• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

NeoRaider

That is precisely the wrong way to play Hitman. There is no "one thing" you should do. Explore. Try things. Experiment. Abuse the save feature. Look at Intel, Opportunities and Challenges for inspiration.

I don't have much time to spend on game and explore, try things, wait... etc.
But thanks for the help... i guess.

I need help with Paris mission.

I hacked Dalia's laptop to sabotage the auction, but nothing is happening after that and i don't know what to do next. I can't get her to check the laptop, she is walking around all the time from room to room and that's it. What do i need to do?

I think
it's possible to do this too late, when the auction is already over. In that case it won't work.

Are the lights still off in the auction room or are they back on? Did the auctioneer say something about having technical problems?

Otherwise the only thing you can do is wait for her to come over.

NeoRaider

I think
it's possible to do this too late, when the auction is already over. In that case it won't work.

Are the lights still off in the auction room or are they back on? Did the auctioneer say something about having technical problems?

Otherwise the only thing you can do is wait for her to come over.

Um... i am not sure what you are talking about.
There are some ppl sitting in the auction room staring at their tablets all the time, and nothing else is happening.

Like i said Dalia is walking around like crazy from room to room. And another annoying woman is checking the laptop, freaking out and repeating the same damn sentences for 99th time. I think that i got headache from her.

Um... i am not sure what you are talking about.
There are some ppl sitting in the auction room staring at their tablets all the time, and nothing else is happening.

Like i said Dalia is walking around like crazy from room to room. And another annoying woman is checking the laptop, freaking out and repeating the same damn sentences for 99th time. I think that i got headache from her.

That other woman should leave, and then when she is gone Dalia should check the laptop. Is the guard outside on the balcony still there? He needs to leave with her.

You might need to start over if she's stuck and doesn't leave.

NeoRaider

That other woman should leave, and then when she is gone Dalia should check the laptop. Is the guard outside on the balcony still there? He needs to leave with her.

You might need to start over if she's stuck and doesn't leave.

Yes the guy is still there on the balcony and that woman is walking to the door in front of the table and laptop but then she is coming back checking the laptop and repeating the same damn thing all the time.

Start over from where?? :/

Cartas

Neo Member
Uh, yeah, did the same, but...Body Found. No SA. Not sure why.
I thought poison kills didn't count?

I had the same issue! I read elsewhere that leaving the level within seconds of killing the target, regardless of whether or not you did it silently, stops you from achieving the SA rank. Apparently to stop people "abusing" the system by blowing up the target then exiting the level before anyone notices the body... seems like a stupid "fix" though, penalising proper players. :(

Yes the guy is still there on the balcony and that woman is walking to the door in front of the table and laptop but then she is coming back checking the laptop and repeating the same damn thing all the time.

Start over from where?? :/

Either start from before you sabotaged the auction or start the level over.

You could just finish off your current run with a different kill.

Ha, the Terminus suit prompts the same audio responses from NPCs as the Requiem suit. Especially funny if you wear it to the fashion show in Paris. Just realised it has the plaster & rivulet of blood too, nice touch (although IIRC not accurate to Absolution's timeline? Not that it matters.)

Has anyone else noticed an increase in NPCs seeing through walls since the release of Hokkaido? Don't know if they messed something up but I've had it happen at least one per game session since the Episode 6 update. Paris seems to be the worst for it.

NeoRaider

Either start from before you sabotaged the auction or start the level over.

You could just finish off your current run with a different kill.

Finished it! :)
It was a bug, annoying woman was stuck in the loop so i had to subdue her, did the same to guard on the balcony and then Dalia enters the room to check the laptop.

Can't believe they didn't fix this bug almost one year after the release of the episode, really disappointing.

Joeku

I had the same issue! I read elsewhere that leaving the level within seconds of killing the target, regardless of whether or not you did it silently, stops you from achieving the SA rank. Apparently to stop people "abusing" the system by blowing up the target then exiting the level before anyone notices the body... seems like a stupid "fix" though, penalising proper players. :(

Did you exit before "Unnoticed Kill" popped up on the screen? That seems to be the reason, according to a YouTuber.

Welp.

