 wearing a majestic 'do before. I'm fully onboard with 47 changing in a second and passing for people he never should in a million years, as that's always been the charm of the series all this time.

Idea for future level: a costume shop you can break into with a rack of wigs, all different.

There would probably be one wig you need to pass for a specific person. The rest would just be the silliest hairstyles possible.

So what's the deal with the Curator's
neurochip
? I thought he was the chief surgeon but apparently not. It became active while on the ground floor but I'm not sure what messing with increasing and decreasing it does. I thought it was linked to the Malpractice challenge but I unlocked that a different way.

Thanks for previous answers btw.

So what's the deal with the Curator's
neurochip
? I thought he was the chief surgeon but apparently not. It became active while on the ground floor but I'm not sure what messing with increasing and decreasing it does. I thought it was linked to the Malpractice challenge but I unlocked that a different way.

The Curator is
the morgue doctor who collects organs for the hospital
. The remote works from completely different places?

If you increase
the dosage he will have a manic attack, and kick out the guards who are watching Soders's heart

Then
decrease the dosage again to make him go away

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
how do you talk to Soders? there's a challenge that's like reveal yourself as 47 before you kill him or something but I can't figure it out. All the computers just kill him.

Maiorum

how do you talk to Soders? there's a challenge that's like reveal yourself as 47 before you kill him or something but I can't figure it out. All the computers just kill him.

You need to get to the foot of the operating table while you're in 47's suit and there will be a prompt to reveal yourself and kill him. It's easiest to sneak in through the stem cell treatment room.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
You need to get to the foot of the operating table while you're in 47's suit and there will be a prompt to reveal yourself and kill him. It's easiest to sneak in through the stem cell treatment room.

oh okay that's where I've been going wrong. thanks.

Jintor

The videos of guys sneaking around in the ninja costume all over the map really is hilarious to me, for some reason. I started playing as a ninja and just felt compelling to kill everyone with my blade, it felt pretty good. It'd be fun sometime to try and kill everyone as a ninja.

The other thing that made my eyes go wide the first time in Hokkaido were the staff living quarters and the beds. Goddamn, I bet thats based on reality too of many places in Japan, huh?

Kinda looks like fancy hostel living to me

CloudWolf

The Curator is
the morgue doctor who collects organs for the hospital
. The remote works from completely different places?

If you increase
the dosage he will have a manic attack, and kick out the guards who are watching Soders's heart

Then
decrease the dosage again to make him go away

Pro-tip:
Do not decrease the dosage if you want to go for silent assassin.

Pro-tip:
Do not decrease the dosage if you want to go for silent assassin.

I completely missed that because I just directly exited the mission right afterwards! I had to load my save from there half a dozen times to figure out what was happening.

And now I have to figure out what else you're supposed to do with this situation...

Just finished my first run of Hokkaido, loved it. Hell of a way to end the season. I loved that you can't take any items in on the first run and there are no keycards to pick up, I must have wandered around the level for a good 15 minutes before figuring out how to get away from the 'patient' areas.

I ended up going into the morgue and destroying the heart (I guess messing with that guy's chip a second time causes him to die? Apparently I killed a non-target and he's the only one I can think of). I also completed the yoga instructor opportunity for Yuki, had a huge smile on my face when I realised he 47 was nudging her closer to the edge with the different poses.

Still have the most recent Elusive to complete and a couple of challenges left to do (mostly Escalations which I fell behind on) but I think at this point it's safe to say that HiTMAN is my game of the year, and after Absolution I can't explain how fucking happy that makes me

MaKTaiL

Season 2 Officially Confirmed!

• Same launcher from Season 1;
  • New locations and missions from Season 2 will be added to the base game we already have;
  • Unlocks from Season 1 will be available to be used on Season 2 and onwards;
  • New free content like Elusive Targets and Escalation Missions will still come to Season 1 maps even after Season 2 has already started;
  • Previous cities/countries could be revisited with a new location/mission.

Source [FR]: http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/...eu-revient-premiere-saison-ce-reboot-278124-1

Arkanius

• New locations and missions from Season 2 will be added to the base game we already have;
  • New free content like Elusive Targets and Escalation Missions will still come to Season 1 maps even after Season 2 has already started;

Source [FR]: http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/...eu-revient-premiere-saison-ce-reboot-278124-1

As expected, but thank god they did not fuck it up.

Stealing this and making a thread.

Top Bottom