• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The_Balm

Ahhh! I electrocuted myself. I turned off the power, sabotaged the power strip and continued following the target. I eventually decided to restart and while killing time waiting for the target I forgot to turn of the power before messing with the plug again, let's just say I killed a little bit more then time...

mf.luder

As long as you don't complete any of the objectives or die you can restart. You should scout elusive targets and see what they do then restart with the equipment you might need.

FFS, no wonder I've failed both attempts (chef and angel of death). This will make the rest a breeze.

ArjanN

FFS, no wonder I've failed both attempts (chef and angel of death). This will make the rest a breeze.

I've only started using restarts since they added rewards for getting Silent Assassin on the elusives, because honestly it's basically feels like cheating.

ymgve

Ahhh! I electrocuted myself. I turned off the power, sabotaged the power strip and continued following the target. I eventually decided to restart and while killing time waiting for the target I forgot to turn of the power before messing with the plug again, let's just say I killed a little bit more then time...

Even worse - it doesn't seem like she ever walks across a puddle so you died in vain.

I managed to reset about half a second before screwing up Angel of Death.

I snuck up behind her by going up the drain pipe and stuck her with the lethal syringe but a guard spotted me doing it, I managed to restart before the syringe actually killed her though. Would have been screwed otherwise.
I used the same technique and only got away with it by a poofteenth. Still don't know how I didn't get spotted.

What are the most important mastery unlocks I should be trying to get early on?

Three things to keep in mind about mastery unlocks:

1. when running normal story mode, once you get a challenge done you do not need to complete the level. So you can power through a TON of challenges in a rapid fashion by doing one, restarting or reloading a checkpoint, doing another, etc. You have to "save smart" so options are open to you however, for example saving right after you kill a target means any challenge involving killing the target makes that save useless. Make liberal use of saves and spread them out so you have options to do multiple challenges.

2. the XP stuff tends to be a bit weird and only "racks up" once you complete a level (kill all targets, escape). But you can again stagger it all out, so do like 10-30 challenges via save/reloading, then finally finish the level and escape and you will see ALL those challenges rack up and award you XP. I've gone from level 1 mastery to like level 15 in a single "finish".

3. a lot of the challenges can be completed via contracts, not story mode. Some in fact will REQUIRE it for certain levels, like kill more targets than story targets or certain ones that require death with certain environment objects or whatever. Many challenges are far, far easier to do with contracts than story mode. From the contract start mode for a level you can flip over to the challenges tab and see which ones you can do, if its not listed there it requires story mode.

Once you get pretty good at it you can breeze through to level 20 in an hour or three with a new level, just save scumming and using contracts.

Three things to keep in mind about mastery unlocks:

1. when running normal story mode, once you get a challenge done you do not need to complete the level. So you can power through a TON of challenges in a rapid fashion by doing one, restarting or reloading a checkpoint, doing another, etc. You have to "save smart" so options are open to you however, for example saving right after you kill a target means any challenge involving killing the target makes that save useless. Make liberal use of saves and spread them out so you have options to do multiple challenges.

2. the XP stuff tends to be a bit weird and only "racks up" once you complete a level (kill all targets, escape). But you can again stagger it all out, so do like 10-30 challenges via save/reloading, then finally finish the level and escape and you will see ALL those challenges rack up and award you XP. I've gone from level 1 mastery to like level 15 in a single "finish".

3. a lot of the challenges can be completed via contracts, not story mode. Some in fact will REQUIRE it for certain levels, like kill more targets than story targets or certain ones that require death with certain environment objects or whatever. Many challenges are far, far easier to do with contracts than story mode. From the contract start mode for a level you can flip over to the challenges tab and see which ones you can do, if its not listed there it requires story mode.

Once you get pretty good at it you can breeze through to level 20 in an hour or three with a new level, just save scumming and using contracts.
You actually level up and earn unlocks without ever having to finish a level too. The bar going up after the mission is just for show.

