• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Deadstar

Has anyone done the ninja challenge yet. Managed to kill soders but have trouble killing the lawyer

There is a door about thirty feet in front of the entrance to her private suit. Hug the wall with a shuriken and wait for her to pass the door. She walks in front of the guards so you can take her out without anyone seeing. Just immediately close the door after throwing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love an escalation mode where upon completing one objective, a new one is presented with a new twist without resetting the level.

Also, a separate mode that's basically just endless procedurally generated objectives and modifiers without reloading the level.

Thanks guys yea I did the heart for soders

How do you do the sauna. I cleaned it but she never came back

Just wait for her to loop back around.

It's so great that they recorded voice acting for the guards and the Curator for when you
destroy
the heart and for when you
shoot
the heart.

"
Why is this heart full of holes?
" "
It must have been like that before
"

Also... it turns out there is a disposable scrambler in the actual level after all. That really saves an inventory slot because I think one should be enough for most runs.

It's fantastic. To me this feels like Hitman's signature track.

I love the part that starts around 0:58s.

There's a bunch of other great stuff, of course.

Hitman 2016 had some cool spy music but it was very forgettable.

I've been saying it since Bangkok, but if IO can somehow get Jesper Kyd back for the ambient soundtrack but kept the "new guy" (not sure who he or she is) on for original in-universe music (like this song), that would be amazing. But that'd probably go over their sound budget lol

Edit: Some more examples of the in-universe songs this season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GnEFC-CnY Silvio's Tape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71yVu6T2vxM The Fashion Show

Really wanting to jump on this now that all the eps are out. Has there been a proper sale yet? I don't expect it to be bomb prices but the digital copy in Canada is still 70$.

justjim89

I think for next season, having one target being found dead, accidentally or not, should permanently alter any other target's route. Novikov walking around all fine and dandy after his wife is drowned in a toilet or poisoned is pretty absurd.

thenexus6

Could you point me to some classic Hitman tracks as someone that's not familiar with earlier entries in the series?

Two of my personal favourites

H2 Action

H2 Exploration

I do like the soundtrack for this game, some of it is a little generic but tracks like this feel very Hitman to me.

Catwalk

Sanguine Bar

Sapienza Stoner Guy

Also, I can't find the exact tracks but the ET music, mission intro / briefing are great tracks too.

I will be buying the OST soon as its available.

I think for next season, having one target being found dead, accidentally or not, should permanently alter any other target's route. Novikov walking around all fine and dandy after his wife is drowned in a toilet or poisoned is pretty absurd.

Considering that Giant Bomb video they did, I doubt we see much on this front. They reiterated multiple times that they don't want to mess around with cyclical scripting too much because it just creates more opportunities for the scripting to break entirely.

At best we might get the target to go to the other's target location of death or in a brief target lockdown mode, but nothing too drastic.

SomTervo

Yeah there are a few continuity things. That does happen sometimes though right? Like in the Colorado level if
someone is found dead all the targets go to their own "safe house" area. Right?

I think there are just some levels that are more segmented than others.

Joeku

Yeah there are a few continuity things. That does happen sometimes though right? Like in the Colorado level if
someone is found dead all the targets go to their own "safe house" area. Right?

I think there are just some levels that are more segmented than others.

It's pretty easy to make continuity issues happen in levels where the targets relate to each other.

ie. Novikov will have a phone conversation near the patio with Margolis even if she's already dead.

It's pretty easy to make continuity issues happen in levels where the targets relate to each other.

ie. Novikov will have a phone conversation near the patio with Margolis even if she's already dead.

They fixed this it no longer happens, he now just grabs his phone and she doesn't pick up the phone.

Jeffrey

I love how the giantbomb folks completely misread the ending cutscene so bad, unless I'm wrong.
I assume the cutscene the 'terrorist' they was talking about that bearded dude from the last few cutscenes that had his scope on 47?

btw: what determines which CQC move you do from the front? Seems like sometimes 47 judo chops them in the jugular and knocks them out, and sometimes you do the QTE in which you have to run over and bop them in the face to knock out?

