• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MaKTaiL

Is the "No Smoking" opportunity on Hokkaido bugged? I got the pack of cigarettes and it later tells me to go inside Yamazaki's Room to change her pack. The problem is that the Room is almost impenetrable and I just found another place I can put her new pack at (at the restaurant). Why does the opportunity lead me to the worst place possible instead of the restaurant?

No difference except cosmetic. It just lets you have two if you need it.
Yeah, definitely useful on Colorado.

Is the "No Smoking" opportunity on Hokkaido bugged? I got the pack of cigarettes and it later tells me to go inside Yamazaki's Room to change her pack. The problem is that the Room is almost impenetrable and I just found another place I can put her new pack at (at the restaurant). Why does the opportunity lead me to the worst place possible instead of the restaurant?

There's more than one NPC who will react to the cigarettes. The opportunity is specific to Yamazaki, the restaurant isn't.

Well, there are a lot of ways for this opportunity to play out and I guess they just had to pick a particular route (there are at least
five
packs of cigarettes in the level). Also, your options actually change depending on which empty pack you replace.

I think No Smoking is actually the least hand-holding opportunity in the whole game. Even when you follow all the steps, you might not get a clean kill unless you go the extra mile.

There's more than one NPC who will react to the cigarettes. The opportunity is specific to Yamazaki, the restaurant isn't.

And I didn't even know about that part!

MaKTaiL

Well, there are a lot of ways for this opportunity to play out and I guess they just had to pick a particular route (there are at least
five
packs of cigarettes in the level). Also, your options actually change depending on which empty pack you replace.

I think No Smoking is actually the least hand-holding opportunity in the whole game. Even when you follow all the steps, you might not get a clean kill unless you go the extra mile.

And I didn't even know about that part!
Thanks for answering guys :)

KingKong

Monday, I believe? They said one every other week this month, IIRC.

I'm more interested in the elusive unlock update they teased. I assume they want to do something so that people who are buying the full game still have a chance to unlock suits

Next Update
We are already close to releasing another game update within the next few weeks, hopefully earlier. This update will include a new reward system for Elusive Targets. There will be more suit unlocks and new ways to unlock them. All of these details, as well as release notes will accompany that update.

Foffy

Banned
I'm more interested in the elusive unlock update they teased. I assume they want to do something so that people who are buying the full game still have a chance to unlock suits

They also said more suit unlocks are in the works, too.

I think they're revising the suit unlocks for missed targets, but I'd rather they make the unlocks for those who played the ETs while they were active, and then "cue" older missions.

This way, the suits and the incentive is there, but the content doesn't die and have to depend on hacking the game...

Missing the Steam achievement for 20 Mastery on Colorado even though I have that in game..also missing the feat for doing the Colorado escalation despite doing all of it. That map don't like me

Gacha-pin

Are these 4K or downsampled to 1080p?

I played it on 1080p with a 1080pTV. The game doesn't have any graphic option for pro (to 1080p users at lease). I don't think the images I posted compressed by the site. I'm not sure if the share screenshot represents what you see on your monitor though.

MaKTaiL

New suits have been spotted on Hitman Wikia! We might see them all in the next update. How to unlock them is still a mystery but one user on Reddit suggested some of the level only suits to be unlocked with gloves when you achieve Silent Assassin/Suit Only on that level. I posted some of them below. You can find more on this link: http://m.imgur.com/a/TnAZP

thgYWcql.jpg
jB14zQVl.jpg

tvdZ18ll.jpg
zeqyAJ9l.jpg

cQRQJ3zl.jpg
8KvN4Twl.jpg

Source: http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Suit

derFeef

Fresh to this game, but I love it.
I kinda feel guilty using the full opportunity hints, but then otherwise I think I would miss out on so much! How do you all play this game? HUD, hints, and stuff like that :)

First one looks great, always wanted to see 47 with a longer coat. Second looks like the suit from the hotel/library section of Absolution. Lol at that third one though, it's just the Colorado outfit with a hat photoshopped on top of it.

Foffy

Banned
I only really like the first suit.

The second is a cute throwback to Absolution.

The third one looks awful, for it's just Colorado's suit with a hat.

The fourth suit is already in the game; it's the unselectable Prologue suit. It's the one 47 starts the game with.

