• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Yeah, if you disable Instinct it's basically Blood Money. I really like it. But if disconnects happen often i understand why people are displeased. I also don't understand why this game has always-online DRM. It's a single player game!

It's lazy, crappy DRM game-as-service bullshit and an error from SE. I hope it will be patched out, or failing that, that hackers will release a patch to get rid of it. Still, it' a good Hitman game and I will put my money where my mouth is by buying the upgrade pack right now.

tanuki

I can't find a crowbar in Paris, is there one around? I tried to cause an accident with
the lights on the runway but apparently I can't release the lights by shooting them.

Oh jesus almost fucked up a three person contract because I forgot I had a gun on my back due to the palace guard outfit I had earlier. Luckily the guy who told me to drop the gun was my target. I fake surrendered and beat the shit out of him in a secluded room. Ran away.

I can't find a crowbar in Paris, is there one around? I tried to cause an accident with
the lights on the runway but apparently I can't release the lights by shooting them.
There is one right there before you jump to the light rig. Not on the side with the auction, but the attic. Also one in the basement in the hallway.

There's definitely one down in the sewer area. I'm sure there's one in the attic as well, plus one outside but I don't know where.

MUnited83

For you.

When you start the game, go to the left side of the caslte (where there is a guard talking to a staff member and enter that restricted area. There will be a crowbar in that area next to some of the boxes.

There is one right there before you jump to the light rig. Not on the side with the action, but the attic. Also one in the basement in the hallway.
Lol, yeah, almost forgot that one, definitely the easiest and closest to the lights one cant get.

Head to the left from the entrance. Jump the fence, sneaking around the right hugging the wall. You should come to stairs right in front of you leading to the basement, which the door is locked. When you're facing them, it's to your left on top of a crate.

Sometimes it sucks how the player's position affects enemy scripting. Stuff like Novikov waiting for you before he come down the stair, and the auction not starting until you arrive is okay. But things like Novikov changing his routine because you've gone upstairs can be problematic.

I set up the
electrical death trap
, then sneaked around the building and climbed a drainpipe up to the top floor. I then sat there on the balcony for minutes waiting for him to die, but it never happened. Climbing up a pipe changed his route. You literal wait to wait around and watch to make sure he dies.

Yeah I had the same problem, followed him around for 20 minutes before giving up and trying something else.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Has anyone done the contract with the 3 chefs using the signature suit? How did you even make it down there without a disguise?

Super easy.

Go through the main entrance where the red carpet is. To the left side of the stairs is a door. Go down and through the changing rooms, carry on until you come across all 3 chefs. You can leave just nearby.

MUnited83

For you.
Has anyone done the contract with the 3 chefs using the signature suit? How did you even make it down there without a disguise?

Pretty easy, sneak up through the left part of the palace(jump the fence). Pick up the crowbar, and go through the stairs leading to the entry to the basement, opening it with the crowbar. Once there sneaking to the chefs part is trivial, and then you can use coins or throwing stuff to separate the chefs.

MaKTaiL

I'm really addicted to this game. I can't stop doing contracts and replaying Paris. I'm not even done with all the challenges yet. The first Elusive Target and the next Escalation Mission next week will be golden, can't wait.

I can't even get through the menus due to connectivity issues at the moment.

It's a real shame because the game is fun but as a product it's an utter joke.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's lazy, crappy DRM game-as-service bullshit and an error from SE. I hope it will be patched out, or failing that, that hackers will release a patch to get rid of it. Still, it' a good Hitman game and I will put my money wherer my mouth is by buying the upgrade pack right now.

It's a fantastic hitman game..

I mean we're only one level in so far, but depending on the quality of the other levels, it could be as good or better than Blood Money, annoying online connectivity aside.

MaKTaiL

I mean we're only one level in so far, but depending on the quality of the other levels, it could be as good or better than Blood Money, annoying online connectivity aside.

Earlier impressions from the second episode around the internet say it's bigger than the Paris map and much more vertical as well. One of the previews even said the second episode had really strong GOTY vibes.

EDIT

I just found this image on Google. Do you guys think they plan to add different time of day settings in the future? This is the Paris map at night and raining. It would be awesome.

Hitman-2.jpg

NeoGiff

How do you get the trophy for setting a high score on a contract? I got 210,000 twice in a row (bugged I know), and there's nothing I could have done better either time.

Rebel Leader

Earlier impressions from the second episode around the internet say it's bigger than the Paris map and much more vertical as well. One of the previews even said the second episode had really strong GOTY vibes.

EDIT

I just found this image on Google. Do you guys think they plan to add different time of day settings in the future? This is the Paris map at night and raining. It would be awesome.

Hitman-2.jpg

I hope they do in one point or in future games..

For instance, the guards could see and follow the trail of water right to you. Or you make more noise of non carpet floors

MaKTaiL

IS that the Paris map? I mean it looks like it but I don't think I saw that building or NPCs out shopping like that.

Maybe it's a different mission on a different day on the same map. There were rumors each location would have two missions, maybe that's a picture of it.

EDIT

Nevermind. It's a concept art.

I was gonna say, it' be cool to have night/weather options. But then they'd have to create different variations of the level and different patterns for NPCs. With the monthly releases, I'd rather they focus on getting new weekly targets.

And this method imho of yearly release throughout the year is better by far. If you wanna play the game a lot you HAVE to replay the levels over and over again, explore different rooms, etc...

