• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

GARGH

Been trying to do the Paris silent assassin task. Suit, not spotted, etc. I've got a route perfectly mapped out but I keep getting spotted by the female target every time just before I kill her. Other than that my run is perfect.

I hate asking for help with this, but where the heck is the wench for the chandelier in the auction room? I wanted to do that multiple times but didnt see where to drop it from.

Barrylad

Neo Member
Really, really loving this, although the server issues are a total bummer.

The vastness of the Paris level is just incredible. The amount of replay value for each area (presuming it's the same for other maps) is pretty staggering - it doesn't even feel like filler to compensate for the episodic structure. I want to explore every nook and cranny of this level and see every possible playthrough. It's superlative design. Kudos to them for the effort.

I love the balancing of the disguises in this game - which is a welcome change after Absolution was such a mess in that regard. Everyone who shared your costume being able to see through it was a maddening decision. I much prefer how this game very deliberately picks certain NPCs as more observant than others, so you have a nice balance of challenge and that 'hiding in plain sight' charm.

My only gripes other than the server stuff is that it isn't well explained how you get better equipment (I only learned via Googling that you get the sniper rifle etc via leveling up your Mastery rank in Paris), some AI funkiness (rare, but it is in there) and the episodic structure. While I do think there's a fabulous amount of content in this starter pack, and my issue isn't to do with value, I just wish I had new areas to explore.

I fully intend to play each area to death over the next few months, but I'd really prefer the 'traditional' approach of being able to play through each level once, and then replaying stages at my leisure. Still, at least this structure does give me something to look forward to every month.

Silent assassin with suit done, I abused the save system thouht.

Paris escalade mode can't come soon enough. In the meantime, I think I will create a contract
murder by electrocution w/ magician costume
:3

MUnited83

For you.
Silent assassin with suit done, I abused the save system thouht.

Paris escalade mode can't come soon enough. In the meantime, I think I will create a contract
murder by electrocution w/ magician costume
:3

Sadly the contracts mode is really basic right now so electrocution will just a appear as "use any weapon"

Also, doing a run without saving is the best :p Curious with method's people used for the Silent Assassin Suit Only challenge. I have a pretty good run figured out but it takes 10 minutes to complete.

maybe those two if she notices you do something and your role is compromised with her. But then after she's killed, nobody else found out.

Or simply someone found a body of yours/sign of a crime somewhere else.

Man, if victims noticing their own death count as "Compromised" then there would be no way to kill anyone properly in this game.

And it's definitely not something else being discovered. I have now tried the wire, the syringe, and drowning, and all trigger the "Compromised" status.

i poisoned her dink when she move to tlak on the phone. Nothing like that happens

Well, you're right about that - that's the only method that doesn't trigger "Compromised" for me. The problem is that a bodyguard seems to telepathically know to enter the room as soon as the body falls.

I think there's something wrong with this save. Going to restart.

MUnited83

For you.
can't believe they omitted a search function for contracts. other than that, the game is near perfect.

Contracts mode is weirdly half-assed. No search function, no friend's contracts, no favorites, lack of variables (you can't make it so your contract uses accidents only, neither can you set it so you can't knock out anyone)

Messi

Earlier impressions from the second episode around the internet say it's bigger than the Paris map and much more vertical as well. One of the previews even said the second episode had really strong GOTY vibes.

EDIT

I just found this image on Google. Do you guys think they plan to add different time of day settings in the future? This is the Paris map at night and raining. It would be awesome.

Hitman-2.jpg

That was the first concept piece these used when they released a statement about what this game would be and stating what they intended to change from absolution.

thenexus6

Had a heart pumping moment taking out Dalia.
Hid in the toilet as a bodyguard, threw a coin thinking her personal guy would come in to investigate the sound but she did! Quick fibre wire then i'm out.

The easiest way to take out both by far is rat poison their drinks but thats a little boring

There are some challenges which I really don't know how i'm going to pull off like

Push Dalia onto Viktor. Also I am very curious where the safe room is

Nimajneb

You can also go to the balcony, subdue the guard there, and then shoot the chandelier through the window when she starts her speech.

Really? I tried this many different times in many different ways, including through the closed door, but I got spotted every time. I eventually just gave up on the
chandelier drop.
The AI seems to be weirdly inconsistent.

MUnited83

For you.
Really? I tried this many different times in many different ways, including through the closed door, but I got spotted every time. I eventually just gave up on the
chandelier drop.
The AI seems to be weirdly inconsistent.

Use the middle door. You get spotted if you shoot through the left or right door you will be spotted, but not in the middle one. To be certain, point the gun at it before it starts. If you don't hear the sound of someone noticing it, you're golden.

Man, if victims noticing their own death count as "Compromised" then there would be no way to kill anyone properly in this game.

And it's definitely not something else being discovered. I have now tried the wire, the syringe, and drowning, and all trigger the "Compromised" status.

Well, you're right about that - that's the only method that doesn't trigger "Compromised" for me. The problem is that a bodyguard seems to telepathically know to enter the room as soon as the body falls.

