• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Szadek

My PC is ever so slightly under the minimum requierments:
Dedicated Video RAM: 1.9 GB instead of 2048 MB (lol)
More importantly:
I have Intel core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz and I need Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

Actually there was an escalation on Marrakesh that required me to kill a guard with a Shotgun. After I killed him suddenly I was tasked with hiding his body inside a specific container. It wasn't ever listed on the escalation conditions. I think they are experimenting on dynamic escalations with these and it would be totally awesome. Some people suggested they do an infinite escalation mode where everytime you are presented with a new random harder target or task until you fail or die without having to reload the game.

I think these hidden objectives are great way to shake up our expectations. Just like Colorado story mission for example. After killing the 4 targets suddenly I was asked to infiltrate the hidden room inside the house. I was like: "Ahhhh, I finally killed them all and can extract safely! Wait a minute..... It's not over?!"

I played that escalation (The Ignatiev Integrity) when it came out and again recently after I got the silenced shotgun, and the body container was definitely listed before the mission started. But I did notice that more recently it's not listed anymore.

So it looks like there is a "cascade" system now for one objective to trigger after another. This could be a good feature for escalations or even the occasion elusive (probably too restrictive for story missions).

Jeffrey

New Hokkaido Horror Easter Egg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb4d...ature=youtu.be<q class="ytm_descr ytm_block" data-full="Occasionally, 47 comes across some strange goings on during his missions. Today was no different as he saw Hokkaido get obliterated as he was infiltrating the hospital. Climbing the building also gets you the 'Impossible Heights' feat.

Thanks to JJGAMESTER for this.

MAP DIRECTIONS:
1. (from start point) Left to 8th panel
2. Left to edge of panel
3. Left across wood to edge of panel (there is snow two panels right)
4. Right, up 5 panels
5. Right, to where wood touches panel and forms a "V"
6. Right, halfway down panel in front of waterfall
7. Left to edge
8. Left to where 11th panel touches wood
9. Left to where wood makes V (point should touch right foot)
10. Angle Right, walkup 3 panels on wood (including starting one)
11.Right, walk 7 paces on panel
12. Right, head to bouncing light

Any time you see the light disappear before you get there, go back to the starting point." title="Click to toggle the length of the description.">Occasionally, 47 comes across some strange goings on during his missions. Today was no different as he saw Hokkaido get obliterate . . .

how do you even find this? are there hints in the mission that lead to this?

Was dead set on buying Dishonored 2 right about now but after reading about bad performance on PC I'm starting to consider buying the season 1 of this instead. I guess I should look into how the performance is right now on PC (I have a 970/16gb ram/i7-4790k).

I run hitman on a 970 / 16gb / similar CPU, runs 60-90 fps no problem at 1440p with gSync with one or two options tweaked down a bit. Make sure to run DX11, the DX12 version (of every game) is an absolute mess on nvidia cards. You choose the DirectX in the launcher.

Definitely the PC version is the ultimate, load/save times are super fast and it looks stunning. I play with a controller (xbox one elite), zero problems. Its a steam game so the steam controller or dualshock 4 should work just fine too.

150+ hours into Hitman so far so yeah I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

how do you even find this? are there hints in the mission that lead to this?

The only hint is that the bouncing light appears or disappears depending on where you walk. It's just trial and error based on that.

Also, you can't climb onto the roof unless you are the ninja. Even then, no part of the roof or the way to climb up is highlighted in instinct - you could only find this by accidentally walking near it and seeing the prompt.

Joeku

The only hint is that the bouncing light appears or disappears depending on where you walk. It's just trial and error based on that.

Also, you can't climb onto the roof unless you are the ninja. Even then, no part of the roof or the way to climb up is highlighted in instinct - you could only find this by accidentally walking near it and seeing the prompt.

Yeah until I saw that just now I had no idea you could get on the roof. Also, what shape does that path draw? It has to be something.

Actually there was an escalation on Marrakesh that required me to kill a guard with a Shotgun. After I killed him suddenly I was tasked with hiding his body inside a specific container. It wasn't ever listed on the escalation conditions. I think they are experimenting on dynamic escalations with these and it would be totally awesome. Some people suggested they do an infinite escalation mode where everytime you are presented with a new random harder target or task until you fail or die without having to reload the game.