Before you'd likely play the level once and that's it

The episodic release model is significantly better than what they previously went for with releasing 2 levels and adding more later. This is especially so considering the likes of SFV and other games that charge 60 bucks and go "oh we'll finish the game release more free content later throughout the year!"

At least now you can just pay 15 bucks and get all that they currently have to offer, and then decide if you want to pay for more later.

I paid for the whole thing because I knew I would pay for the whole thing eventually, might as get it all out of the way and get the snazzy white suit.

Also what's the rubber ducky for people? Is it an explosive?

I pre-ordered the intro pack for the fancy white suit myself lol.

The Pale Duck is indeed an explosive.

I paid for the whole thing because I knew I would pay for the whole thing eventually, might as get it all out of the way and get the snazzy white suit.

jediyoshi

This is especially so considering the likes of SFV and other games that charge 60 bucks and go "oh we'll finish the game release more free content later throughout the year!"

At least now you can just pay 15 bucks and get all that they currently have to offer, and then decide if you want to pay for more later.

These two still aren't mutually exclusive scenarios. If this game was above that, they wouldn't have done the exact thing you're decrying :p

These two still aren't mutually exclusive scenarios. If this game was above that, they wouldn't have done the exact thing you're decrying :p

My point is that there's the option to pay for a price that's much easier for people to stomach for the amount of content that is currently present in the game.

Foffy

Banned
Are the Escalation missions not available for Paris yet?

More Escalations are coming this week. We are also getting the first Elusive Target this week, or the start of next week. The Community Manager at IO said the first Target will launch within 10 days of the game's release.

Yes, it's a bomb.

Moff

How do you get the trophy for setting a high score on a contract? I got 210,000 twice in a row (bugged I know), and there's nothing I could have done better either time.

were you the first to get that result on those spezific contracts?
if yes, it's a bug
many challenges and achievements are bugged at the moment

KorrZ

Haven't had any real server disconnect issues yet (thankfully). Completed the Paris mission last night after playing for over an hour on just my first go. Loved every second of it.

Depending on how the rest of the content turns out going forward this could easily be the best game in the series. Escalation mode is particularly cool.

NaviLink

So, if I understand correctly, a new map/contract/mission will be released each month, and a full disc release will be available early 2017. Am I correct?

I'm not really keen on dropping money on episodic content, as much as I like Hitman. I just want a complete game and play through missions when I want to.

Moff

So, if I understand correctly, a new map/contract/mission will be released each month, and a full disc release will be available early 2017. Am I correct?

I'm not really keen on dropping money on episodic content, as much as I like Hitman. I just want a complete game and play through missions when I want to.

not each month, I think it will be 7 missions total and the full disc release is january 2017
I don't like episodic content either but I think it works really well here. I spend a lot more time in the levels and it's absolutely worth it because they are so huge, I would very likely not do that if I had all of them at once and simply move to the next mission after I completed them and maybe revisit 2 or 3 times. not the mention the timed events and stuff like that.

justjim89

Sometimes throwing a coin will cause all the audio to fail until I restart the game. That's lame considering how long the initial load can be.

I also accomplished this by
grabbing a remote explosive device from the attic, next to the computer monitors. Detonated it next to the winch.

NaviLink

not each month, I think it will be 7 missions total and the full disc release is january 2017
I don't like episodic content either but I think it works really well here. I spend a lot more time in the levels and it's absolutely worth it because they are so huge, I would very likely not do that if I had all of them at once and simply move to the next mission after I completed them and maybe revisit 2 or 3 times. not the mention the timed events and stuff like that.

Thanks for the answer. I was reading about the timed events/targets, not sure how it's implemented in the game, but it's a nice new feature.

The online DRM and what I'm reading about it don't wanna make me buy the game, though.

Why do I keep getting "Crime Noticed" and then the Compromised status when I kill Margolis as Kruger in the private meeting? Even though "Unnoticed Kill" shows up immediately afterwards, and nobody reacts when I walk out.

Why do I keep getting "Crime Noticed" and then the Compromised status when I kill Margolis as Kruger in the private meeting? Even though "Unnoticed Kill" shows up immediately afterwards, and nobody reacts when I walk out.

maybe those two if she notices you do something and your role is compromised with her. But then after she's killed, nobody else found out.

Or simply someone found a body of yours/sign of a crime somewhere else.

Rebel Leader

i poisoned her dink when she move to tlak on the phone. Nothing like that happens

Najaf

Utter bullshit... Was on my way to an exit after a perfect 5 target contract. 30 minutes of effort... server disconnect. How about a "you have lost connection to the server, would you like to attempt reconnect or exit" option. Its not hard...

Great game torn apart by terrible DRM...

Murkas

Apart from the long loading times and server crap, I'm really liking this game. If all missions are like this, I can see this up there with Blood Money.

Latest Paris attempt : start as
waiter in the cellar because I unlocked poison syringe and wanted to get the poison cocktail challenge, run up and notice game isn't letting me poison the drinks, think wtf, decide to do Kruger meeting Dalia challenge and come back to Viktor after, get in the meeting with her, shoot her in the head, go to drag her body and notice poison pills on her desk, love this game.

I spent most of yesterday playing this game, and I'm enjoying it too...going back into right now, but man...some of these challenges I'm just not even sure how to pull off. Push the woman on top of the man, like wtf lol.

Top Bottom