• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I've aroused suspicion couple of times before while escaping because I got a little too confident. As a result, now the escape has turned into the most tense part of elusives for me.

Seems to be just a different train of thought for players. Some feel a sense of accomplishment figuring it all out on their own. Others just wanna see a checkmark next to silent assassin and just have all the content unlocked. lol.

What I go for now is reliable kills that don't rely on luck, and as it happens going for SA actually helps with that. As long as you're not going for some kind of speedrun or overly elaborate kill, going for SA means you have to find a safe route.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
You can't figure out how to achieve SA on your own? You're "forced to"? Hahaha. Where's the fun in that?

The fun of Elusives is finding out a way to SA on your own. All the Elusives released so far I tried that on my own, sometimes I failed, sometimes I got it right. That's the whole point. I never watched any Youtube videos for them.

Well, most elusives so far required coin cheesing and other AI abusing cheap tactics in order to pull of SA, which isn't a fun way to play the game imo.

Also a lot of people dont have the skill nor the patience to achieve SA on elusives, why should they be locked out of these two suits?

Interfectum

Well, most elusives so far required coin cheesing and other AI abusing cheap tactics in order to pull of SA, which isn't a fun way to play the game imo.

Also a lot of people dont have the skill nor the patience to achieve SA on elusives, why should they be locked out of these two suits?

Because they don't have the skill nor patience to earn the suits?

MaKTaiL

A lot of people can't complete the raids on Destiny. Why should they be locked out on the weapons that drop there?

Simple answer: they don't deserve them.

KingKong

because it's a reward. and they know it's difficult, that's why you only need 1 SA to get the first suit

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Because the suits are rewards for having the skill and patience to SA the Elusives...?

I say that as someone who will never get them.

Deadstar

Anyone know of a guide that explains what counts as a silent assassin run?

For example, when does body found not count against you? I know that if you blow up a fire extinguisher the body can be found and it won't count. What else? Any accident kill?

Because they are just suits, pure cosmetic items, so it's ok to 'lock them out' behind a certain skill level.

Anyone know of a guide that explains what counts as a silent assassin run?

For example, when does body found not count against you? I know that if you blow up a fire extinguisher the body can be found and it won't count. What else? Any accident kill?

You need to meet all five conditions on the mission completion screen:
- All objectives completed.
- Never spotted. Never enter the "Suspicious," "Found Trespassing," "Crime Noticed," "Arresting," and "Hunted" states. I think getting caught on camera counts against this but is reversed by destroying recordings.
- No noticed kills. Exactly what it says.
- No bodies found. Accident kills (falling objects, pushes/dumps off ledges, drowning, explosions with environmental objects/fire extinguishers/propane tanks) and poison kills (either ingested or injected) do not count.
- No recordings. Destroy recordings or never get caught on camera.

fuuuuck I was so close to SA but messed it up in the last second because of carelessness. Whittled down his entourage one by one by choking them out and hiding them after causing a distraction, then at last I get the chef alone in a hallway, I pull out my pistol to shoot him in the head, only it was the wrong pistol, unsilenced :( still got away scot-free but missed out on SA because someone heard the shot.

I achieved SA but the Terminus suit didn't unlock. :/

Anyways, quick and dirty to get SA:
The chef will sample some caviar in the upper floor kitchen area the second time he visits there, poison it.

Nabbed an SA but I wasn't very assassin-y.
Knocked out the chefs, security guards and everyone in his entourage one by one as he did 3 laps of the building and then shot him in the head when he was alone.

Missed out on SA coz I wandered upstairs in a waiter outfit. Didn't know waiters were considered suspicious.

Anyway I cleared out the basement kitchen and then picked off his crew one by one as they came back to said kitchen.

Lethal syringed him then on his own.

Elusive targets are great.

Season 1 is 50% off on Steam now, following Xbox. PS4 will probably follow soon.

The Chef looks to be designed as an introductory elusive for this new wave of players. He's like The Forger, but with the extra help that Diana will tell you in real time when he changes floors (if you lose line of sight).