Fuck me and fuck that.

"Hey, that's a dead body! Oh wait, no, he was just poisoned. I guess it was an accident."

Pfft.

atomico

I got stuck on the 4th step of the Escalation mission in Hokkaido and was ready to give up... but now I'm actually trying to slash every single npc on the map (except the director) with the Katana
disguised as Bruce Lee

I know, I'm playing it wrong but it's just so much fun...

NeoRaider

You're right dude I'm sorry, my reply was worse than useless, it was condescending. I apologize. It's not my place to tell you how to enjoy something.

Lol, it's ok, don't worry.
Maybe you wasn't sure what it is about. And you answered the way you did.

Clearly it was a bug since i am not the only one experiencing that. I googled it few minutes ago and many players had the same bug. I just wasn't sure that it's a bug at first.

I think that everyone is able to experience this game in their own way and that's the best thing about it.

Daffy Duck

Why? You're not gonna get better performance on PS4.

Was just the fact of comfort on the PS4 (sitting on the couch) vs the hassle of messing around with configs endlessly chasing acceptable performance on PC, purely on that.

I play on a 970 with 16GB of ram and get 60+ fps no problem, you should have zero issues with 980. I even run it at 1440p. Make sure you use the DX11 config though in the launcher, the DX12 runs like crap on nvidia cards. I believe it defaults to DX11 so you'd have to tweak it anyways.

]

Hmmm, now you're swinging me back. I guess there's always the refund policy if I'm not fully happy.

Phionoxx

Was all set to play after leaving my PC on overnight with the game installing. Went to start playing, hit with an error, invalid .dll file, missing or corrupt, etc. Validated game files and Steam says 4 files were bad and have to be redone, totaling 4.9 GBs. SOON Hitman, SOON.

I hope wearing the winter suit in Marrakech and the white yukata in Paris causes some funny dialogue.

Right now, wearing the tuxedo in other levels still gives you Paris dialogue. ("Afterparty at Sato's hotel?")

It'll get fixed eventually. Some of it shouldn't be changed, though - like how NPCs giving your description to guards can't get over how well-dressed you were.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Should I buy the remaining two episodes at $27 CAD for both, or the Upgrade pack at $33 CAD? Are those extra missions worth it?

Joeku

There's those two and another episode yet to come, so you might as well, yes.

I say this as another Canadian. This game is worth the price.

etta

my hard graphic balls
There's those two and another episode yet to come, so you might as well, yes.

I say this as another Canadian. This game is worth the price.
I know I loved what I played of Paris, but I just kinda stopped after that to wait for it all to come out. I still picked up the episodes and checked them out for 5 min, and now I'm only missing Colorado and Hokkaido, so $27 v. $33 for the upgrade pack.
I guess I'll just get that, then.
Season 2 will just continue with new episodes and upgrade pack, probably?

Bought the game for $30 on the sale on Steam, was always planning on getting it after the Giantbomb videos so this was an instant no brainer. Already put in 6 hours.

Also just tried my first escalation, got to the second phase of the saber on Sapienza, and I managed to just kill everyone with no pacifying and killed the dude I needed to. However, in my dumbness a Women noticed me and I had dropped the sword, I proceeded to punch her out and instantly failed lmao I'm such an idiot.

I don't have much time to spend on game and explore, try things, wait... etc.
But thanks for the help... i guess.

There's a good chance Hitman isn't for you, then. Besides Absolution, this franchise has always been very heavy on exploring and experimenting with different approaches.

NeoRaider

There's a good chance Hitman isn't for you, then. Besides Absolution, this franchise has always been very heavy on exploring and experimenting with different approaches.

What i'm doing right now is playing through all the missions, not really paying attention to all the challenges, achievements and stuff. I mean i am not finishing Paris, killing both targets then going back to the same mission again to try and see different approaches. You know what i mean?

I am having fun so far, and i loved Absolution too.

So the only elusive suits to get are the SA suits if you got the 13 elusives done? They're not gonna tact on any more elusive rewards for simple completion?

