• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The_Balm

Yes. The bonus episodes are locked out for episodic until the third final one comes out at some point (December?) and will most likely need to be bought. Basically episodic buyers who have bought all the episodes have spent $65 and are waiting for the opportunity to spend more to get the 3 bonus levels.

I feel that it's fine that you end up paying more in the long run, but being locked out for such a long time is a bit lame.

That's my main complaint with the game. I bought each episode individually and evidently got screwed over by it for no good reason. I've said this before, why would you punish the people who bought in to your episodic model that you've been harping on about?
I think it's more about rewarding people who had enough faith in IO and the new concept for Hitman that they were willing to pay upfront for the whole season. Those people took a risk, unlike the episodic buyers who could have cut their losses at any point.

Ultimately it's good value either way, because the game kicks arse :)

After Bethesda Pinball, Square Enix needs to get in on this. Hitman Pinball.

Shoot the ramp to walk the catwalk.
Hurry-up mode to destroy the virus.
Colorado 4-ball multiball.
Wizard mode where you play on the surgery table and avoid the robot arms?

Bebpo

Banned
I think it's more about rewarding people who had enough faith in IO and the new concept for Hitman that they were willing to pay upfront for the whole season. Those people took a risk, unlike the episodic buyers who could have cut their losses at any point.

Ultimately it's good value either way, because the game kicks arse :)

Well....but now people who buy the game now and have sat and not jumped in at all are getting rewarded more than the people who've been buying the episodes and paying.

They really should've just released the bonus stages when they came out for free if you bought the location, like additional location content. If it wasn't for this bonus stage situation, episodic buyers would be fine having paid $5 more.

Took the wussy way on the elusive, got SA with almost no effort
just start as tech, KO the auction guy in the room by himself near you and take his suit, poison the food right outside, then head to an exit and wait 10 mins for the chef to taste it

I do wish you could retry elusives in a "this doesn't count" sort of way, I'd love to try starting in the kitchen and doing some shenanigans with fire extinguisher and remote detonator but i'm 99% sure the first try or two I'd kill more than the target.

Does bring back great memories of the Chef from Absolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1KoZV26Mo0

Took the wussy way on the elusive, got SA with almost no effort
just start as tech, KO the auction guy in the room by himself near you and take his suit, poison the food right outside, then head to an exit and wait 10 mins for the chef to taste it

I do wish you could retry elusives in a "this doesn't count" sort of way, I'd love to try starting in the kitchen and doing some shenanigans with fire extinguisher and remote detonator but i'm 99% sure the first try or two I'd kill more than the target.

Does bring back great memories of the Chef from Absolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1KoZV26Mo0

Honestly, though, there are a lot of players who won't even know that's possible. You have to put together
the food theme + reading the profile + knowing how to get that disguise in time before he comes up (and I think there's about a 50% chance he arrives in under a minute and samples the caviar - for one time only - in under 2 minutes).
The clean run is your reward for knowing the game.

I would have liked to try the exploding ovens in the kitchen - like, there's really nothing you can use them for other than blowing up chefs, so I've never even learned how to sabotage them.

Foffy

Banned
Yes. The bonus episodes are locked out for episodic until the third final one comes out at some point (December?) and will most likely need to be bought. Basically episodic buyers who have bought all the episodes have spent $65 and are waiting for the opportunity to spend more to get the 3 bonus levels.

People who bought it episodically have to wait till the physical release launches. That's January.

That's when we're getting Landslide, the last Bonus Episode.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't even gotten very past Paris, only mastery 8 there, and Mastery 2 on Sapienza. Haven't touched the other episodes yet but decided to try the elusive target.

Restarted a couple times after observing his patterns, but ended up killing him as he walked up a stairwell with a Chandelier. Hahahahaha. It felt so good to see everyone freak out and I just turned around and ran away from the scene as fast as possible. Not clean but got the kill and got away, so I'll take it 😁.

Loving this game so far. Trying to take it in short bursts so I don't burn out.

The new outfits didn't unlock for me. Just aced the latest target. Currently I have 6 Silent Assassin ratings with the elusive targets. Does this just count as 1 SA of all the elusive targets going forward?

EDIT:

Just checked. All of the tallies count beginning with this current one. I NEED THAT COAT!

From Hitman.com
It's important to note that these adjustments won't affect anything you've already unlocked or your progress to unlocking the three accumulative suits (HMA, Blood Money and Signature Suit) that have been the three rewards available so far.
It's equally important to note that the new rewards system comes into effect starting with ET 14, meaning that you cannot retroactively unlock suits based on previous ET's. If you want that Winter Suit, you'll need to complete 5 ET's with a Silent Assassin rating, starting from ET 14.

It's blurrier than the base PS4 version

It bugged me the first time I played it on the Pro but today while doing the Elusive I honestly didn't even notice. I did notice the improved framerate, though.

That said, I do hope they fix it sooner than later.

I'm still learning new things about this game, even now.