Is it about the enemy type?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

That's a good idea and would encourage a stealthy playthrough. If the body of a target is found, shit changes but when you hide the body everything stays the same.

Considering that Giant Bomb video they did, I doubt we see much on this front. They reiterated multiple times that they don't want to mess around with cyclical scripting too much because it just creates more opportunities for the scripting to break entirely.

At best we might get the target to go to the other's target location of death or in a brief target lockdown mode, but nothing too drastic.
While they're at it, maybe they can remove that fucking head turning shit that they introduced in the summer bonus update.

What's this?

Before the update, vision cones were fixed to the body positions of the NPCs, but with the update they made it so they can move their heads and thus shift their vision cones, only it isn't that easy to tell when it's going to happen or just how much they shifted their cone of vision.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Before the update, vision cones were fixed to the body positions of the NPCs, but with the update they made it so they can move their heads and thus shift their vision cones, only it isn't that easy to tell when it's going to happen or just how much they shifted their cone of vision.
Interesting. I've mostly played post update, I didn't realise it wasn't always this way.

I think the idea is good but their vision cone is too large, which sometimes allows them to spot you at unrealistic angles (like directly behind them).

I love how the giantbomb folks completely misread the ending cutscene so bad, unless I'm wrong.
I assume the cutscene the 'terrorist' they was talking about that bearded dude from the last few cutscenes that had his scope on 47?

btw: what determines which CQC move you do from the front? Seems like sometimes 47 judo chops them in the jugular and knocks them out, and sometimes you do the QTE in which you have to run over and bop them in the face to knock out?

Yeah, the bearded guy is the "shadow client"
who pulled the strings behind the first four missions. Neither Providence nor the ICA are happy about this, so Providence is going to hire the ICA to find and kill him.

Non-guards get knocked out with one punch, but guards will fight back.

Plus it gets harder and harder to keep "everyone acts like nothing is wrong" consistent. For Hokkaido, the hospital director doesn't register Yamazaki's death right now - after he finds out that Soders is dead he still frets about her finding out.

There should be opportunities or at least unique kills that are only available if one target knows another target is dead.

I love that 47 is a renaissance man who is an expert in every field except
DDR.

He actually stops if someone comes in. Because he's actually self-conscious about this one thing.

Why can't he stop automatically if someone comes in when you're doing something actually suspicious?

Moff

OMG! Have you guys seen this Portal 2 Easter Egg on Hokkaido? I'm hugely impressed by IOI now. You can see they are having fun making these levels and it is even better for us that are playing it. Can't wait for what they will do on Season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoWz4KsUPl8&feature=youtu.be

I got the ball to drop but didn't know what to do with it. is that really the end? just push it down the road? is there a challenge for that?

I want them to bring back the ability to push people down stairs. It was janky as fuck, but always hilarious to murder some important target by having them fall down a small staircase.

Also, the headbutt.
16ca3e5a61.gif

Demoskinos

Yo, has there been any word on when the Summer Bonus episode will be for purchase separately? Being someone who has bought all the episodes separately I've been jonesing to try that out since it released but its still locked behind the full experience shit.

Bebpo

Banned
Oh, that's because of the stairs. None of the normal animations work on stairs, so you can't get into a fistfight.

This explains so many glitches where characters get stuck on the stairs. Crazy. Wonder why the way stairs are handled in this game is so different.

Yo, has there been any word on when the Summer Bonus episode will be for purchase separately? Being someone who has bought all the episodes separately I've been jonesing to try that out since it released but its still locked behind the full experience shit.

They'll be available for purchase when the third bonus episode is released.

I want them to bring back the ability to push people down stairs. It was janky as fuck, but always hilarious to murder some important target by having them fall down a small staircase.

Also, the headbutt.
16ca3e5a61.gif

Yeah a push anywhere animation would be great, it would really round out some of the rough edges when it comes to fistfights and stuff like that.

Jeffrey

i'd still love multi takedown melees ala chain throwing in mgs5.

You kinda can already with how slow enemies react, but its clunky, like all melee.

hitman is all about options, so making melee better doesn't 'break the balance' in which billions of things in the game already does lol.

