• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Alright, I've been putting off getting this game for quite some time now but I'm on the edge now.

Should I grab the Season Pass or wait until the retail version hits the stores? Does the retail copy have any extra content worth waiting for?

Strictly speaking I don't think you get the Requiem Blood Money Pack if you buy the season pack now (DLC with one costume and a couple of reskinned weapons). But I think you should get everything else that comes with the retail copy (final bonus mission, soundtrack, making-of).

On the other hand with the retail version you will miss all the elusive targets from now until the retail release (two more are scheduled for this month alone).

MaKTaiL

Alright, I've been putting off getting this game for quite some time now but I'm on the edge now.

Should I grab the Season Pass or wait until the retail version hits the stores? Does the retail copy have any extra content worth waiting for?
Retail copy will come with the pre-order Requiem Pack, the official soundtrack and behind the scenes documentary. However IO said the soundtrack and the documentary will be available for free for those who already have the full experience digitally. The Requiem Pack will be available for purchase for those who don't have it.

derFeef

Are the missions/seasons getting more difficult as they got released, progressively? I am still playing Paris and there is so much content. I can't even imagine finishing all missions, wow.

Stat!

Dumb question: I want to drown the target but there is a disguise in the way so I can't press X to drown him as I keep changing disguises lol. Am I screwed?

EDIT: Nevermind. Turns out I shouldnt have held X, just tapped it lol

Also, do you complete the challenges before moving on to the next mission?

MaKTaiL

Are the missions/seasons getting more difficult as they got released, progressively? I am still playing Paris and there is so much content. I can't even imagine finishing all missions, wow.

There is less hand holding as you go through the episodes. They introduce new mechanics or things that you didn't notice was possible before. The last episode on Hokkaido is the culmination of all the things you learned on the previous episodes as you can't bring any equipment with you until you reach Mastery Rank 20. I have over 100h on this game already and I didn't even finish all the challanges and haven't even touched the feature contracts yet. This game is amazing :)

Each level does get harder in the sense that it becomes harder to navigate, open doors, get key items, and so on. There will be fewer tools and weapons lying around, fewer redundant disguises to fall back on, fewer NPCs who are alone, and fewer places to dump bodies. Opportunities become more vague and leave you to figure out how to do each step. Planning ahead becomes more important.

You're expected to get better at basic skills like hiding in awkward room layouts, using temporary distractions rather than permanently removing NPCs, and spotting hidden routes into high-security areas.

Still, there are easy and hard ways to do every level - even in the final episode.

derFeef

There is less hand holding as you go through the episodes. They introduce new mechanics or things that you didn't notice was possible before. The last episode on Hokkaido is the culmination of all the things you learned on the previous episodes as you can't bring any equipment with you until you reach Mastery Rank 20. I have over 100h on this game already and I didn't even finish all the challanges and haven't even touched the feature contracts yet. This game is amazing :)

Each level does get harder in the sense that it becomes harder to navigate, open doors, get key items, and so on. There will be fewer tools and weapons lying around, fewer redundant disguises to fall back on, fewer NPCs who are alone, and fewer places to dump bodies. Opportunities become more vague and leave you to figure out how to do each step. Planning ahead becomes more important.

You're expected to get better at basic skills like hiding in awkward room layouts, using temporary distractions rather than permanently removing NPCs, and spotting hidden routes into high-security areas.

Still, there are easy and hard ways to do every level - even in the final episode.

Sounds good! This and Mafia III will keep me occupied for the rest of the year.
Are weapons even viable? I can't imagine because 47 goes down so fast - also it's not really fun. Maybe sniping is though!

Deadstar

I'd recommend buying it digitally unless you're talking about buying a steam physical copy which would then just be a steam key. Season 2 is going to hook into season 1 so if you want everything available in one launcher buy it digitally.

Vic_Viper

Just bought the upgrade pack for Hitman on Steam. I already had the intro pack installed and im now downloading the rest which is about 30 gigs. Is there any way to continue playing the intro pack before the rest of the chapters finish downloading or do I now need to wait until its done downloading everything? Guess I should have thought about that before I started the download lol. Probably not alot of people that had this question.

tchocky

Just bought the upgrade pack for Hitman on Steam. I already had the intro pack installed and im now downloading the rest which is about 30 gigs. Is there any way to continue playing the intro pack before the rest of the chapters finish downloading or do I now need to wait until its done downloading everything? Guess I should have thought about that before I started the download lol. Probably not alot of people that had this question.