In Colorado, doing the Audition opportunity lets you trigger a Rose-Graves conversation if you have perfect timing. It's completely useless for the opportunity because it makes it impossible to get either of them alone, so it was implemented just for closure even though very few people would be going out of their way to hear it.

In Marrakesh, it's actually sort of feasible to walk around inside the consulate without a disguise - only security guards will notice. Since there is no real good disguise for the consulate, I don't actually think this is any worse than the other disguises.

Does this game require an online component to function on PC, or could I block it off from making any connections? I live on a very limited system and can't really have it pinging out constantly.

ZeroX03

Banned
Does this game require an online component to function on PC, or could I block it off from making any connections? I live on a very limited system and can't really have it pinging out constantly.

Technically online is not required, but it locks out so much content I would not play it without a constant internet connection.

Hristi

If I buy the full pack are the downloads full size or separate for each episodes? I don't have the fastest DL but I want to play atleast the EP 1 today.

I went out of my way to get SA on the elusive target.

Everything went perfectly. But on my escape I screwed up and got "suspicious" so the whole thing was ruined! Completed it at least.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I would have managed to kill this elusive target and get Silent Assassin... if I hadn't been spotted trespassing just as I was leaving the mission. God dammit.

MaKTaiL

I'm still learning new things about this game, even now.

In Colorado, doing the Audition opportunity lets you trigger a Rose-Graves conversation if you have perfect timing. It's completely useless for the opportunity because it makes it impossible to get either of them alone, so it was implemented just for closure even though very few people would be going out of their way to hear it.

In Marrakesh, it's actually sort of feasible to walk around inside the consulate without a disguise - only security guards will notice. Since there is no real good disguise for the consulate, I don't actually think this is any worse than the other disguises.
The camera man is the best disguise to use inside the consulate. You can literaly go anywhere.

I went out of my way to get SA on the elusive target.

Everything went perfectly. But on my escape I screwed up and got "suspicious" so the whole thing was ruined! Completed it at least.

One thing the could improve is to Show the current status. There were some times in the main episode mission when I didn't notice I got 'suspicious' so I went on playing, very carefully. After 40 minutes, I finish and I think I got SA... nope. Should the game warn you in some way, I would have reloaded it.

GeeTeeCee

Hmm, the loading menu tip says that once an Opportunity is revealed, you don't need to discover it again, but quite a few of my previously revealed Opportunities are acting like I've never found them at all.

I also got Silent Assassin on the Elusive, but no Terminus suit unlock. Sigh...

PC performance thread:

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1186898&page=100000

Was thinking of picking it up on PC but I only an i5 4690k and a 980T with 16Gb ram and it seems like performance maybe not that hot, might wait to see if it comes to PS4.

I play on a 970 with 16GB of ram and get 60+ fps no problem, you should have zero issues with 980. I even run it at 1440p. Make sure you use the DX11 config though in the launcher, the DX12 runs like crap on nvidia cards. I believe it defaults to DX11 so you'd have to tweak it anyways.

Watched Mechanic Resurrection (M2) last night, I forgot how much Hitman-y those movies are. Its totally ludicrous story but its more of a Hitman movie than any of the Hitman movie. Its also totally like my hitman play throughs, where Jason Statham tries to be all stealthy and shit but within a minute a bodyguard spots him and he just goes out and kills everyone. Absolutely gorgeous location settings too, just like Hitman.

For anyone else who got the ET pretty fast here is a stream where the guy follows him around for a long ass time (like an hour?). The Chef's comments are AMAZING, a total caricature of a french chef
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGl-kPOiEhc

TheExodu5

Banned
I bought the intro pack, but am tempted to buy Hokkaido as well. Do I need to buy all the episodes or can I pick and choose? Are there any favorites in the list?

That is weird because I have done three elusives SA with
poison
already.
Body Found
will still come up on screen but it should not count. Did you actually lose the "
no bodies found
" bonus or was it something else?

Hmm, the loading menu tip says that once an Opportunity is revealed, you don't need to discover it again, but quite a few of my previously revealed Opportunities are acting like I've never found them at all.

I also got Silent Assassin on the Elusive, but no Terminus suit unlock. Sigh...

That tip actually only applies to Sapienza and later. The Prologue and Paris were never updated with that functionality.

KingKong

Uh, yeah, did the same, but...Body Found. No SA. Not sure why.
I thought poison kills didn't count?

It's possible you were recorded by a camera, I believe there is one above the door opposite from
where you start as a tech to go to the caviar room

NeoRaider

I need help with Paris mission.

I hacked Dalia's laptop to sabotage the auction, but nothing is happening after that and i don't know what to do next. I can't get her to check the laptop, she is walking around all the time from room to room and that's it. What do i need to do?

I need help with Paris mission.

I hacked Dalia's laptop to sabotage the auction, but nothing is happening after that and i don't know what to do next. I can't get her to check the laptop, she is walking around all the time from room to room and that's it. What do i need to do?

That is precisely the wrong way to play Hitman. There is no "one thing" you should do. Explore. Try things. Experiment. Abuse the save feature. Look at Intel, Opportunities and Challenges for inspiration.

Top Bottom