• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Cool that they may revisit some maps in more bonus episodes, I always wanted to see the Paris map on its 'original' form, without the fashion show. It's supposed to be a museum about Napoleon Bonaparte. I always liked that in fact if you explored a bit you could see it on the map, with Napoleon old paintings, the miniature model you can use as distraction, or the store rooms where more historical stuff are hidden away.

Cool that they may revisit some maps in more bonus episodes, I always wanted to see the Paris map on its 'original' form, without the fashion show. It's supposed to be a museum about Napoleon Bonaparte. I always liked that in fact if you explored a bit you could see it on the map, with Napoleon old paintings, the miniature model you can use as distraction, or the store rooms where more historical stuff are hidden away.

Hands...off...the DIORAMA.

phoenixyz

That's all nice, but what about the really important questions: Will we finally get customizable weapons and the damn rifle suitcase?

MaKTaiL

That's all nice, but what about the really important questions: Will we finally get customizable weapons and the damn rifle suitcase?

They will keep on improving the core gameplay just like they did during the first season. I have a really strong guess they will add human shield and dual wield pistols as a free update when Season 2 comes since it's one of the most requested features in their surveys.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just spent 3 hours getting the SA/SO on Colorado. Probably the most fun I've had with SA/SO so far, really tense map. Also did the String Quartet Challenge while I was at it. God, I love this game

Jintor

Oh man Hokkaido
Yoga opportunity is so good

I like that opportunity setups are a bit more complex it seems, like I thought KAI
getting the director disguise would make it too easy but surprise you have to do another thing inside the mainframe

Also the wig is amazing

Dalibor68

Banned
Oh man Hokkaido
Yoga opportunity is so good

I like that opportunity setups are a bit more complex it seems, like I thought KAI
getting the director disguise would make it too easy but surprise you have to do another thing inside the mainframe

Also the wig is amazing

I think this added zoom/"minicutscene" with certain kills also adds to making it feel special.

Jintor

I just wish there had actually been more Soders in-person in cutscenes and stuff so I could give a stuff about murdering him. He was kinda just a target - in fact even less so than one because unlike other targets where you can tail them around and kinda find out their story, Soders just lies there.

Like, the Pharma guy in Sapienza has probably been my favourite target so far - of all the targets he was probably the least overtly villainous and the most interesting. The military quartet in Colarado were cool, I liked Jordan Cross and to an extent the Brick well enough, but Nobikov and Dahlia get upstaged by Kruger in terms of being interesting (lmao) and the Swede could have been maybe a bit more interesting but isn't really (I do wish his daughter was actually in the crowd and had an opportunity tied to her)

KingKong

I don't know how I feel about keeping all the season 1 unlocks, it's already almost too many things and I really don't know what else they could add (certainly not any weapons since there's already at least 3 of each type)

Bloody hell, the
malfunctioning surgeon arms
assassination is absolutely brutal. They really went for it on that one.

Also, the dialogue from the bandaged patient who wants to look like Helmut Kruger when he sees 47 is hilarious.

I don't know how I feel about keeping all the season 1 unlocks, it's already almost too many things and I really don't know what else they could add (certainly not any weapons since there's already at least 3 of each type)

Maybe it's like a NG+ thing, where you can switch it on and off. "Make S1 unlocks available, y/n?"

Forkball

All the Soders deaths are so brutal. I guess they really wanted it to be satisfying since he is the "big bad" of the season, but honestly I felt like they didn't develop that plot deeply enough where the player feels vindicated after annihilating him.

I hit level 20 in Hokkaido, the loadout should be fun with contracts. You can get a good level and a half with the A Personal Goodbye and One More Time, Mr. Soders via reloading cheese.
Start in your room with your suit (not kimono), and get a gun from one of the guards near the cable car. Take the pipe in the garden down to the room, then head over to the morgue. Stay on the right, and save right before you get in the stem cell room. You get one challenge by walking up to Soders and popping him in the head with a gun. Reload, and this time go to the foot of the bed and hit the prompt button where you will get a cutscene and Soders will just die. Reload again to complete the mission. A fast way is to just shoot the heart through the door, go up to the top floor and get the guard outfit from the solo guard in the observation deck, then head down and kill Yuki via the sauna.

I just wish there had actually been more Soders in-person in cutscenes and stuff so I could give a stuff about murdering him. He was kinda just a target - in fact even less so than one because unlike other targets where you can tail them around and kinda find out their story, Soders just lies there.

Like, the Pharma guy in Sapienza has probably been my favourite target so far - of all the targets he was probably the least overtly villainous and the most interesting. The military quartet in Colarado were cool, I liked Jordan Cross and to an extent the Brick well enough, but Nobikov and Dahlia get upstaged by Kruger in terms of being interesting (lmao) and the Swede could have been maybe a bit more interesting but isn't really (I do wish his daughter was actually in the crowd and had an opportunity tied to her)

Soders was not well-handled in setting up the finale to the game. We never even see his face clearly until episode 6, and we know nothing about him except what is explained in the mission profile and other people's dialogue (resentment over an early retirement, will do anything to survive). Show don't tell, etc.