CHC

I had a BEAUTIFUL Angel of Death kill with my friend

He was controlling, I was the handler

Started off in the the club dressed as a waiter

Left a sniper rifle in the alley

Waited in the bathroom for the soldier to enter

Toilet drown him, take his outfit, go get the rifle. Open carry it to the rooftop of the carpet shop nearby

Clear the two NPCs there and stuff them in boxes

Spend a good 5 minutes scouring the crowd until she shows up - I'm standing up, a foot away from his TV

Pop-pop - clean sniper kill

Start to run away, some guards are alerted

I tell him to climb in a box in the stairwell and keep cool

He freaks out, runs into the street, and is gunned down horrendously

ARRRRRRGH.

Since a few people asked me to do a video on it:

Hokkaido / Situs Inversus - Silent Assassin / Suit Only, using the default starting location and no equipment (so what you would be able to do with no mastery unlocks)

Imagine if this game had in-game replays: let anyone play back the route taken for any high score on the leaderboards, and jump in whenever you want. Of course, it would be impossible to record synchronizable replay data due to all the random factors.

Or at least maybe it would be possible to have a feature like in Dark Souls where you can play back how other players died... except instead you would find, in instinct mode, a blood stain where another player killed a target, and you can play back how it happened and see the other player's name. But it would just be the moment of death, so it would still leave the question of how it was set up...

So you could tease a beginner player with a vision of something tantalizing, like the exploding golf ball going off, or something completely ridiculous, like a hippie wielding a battle axe. And you could explain it away as 47's ability to see the infinite possibilities of assassination in the world?

See, that would be something you can't offer without an online connection. And it would be something many people would want.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What is the deal with the 5 second delay when going to save or load a game on the PS4? Is that due to having to talk to the server?

MUnited83

For you.
"TokenID": "PROP_MELEE_FIREAXE_HOLIDAY_PRESENT",
"CommonName": "Tool_Crowbar_Holiday_Present",
"Title": "FirepokerHolidayPresent",
"CommonName": "Melee_FireAxe_Holiday_Present",
"Description": "ui_prop_questitem_noel_holidayfireaxe_desc",
"Name_LOC": "ui_prop_questitem_noel_holidayfireaxe_name",
"Title": "Fire Axe Holiday Present",

7LumlFY.jpg

NbSZgbV.jpg

rfdOG08.png

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What happens if I complete a challenge then reload a game to where I haven't completed the challenge? It is logged as complete before I can do it again. Does it still give me XP when I complete a mission?

sonicmj1

What happens if I complete a challenge then reload a game to where I haven't completed the challenge? It is logged as complete before I can do it again. Does it still give me XP when I complete a mission?

Yes. You can reload an earlier save after completing a challenge and it will still be logged and give you XP when you finish.

The_Balm

The challenge is still completed. Yes, you'll get the XP.

Edit: ninja'd

You earn the XP the moment you complete a challenge. If that XP is enough to raise your mastery level you could immediately quit and be able to use that unlock. The after mission summary is just for show, you could get level 20 mastery and all unlocks without ever finishing a level.

sonicmj1

You earn the XP the moment you complete a challenge. If that XP is enough to raise your mastery level you could immediately quit and be able to use that unlock. The after mission summary is just for show.

This is true. I got my achievement for hitting Master Level 20 in Bangkok while I was still playing through the mission, for example.

KingKong

"TokenID": "PROP_MELEE_FIREAXE_HOLIDAY_PRESENT",
"CommonName": "Tool_Crowbar_Holiday_Present",
"Title": "FirepokerHolidayPresent",
"CommonName": "Melee_FireAxe_Holiday_Present",
"Description": "ui_prop_questitem_noel_holidayfireaxe_desc",
"Name_LOC": "ui_prop_questitem_noel_holidayfireaxe_name",
"Title": "Fire Axe Holiday Present",

7LumlFY.jpg

NbSZgbV.jpg

rfdOG08.png

awesome, but where are all these leaks coming from? Is it all datamining? People were getting the mission text and images way before they'd come out too

Idea for a seasonal unlock:

Icicle: lethal melee.
Counts as visibly armed.
Cannot be concealed.
Breaks if you throw it too much.
Melts after a predetermined period of time. Melts faster depending on the temperature given in each level's intro briefing.
Non-custom so that certain people can start making 5-target Sapienza contracts requiring the icicle for all targets. :)

Foffy

Banned
awesome, but where are all these leaks coming from? Is it all datamining? People were getting the mission text and images way before they'd come out too

This stuff was planned far in advance. Most of the leaks come back from discoveries in March, including parts of the holiday update.