I think these hidden objectives are great way to shake up our expectations. Just like Colorado story mission for example. After killing the 4 targets suddenly I was asked to infiltrate the hidden room inside the house. I was like: "Ahhhh, I finally killed them all and can extract safely! Wait a minute..... It's not over?!"
I encountered that container thing too. Personally, I think it's absolute bullshit to let the player fail because you decided to arbitrarily hide a failure condition (first time I did it, it failed after he got body bagged).

Well, it turns out that Soders can never trigger Body Found no matter how you kill him. I just blew him up and got Silent Ninja anyway.

You could actually get Silent Assassin with only explosives in this level.

I encountered that container thing too. Personally, I think it's absolute bullshit to let the player fail because you decided to arbitrarily hide a failure condition (first time I did it, it failed after he got body bagged).

The thing is, I remember that the condition was never hidden until the Episode 6 update. Maybe the code for the Cascade complication hiding an objective caused this one to change too.

Just re installed this on my Pro. Waiting for that pro patch..

It's already out. You can tell because it has a cleaner image but softer due to AA or post processing they added. The load times feel quicker, the menus work without lag (thank the Lord) and the uncapped FPS is much better across the board.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played that escalation (The Ignatiev Integrity) when it came out and again recently after I got the silenced shotgun, and the body container was definitely listed before the mission started. But I did notice that more recently it's not listed anymore.

So it looks like there is a "cascade" system now for one objective to trigger after another. This could be a good feature for escalations or even the occasion elusive (probably too restrictive for story missions).

Colorado effectively has this.

Gacha-pin

Any PS4 Pro users out there can share if the game already has the patch ready for it? How is the game looking?

took some screenshots on pro. I think option menu is a bit snappier...
1478870840-hitman-tm-20161111221619.png

1478870841-hitman-tm-20161111221546.png

1478870835-hitman-tm-20161111221854.png

MaKTaiL

took some screenshots on pro. I think option menu is a bit snappier...

Ok, I tried replicating your pictures on my Standard PS4 for comparison. Am I crazy or does the normal PS4 actually look better/sharper? Black seems to be washed out on Pro as well, maybe you are not using Full RGB setting as I am. Here they are:

skynidas

Banned
i can take some screenshots and upload to a site that does not compress it like that. the performance is certainly better with the PRO

Symphonia

Banned
i can take some screenshots and upload to a site that does not compress it like that. the performance is certainly better with the PRO
Not really for my benefit as I have Hitman and Pro myself, but I'm sure others would like to see. Cube Upload or Abload are best for image uploads.

I thought a ranking for escalation difficulty might help people approach them more easily, since there are so many now.

Here's my (subjective) attempt. All difficulty ratings are based on escalation level 5 (sometimes level 4, because Wild Card sometimes makes level 5 easier). Also, short descriptions as a reminder of what each one was about.

Very easy: can be brute-forced with no pressure and no real risk of failure.
- The Osterman Mosaic (The Showstopper) - saber and lasers
- The Marsden Isotopy (The Showstopper) - shotgun bartenders
- The Ezekiel Paradox (The Showstopper) - waiter explosion
- The Sigma Illusion (World of Tomorrow) - chef and laptop
- The Szilassi Darkness (World of Tomorrow) - sniper headshots
- The Scorpio Directive (World of Tomorrow) - Sapienza lasers

Easy: can be mostly brute-forced but there is some pressure and you can fail if you don't know what you're doing.
- The Snorrason Ascension (The Final Test) - colonel and soldier
- The Einarsson Inception (Guided Training) - Norfolk and guard
- The Mandelbulb Requiem (The Showstopper) - laptop and lasers
- The Granville Curiosity (The Showstopper) - toilet puzzle
- The Hexagon Protocol (The Showstopper) - garden landmines
- The Videl Cataclysm (The Showstopper) - hot disguise
- The Apeiron Sadness (World of Tomorrow) - triple explosions
- The Selmone Mimesis (World of Tomorrow) - wine cellar kills