Prurient

Banned
So I think my unlocking of the SA suit in the new Elusive Target is definitely broken, I've tried all the steps, had the SA pop-up at the end, but no unlock. I played through the first mission again to completion as I heard that might help but with no luck. I'm also pretty sure I didn't leave the level too fast as I hung around in the stairwell to make sure he
at the poisoned caviar
, and then walked to an exit.

According to earlier up this page,
you actually need to wait until it is found (which marks the poison kill flag and ensures you don't get penalized) rather than leave before.

Deadstar

I poisioned the Chef's caviar and bodies shouldn't count in poisonings/accidents but I got a 0 in bodies found. I tried to exit before his body was found but I missed it by a second.

Man, I don't know if I want to risk that happening. Might do the old
coin
in the
bathroom
if you know what I mean.

What's the glitch?
Apparently people were abusing the game systems by getting spectacular, non-accident kills and then exiting the level before someone could investigate and find the body (thus getting a no bodies found bonus). To address that, IO seem to have changed it so that a kill only counts as unnoticed once "Unnoticed Kill" appears on the screen. It means you might have to wait a few extra seconds if you're standing at an exit when the Target dies.

It's not a glitch, it's a deliberate change in the game systems, but it caught quite a few people out with the current Elusive:
if you were standing at an exit waiting for your poison to kill the target, if you left immediately upon getting the target eliminated message, without waiting for "Unnoticed Kill" to pop up, then you lost the no bodies found bonus and missed out on Silent Assassin.

So the only elusive suits to get are the SA suits if you got the 13 elusives done? They're not gonna tact on any more elusive rewards for simple completion?
No, they also added new suits for completing one Elusive Target on each level. If you completed The Chef then you would've got the Paris one (Tuxedo with gloves). You'll need to complete one Elusive on each of the other levels to get those new suits.

I guess I could have been caught by this bug too if I hadn't stuck around to make sure
he actually ate the caviar

I wonder what it is that's preventing the appropriate "body found" status register instantly when the kill is made. I think the problem might actually be that explosions throw bodies into the air, so the game actually has to wait to calculate whether the body has been found.

But other kill types should not require the same delay to calculate that.

Apparently people were abusing the game systems by getting spectacular, non-accident kills and then exiting the level before someone could investigate and find the body (thus getting a no bodies found bonus). To address that, IO seem to have changed it so that a kill only counts as unnoticed once "Unnoticed Kill" appears on the screen. It means you might have to wait a few extra seconds if you're standing at an exit when the Target dies.

It's not a glitch, it's a deliberate change in the game systems, but it caught quite a few people out with the current Elusive:
if you were standing at an exit waiting for your poison to kill the target, if you left immediately upon getting the target eliminated message, without waiting for "Unnoticed Kill" to pop up, then you lost the no bodies found bonus and missed out on Silent Assassin.
Dang, I fudged up.

Chumley

Banned
I failed the recent Bangkok one because of the abhorrent design oversight with the guards going immediately hostile if you dare to walk into their space. Killed both of the targets and the only way to leave was through them. Fuck that ET.

Just picked up the full season on Steam and the amount of content here is staggering. I expected a couple of escalations and challenges per map, but there's just SO MUCH to do.

Seregil

So I missed out on SA for the chef because I left the mission early after poisoning him, but I played the normal Paris mission again, got SA on the mission and then I got credit for getting SA on an elusive target and unlocked the Terminus suit. I still don't have credit for getting SA on the chef, but i have credit for completing 1 SA elusive target. Weird.

I failed the recent Bangkok one because of the abhorrent design oversight with the guards going immediately hostile if you dare to walk into their space. Killed both of the targets and the only way to leave was through them. Fuck that ET.

With The Chef it became clear to me that elusive targets right now are kind of tuned for people who play them slowly and cautiously. This is why the
poison
opportunity exists - because it happens only once and will be missed by players who play slowly.

They're also really attached to the idea of hiding certain surprises using intentionally vague briefings and intel. The fail conditions for The Fixer were also designed under the assumption that people were hanging back and watching rather than throwing the duck as soon as they see the target.

You know what I expect any day now? An elusive target surrounded by civilians who all turn out to be plainclothes bodyguards with concealed pistols.

Top Bottom