• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

How much content is the first episode? I'm normally physical only when possible but I'm tempted to grab the first ep to tide me over until the physical version comes out.

justjim89

I've put about 8 hours in so far. Just did a rather unrefined Suit-Only run that was a definite challenge. I have no idea how someone can do this Suit-Only, Silent Assassin without spamming coins or glitches of some kind.

Went for Dalia first, just shimmied up the pipes, across the building, and hid behind her desk. When she came into that part of the floor, I threw the rubber ducky at her and killed her. Victor I found to be a lot harder. There aren't a lot of good chances to get him alone on his route, especially suit-only. Ended up waiting in the garden after his confrontation with the reporter. Threw a coin to distract his guard and fiber-wired him to get the piano man achievement. Of course, the whole crowd kinda saw me do it, so I had to book it for the exit. Ah well. A lesson learned.

There's still so much I haven't seen. Haven't even seen
the Sheik
yet, or some of the other apparent secret meetings going on in the level. Haven't found
the safe room, or the secret costume.

Mastery level 13 so far.

MUnited83

For you.
I've put about 8 hours in so far. Just did a rather unrefined Suit-Only run that was a definite challenge. I have no idea how someone can do this Suit-Only, Silent Assassin without spamming coins or glitches of some kind.

Went for Dalia first, just shimmied up the pipes, across the building, and hid behind her desk. When she came into that part of the floor, I threw the rubber ducky at her and killed her. Victor I found to be a lot harder. There aren't a lot of good chances to get him alone on his route, especially suit-only. Ended up waiting in the garden after his confrontation with the reporter. Threw a coin to distract his guard and fiber-wired him to get the piano man achievement. Of course, the whole crowd kinda saw me do it, so I had to book it for the exit. Ah well. A lesson learned.

There's still so much I haven't seen. Haven't even seen
the Sheik
yet, or some of the other apparent secret meetings going on in the level. Haven't found
the safe room, or the secret costume.

Mastery level 13 so far.

There's a few opportunities to kill him with an accident after killing Dalia. I will post a video of my Suit Only Silent Assassin run in a bit.

KingCookie5

Neo Member
Wow loving it so far. This is sure looking like a worth sequel to Blood Money. I've been hampered with disconnecting issues all day which is very frustrating but like others have said I have faith that IO will listen (every tweet they get us about that and they answer). It's going to be very interesting to see how they take the player feedback and change/evolve the game. Paris reaffirmed my decision to go with the full game purchase sight unseen. I am bummed though that it seems we can't customize weapons, or am I just missing something? Also the one thing I wish they would bring back was the post mission newspaper articles from BM, those were just the perfect recaps after doing a level.

XaosWolf

Bought this just to support the franchise. (and the alpha/beta was excellent)

After finishing the ICA missions normally, I wasn't really feeling it was worth the price.

Then I finished all the feats and challenges and thought "eh, theyre okay, but a little forced"

I've now just finished the first 5 Escalation missions. And they are FANTASTIC. The last one shattered my way of doing the previous 4.

I haven't even touched the Showstopper mission yet, but God damn if I'm not gonna get my money's worth with all the escalation stuff! =D

Foffy

Banned
How does one do the "Be Careful What You Wish For" Challenge? It's the only one I have left to do, next to donning all disguises. At least by general challenges..

Also, is it just me or are some Assassination Challenges buggy? The one with
the reporter didn't tick off for me the first time, and now I noticed Dalia's laptop one failed, too. Could it fail if you kill the bodyguard, spook her, and then kill her?

MUnited83

For you.
How does one do the "Be Careful What You Wish For" Challenge? It's the only one I have left to do, next to donning all disguises. At least by general challenges..

the reporter didn't tick off for me the first time, and now I noticed Dalia's laptop one failed, too. Could it fail if you kill the bodyguard, spook her, and then kill her?

Look at the image of the challenge. Then look at the title... it should become obvious :p

Look at the image again and think about the title of the challenge.

I think the laptop one fails if the auction is already over before you trigger it.

Edit: Shot a fire extinguisher to create a distraction. Then I immediately died because the explosion is huge.

Foffy

Banned
are you serious, LOL

toss a coin into the fountain and make a wish!