Deadstar

You need to meet all five conditions on the mission completion screen:
- All objectives completed.
- Never spotted. Never enter the "Suspicious," "Found Trespassing," "Crime Noticed," "Arresting," and "Hunted" states. I think getting caught on camera counts against this but is reversed by destroying recordings.
- No noticed kills. Exactly what it says.
- No bodies found. Accident kills (falling objects, pushes/dumps off ledges, drowning, explosions with environmental objects/fire extinguishers/propane tanks) and poison kills (either ingested or injected) do not count.
- No recordings. Destroy recordings or never get caught on camera.

Thanks, this helps greatly. If I bump into someone and the exclamation pops over their head is that was suspicious is?

Haines

Banned
Anybody have a link to pro enhancements for 4k?

I only have the first level but if the pro is a big upgrade I might consider season 1 on sale.

Thanks, this helps greatly. If I bump into someone and the exclamation pops over their head is that was suspicious is?

The exclamation mark just means that you drew attention to yourself. You will trigger "Suspicious" if you keep doing things that draw attention.

So you can safely bump into someone again after "!" is gone, but you shouldn't do it again while "!" is there.

Yeah, ummm. You kind of answered your own question. They are rewards for having patience and skill.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
How much content is there on Prologue/Ep1? I'm on the fence on this one at the moment. I loved MGS5's stealth, but this seems to have more of a dynamic intertwined environment? Don't really want to spend $30 on the whole shebang until I've gotten a taste.

How much content is there on Prologue/Ep1? I'm on the fence on this one at the moment. I loved MGS5's stealth, but this seems to have more of a dynamic intertwined environment? Don't really want to spend $30 on the whole shebang until I've gotten a taste.

I would compare Paris to the Ground Zeroes level. A little stealth sandbox that you can play in a variety of ways, a bunch of different challenges to complete and mess around with the systemic gameplay. The two prologue missions are much smaller. They are also fun to mess around in though.

I would compare Paris to the Ground Zeroes level. A little stealth sandbox that you can play in a variety of ways, a bunch of different challenges to complete and mess around with the systemic gameplay. The two prologue missions are much smaller. They are also fun to mess around in though.

Yeah, this is a pretty fair comparison. There is the main mission and then a bunch of side contracts, and then there's also custom contracts.

The_Balm

Just bought it on PS4 yesterday. Looks like I'm going to miss the sale by a day, oh well. Got through Paris once so far, I'm really loving it.

What gameplay settings do you all run with? I set opportunities to minimal, instinct off and made the targets look like NPCs on the mini map. Not sure if I'll make any other changes.

Jams775

Been waiting for this opportunity. Jumped on this instantly. Can't wait to play a bit this weekend!

Same here. I enjoyed watching Giant Bomb play it but wasn't sure if I'd have fun with it (even though I've played them since 1 (didn't play the poorly received one with the sexy nuns though). I'm glad it finally went up on sale. I must have hovered over the buy button 100 times since the game came out.

Just bought it on PS4 yesterday. Looks like I'm going to miss the sale by a day, oh well. Got through Paris once so far, I'm really loving it.

What gameplay settings do you all run with? I set opportunities to minimal, instinct off and made the targets look like NPCs on the mini map. Not sure if I'll make any other changes.

I keep everything on default for the most part. Though I like to find the opportunities on my own.

Metal-Geo

Oh my fucking lord. This was my 13th elusive target thus far - and my heart still races like crazy when I'm about to go for the kill. This game produces moments and tension I've never experienced in other games. gg IOI, gg.

Ooooh boy.

Got Silent Assassin though! Killed the fucker on the second try.
Near the ground floor kitchen, I put a coin in the doorstep of the toilet, opposite of the door the chef exists from. I also put a coin on the toilet. Chef walks outside; can't resist a little extra spare change; walks to the doorway and picks up the coin; sees coin on the toilet; walks to the toilet (and leaves his entourage outside). Unfortunately the chef got in a position where I was unable to drown him in the toilet, so I had to improvise and simply broke his goddamned neck.

