• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The Flash

Banned
Very good. Let us know if you have any questions about how the game works. I learned things from watching the Hitman interview with the devs on Giant Bomb that I didn't know after 50+ hours of playing. This game is glorious. I was never a huge fan of Hitman, but this game turned me. I think they finally found the perfect way to do a Hitman game.

Will do. Thought I think I've learned a lot from these videos though. They also helped push me to get the intro pack.

Hitman : Cult of Man
Hitman : Vacation 47

norm9

Any non-spoilerly tips for the first mission. (eta- the absolute first mission after the tutorial) I've had this game for months and months and can never assassinate both people. Who should I try to kill first?

Any non-spoilerly tips for the first mission. (eta- the absolute first mission after the tutorial) I've had this game for months and months and can never assassinate both people. Who should I try to kill first?

The easiest way to kill Viktor is to scour the basement of the mansion and you should be able to find everything you need to kill him. You can also follow him around to see what his pattern is.

For Dahlia, there is a very unique character in the level that can help you with that, and also if you need to get up, the stairs are not the only way.

These are pretty much the most spoiler free tips for this mission I can give.

norm9

The easiest way to kill Viktor is to scour the basement of the mansion and you should be able to find everything you need to kill him. You can also follow him around to see what his pattern is.

For Dahlia, there is a very unique character in the level that can help you with that, and also if you need to get up, the stairs are not the only way.

These are pretty much the most spoiler free tips for this mission I can give.

Appreciate it! Will give it another go soon.

Finally did the Fade to Black challenge. Damn, that's probably the most disturbing kill in the game for me.

Personally, I wish there were custom dialogue for Fade to Black if you did Oops! I Did It Again! beforehand. Imagine if
47 could throw that one back in his face as he tries to explain everything away.

But the most disturbing one for me was (Not) Malpractice.
You exploit a man who himself was a victim, by deliberately reopening old wounds and clouding his judgment with drugs. And he visibly regrets it immediately after the fact - there was no satisfaction in his revenge, he just violated his own sacred oath, and it will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Personally, I wish there were custom dialogue for Fade to Black if you did Oops! I Did It Again! beforehand. Imagine if
47 could throw that one back in his face as he tries to explain everything away.

But the most disturbing one for me was (Not) Malpractice.
You exploit a man who himself was a victim, by deliberately reopening old wounds and clouding his judgment with drugs. And he visibly regrets it immediately after the fact - there was no satisfaction in his revenge and it will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Oh that was definitely a disturbing one too. And probably really close to being tied with Fade for me.

Fade to Black caught me off guard with how long he pleads for his life and how he has essentially broken down mentally as a result of what he's done. He goes through denial, pleads for his life before finally rebelling at the end. All while 47 just sits there quitely, saying one or two lines. And then bam.

Felt like a super personal kill, which isn't something I'm used to with Hitman.

Oh that was definitely a disturbing one too. And probably really close to being tied with Fade for me.

Fade to Black caught me off guard with how long he pleads for his life and how he has essentially broken down mentally as a result of what he's done. He goes through denial, pleads for his life before finally rebelling at the end. All while 47 just sits there quitely, saying one or two lines. And then bam.

The impression I got from that was that, even facing down the barrel of a gun, he still couldn't understand that this was the price for his own actions. He tries bribery, he tries to deflect because others have done worse, he tries to hide behind his father as a threat. And so he proves that he is irredeemable.

You mentioned denial, anger, and bargaining, but he never gets to acceptance. It's a very natural and very believable character study.

Deadstar

A contract, is a contract. That was one of my most favorite moments in the game. I like how he see's 47 and knows what he is there to do. You get to hear people speaking to 47 as to who he is rather than just to him in a disguise. I hope there is some more of that for season 2.

Foffy

Banned

Remember that it's a trick hit to get Jordan's father out in public.

The impression I got from that was that, even facing down the barrel of a gun, he still couldn't understand that this was the price for his own actions. He tries bribery, he tries to deflect because others have done worse, he tries to hide behind his father as a threat. And so he proves that he is irredeemable.