MaKTaiL

First one looks great, always wanted to see 47 with a longer coat. Second looks like the suit from the hotel/library section of Absolution. Lol at that third one though, it's just the Colorado outfit with a hat photoshopped on top of it.
It is not photoshopped, it also has gloves. Most of the new ones are level suits with gloves. The two unique ones might be Elusive unlocks and the rest, like I said, might be suits you unlock by achieving Silent Assassin/Suit only in each level.

I only really like the first suit.

The second is a cute throwback to Absolution.

The third one looks awful, for it's just Colorado's suit with a hat.

The fourth suit is already in the game; it's the unselectable Prologue suit. It's the one 47 starts the game with.
4th one is also in the game, in the opening where you walk on the helipad.

It is different though, it has gloves whereas the one you start with doesn't. Also take a look at the link I posted, there are more suits.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

4th one is also in the game, in the opening where you walk on the helipad.

DrBo42

Picked the complete season up on a whim. Bit of a Hitman noob, is it difficult to get into? Any suggestions on how I should approach the series? Turn off assistance stuff etc?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It is not photoshopped, it also has gloves. Most of the new ones are level suits with gloves. The two unique ones might be Elusive unlocks and the rest, like I said, might be suits you unlock by achieving Silent Assassin/Suit only in each level.

It is different though, it has gloves whereas the one you start with doesn't. Also take a look at the link I posted, there are more suits.

Oh, did he not have gloves there? huh.

Interesting that the link also has the trench coat without gloves. Wonder where that whole outfit is coming from...maybe the final bonus episode actually has it.

MaKTaiL

Picked the complete season up on a whim. Bit of a Hitman noob, is it difficult to get into? Any suggestions on how I should approach the series? Turn off assistance stuff etc?
Play the tutorial missions with all the options on default and see if you like it. If you feel like you can still play with Opportunities off then do it.

Jintor

For my money the best way to play is

a) get a good general handle on the way this game handles certain systems like suspicion, illegal weapons, disguises etc. Use the training levels for this imho.

b) once you get comfortable with the systems, turn all the hint stuff off the first time you play a map and just explore. Don't play with opportunities because then the game kind of devolves into "follow waypoint marker to thing and hit the button". Try and recover from failed operations instead of save/reloading to get the perfect hit. Hitman is an amazing improv game when you let stuff play out instead of trying to clockwork it right off the bat.

You can go for mastery and suit only runs when you know how everything works, but for me, the real joy in Hitman is that first deep dive into a level when you have no idea what opportunities are around and you have to adapt on the fly.

winstano

I played it on 1080p with a 1080pTV. The game doesn't have any graphic option for pro (to 1080p users at lease). I don't think the images I posted compressed by the site. I'm not sure if the share screenshot represents what you see on your monitor though.

I did a comparison of the first few starting areas, the differences are subtle but it's mainly AA improvements and frame rates:

https://youtu.be/FyF7GqiUZuM

DrBo42

Play the tutorial missions with all the options on default and see if you like it. If you feel like you can still play with Opportunities off then do it.

For my money the best way to play is

a) get a good general handle on the way this game handles certain systems like suspicion, illegal weapons, disguises etc. Use the training levels for this imho.

b) once you get comfortable with the systems, turn all the hint stuff off the first time you play a map and just explore. Don't play with opportunities because then the game kind of devolves into "follow waypoint marker to thing and hit the button". Try and recover from failed operations instead of save/reloading to get the perfect hit. Hitman is an amazing improv game when you let stuff play out instead of trying to clockwork it right off the bat.

You can go for mastery and suit only runs when you know how everything works, but for me, the real joy in Hitman is that first deep dive into a level when you have no idea what opportunities are around and you have to adapt on the fly.

Thanks.

Stat!

About to pick up the game and I've been watching a few videos of the prologue/first mission.

Is there an ideal way to run through this my first time? It seems as you find the opportunities, the game will guide you in how to perform them. Should I avoid this?

KingKong

Those suits look like you unlock outfit parts like gloves and can use them with any outfit because its also has gloves for the default suits

About to pick up the game and I've been watching a few videos of the prologue/first mission.

Is there an ideal way to run through this my first time? It seems as you find the opportunities, the game will guide you in how to perform them. Should I avoid this?

In your first run it's more important to learn how the game works and the extent of what is possible. It's also best to play it the way you want.