I thought it had to do with a character relating to the fountain, like the pottery one. I thought I had to lure someone to the fountain and then kill him.

Look at the image again and think about the title of the challenge.

I think the laptop one fails if the auction is already over before you trigger it.

Edit: Shot a fire extinguisher to create a distraction. Then I immediately died because the explosion is huge.

The auction has an ending? But nobody leaves except Helmut, if you let him live to speak to Dalia.

i noticed stuff like that too, like i wasn't able to
trigger the catwalk routine after the guy had already gave his speech

i was assuming everything was on a loop.

The auction has an ending? But nobody leaves except Helmut, if you let him live to speak to Dalia.

I'm guessing
the auction is implicitly over when the lights come back on and/or the auctioneer stops announcing items.

I think many events do end once you trigger something that causes them to end, like
the fashion show ending after the Sato speech - you will notice that no one is looking at the runway anymore.

There are also more subtle ways to trigger opportunities to end, like how
Kruger will not make his phone calls if you are standing nearby in the wrong outfit - you're allowed to be there, but he won't risk being overheard by the wrong person.

I was wondering, I i were to hold off till the game gets a full retail release, will I actually miss out on anything?

Are the Elusive Targets a timed event..as in, will they still be around in 2017?

MUnited83

For you.
I was wondering, I i were to hold off till the game gets a full retail release, will I actually miss out on anything?

Are the Elusive Targets a timed event..as in, will they still be around in 2017?

You won't be able to access the past elusive targets and escalation challenges, but the game will be continously updated with new ones after full release either way.

Moff

some of the challenges are either bugged or have requirements that are not stated

I did not get the sniper assassin to work, shooting novakov when he is on the stage took me a lot of tries and now I tried the camera explosive and the challenge does not pop up although I did everything correctly

MayMay

Banned
some of the challenges are either bugged or have requirements that are not stated

I did not get the sniper assassin to work, shooting novakov when he is on the stage took me a lot of tries and now I tried the camera explosive and the challenge does not pop up although I did everything correctly

Yeah, they're bugged. I had a challenge I clearly completed not unlock yesterday until I replayed the mission.

Jintor

I'm getting massive performance issues in crowds even with everything set to low, but it's not quite too bad since I never get in firefights... but a lot of temp stuttering especially if I play for long periods of time. Sigh. I'll upgrade in a half year or so I guess.

Anyway, the only real bug I ran into was that you can flash your invitation to get to the second level, but the moment you ditch the suit (I mugged a waiter) the game forgets you ever had an invitation. Went back to get my suit after drowning Dahlia and ruined my silent assassin run since I got 'seen trespassing' the second I opened the door.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
For those concerned about Contracts, Travis, the community manager from IO, just posted this on HitmanForums:

I know that there will be improvements to Contracts Mode coming, yes.

I also know that when we invited fans in to create the contracts featured at launch, specific weapon requirements was their number one piece of feedback too.

The Contracts team know about this and I'm sure we'll have more to say about it for future updates.

I'm sure the server issues are taking priority right now.

I've completed all five escalations in the Snorranson Ascension but the relevant Feat hasn't unlocked. Why's that? Also, the "complete 10 escalations" Feat - how do I unlock that?

MayMay

Banned
I've completed all five escalations in the Snorranson Ascension but the relevant Feat hasn't unlocked. Why's that? Also, the "complete 10 escalations" Feat - how do I unlock that?

I had the exact same thing.. what I had to do is replay the last escalation level and then the feat properly unlocked. Challenge system is really buggy atm..

And I suppose the "complete 10 escalations" feat will be unlockable as soon as the next escalation mission is released

Just had a disconnect not even 10 seconds into a game on PS4. I was picking up the coins and bomb at the start of the freeform training and it kicked me back to the main menu. TEN. Seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obyqZ_XAxe8

Right after this it disconnected me again while in the middle of the briefing cutscene, before I even got in control of 47! The PS4 wouldn't let me save that video, though.

This is beyond a joke. I can't actually play the game since there's no point when nothing counts towards challenges & feats and such.

Hopefully the reason for the server woes is because the game sold way better than they were expecting.

But it's more likely a combination of them being tightarses and having a bad design for their back end.