Caruso was unique, but Novikov was more interesting because he talks to so many different people. This showed off his two-faced persona better than any text could. We see how he talks to low-level staff, personal guards, allies, enemies, VIPs, and even Margolis if you get them both into the safe room (the most revealing and personal dialogue in the whole level, I think).

The Colorado targets actually talk to each other, which is a well-done aspect of the level. Most other targets just talk about the story of that particular level, which doesn't really give us any character insights (other than "this person is an asshole").

Is there an in-level reason for why you can pick a loadout at level 20? As in, do they justify it in the fiction of the level or is it just "you can pack a gun now!"

I think level mastery represents how much reconnaissance 47 and the ICA have done before starting the level. So level 20 means you already know everything about the hospital and can even bypass personal screening?

Bloody hell, the
malfunctioning surgeon arms
assassination is absolutely brutal. They really went for it on that one.

I still need to do I Think He Is Dead Now. I had to laugh when I realized they expected people to just go all-in on the brutality.

Opto

Banned
I love how 47's multiple talents has to mean he's going to night classes. Inevitably this means he has to do group projects with a bunch of flakers.

MUnited83

For you.
Is it just me or does the "Makeover" opportunity seem to complete by itself while you play the level without doing any of the steps?

Jeffrey

hope they don't go down the trap of increase the stage difficulty from s2 out of the gate.

hokaido is a fun map but its gonna be annoying if that's the 'starting difficulty' of s2 and getting harder.

hope they don't go down the trap of increase the stage difficulty from s2 out of the gate.

hokaido is a fun map but its gonna be annoying if that's the 'starting difficulty' of s2 and getting harder.

Hokkaido's not so bad, there's way less of a focus on LOS stealth than in levels like Bangkok or Marrakesh where that could get very annoying. The only place where I typically noticed a lot of enforcers was on the second floor of the hospital wing and even then it's pretty easy to zip through.

ev0

Is it just me or does the "Makeover" opportunity seem to complete by itself while you play the level without doing any of the steps?

Maybe something is weird with that one? That is the one I had to re-do again to get the Trophy for opportunities to pop after I did them all intially

Jeffrey

Hokkaido's not so bad, there's way less of a focus on LOS stealth than in levels like Bangkok or Marrakesh where that could get very annoying. The only place where I typically noticed a lot of enforcers was on the second floor of the hospital wing and even then it's pretty easy to zip through.

hokaido is probably the most limiting starting location of a mission at first attempt. Don't even think there are opportunities that guide you to a disguise unlike the others.

its pretty straightforward after you get a disguise though!

MUnited83

For you.
Maybe something is weird with that one? That is the one I had to re-do again to get the Trophy for opportunities to pop after I did them all intially

I've tested it around it's really weird, it seems to complete when I distract a specific guard into the bathroom.

I wore his clothes once and it unlocked for me without following the actual opportunity.
I didn't even touch the guy in capacity and it still unlocked for some reason.

This opportunity does not trigger on anything at all, making it a true Groundhog Day event. Portman has one big loop and if nothing happens to the NPCs involved it will play out in the exactly same way every play session. If Portman leaves with the doctor and does the checkup himself (please try and see what happens to him!) it is lost forever until you restart.

Edit: It times out everytime if you don't follow it

This strikes me only as a unique way to end the season. I think if anything, they'll play around more with stage-specific limitations in a small capacityin S2, but there will always be Sapienza/Paris-style "walk around wherever you want in public" type levels.

Brophy

Neo Member
As IO is prepping for disc release, I would like if they reverted back from the brown color scheme they went with Sapienza and into what it was originaly going to be. Colorful
And I don't believe this is out of the question considering they changed the level geometry and local bodyguards post release.
a52ecf327f35692466250984209b357884a952db.jpg
84c04f8ce4b5819f642a23a03ab8d92000dcfdb0.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RkL0CsMTrQ
While it does look somewhat plain (non existent coastal fog) I would take that version any day of the week because the games overall color scheme could use some variety.

It's a shame that they would do that to their own work that made the well regarded level stand out in the first place at the last minute.

On a side note I'd prefer the lighting that was shown from 2015 PAX
The lighting in the already memorable dinning hall along with bright color from the curtains made it look fantastically striking!
Very refreshing from the dark and colorless Showstopper level.

Dalibor68

Banned
I always wonder, what is the point of this brown/grey shitfilter so many developers apply. Why do they hate color? Or does it increase performance or something?

It looks like Sapienza really was concepted as being much more green/blue:

(From Art Director Jonathan Rowe's Twitter)

I wouldn't call Sapienza "brown" as it is now - just blindingly sunny. I think it works for a sleepy afternoon in an old town, although it would be interesting to see the level without the filter.

The vibrant green and blue might work for a full-fledged tropical beach level?

Szadek

I would love to play the game,but the always online part is an enormous turn off for since I frequently have problems with internet connection.
Not to mention that I always play on the highest or second highest difficulty setting while aming for a high rating, so the last thing I want is to lose my progess for no fault of my own.