You mentioned denial, anger, and bargaining, but he never gets to acceptance. It's a very natural and very believable character study.

Oh definitely. He never goes to acceptance and skips right over it to bargaining his way out of the situation. And just following him around is very telling of how much he feels he is the victim of the entire thing.

Like I knew he was sort of unhinged, not really a character who could control himself. But if you let him listen to the recording and let him leave without him spotting you, it shows that he himself has no idea what to do or how to get out of the situation.

He just lets everything happen to him, he creates the perfect environment with which he can make himself the victim in all of it to cope with it.

Pretty cool all around. Never really paid as much attention to the other targets.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I liked the challenge and the kill. It was just different then what I've experienced in most of the season. Most are "never see you coming" kills or ones that your distanced from them. Not many you get to interact with the target in such a way before you kill them. Just really well done all around by IO.

The Flash

Banned
Mission successful

PJAOAQ7.png

Somehow, everyone is drawn to the time-honored tradition of making body piles! Even if it takes forever.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I liked the challenge and the kill. It was just different then what I've experienced in most of the season. Most are "never see you coming" kills or ones that your distanced from them. Not many you get to interact with the target in such a way before you kill them. Just really well done all around by IO.

Thinking along those lines, I'm revising my assessment: the most disturbing kills involve using lethal poison. And not the ones where they go "this lethal poison is delicious."

First, there's completing By Candlelight with lethal poison, which isn't even available in the level itself.
De Santis dies with not even enough time to understand why the one person she tried to protect has seemingly killed her.
I think there's a reason why this one had to be earned with unlocked equipment.

Then, there's completing Happy Birthday with lethal poison, which got called out earlier in this thread.
You're never really sure if he believed his own rants about how much his dad hates him, but his final words are so terrified that you know he couldn't possibly have thought the worst until that last moment.

These alternate outcomes for kills really got used to their full character exploratory potential. But this also highlights the one shortcoming of Situs Inversus - no character moments for
Soders
whatsoever, not even by
coming face to face
. You have to be told about his motivations through other characters.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
IO's explained how all of these new suits get unlocked.

I think, based on my profile, I unlocked everything possibly available right now outside of the HITMAN suit.

oh fuck

The trench coat is Silent Assassin Elusives...I don't know if I've even done that once, lol.

Oh, it only is going to start tracking the SA/Location ones on the 18th forward.

Foffy

Banned
Have Colorado and Hokkaido even had elusive targets yet? Has Bangkok had more than the most recent one?

They have not.

But I imagine they have a good deal in the pipeline. I mean, we haven't seen any ETs for the three Bonus Episodes, so that should add a couple there, as well.

Bangkok suit with gloves is giving me a real Dexter vibe, I like it. Shame they're not making all the suits (or at least the Sapienza & Bangkok jacket free suits) available across all destinations though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bangkok suit with gloves is giving me a real Dexter vibe, I like it. Shame they're not making all the suits (or at least the Sapienza & Bangkok jacket free suits) available across all destinations though.

Sounds like you can use them anywhere, it just describes them as the suit from that location.

MaKTaiL

All the new suits can be used on any location you desire.

ZeroX03

Banned
I guess we'll get far more elusives in the latter maps after the physical version hits. I guess they know how many people own each map and are releasing to match.

Just saw the new suit unlocks. Guess I'm going for silent assassin now. Wish all suits were available in all locations.

All the new suits can be used on any location you desire.

Picture says just for that location?

ZeroX03

Banned
You misunderstood what it says. If you complete an Elusive on that location you get a new suit from that location to wear anywhere you like.

So if I complete an elusive in Sapienza, I get the Italian Suit with Gloves for all maps, but still can't get the Italian Suit without Gloves for other maps?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I like the Winter Suit but I think I'd like to go with the Summer and Casual. The Casual really does give the Dexter vibes. Think the Tactical would look better with a beanie or something.

Just found out about http://hitmanmaps.com/
It's pretty cheaty, but once you feel you've explored a level enough by yourself, it's fantastic for when you're concocting plans, just want to know where a damned thing is, if there even is one at all, how many there are on which levels, which disguise will give you access to the area, and where that disguise is at. Etc.