Since Steam just treats the episodes as DLC you should be able to launch the game and play the intro pack levels but it would probably pause your download.

Moff

I take it they do so many elusive targets in Paris so they people who just got the basic version don't feel left out?

they want them to get back to the game and think "this is fun I could buy more episodes"

I hope after the physical relese we will see more elusives in the later missions.

I'm still working my way through the Paris mission, I already killed the two targets but I'm trying to find different methods. But sheesh, I've got to hand it to you guys who are playing with all the indicators and opportunities turned off. I'm coming across stuff that I'm COMPLETELY at a loss on how to accomplish.

For instance, I found some gal who needs a new camera lens, I can find the lens but I cannot find the explosive for it. I also noticed I can loosen gas valves on the heaters by the main entrance but I've got no clue how to set those off.

Really enjoying the game but yeah, sometimes I feel a bit lost when veering away from the opportunities.

I'm still working my way through the Paris mission, I already killed the two targets but I'm trying to find different methods. But sheesh, I've got to hand it to you guys who are playing with all the indicators and opportunities turned off. I'm coming across stuff that I'm COMPLETELY at a loss on how to accomplish.

For instance, I found some gal who needs a new camera lens, I can find the lens but I cannot find the explosive for it. I also noticed I can loosen gas valves on the heaters by the main entrance but I've got no clue how to set those off.

Really enjoying the game but yeah, sometimes I feel a bit lost when veering away from the opportunities.

That is definitely the hardest Paris opportunity to do when you're just starting out.

To get a remote explosive, either unlock it for your loadout by reaching Paris level 20, or take the one from the security station in the attic.
For gas heaters, you can create a leak either with a wrench or by shooting it. You can then create an explosion if someone lights up a cigarette nearby, or by shooting it again.

MaKTaiL

After loosing gas valves they can be exploded by shooting at them or when a target starts smoking close to them.

You can find the explosive device on the attic. Be careful because there are lots of guards there. It's gonna get easier once you unlock it after reaching Mastery Level 20 on Paris.

Rookhelm

Once you hit mastery 20 on a location, is there any reason (other than self satisfaction) to keep doing the challenges? Will they unlock stuff if you've already maxed the mastery?

NeoRaider

I think it's all stored server side. Why do you want to delete everything?

Because i was testing the performance few times and i have few games to load. Is there any way to delete all this?

And how do i start new game with intro cutscene?

Deadstar

Because i was testing the perdormance few times and i have few games to load. Is tgere any way to delete all this?

And how do i start new game with intro cutscene?

You don't need to delete all of it. Just go to the cinematics area and you can play the first video. You can then go and play all the training levels too.

MaKTaiL

Once you hit mastery 20 on a location, is there any reason (other than self satisfaction) to keep doing the challenges? Will they unlock stuff if you've already maxed the mastery?
There is a rumor they will add new suits that unlock with a certain number of challenges completed in the next update.

NeoRaider

You don't need to delete all of it. Just go to the cinematics area and you can play the first video. You can then go and play all the training levels too.

But i don't want to do that. I want fresh start and all my saves (more than 10) deleted. Are developers seriously not able to offer this option in fucking 2016?

Deadstar

There is a rumor they will add new suits that unlock with a certain number of challenges completed in the next update.

That would be great. It's very fun to go through all the challenges and it would be nice if there was a little bonus for completing a certain number. Maybe not all of them but let's say 70-80% of the challenges for a certain level.

But i don't want to do that. I want fresh start and all my saves (more than 10) deleted. Are developers seriously not able to offer this option in fucking 2016?

I think there is a concern here that if someone accidentally permanently deleted their elusive targets progress, that can never be recovered.

MaKTaiL

You can delete your saves on PS4 so I guess it is entirely possible on PC, you just have to find the folder they are stored in. As for resetting, all your progress is stored online just like Destiny, The Division, Battlefield, etc. You cannot reset challenge unlocks. One thing you can do is delete all saves and then play offline. That's as close of a reset you will be able to get. I wonder why you want to do this though. Can you explain a little bit more what you are trying to accomplish?

Deadstar

Ok, i go to "Destinations" and start "ICA facility" right? Then when i want to continue i go to "Load game" every time?