Profanity

I would love to play the game,but the always online part is an enormous turn off for since I frequently have problems with internet connection.
Not to mention that I always play on the highest or second highest difficulty setting while aming for a high rating, so the last thing I want is to lose my progess for no fault of my own.

While the always online system they have is by no means perfect (even though I've never had an issue with it), I will say that there are no difficulty levels this time round, and that the autosave system is pretty generous, and ticks every few minutes generally.

But since you favour the harder settings of the previous games, I'm guessing you don't really like saving mid-mission anyway.

justjim89

George Weidman (SuperBunnyhop) posted his review and kinda knocked it out of the park. He loves the game itself through and through, but absolutely despises the always online, the limited time nature of Elusive Targets and what all that represents. Great review. He also posits something that I'd never before considered really. Hitman games are truer game versions of Bond movies than any Bond game that has ever come out.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Season 2 Officially Confirmed!

• Same launcher from Season 1;
  • New locations and missions from Season 2 will be added to the base game we already have;
  • Unlocks from Season 1 will be available to be used on Season 2 and onwards;
  • New free content like Elusive Targets and Escalation Missions will still come to Season 1 maps even after Season 2 has already started;
  • Previous cities/countries could be revisited with a new location/mission.

Source [FR]: http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/...eu-revient-premiere-saison-ce-reboot-278124-1

Good to have an official confirmation for you all. I knew it officially since August.

I'd like to talk about the bolded part more, but I can't ;)

MUnited83

For you.
This opportunity does not trigger on anything at all, making it a true Groundhog Day event. Portman has one big loop and if nothing happens to the NPCs involved it will play out in the exactly same way every play session. If Portman leaves with the doctor and does the checkup himself (please try and see what happens to him!) it is lost forever until you restart.

Edit: It times out everytime if you don't follow it
That's the thing, the opportunity isn't, it shows itself as completed. Even without me interacting with Palmer at all.

MaKTaiL

Good to have an official confirmation for you all. I knew it officially since August.

Hi, HITMAN has been an awesome experience. After a few hours on the beta I HAD to pre-order it and it didn't disappoint. Definitely going to pre-order Season 2. Keep up the great work :)

Gonna be annoying when halfway through season 2, Paris will still be 90% of the elusive targets ;)

It's a combination of Paris being the level that everyone owns, and it being the level where it would make sense for almost any character to show up. All the rich and powerful and their hanger-ons.

Seriously, a storyless level that's just used for elusive targets would make sense. Give it to everyone so you don't lock episodic buyers out, and you don't have to make a season opener that's a clone of Paris.

Foffy

Banned

You in the know, broham?

Do you know because of the famous dataminer/leaker on the game, or are you aware of this from different channels? ;)

That's the thing, the opportunity isn't, it shows itself as completed. Even without me interacting with Palmer at all.

Alright. Seems like I have something to look into on monday. Do you know if it is set to completed already when you start the map btw? And what the other opportunities are set to as well? Thanks for the feedback!

MaKTaiL

Alright. Seems like I have something to look into on monday. Do you know if it is set to completed already when you start the map btw? And what the other opportunities are set to as well? Thanks for the feedback!
Hi, there's been a few reports of people not getting the trophy for achieving mastery rank 20 on Colorado and Hokkaido after the new update. You can find the thread on the Hitman Forums. I'm really close to doing so for Colorado and I would hate if the trophy glitches for me too. Keep up the great work :)

George Weidman (SuperBunnyhop) posted his review and kinda knocked it out of the park. He loves the game itself through and through, but absolutely despises the always online, the limited time nature of Elusive Targets and what all that represents. Great review. He also posits something that I'd never before considered really. Hitman games are truer game versions of Bond movies than any Bond game that has ever come out.

Yes, I liked that comparison a lot. It's totally true.

-Hitman has the globe-throttling adventure vibe going for it, vising exotic locations (Bangkok), European towns (Sapienza) and high tech looking places (Hokkaido).
-He mingles in vip night parties while he is infiltrating wearing a good looking tuxedo.
-The villains he has to kill are usually are media moguls, ex-spies, millionaires with dark secrets and other villains that could be perfectly Bond villains.
-The plot itself has spies, Interpol, secret agencies, international conspiracies and a shadow government.

Hi, there's been a few reports of people not getting the trophy for achieving mastery rank 20 on Colorado and Hokkaido after the new update. You can find the thread on the Hitman Forums. I'm really close to doing so for Colorado and I would hate if the trophy glitches for me too. Keep up the great work :)

We have more eyes on the HM forums so there is a high chance that this is already reported, but I'll follow this up anyway. Thanks for the info!

ArjanN

Eh, the elusive targets are fine as is. The limited nature makes them feel like an event and gives people incentive to jump in. It also complements the episodic nature of the game quite well.

The online nature feel like mostly a non-issue for me, I guess it sucks for the
people without internet.

Top Bottom