Bebpo

Banned
Kinda crazy how now that Hitman is on sale, $30 now gets more content than $65 spent already by episodic players since the $30 includes the bonus stages that are still locked out of episodic buyers, and that $65 will probably be $75 in the end to get the same content as the people buying it now for $30.

Episodic buyers got so burnt this season. Too bad the game is still super good so not gonna boycott or anything. Learned my lesson and will buy S2 in full next time.

Kinda crazy how now that Hitman is on sale, $30 now gets more content than $65 spent already by episodic players since the $30 includes the bonus stages that are still locked out of episodic buyers, and that $65 will probably be $75 in the end to get the same content as the people buying it now for $30.

Episodic buyers got so burnt this season. Too bad the game is still super good so not gonna boycott or anything. Learned my lesson and will buy S2 in full next time.

FYI, early adopters in gaming are screwed in general. Star Wars Battlefront was $60 at release last year, and many people bought the $50 Season Pass for it. Today EA released the "Ultimate Edition" which has everything for $40, and Best Buy will have it on sale on Black Friday for $20. It's just how this stuff works, you pay a premium to get in early.

Bebpo

Banned
FYI, early adopters in gaming are screwed in general. Star Wars Battlefront was $60 at release last year, and many people bought the $50 Season Pass for it. Today EA released the "Ultimate Edition" which has everything for $40, and Best Buy will have it on sale on Black Friday for $20. It's just how this stuff works, you pay a premium to get in early.

Except people who are buying it for $30 are getting the two bonus stages early compared to episodic buyers who still don't have them.

Bebpo

Banned
Even if you own all the episodes?

Yes. The bonus episodes are locked out for episodic until the third final one comes out at some point (December?) and will most likely need to be bought. Basically episodic buyers who have bought all the episodes have spent $65 and are waiting for the opportunity to spend more to get the 3 bonus levels.

Phionoxx

Just bought on Steam. 50℅ off is a great price. I have the intro pack on PS4 but the load times and frequent network disconnects put me off going back to it there (I'm sure it's improved since then, this was back at launch).

Yes. The bonus episodes are locked out for episodic until the third final one comes out at some point (December?) and will most likely need to be bought. Basically episodic buyers who have bought all the episodes have spent $65 and are waiting for the opportunity to spend more to get the 3 bonus levels.

That's my main complaint with the game. I bought each episode individually and evidently got screwed over by it for no good reason. I've said this before, why would you punish the people who bought in to your episodic model that you've been harping on about?

Edit: And I have to say, putting up new rewards for elusive targets after the first season is finished and not having them retroactive is pretty crappy.

If it's on sale for Xbox and Steam for the same week, PS isn't going to be left out.

Edit: And I have to say, putting up new rewards for elusive targets after the first season is finished and not having them retroactive is pretty crappy.

The new rewards have been added because elusive targets are continuing into next year. Existing players who have unlocked all the rewards now have something new to work towards, and new players starting from scratch still have enough elusive targets left (as of right now) to unlock everything.

Making the new suits non-retroactive actually seems more fair - no one was on notice before that there would be rewards for silent assassin.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
That's my main complaint with the game. I bought each episode individually and evidently got screwed over by it for no good reason. I've said this before, why would you punish the people who bought in to your episodic model that you've been harping on about?

If I buy the "upgrade" pack on PC do I get all the bonus episodes?

(I bought the starter pack a few months ago)

Tempted to get it on PS4 when it's on sale, but I have bad internet. Games with strong servers like Overwatch and Battlefield are fine but stuff like Titanfall 2 isn't. Wondering if I should buy.

MaKTaiL

If I buy the "upgrade" pack on PC do I get all the bonus episodes?

(I bought the starter pack a few months ago)
Yes, you will.
Tempted to get it on PS4 when it's on sale, but I have bad internet. Games with strong servers like Overwatch and Battlefield are fine but stuff like Titanfall 2 isn't. Wondering if I should buy.
You should be fine. My connection is not that good either and I never had any issues.

Top Bottom