BibiMaghoo

Hopefully the reason for the server woes is because the game sold way better than they were expecting.

But it's more likely a combination of them being tightarses and having a bad design for their back end.

I wouldn't mind were it not for the challenges. There is zero good reasons for keeping them online. You do not tarnish everyone's playing experience in order to preserve leaderboard scores, that is very foolish. They should have been recorded offline and uploaded to the servers if they wanted the data. Other games have done this for a decade. I understand when it's an online event that doesn't allow saving and such, but single player? A failure in design.

See above.
Ugh...

I want to enjoy this but it's doing its best to stop me.

I wouldn't mind were it not for the challenges. There is zero good reasons for keeping them online. You do not tarnish everyone's playing experience in order to preserve leaderboard scores, that is very foolish. They should have been recorded offline and uploaded to the servers if they wanted the data. Other games have done this for a decade. I understand when it's an online event that doesn't allow saving and such, but single player? A failure in design.
A million times this. I'm fine with the online aspect as long as it only affects features that absolutely need to be online.

Jintor

oh that's cool just got booted from a mission on PC

yeah no. fuck that

why would you make such a great game and connect it to this bullshit

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Vampire Magician outfit
lol. Going to guard posts with this on is funny, the guards say some great lines. Anyone found a use for it?

eUiOBx.png

NIN90

Haven't really kept up with this game. Is the first episode really just the tutorial and the fashion event mission plus the side stuff?

Finished the Paris mission following a string of mistakes. But it was great all around.

Ended up killing both of them with a screwdriver to the neck. Now... to actually be stealthy.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the Paris mission following a string of mistakes. But it was great all around.

Ended up killing both of them with a screwdriver to the neck. Now... to actually be stealthy.

I got pissed off because my game kept disconnecting last night I ended up throwing an axe in Victor's face.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Oh, fuck this.

He's just about to pull the ejector seat and then I'm booted from the server.

Pleased I only bought Episode 1, they won't be getting anymore of my money.

Paris level 20 master get. It was fun.

I'm a little pissed off by some negative reviews I've read. True, always-on DRM are bullshit, but it's probably the best Hitman I've played since Blood Money and still better than no Hitman at all. Talk about a toxic fandom.

Valravn

Paris level 20 master get. It was fun.

I'm a little pissed off by some negative reviews I've read. True, always-on DRM are bullshit, but it's probably the best Hitman I've played since Blood Money and still better than no Hitman at all. Talk about a toxic fandom.

Yeah, if you disable Instinct it's basically Blood Money. I really like it. But if disconnects happen often i understand why people are displeased. I also don't understand why this game has always-online DRM. It's a single player game!

Drewsky

The first night of release the servers weren't working but since then I've had no problems with disconnects or crashes. Just slowness in the menus, which is a little annoying but seems like something that could be ironed out.

I'm loving the game. I really like what they're doing with it, Contracts and the Escalation missions are really fun and will probably keep me busy playing for a while. I kind of assumed that I would play the main mission and then just move on to other games till the next installment comes out.

One of my favorite moments was on one of my first run throughs of the Paris mission I was dressed as maintenance staff scaling the walls of the building and on one of the balconies a party goer saw me hanging and said, "why would he be doing that?" I laughed.

Yeah, if you disable Instinct it's basically Blood Money. I really like it. But if disconnects happen often i understand why people are displeased. I also don't understand why this game has always-online DRM. It's a single player game!

Is it really always online DRM? I mean contracts you gotta stay online, they're an online feature. Being disconnected sucks but you can play offline too.

Nimajneb

Sometimes it sucks how the player's position affects enemy scripting. Stuff like Novikov waiting for you before he comes down the stairs, and the auction not starting until you arrive is okay. But things like Novikov changing his routine because you've gone upstairs can be problematic.

I set up the
electrical death trap
, then sneaked around the building and climbed a drainpipe up to the top floor. I then sat there on the balcony for minutes waiting for him to die, but it never happened. Climbing up a pipe changed his route. You literal wait to wait around and watch to make sure he dies.

Talk about a toxic fandom.

Sure, expecting video games not to random kick you back to the menu screen, causing you to lose all your progress, sure is unreasonable. What entitled brats.

Top Bottom