Remember that you don't have to track an opportunity if you don't want to (and you can actually track any opportunity at any time from the menu). You can also set opportunities to minimal so that you still get step-by-steps but not direct waypoints.

One good way to play is to just go with the flow. Pursue the first interesting opportunity or window you come across, and if that doesn't work out then move on to the next thing.

tchocky

I would suggest for you to leave the opportunities on for the tutorial and and then switch it off for Paris. If you are struggling to think of ideas to take out the targets try then switching the opportunities to minimal this will tell you what to do next but not where the item or disguise is.

I would also not look at the challenges for a level until you have completed it at least once.

Deadstar

Fresh to this game, but I love it.
I kinda feel guilty using the full opportunity hints, but then otherwise I think I would miss out on so much! How do you all play this game? HUD, hints, and stuff like that :)

I leave everything on. I follow the opportunities and do them all in the first few days of a new mission being out. I then go in blind to figure out how to get the other achievements. Going through the opportunities, even while following the guides is still very fun.

Murkas

Loving trench coat 47, I always wanted that outfit. My top 3 suit requests were:

Long coat and suit
3 piece suit
Golden suit

That hat on the tactical suit is trash. It looks so off compared to the rest of the outfit.

OYE MATE if I wanna be Crocodile Dundee 47 thats my right. Now lets put a shrimp on the barbie.

Whoah, I'll wear that suite and make contracts that require you to kill with the combat knife

Wait, a trenchcoat or winter jacket in the Mediterranean summer? In tropical humidity? In Africa?

I thought a full suit was pushing it, but I hope NPCs will at least comment on his superhuman heat tolerance.

Stat!

In your first run it's more important to learn how the game works and the extent of what is possible. It's also best to play it the way you want.

Remember that you don't have to track an opportunity if you don't want to (and you can actually track any opportunity at any time from the menu). You can also set opportunities to minimal so that you still get step-by-steps but not direct waypoints.

One good way to play is to just go with the flow. Pursue the first interesting opportunity or window you come across, and if that doesn't work out then move on to the next thing.

I would suggest for you to leave the opportunities on for the tutorial and and then switch it off for Paris. If you are struggling to think of ideas to take out the targets try then switching the opportunities to minimal this will tell you what to do next but not where the item or disguise is.

I would also not look at the challenges for a level until you have completed it at least once.

Thank you. I like the idea of figuring out something brilliant and it working out! I hope the game allows me to do that but I do like that after I try a few times I can always have the game help me in some way without doing it for me.

DukeBobby

Finally got 'Silent Assassin, Suit Only' on every level.

Colorado was a pain. The rest weren't too bad, although Bangkok was a bit tricky.

Finally got 'Silent Assassin, Suit Only' on every level.

Colorado was a pain. The rest weren't too bad, although Bangkok was a bit tricky.

SASO for Colorado is basically just about getting into the house. As long as you do, every target has one or more ready-made accidents near your route requiring no setup.

With Bangkok I really thought I could get away with shooting him from behind in the recording booth and leaving him there. It turned out to be more involved than that.

Has anyone managed to set up sitting down in Cross's chair suit-only? It feels like the right way to do it.

DukeBobby

SASO for Colorado is basically just about getting into the house. As long as you do, every target has one or more ready-made accidents near your route requiring no setup.

With Bangkok I really thought I could get away with shooting him from behind in the recording booth and leaving him there. It turned out to be more involved than that.

Has anyone managed to set up sitting down in Cross's chair suit-only? It feels like the right way to do it.

I made Colorado more difficult for myself by doing the 'String Quartet' challenge (fibre wire all 4 targets) in the same run.

In Bangkok, I lured Cross into the bathroom after taking care of the two guards standing outside of the door. The hardest part was making my way back down again.

I made Colorado more difficult for myself by doing the 'String Quartet' challenge (fibre wire all 4 targets) in the same run.

In Bangkok, I lured Cross into the bathroom after taking care of the two guards standing outside of the door. The hardest part was making my way back down again.

I plan to do String Quartet and Swamp Thing in one run, so suit-only is out. I would really need to do Graves's opportunity.

I think I did the same thing for Bangkok. I did need to throw something to get out of the suite with the shisha pipe.

Spierek

Alright, I've been putting off getting this game for quite some time now but I'm on the edge now.

Should I grab the Season Pass or wait until the retail version hits the stores? Does the retail copy have any extra content worth waiting for?

Top Bottom