Average: requires moderate setup or tricky steps or execution, but no real risk of failure once you know what you're doing.
- The Holmwood Disturbance (The Showstopper) - vampire magician
- The Gemini Fiasco (The Showstopper) - Kruger and Sato
- The Shapiro Omen (The Showstopper) - body hiding puzzle
- The Perkins Disarray* (The Showstopper) - auction sabotage
- The Teague Temptation (The Showstopper) - balcony push
- The Scarlatti Covenant (World of Tomorrow) - three minutes
- The Andersen Animosity* (World of Tomorrow) - saber, PI, psychologist (hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Kilie Agitation (A Gilded Cage) - shisha cafe kills
- The Sokoloff Sophistication (A Gilded Cage) - shoe shop kills
- The Ataro Caliginosity (A House Built on Sand) - fortune teller and bodyguards

Hard: requires heavy setup, difficult steps or high-level execution, and/or you can fail even if you know what you're doing.
- The Kerner Disquiet (The Showstopper) - loud weapons
- The Seeger Beguilement (The Showstopper) - cameraman accidents
- The Gladwyn Simulacrum (World of Tomorrow) - rapid elimination streak
- The Eccleston Illumination (World of Tomorrow) - plague katana
- The Agana Abyss (The Icon) - shotguns or explosions
- The Ignatiev Integrity (A Gilded Cage) - fire, safe, shotgun
- The Lupei Sensitivity* (A Gilded Cage) - masseur and laptop (very hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Reziko Conundrum (A Gilded Cage) - shopkeeper, repairmen, landmines
- The Somsak Equation (Club 27) - bodies in freezer

Very hard: there is no trick to these, there is a high risk of failure, and it all comes down to your skills.
- The Kotti Paradigm (The Showstopper) - battle axe, suit only
- The Mallory Misfortune (Freedom Fighters) - deadly stalker
- The Meiko Incarnation (Situs Inversus) - ninja style cascade

Bullshit: even with perfect skills and execution, high risk of failure or tedium due to factors outside your control.
- The Wetzel Determination (The Showstopper) - impossible body hiding
- The Adamoli Fascination (The Showstopper) - mined exits

*All escalations marked with * use a particular kind of complication: there are mandatory disguises that can normally only be taken from NPCs, but you are not allowed to knock anyone out. You have only two choices in any of these escalations: kill NPCs for disguises and receive a penalty, or find the extra copy of the required disguise(s) hidden somewhere in the level just for this escalation. Be warned that the second option will always require very risky maneuvers and/or massive detours, making silent assassin runs of these escalations extra-hard.

Feel free to suggest adjustments - I haven't played some of these in a while, and I always go for silent assassin (but I'm trying to do these ratings for people who don't necessarily care about that).

I thought a ranking for escalation difficulty might help people approach them more easily, since there are so many now.

Here's my (subjective) attempt. All difficulty ratings are based on escalation level 5 (sometimes level 4, because Wild Card sometimes makes level 5 easier).

Very easy: can be brute-forced with no real risk of failure.
- The Osterman Mosaic (The Showstopper)
- The Marsden Isotopy (The Showstopper)
- The Ezekiel Paradox (The Showstopper)
- The Sigma Illusion (World of Tomorrow)
- The Szilassi Darkness (World of Tomorrow)
- The Scorpio Directive (World of Tomorrow)

Easy: can be mostly brute-forced but you can fail if you don't know what you're doing.
- The Snorrason Ascension (The Final Test)
- The Einarsson Inception (Guided Training)
- The Mandelbulb Requiem (The Showstopper)
- The Granville Curiosity (The Showstopper)
- The Hexagon Protocol (The Showstopper)
- The Videl Cataclysm (The Showstopper)
- The Selmone Mimesis (World of Tomorrow)

