• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

pots555

In just under an hour:

-the game completely froze on my during a cutscene.
-got disconnected two times.
-serious framerate drops (borderline unplayable)

As so many have stated, it's sad because it is such an awesome game. Quick question: is it normal that the challenges reset themselves when you load a prior save and you have to redo all of them?

Thanks!

Can anyone give me some hints on the first Sarajevo Six mission? Does the target move from one area to another and then just stay there?

he goes from the top floor to the basement computer room, and stays there. it takes him a while though.

I killed him the main way I could do it without disrupting too much
when he's going down one of the stairs you drop the chandelier on him

Foffy

Banned
he goes from the top floor to the basement computer room, and stays there. it takes him a while though.

That's the light rig that can kill him? The image on that hit shows the runway rig..I was wondering how he gets there.

Few things I haven't discovered by myself yet:

Where is the safe room?

In the cellar, there is a room with plenty of computers and security spooks. NW on the map, I believe ? May be wrong.

I never seen Dahlia taking refuge there, thought. I wonder how you do that.

Jintor

In the cellar, there is a room with plenty of computers and security spooks. NW on the map, I believe ? May be wrong.

I never seen Dahlia taking refuge there, thought. I wonder how you do that.

Oh that room IS the safehouse? I thought it was just a security hub

Push Dalia onto Viktor.
This requires you to get the fireworks detonator. When the fireworks go off after a minute or so Dalia is right above Viktor and all you do is get behind her and push her. The tricky part is getting into the same room as her but I just took the Sheikh's disguise. Easier than you think tbh.

vpance

How do you complete Showstopper without killing innocents? Seems impossible, yet it's a requirement for SA challenge.

Or am I supposed to trigger Showstopper when no ones around...? And then kill the Novikov?

How do you complete Showstopper without killing innocents? Seems impossible, yet it's a requirement for SA challenge.

Or am I supposed to trigger Showstopper when no ones around...? And then kill the Novikov?
Don't quote me on this, because I haven't even played Paris yet, but I think that Showstopper is the name of the mission in general. I think it just means that you need to complete the Paris mission in general.

vpance

Don't quote me on this, because I haven't even played Paris yet, but I think that Showstopper is the name of the mission in general. I think it just means that you need to complete the Paris mission in general.

Yep you're right. I was connecting Lights Out with Showstopper for some reason, lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Oh wow, didn't even know he moved, I dealt with him staying at the bottom.

I had to clear out like 4-5 guards, slowly luring them out by doing stuff like disabling the fuse box, lol. I eventually cleared them out and was free to just strangle him.

Oh wow, didn't even know he moved, I dealt with him staying at the bottom.

I had to clear out like 4-5 guards, slowly luring them out by doing stuff like disabling the fuse box, lol. I eventually cleared them out and was free to just strangle him.

I wish the AI was smarter for situations like these.

Like if the guy is standing in a room filled with people and then there's nobody there he should go "what the fuck is going on"

Or if you see one guy entering a room with someone, then that same person coming out with the person's clothes lol

Papercuts

I wish the AI was smarter for situations like these.

Like if the guy is standing in a room filled with people and then there's nobody there he should go "what the fuck is going on"

Or if you see one guy entering a room with someone, then that same person coming out with the person's clothes lol

There's something amazingly videogame-y about it all that I dig, but yeah I agree it'd be nice. Same with what is probably always the easiest way to kill people in this: poison a drink, they throw up(while their bodyguard is standing RIGHT OUTSIDE), and you can just go in and drown them, walk out and they never question it.

I do like that Dalia notices when the guard in her room is gone atleast.

Foffy

Banned
There's something amazingly videogame-y about it all that I dig, but yeah I agree it'd be nice. Same with what is probably always the easiest way to kill people in this: poison a drink, they throw up(while their bodyguard is standing RIGHT OUTSIDE), and you can just go in and drown them, walk out and they never question it.

I do like that Dalia notices when the guard in her room is gone atleast.

Viktor makes note if Kurt is gone, too.

They could force you to hide in the bathroom before anyone arrives (which is what I did, because I just assumed you had to). It's not even that challenging.

Is the game just not coded to have people dynamically starting/stopping guarding doors?

commissar

Game is fun...but it seems to be running in limited HDMI? Everything is tinged a bit grey for some reason. I'm on an nvidia 970 with my lcd connected through Displayport in case theres a hidden driver setting i dont know about.

Anyone know whats up?

MayMay

Banned
I am loving the game so far, but yeah.. the AI is a bit wonky. I was doing a random contract and decided to do something really stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PZToDieciI

I shot the guy next to his bodyguard in a crowd full of people and I was legit able to walk (!) all the way to the exit point afterwards lol. Video is cut short but I made it to the exit just fine.

vpance

Game is fun...but it seems to be running in limited HDMI? Everything is tinged a bit grey for some reason. I'm on an nvidia 970 with my lcd connected through Displayport in case theres a hidden driver setting i dont know about.

Anyone know whats up?

I noticed the same thing, and I don't think it's a gamma problem either. Might be a design choice but I doubt it.

For the Do Me I Dare You contract, does Tren Po ever move?

If not, I don't see how I can take him out without getting caught

Tag spoilers if u feel the need to

Has anybody got experience as far as refunds on digital content on Xbox One goes or is it a no go?

This game should be great but the connectivity is beyond a joke and I'd like to make a small point by getting my money back.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
For the Do Me I Dare You contract, does Tren Po ever move?

If not, I don't see how I can take him out without getting caught

Tag spoilers if u feel the need to

He never moves. You gotta force him with coins. Even the fire alarm he wont budge.

where do i find the Cardboard Box?

t-there's a metal gear solid style cardboard box?