I think the biggest disappointment for me with hokkaido is, I kinda expected more from KAI, was expecting every person to be 'monitored' in which you can't even knock out people without her noticing until you 'disable' her first.

Guess that would make the mission way harder, but its still the season finale.

OMG! Have you guys seen this Portal 2 Easter Egg on Hokkaido? I'm hugely impressed by IOI now. You can see they are having fun making these levels and it is even better for us that are playing it. Can't wait for what they will do on Season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoWz4KsUPl8&feature=youtu.be

Man, I just tried doing that myself after seeing the video, but I could not kick the ball successfully past all the suspicious guards. So I broke into the director's office and decided to do the baseball bat challenge to clear the entire hospital.

Half an hour later, the coast was completely clear. ...Then I went back to the ball, and now it was glitched so that you can't touch it anymore.

Another melee issue from all the botched attempts at the baseball challenge: with context-sensitive melee, 47 still prioritizes snapping necks of unconscious people over attacking people firing guns at you. This challenge could have been done in half the time if not for that.

Finally dove in on the $15 starter pack and I am blown away by how much stuff there is in this game. So many options and ways to approach things, and all these challenges and extra stuff... stealth games aren't even really my thing but this game seems fantastic. Surprised it isn't getting more coverage / praise.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
47 in A New Life is like David Lynch's idea of death, creeping into the idyllic, almost 50s US town. Living in the gated community among them, a notorious criminal and his sex starved wife.

You hit the nail in the head. I've been thinking about earlier Hitman games and their yuxtaposition of how its settings are "clean" with the violent and terrible characters that are hidden within them, which is precisely what David Lynch does.

That aspect does seem to have been lost with this game though. Probably changes of the staff and all, but I do hope they do some retrospective to get some of that feeling back.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I think it's elevation but I'm not sure. I seem to get the jugular when they're on stairs.

Edit: oh, see it was answered above.

Chumley

Banned
47 in A New Life is like David Lynch's idea of death, creeping into the idyllic, almost 50s US town. Living in the gated community among them, a notorious criminal and his sex starved wife.

You've been peeking at the ideas I've been circulating for a 6-part Hitman TV series... A New Life is for sure one of the missions I'd take inspiration from for an episode, along with the rehab clinic guy who you can kill via barbell, the hotel mission in the original, and the opera house.

To me, Hitman has always been a video game property that could be adapted into something amazing as long as 47 isn't the main character. Turn him into the Anton Chigurh type he always has been, and make each episode about the target and why they've ended up where they have. The tricky part is figuring out a thread that needles the episodic nature through and gives a reason for the audience to care.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You've been peeking at the ideas I've been circulating for a 6-part Hitman TV series...

Oh, I've had my own ideas about that. Plenty of them. ;)

I'd... uh... I'd be game for working on something with ya. ;)

You hit the nail in the head. I've been thinking about earlier Hitman games and their yuxtaposition of how its settings are "clean" with the violent and terrible characters that are hidden within them, which is precisely what David Lynch does.

That aspect does seem to have been lost with this game though. Probably changes of the staff and all, but I do hope they do some retrospective to get some of that feeling back.

Yeah, its definitely a changing of the guard. I'm happy with the direction they're going, but would love to see a return to the seedy underbelly of older Hitman.

H2Yo

Does anyone know if the Hitman glitch where everything unlocks has been fixed?
I haven't touched Thailand/Colorado/Japan yet because the fun of the game is to work toward every challenge. Having them all unlock has kinda ruined the game for me.

Not sure if people have found the cause and if there is a way to avoid it?

I think the Black Mirror model would be perfect for a series like Hitman. Standalone stories with a connecting thread (tech out, genetically engineered assassin in). Could really scratch that itch for a more 'neutral' 47, morally speaking, when the targets and their struggles are the focus of the episode rather than 47 himself. Wishful thinking though. I think his live action escapades will be forever limited to action movies.

H1PSTER

Wow this last mission is hard!

I generally just have no idea where to go or what to do, I feel like my Hitman-Foo is weaker than it should be :(.

Top Bottom