I think there's something wrong with this save. Going to restart.

sounds like a similar bug I was getting in the beta with a save. whenever I'd kill a chef inside a room with no one nearby I'd keep getting "crime noticed" and people rushing the room. Try a new save.

justjim89

It's weird how Contracts mode was more fleshed out and fully featured in fucking Absolution. Just did a pretty fun one where you have to take out all the roof guards in Final Test in training gear. Actually helped me figure out a good route through the level with no pacifications. Although technically, even if the required disguise is training gear, you can still exit the level in disguise for an easy way out.

The audio dropping out glitch is really frustrating, still.

It's weird how Contracts mode was more fleshed out and fully featured in fucking Absolution. Just did a pretty fun one where you have to take out all the roof guards in Final Test in training gear. Actually helped me figure out a good route through the level with no pacifications. Although technically, even if the required disguise is training gear, you can still exit the level in disguise for an easy way out.

The audio dropping out glitch is really frustrating, still.

Not really. That was a complete game. This isn't.

Are there any videos of high level play of this on youtube yet? I havent had any luck finding any, and Ive done some of the challenges, but I feel clumsy compared to what some experts could probably do.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
- You do not unlock things for the level, like new spawning locations and items.
- You cannot use ANYTHING you've unlocked offline. This includes the Silverballers, 47's trademark fucking gun.

Fucks sake. Hoping the servers sort themselves out soon. I'd like to actually be able to finish a mission.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh more disconnections today. if they just put a retry option on the notification instead of going back to the menu where you reconnect straight away it wouldnt be so bad. Playing this game is such a chore.

MUnited83

For you.
Are there any videos of high level play of this on youtube yet? I havent had any luck finding any, and Ive done some of the challenges, but I feel clumsy compared to what some experts could probably do.

I'm working on doing a Suit Only Silent Assassin speedrun but there's so many different routes and opportunities to explore that deciding a proper route is hard. H have a video of a Suit Only Silent Assassin run using accidents only, but it involves quite a bit of waiting and a clumsy exit.

This one is not bad : Showstopper silent assassin + suit. There are a lot of good tricks for the level in it : the VIP invitation and climbing to 2F (it will help if you want to do Mr Reaper challenge), climbing again to reach Dahlia's room...

For the silent assassin suit only, do you need to use the agent 47 suit? Or does the Tuxedo still work?

The tuxedo should work. Basically, you must complete the assassinations with your starting suit. I don't know if it works with an undercover starting point, though.

Moff

I just love doing the challenges, because you can act much more freely when you do them
i mean I love being in true hitman mode, undetected, only killing targets, hiding everything.
but when you just do the challenges I am having fun just shooting everyone in the face, still silently of course, and finish the levels like this, they add so much more playtime and fun to the game.
and now with the mission mastery they even feel really worthwhile outside of just being fun.

and damn that level is just so well designed, I am still finding new stuff, new ways and possibilities.

When you do a contract perfectly until one douchebag sees you at the end as you do the deed, and I ain't fucking restarting lol I don't care enough.

They'll have to seriously check the chandeliers in paris. So many people keep dying by chandelier.

DukeBobby

If the other levels in the game are as replayable as Paris, this will likely be my most played game of the year.

Just finished my 4th run of the Paris mission and I've only done about half of the challenges.

MaKTaiL

If the other levels in the game are as replayable as Paris, this will likely be my most played game of the year.

Just finished my 4th run of the Paris mission and I've only done about half of the challenges.
They will. The next map in Italy (Sapienza) will be bigger than Paris.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Shame people are writing this off because of the connectivity issues. 14 hours in and still having a blast.

I agree but if this forces their hand to make improvements it's a good thing. The current state of the game is unacceptable.

I hope that the monthly updates aren't just content drops and they're actually open to feedback before the retail release because that's a storm waiting to happen

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is the challenge where you have to take out Dalia with a pistol headshot after she greets you as Reaper bugged?

I hide in her bathroom after being greeted by her in the auction and wait for her to come in then shoot her in the head with my silenced pistol when she starts talking on the phone but the challenge doesn't unlock. Don't tell me that I have to shoot her right after she talks to me in the auction in front of a dozen people

Is the challenge where you have to take out Dalia with a pistol headshot after she greets you as Reaper bugged?

I hide in her bathroom after being greeted by her in the auction and wait for her to come in then shoot her in the head with my silenced pistol when she starts talking on the phone but the challenge doesn't unlock. Don't tell me that I have to shoot her right after she talks to me in the auction in front of a dozen people

Either buggy or not really well explained, I had some difficulties to get it too.
When I finally got it, I shot her in the head, inside her room overlooking the runway, and taking out without killing him her secretary moments before.

MaKTaiL

I had problems with this too. The way I made it work was
using the original gun (not the ones you unlock), and killing her with the animation from behind (where 47 takes two shots on her back) instead of aiming and shooting.

Alf-Life

Love love LOVE the game.

Hate hate hate the online. I have a pretty awesome connection and yet I've had drops or the Hitman server messing up while I was on a golden Silent Assassin run, booting me to the Menu (Loooooong load times wtf?).
Not as frustrating as The Division which I also had issues with because at least I can still play offline, but super immersion-breaking and having to start a clean run from a Load only in offline mode feels awkward.

Top Bottom