The update will apparently include a free Bonus Episode, if those assets aren't clear enough now.

Gradly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT8ksrKxPEU

There is a new mission for the holidays

Coming to HITMAN on December 13th, just in time for the holiday season!
"Holiday Hoarders" is a free mission for ALL players that takes place in a festive Paris, which has been overhauled with Christmas trees, snow, decorations and presents.

The mission will be released in support of World Cancer Research Fund and we are asking players to give what they can via www.wcrf-uk.org/hitman

Murkas

What I wouldn't give for IO to patch this game to make the planning more user friendly, if you want explosives you have to keep pressing right until you reach it. Wasn't a problem at the start of the season but now with all these unlocks, it's kinda getting annoying, and if we're gonna have season 2 unlocks on top it'll get worse! This horizontal touch screen style menu needs revamping.

Hoping they just have it collapsing by topic:

>Tools
>Poison
>Distractions
>Explosives
>Pistols
>SMGS
>Shotguns
>Sniper Rifles

Then you pick one and the items with their pictures appear.

If that IO dev is reading this thread, please do this, it will make our assassination planning so much easier :(

Looking forward to the holiday episode!

tchocky

What I wouldn't give for IO to patch this game to make the planning more user friendly,

What I dislike is if you are on the bottom row scrolling it moves you to the top row for the next category. I have selected the wrong item so many times.

got this game on sale on steam, finished all the main missions except hokkaido

this is the blood money sequel I've been waiting for since 2006

Don't forget the December content schedule:

We can get 4 out of six location-specific suits by the end of the year. Colorado and Hokkaido elusive targets in January?

(I would not expect Colorado and Hokkaido elusive targets right after the disc release - new players would get wrecked jumping in)

Seronei

How do you exit Colorado by any other way than through the Long Way out, where all the info you need is?

Or is it only possible to escape from somewhere else in escalations and contracts?

How do you exit Colorado by any other way than through the Long Way out, where all the info you need is?

Or is it only possible to escape from somewhere else in escalations and contracts?

Yes, all those other exits only work outside of the story mission.

Also, one of those other exits has a secret, which is tied to one of the [REDACTED] challenges.

In order to do the bananas "Rep tires" challenge (which involves an erm...interesting way of exiting the level), you need to be outside of the story missions as well.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe. Yeah, I noticed that. Perhaps not the best idea to go for SO the first time.

Can anyone explain
how the ram kill works with the female target near the garage?

There's quite a few steps involved with this.
first disable the safety settings on the ram. Then you need to become the point man (he's the guy with a limp over by the scarecrow) and then talk to Maya so you can run the scenario where you attack the limo. after you finish she'll walk over and stand in its path and you press the button by her desk.

Joeku

Remember the Moose Easter egg in Marrakesh? (Shooting the helicopter until a moose dropped)

Turns out that was a bug; the true way of triggering that Easter egg has been discovered... And it's far more destructive ahahahahaha https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULyN7gHrng

If all it took was dropping the moose and then shooting the bells, how did it take so long for this to get found?

BUT I DONT WANNA KILL SANTA

that looks amazing, can't wait

Santa is dead.

Long live Santa.

Edit: Looks like two targets, with a slightly changed-up party setting and a santa outfit, and MAYBE a Santa on the runway thing (unless I'm mistaken)?

I love seasonal content!

MUnited83

For you.
If all it took was dropping the moose and then shooting the bells, how did it take so long for this to get found?

Santa is dead.

Long live Santa.

Well, people always assumed the easter egg was just shooting at the helicopter until it started dropping a moose, so they didn't do further searching on that.

Top Bottom