• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Even the missions I initially wrote of (Marrakech and Bangkok) are really impressing me during my challenge / escalation runs. I just love walking through the markets.

Jeffrey

watching a youtube video for hokkaido and am genuinely impressed at how many extraordinarily violent ways you can kill the dude lol.

poor guy.

Kalor

I finished Hokkaido for the first time and it's a great map. It feels like a good way to wrap up the season. There is a ton of things that I noticed that I'm looking forward to doing in future runs.

Finished the last three episodes over the weekend. One of the best games I've played this decade. I'm planning on playing through all six episodes again without being as sloppy. For example,
I had to use the sniper rifle and the water tower for all four Colorado targets and got really careless once I got in the house.
I don't think I got a good rating on any mission except the last.

ev0

Did anyone's Elusive Target stats page glitch out?
Mine now says I never completed The Fixer (I did) but I still have the challenge for getting Silent Assassin on it.

Yeah, its definitely a changing of the guard. I'm happy with the direction they're going, but would love to see a return to the seedy underbelly of older Hitman.

Seems like this has as much to do with the current market as anything. There are plenty of sandbox games where you kill seedy mobsters and criminals. Like, Mafia III just came out.

And Dishonored has taken "seedy underbelly" in the stealth genre and run with it - the masquerade level from Dishonored 1 is the classic Hitman party mission taken to the next level, with the kind of setting that is both lavish and dark at the same time.

Finished the last three episodes over the weekend. One of the best games I've played this decade. I'm planning on playing through all six episodes again without being as sloppy. For example,
I had to use the sniper rifle and the water tower for all four Colorado targets and got really careless once I got in the house.
I don't think I got a good rating on any mission except the last.

The Colorado sniper route doesn't have to be messy - right after you start you have a chance to one-shot all the targets in rapid succession and get away even before the alarm is raised. No setup needed either, unlike all the other levels.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh, I've had my own ideas about that. Plenty of them. ;)

I'd... uh... I'd be game for working on something with ya. ;)

Man, I REALLY like this idea of a Columbo style show around Hitman. Making the character of 47 the big "mystery" instead of the protagonist sounds cool as hell. It'll nevr happen, obviously.

At least we got the awesome movies which are just as good, right? R-right?

The Colorado sniper route doesn't have to be messy - right after you start you have a chance to one-shot all the targets in rapid succession and get away even before the alarm is raised. No setup needed either, unlike all the other levels.

Oh, the sniping part was fine. It was once I had to get into the house that it got messy. I think I punched out five or six people on my way to the objective room.

Roni

Gold Member
Recently jumped back into the game after mastering Marrakesh and putting the game down for a while. Gotta say that, at first, I was sort of lazily putting off finishing the season and trying to convice myself I'm wasn't going to like how they finished it.

Gotta say, I'm glad I powered through that feeling: this game is truly amazing... I promised myself I wasn't gonna linger on levels like I did with the first three and would just play them once to get the story, but I can't help myself. I finished them once to get to the story and be able to talk about it, but I'm mastering those levels too.

It wasn't until I started playing it again that I remembered why I fell in love with this game in the first place: this is the sort of game that grows on you the more. I played the levels, got some cool unlocks and now I want to try them in those levels. Hell, I want to try old levels with the new unlocks.

In a year I've considered mostly lukewarm in terms of titles I wanted to play, this is definitely a title I'd consider for GotY.

justjim89

The movie thing is a shame, because the initial trailers made it seem like 47 would be something of an antagonist, with the protagonists fleeing from him. Then it ended up being even dumber than the Timothy Olyphant one.

Honestly, aside from a few dumb moments in the Timothy Olyphant movie like the swordfighting at the train scene, I really liked it >_>

Particularly, I enjoyed the opening and ending, it was pretty well constructed from a plot perspective in that regard.

Ludens

Banned
So episodic buyers only have to wait six months longer than full experience purchasers. And the people who buy physical will get it cheaper overall too for content that arrives at the same time. Wow.

One thing is sure, I won't give IO my money on launch for season 2 anymore. I paid more to receive less (compared to "full release" purchasers on January) and I need to wait three months to play the bonus episode too.

Meneses

Honestly, aside from a few dumb moments in the Timothy Olyphant movie like the swordfighting at the train scene, I really liked it >_>

Particularly, I enjoyed the opening and ending, it was pretty well constructed from a plot perspective in that regard.

This is basically how I feel.

ZeroX03

Banned
One thing is sure, I won't give IO my money on launch for season 2 anymore. I paid more to receive less (compared to "full release" purchasers on January) and I need to wait three months to play the bonus episode too.