Average: requires tricky steps or execution, but no real risk of failure once you know what you're doing.
- The Holmwood Disturbance (The Showstopper)
- The Gemini Fiasco (The Showstopper)
- The Shapiro Omen (The Showstopper)
- The Perkins Disarray (The Showstopper)
- The Teague Temptation (The Showstopper)
- The Apeiron Sadness (World of Tomorrow)
- The Scarlatti Covenant (World of Tomorrow)
- The Andersen Animosity (World of Tomorrow)
- The Kilie Agitation (A Gilded Cage)
- The Sokoloff Sophistication (A Gilded Cage)
- The Ataro Caliginosity (A House Built on Sand)

Hard: requires difficult steps or high-level execution, and/or you can fail even if you know what you're doing.
- The Kerner Disquiet (The Showstopper)
- The Seeger Beguilement (The Showstopper)
- The Gladwyn Simulacrum (World of Tomorrow)
- The Eccleston Illumination (World of Tomorrow)
- The Agana Abyss (The Icon)
- The Ignatiev Integrity (A Gilded Cage)
- The Lupei Sensitivity (A Gilded Cage) *(very hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Reziko Conundrum (A Gilded Cage)
- The Somsak Equation (Club 27)

Very hard: there is no trick to these, there is a high risk of failure, and it all comes down to your skills.
- The Kotti Paradigm (The Showstopper)
- The Mallory Misfortune (Freedom Fighters)
- The Meiko Incarnation (Situs Inversus)

Bullshit: even with perfect skills and execution, high risk of failure or tedium due to factors outside your control.
- The Wetzel Determination (The Showstopper)
- The Adamoli Fascination (The Showstopper)

Feel free to suggest adjustments - I haven't played some of these in a while, and I always go for silent assassin (but I'm trying to do these ratings for people who don't necessarily care about that).

Awesome, thanks

TheKeyPit

Banned

Here's my (subjective) attempt. All difficulty ratings are based on escalation level 5 (sometimes level 4, because Wild Card sometimes makes level 5 easier).

Easy: can be mostly brute-forced but there is some pressure and you can fail if you don't know what you're doing.

Average: requires moderate setup or tricky steps or execution, but no real risk of failure once you know what you're doing.
- The Andersen Animosity (World of Tomorrow) *(hard if you want silent assassin)

Hard: requires heavy setup, difficult steps or high-level execution, and/or you can fail even if you know what you're doing.
- The Lupei Sensitivity (A Gilded Cage) *(very hard if you want silent assassin)

Nice list.

Joeku

- The Andersen Animosity (World of Tomorrow) *(hard if you want silent assassin)

Kudos! Well done!

As for suggestions: I just played The Apeiron Sadness for the first time...and it was super easy. All it needs is a couple explosives and of the three targets at level 5, only one is anywhere near a civilian (the killing of which fails the level). Anything that would separate them when thrown (which is pretty much any item) would make that complication meaningless. I ended up doing all five levels together in around twenty minutes. Maybe fifteen.

I'd move it to Easy tier: you brute force the shit out of that, especially since it's all in explosions. No stealth in that bad boy.

Kudos! Well done!

As for suggestions: I just played The Apeiron Sadness for the first time...and it was super easy. All it needs is a couple explosives and of the three targets at level 5, only one is anywhere near a civilian (the killing of which fails the level). Anything that would separate them when thrown (which is pretty much any item) would make that complication meaningless. I ended up doing all five levels together in around twenty minutes. Maybe fifteen.

I'd move it to Easy tier: you brute force the shit out of that, especially since it's all in explosions. No stealth in that bad boy.

Yeah, you're right. I just remember being frustrated because I couldn't find a clean way to do it.

I also added short descriptions, since the titles don't tell you much.

DukeBobby

I would definitely put The Mallory Misfortune (Freedom Fighters) in the bullshit column.

That damn stalker knows exactly where you are (or the general area where you are) even when he's never spotted you.

Vic_Viper

Anyone see any Black Friday deals for Hitman season 1?

Really want to pick up the rest of the season but would like to find the best deal possible. Im not in any rush to get it, but would really like to check it out soon.

The_Balm

Really want to pick up the rest of the season but would like to find the best deal possible. Im not in any rush to get it, but would really like to check it out soon.

I'm in the same boat. It's looks great, but I'm not sure if I should wait for a sale.