If I remember correctly you go to the story tab, then go all the way to the left to start the 1st cinematic. After that, it should take you to the 1st training mission. There are two kinds of saves, manual saves and auto saves. When you load into the game for the first time save the game manually, then just use those manual saves if needed. Eventually all of your autosaves will be erased as you play the game.

The autosaves are there in case you forget to save. The game allows you to save anywhere unless you are being hunted. So you can choose to save however frequently or infrequently you want. It makes the game a lot less frustrating if you save after doing something very difficult.

NeoRaider

If I remember correctly you go to the story tab, then go all the way to the left to start the 1st cinematic. After that, it should take you to the 1st training mission. There are two kinds of saves, manual saves and auto saves. When you load into the game for the first time save the game manually, then just use those manual saves if needed. Eventually all of your autosaves will be erased as you play the game.

The autosaves are there in case you forget to save. The game allows you to save anywhere unless you are being hunted. So you can choose to save however frequently or infrequently you want. It makes the game a lot less frustrating if you save after doing something very difficult.

Ok, thank you.

Rookhelm

I think the key point here is to try the "Story" tab, not "destinations" tab if you're looking to sort of "replay" the game.

What's the difference between Story and Destinations? Is Destinations something like free roam or...?

Just two different ways that the game content is organized.

Story lets you jump directly to all the cutscenes and story missions. Destinations shows you the story mission, bonus missions, escalations, and elusive targets (while active) for each game location.

Really, you're in "free roam" all the time since you can jump into any mission that you own at any time.

Quick question regarding elusive targets. I know you only have one shot at them. But are you able to save progress at all mid-mission? I don't know if I'll be able to play the next elusive all in one sitting. So I wasn't sure if I could sleep the console for a few hours and come back later (during the 48 hours) to continue.

Also, what happens if the internet connection drops in the middle of the elusive? Do you lose access? Or can you resume once the internet connection is stable again? I've been having some connection issues lately.

Deadstar

Quick question regarding elusive targets. I know you only have one shot at them. But are you able to save progress at all mid-mission? I don't know if I'll be able to play the next elusive all in one sitting. So I wasn't sure if I could sleep the console for a few hours and come back later (during the 48 hours) to continue.

Also, what happens if the internet connection drops in the middle of the elusive? Do you lose access? Or can you resume once the internet connection is stable again? I've been having some connection issues lately.

You cannot save during an elusive target BUT you CAN restart the mission as long as your target is not dead. Once you kill the target you can no longer restart. So let's say you walk into a room and things go bad and you start getting shot. You can immediately pause the game and restart it because you didn't die. If you die or the target dies, it's over.

If your internet connection drops after the target is dead it's probably over as well.

You cannot save during an elusive target BUT you CAN restart the mission as long as your target is not dead. Once you kill the target you can no longer restart. So let's say you walk into a room and things go bad and you start getting shot. You can immediately pause the game and restart it because you didn't die. If you die or the target dies, it's over.

If your internet connection drops after the target is dead it's probably over as well.
Wait, you can restart elusive missions? I didn't realize! Though I've only been able to play 3 of them and I always just did it in one sitting. But part of me feels like restarting would take the fun out of it for me personally. I love the tension of knowing I have one shot and can't mess it up.

Deadstar

Wait, you can restart elusive missions? I didn't realize! Though I've only been able to play 3 of them and I always just did it in one sitting. But part of me feels like restarting would take the fun out of it for me personally. I love the tension of knowing I have one shot and can't mess it up.

Yes. If you want to really take the "one shot" to heart, then do it your way, but if you want to try to get silent assassin then restarting when you mess up is a way to do it. It's still extremely tense because if you die it's all over. Also once the target is killed, there is no restarting.

I think it would be far too punishing if they didn't allow restarts. A restart also allows you to plan out the mission differently and bring different items into the mission after scoping it out.

The Flash

Banned
Never played a Hitman game before but people I follow on Twitter kept praising this one so I decided to get the intro pack and what do you know, it's pretty good. Glad this is getting a second season now.

Deadstar

Never played a Hitman game before but people I follow on Twitter kept praising this one so I decided to get the intro pack and what do you know, it's pretty good. Glad this is getting a second season now.

Very good. Let us know if you have any questions about how the game works. I learned things from watching the Hitman interview with the devs on Giant Bomb that I didn't know after 50+ hours of playing. This game is glorious. I was never a huge fan of Hitman, but this game turned me. I think they finally found the perfect way to do a Hitman game.

Top Bottom