I'll probably buy the whole season in advance. It's a shame but they fuck you hard for going episodic, but I like jumping in monthly for new locations and weekly for elusives.

Meneses

Being "screwed over" for buying into their proposed episodic format was one of my main disappointments with the overall experience, the other being the always online stuff.

This needs to be changed for season 2.

ZeroX03

Banned
Being "screwed over" for buying into their proposed episodic format was one of my main disappointments with the overall experience, the other being the always online stuff.

This needs to be changed for season 2.

Bonus Episodes should be free, and episodic players shouldn't have to wait six months longer. The message is clear, just like with always online, they have no intention to change their prickly approach. They keep doubling down. Buy it all in advance or wait for the season to finish unfortunately.

justjim89

Some of the shadier business model stuff I'd attribute to Square making sure they get their money since it seems as though the game hasn't been lighting up the sales charts.

Ludens

Banned
I'll probably buy the whole season in advance. It's a shame but they fuck you hard for going episodic, but I like jumping in monthly for new locations and weekly for elusives.

I bought the Full Experience, still you won't get pre-order dlcs and soundtrack if you don't purchase the game in January.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah it was announced full experience owners are getting the bonus stuff like a month ago.

Episodic buyers? Yeah...............

Foffy

Banned

Their communication on the content has always been pretty weak, but I believe it stabilized after the Bonus Episode nonsense.

It is a shame people have to pay more for it because they didn't bank on the game early on. The release model alone probably had people holding back for some time..

speaking of hokkaido, is there someone on staff that is a DDR fiend? The way that worker is animated... someone on staff really has the passion for those dancing games for sure

I personally played it A LOT back in the day. I guess the mockap performer did as well :)

There's got to be something going on with the aquarium, right? You can't even push someone in.

Of course, I'm usually on the complete wrong track with these things.

Not the aquarium, not as far as I know anyway. The one I'm thinking about will probably blow peoples minds. Quite literally. Well, digitally literally ;)

Jeffrey

hmmm still think its something to do with KAI.

Still feels mysteriously underused in this mission, including the portal 2 easter egg.

Do we know what the Bonus missions might be yet? Are they going to be part of an epilogue or something?

It would be cool if there is a holiday theme. Decorate some of the existing levels for Christmas. Give 47 a Santa suit and have him drop gift wrapped bombs down targets chimneys. lol.

CloudWolf

Do we know what the Bonus missions might be yet? Are they going to be part of an epilogue or something?

It would be cool if there is a holiday theme. Decorate some of the existing levels for Christmas. Give 47 a Santa suit and have him drop gift wrapped bombs down targets chimneys. lol.
You can play Blood Money if you want 47 as killer Santa.

Vic_Viper

I have the intro pack, can I buy the latest episode and play it without owning the rest? Hokkaido looks awesome but I cant buy the whole pack till i get paid.

MaKTaiL

So episodic buyers only have to wait six months longer than full experience purchasers. And the people who buy physical will get it cheaper overall too for content that arrives at the same time. Wow.
Disc users will be paying the same amount Full Experience buyers can pay for today.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I have the intro pack, can I buy the latest episode and play it without owning the rest? Hokkaido looks awesome but I cant buy the whole pack till i get paid.
You get a warning about the story (lol), but you should be fine.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes you can. But I think you might as well wait and buy the upgrade to the full experience when you get paid.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I'd wait till you get paid so you can snag the whole thing, that way you get the bonus missions also (which are quite fun)

DangerStepp

I just jumped into the new game this past weekend and am loving it.

My only complaint is that there's so much to each level that I have a hard time focusing on how I want to execute a hit.

Is there a 'right way' or agreed upon way of approaching each level. Should I leave the game default or turn off the opportunity indicators?

ArjanN

I just jumped into the new game this past weekend and am loving it.

My only complaint is that there's so much to each level that I have a hard time focusing on how I want to execute a hit.

Is there a 'right way' or agreed upon way of approaching each level. Should I leave the game default or turn off the opportunity indicators?

I think that's something you kind of have to answer for yourself. I usually just go with the opportunities the first time, as I feel that's what they're there for. Then on replays when you know the map more you can mix it up in your own way.

Jeffrey

yep. for the most part the opportunities guide you to worthwhile disguises, also beating missions 'lvls up' the mission which unlocks new starting locations which gives you opportunities.

It's still kinda weird that the ninja outfit location unlock for hokkaido doesn't allow you to bring stuff... like if you are infiltrating from outside, makes sense that you can bring a pistol or something :p

Randdalf

I avoid doing opportunities because you can really explore the map without the game hinting at what you should do. My first playthroughs of each map usually last like 2 hours as a result.

Top Bottom