Randdalf

I would definitely put The Mallory Misfortune (Freedom Fighters) in the bullshit column.

That damn stalker knows exactly where you are (or the general area where you are) even when he's never spotted you.

I don't know, the stalker was never an issue for me. As long as he doesn't have line of sight I don't think he follows you. Also, the NPC picking up weapons mechanic was really useful for that escalation. I'd never actually seriously used that mechanic before, but now I realise how powerful it is.

DQDQDQ

I haven't noticed any but I wouldn't expect to either. Digital only titles aren't exactly a big sale item for retail stores. And that's not even considering that they are unlikely to offer a big discount ahead of the disc based version that releases at the end of January. If they want $60 for the disc, they can't be slashing the digital price now.

My subtitles on PC have intermittently stopped working - no subtitles at all anywhere in the game. Weird.

By the end I decided it's not actually that bad. Sometimes you're hiding and it looks like he's coming straight for you, but if you sit tight and stay hidden, he actually just stops and walks away. I suspect this behavior is for intentionally building suspense.

Anyone know when the next elusive target is?

Next week.

DukeBobby

By the end I decided it's not actually that bad. Sometimes you're hiding and it looks like he's coming straight for you, but if you sit tight and stay hidden, he actually just stops and walks away. I suspect this behavior is for intentionally building suspense.

True, but he always tended to do that when I was seconds away from killing the target, potentially catching me in the act.

It was only level 4 where he was an issue for me. Level 5 was incredibly easy.

Dina

For some reason, the Colorado main mission does not pop for me (the end where you investigate intel in the secret bunker), meaning I cannot complete that mission.

I hope this gets patched soon. Apparently this bug started appearing in the Hokkaido patch, but I have not seen a lot of mention of this bug (1 thread).

Joeku

I'm not sure why, but the "do all opportunities in Paris" achievement won't unlock for me. I have all of the individual challenges related to the achievements done, but yet, I dunno.

And only on Paris, whenever I get my first kill on a run, the "Master Assassin" challenge pops, despite me having cleared it months ago. I wonder if those are interrelated, or if Paris is just kind of borked for me.

I'm not sure why, but the "do all opportunities in Paris" achievement won't unlock for me. I have all of the individual challenges related to the achievements done, but yet, I dunno.

And only on Paris, whenever I get my first kill on a run, the "Master Assassin" challenge pops, despite me having cleared it months ago. I wonder if those are interrelated, or if Paris is just kind of borked for me.

I'm having the same problem with that Master Assassin challenge. Only on Paris as well from what I can tell.

As for the opportunities, did you make sure to do each and every step? I've found that you can complete the opportunity but if you didn't make sure each step was checked off before moving onto the next it doesn't count it as having been completed.

Megasoum

Banned
So what's the cheapest way to get the whole thing on PC right now? Just buy the package on Steam?

I assume there's no deals floating around?

ArjanN

I'm having the same problem with that Master Assassin challenge. Only on Paris as well from what I can tell.

As for the opportunities, did you make sure to do each and every step? I've found that you can complete the opportunity but if you didn't make sure each step was checked off before moving onto the next it doesn't count it as having been completed.

Yeah, i remember having that issue in Marrakesh, I think it's because it's sometimes possible to skip steps in the opportunities.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The burn or crash target in the Colorado escalation sure would make a lot more sense if it was the mechanic with a path into two primo areas :p

Is there a good way of dealing with that guy that doesn't involve leading him there with thrown items or dragging him?

So what's the cheapest way to get the whole thing on PC right now? Just buy the package on Steam?

I assume there's no deals floating around?

No deals right now - the deepest discount was 10% on the whole package last month just before episode 6.

The burn or crash target in the Colorado escalation sure would make a lot more sense if it was the mechanic with a path into two primo areas :p

Is there a good way of dealing with that guy that doesn't involve leading him there with thrown items or dragging him?

Oh, level 3 wouldn't be much of a complication if level 2 was that easy.

My go-to method is to lead him there by dropping guns in his path, which is much more predictable (but I also had to throw something to make him see the second gun). You do have to remove two people from the area, which conveniently gives you two extra guns.

Top Bottom