So how many missions come with this current release?

There's the first tutorial area, the second, and the paris mission.

The first two areas are fairly small areas, the paris mission is a decently big map.

Each main story mission is just one mission per area. But there are a BUNCH of contracts to kill different NPCs in each area which are all fun in their own way.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Can somebody explain to me how the business model for this game works? What do I get for $15? Will I get any of the updates that are coming out, or is each update paid? Is every update $15? Is buying the first episode alone and buying future episodes separately more expensive than buying the full pass?

I read the OP but I'm still confused.

Deadstar

In just under an hour:

-the game completely froze on my during a cutscene.
-got disconnected two times.
-serious framerate drops (borderline unplayable)

As so many have stated, it's sad because it is such an awesome game. Quick question: is it normal that the challenges reset themselves when you load a prior save and you have to redo all of them?

Thanks!

I have tested this and even though they are not checked, if you completed a challenge once you beat the mission you will get credit for it.

Can somebody explain to me how the business model for this game works? What do I get for $15? Will I get any of the updates that are coming out, or is each update paid? Is every update $15? Is buying the first episode alone and buying future episodes separately more expensive than buying the full pass?

For $15 you get the tutorial levels and the Paris map. If you like what you've played then you can pay the rest to get all of the future locations, Japan, Morocco, USA, Thailand and I think there are a few others. The $15 is basically so you can see if you like the game. I have probably over 10 hours on the Paris map alone. There are some issues for sure, but gameplay wise, this is the best Hitman game since Blood Money.

MayMay

Banned

For 15$ you get the (pretty good) tutorial missions as well as the Paris mission. You also get all the live content like contracts, elusive targets and escalation missions that are going to get added to the game from now until the next episode is out next month.

Buying the full pass is the cheapest way of getting the game, intro pack + upgrade is the second cheapest and Id assume buying every episode on its own is gonna be a bit more expensive than that.

I THINK the next episode is not gonna be 15$ anymore, by the way. It'll be cheaper.

kai3345

Banned
I'm wondering if you'll be able to skip episodes. Like if for some reason one of the levels isn't up to par, if we'd just have the option to not buy it.

Roussow

This is slightly off topic:

But I didn't exactly want to create a thread for such a simple question.
How does Blood Money hold up? I've never played it, I started to play Absolution again (the only Hitman game I've played before) a few days ago, and was having a great time with it. Then I picked up Blood Money on Steam on sale, I think I might jump into that game, then finish Absolution, and then pick up this new Hitman, at which point hopefully there's at least 2 more episodes for me.

I see nothing but praise for Blood Money, does it still hold up today without any nostalgia for it?

MUnited83

For you.

How does Blood Money hold up? I've never played it, I started to play Absolution again (the only Hitman game I've played before) a few days ago, and was having a great time with it. Then I picked up Blood Money on Steam on sale, I think I might jump into that game, then finish Absolution, and then pick up this new Hitman, at which point hopefully there's at least 2 more episodes for me.

I see nothing but praise for Blood Money, does it still hold up today without any nostalgia for it?

It definitely holds up and continues to be an amazing game. You might have problems adapting to the controls at first coming from Absolution, but all in all it holds up pretty well.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Blood Money is a top tier videogame. Go for it, man.

Most definitely. Blood Money, and this game coincidentally, are more sandbox focused than Absolution. Nostalgia aside it's not that old of a title, and its biggest issue for you might be whether the more refined mechanics/core gameplay in Absolution was a big hook. Blood Money might feel clunkier, but it beats it in just about everything else and its the right metric to know what you should expect (and want hopefully) in a Hitman title.

Buying the full pass is the cheapest way of getting the game, intro pack + upgrade is the second cheapest and Id assume buying every episode on its own is gonna be a bit more expensive than that.

I THINK the next episode is not gonna be 15$ anymore, by the way. It'll be cheaper.

The latest announcement said future episodes will be $10 each. So given 5 additional locations in the upgrade pack, upgrade pack or buying episodes individually should be the same (unless even more content gets added).

Also, I think someone reported that future locations should have more than one mission per location, unlike the single mission in Paris.

Kaz42

The latest announcement said future episodes will be $10 each. So given 5 additional locations in the upgrade pack, upgrade pack or buying episodes individually should be the same (unless even more content gets added).

Also, I think someone reported that future locations should have more than one mission per location, unlike the single mission in Paris.

So if you've already bought the intro pack there really isn't any financial reason to buy the upgrade pack since you can just wait for each episode to come out and then wait for reviews/impressions and then decide to buy. Right? Or is there some incentive to buy the upgrade pack early?

Papercuts

Yeah, Blood Money is an incredible game. Every single level in it(barring the tutorial) are top tier quality and full of memorable moments. As said above though, traditionally Hitman is more sandbox based so Absolution was a pretty big change from that.

Jintor

I'm wondering if I should turn instinct for myself off. Even trying to restrict myself using it usually sees me flash it to see through walls and shit for a split second because I'm weak.

I should probably just disable it.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm wondering if I should turn instinct for myself off. Even trying to restrict myself using it usually sees me flash it to see through walls and shit for a split second because I'm weak.

Disable it, try to rely more on the mini-map which is pretty useful on its own :)

Papercuts

The biggest thing I'm iffy on is the lack of peeking through keyholes. There's a few spots in Paris where the instant I opened a door there was a person outside who would quickly raise suspicion, and the only way around that is to instinct first. If peeking was back I'd turn it off.

Though otherwise I actually think the implementation is fine here(especially with minimap and such off). Feels more fluid than using the map was.

Top Bottom