Metal-Geo

Holy shit - I may already have 5 silent assassins for elusive targets. So happy I took the effort to at least attempt silent assassinations with these.

Edit: Damn. Forget it.

Now I'll at least try harder.

Having gotten 8/13 silent assassins for elusive targets, here are my stats for how I accomplished those:

2 chandelier drops
1 push off balcony
1 poisoned drink
1 close-quarters kill after knocking out all bodyguards
2 lethal poison syringes
1 exploding fire extinguisher (shot)

Of course, all these are highly dependent on the target's route. The Ex-Dictator was nightmarish in that none of the options other than fire extinguisher were really available or feasible.

IO have always said that silent assassin on elusives is very rarely accomplished, and very hard by design. If you want those suits, don't be afraid to cheese it if you get a chance.

New survey being sent out by email.

Every time they've asked those questions, I've been able to give new answers for favorite things about the game and most memorable experiences. That's the most remarkable thing about this season.

Also, "In HITMAN, you have to..."
trick someone into escaping by plane and then blow up the plane with a cannon with ten seconds left on the timer.

Well, you don't have to do that. But an example always works better when you tell your friends about this stuff.

ev0

IO have always said that silent assassin on elusives is very rarely accomplished, and very hard by design. If you want those suits, don't be afraid to cheese it if you get a chance.

Agreed. I have the PC and PS4 versions. Usually I do a blind run on PC first, and see how i can get SA on PS4 if I didnt figure it out myself. I may have to resort to youtube vids of experts now lol

I just hope with this requirements, they actually make SA seem more possible during the discovery process. Sometimes they do the random stuff with the AI, or give you only one window. Annoying-ish

Agreed. I have the PC and PS4 versions. Usually I do a blind run on PC first, and see how i can get SA on PS4 if I didnt figure it out myself. I may have to resort to youtube vids of experts now lol

I just hope with this requirements, they actually make SA seem more possible during the discovery process. Sometimes they do the random stuff with the AI, or give you only one window. Annoying-ish

I think what I should have said was "don't be afraid to cheese it if you have to." With The Ex-Dictator, any SA option other than hiding a fire extinguisher under their table seemed too dangerous and not actually fun. Plus "explosive hidden under the table" actually felt sort of like an assassin tactic. And it felt valid because the fire extinguisher was right there.

Same goes for using poison for The Sensation and pulling the fire alarm for The Gunrunner - these felt like cheesing it, but there really weren't any other options aside from brute force.

But there were plenty of options for most of the newer elusive targets, so hopefully it doesn't come down to this too often.

ev0

I think what I should have said was "don't be afraid to cheese it if you have to." With The Ex-Dictator, any SA option other than hiding a fire extinguisher under their table seemed too dangerous and not actually fun. Plus "explosive hidden under the table" actually felt sort of like an assassin tactic. And it felt valid because the fire extinguisher was right there.

Same goes for using poison for The Sensation and pulling the fire alarm for The Gunrunner - these felt like cheesing it, but there really weren't any other options aside from brute force.

But there were plenty of options for most of the newer elusive targets, so hopefully it doesn't come down to this too often.

True. I guess the annoying ones stick out more in my mind than the ones that were doable haha.

Also Hitman Season 1 is only $30 on the XBOX Black Friday sale! Get on it peeps.
Hopefully it gets a nice sale on PS4 and PC as well

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dat Terminus and Winter suit. God damn. I'm never gonna get them. I already have difficult times doing SA on the main mission, I don't want to imagine it on an Elusive.

I just bought season 1 last week, and i've only played up to showstopper. How badly will I fail this?

If you've played Paris once or twice, this might not work out so well. But you can probably do well if you play Paris a bunch of times - this one looks simpler than some of the hard ones that released recently.

Learn his route, and take as much time as you need. Most elusive targets are mainly hard because they're never alone and they keep moving. Remember that you can always quit or restart as long as you haven't done any objectives or died.

Top Bottom