• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Joeku

Well, people always assumed the easter egg was just shooting at the helicopter until it started dropping a moose, so they didn't do further searching on that.

Yeah for sure, but I would have figured that after Colorado someone would have gone back and tried it. It's kinda crazy to me that in 2016 it took a couple months for this to be found.

Still super cool, though!

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah for sure, but I would have figured that after Colorado someone would have gone back and tried it. It's kinda crazy to me that in 2016 it took a couple months for this to be found.

well, the bells don't exist on the level until you drop the consulate moose.

I think these things basically get found at the whim of the developers being in the mood to post hints on Hitmanforum. I remember following the thread where IO was posting image hints for the Sapienza crypt easter egg... and it still took days to figure out what they meant.

Also, consider that no one has found a single proper easter egg in Paris yet.

Joeku

I think these things basically get found at the whim of the developers being in the mood to post hints on Hitmanforum. I remember following the thread where IO was posting image hints for the Sapienza crypt easter egg... and it still took days to figure out what they meant.

Also, consider that no one has found a single proper easter egg in Paris yet.

That is the weirdest thing of all now.

TheKeyPit

Banned
The coolest easter egg still hasn't been found tho.

uu9pmDP.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Cool. Using this video to help to tweak something we are working on for a future update.

Oh god are you guys going to patch civilians not being able to be suspicious of you when there's a alarm/explosions going on? Please don't ruin me ahahah

I think you do. It is a hard one to crack. But let's wait a bit ;)
Does it involve shooting stuff to activate ? :p

MUnited83

For you.
I'm not sure about that. This is part of a little bigger thing. I'll say no more :)

Nope, not this one!
Ahahaha, I shall wait and see what the December update brings. I just hope my crazy methods don't get patched out :p

Also, interesting about the easter egg. I assume it will have something to do with doing certain actions with some of the unique disguises (motorcyclist, ninja,baseball player)

Ahahaha, I shall wait and see what the December update brings. I just hope my crazy methods don't get patched out :p

Also, interesting about the easter egg. I assume it will have something to do with doing certain actions with some of the unique disguises (motorcyclist, ninja,baseball player)

Not for December.

And I think this easter egg can be done in whatever suit you want :)

Stoze

I'm so bad at The Icon mission, it should be easy one, right? I just can't do it in suit only.

I was trying to get fancy with SASO on that one like having him land on
a punctured fire extinguisher
and having a hard time, when really all you have to do is
climb into his trailer from the top and kill him when he comes in.
Just toss a coin away from it as you enter and leave and it should be enough distraction to work.

I miss having your sniper rifle in a briefcase. It added a lot of tension and I enjoyed not just having the gun strapped to your back like in this.

Dommo

Ugh I just failed the new Elusive. Super salty about it. Just spend an hour+ tracking her and laying out a plan. Feels like I just wasted a whole lot of time.

Changed to guard, leaving my waiter disguise in the shisha bathroom, picked up my sniper rifle at the pickup, went upstairs to the little rooftop just next to the shisha bathroom pipe. Waited and waited and fucking waited for her to rock up and stand completely still. Shot and killed her cleanly. Get the 'compromised' message. Cool, no worries, I'll just climb down the pipe and immediately change back into the waiter, as planned.

Climb down the pipe, immediately guards burst through the door and shoot me to death. What the fuck! How do they know exactly where I am jesus. I'm like a second away from completely getting away with it.

God damn super salty right now.

MUnited83

For you.
You can be compromised and still get SA?

Man I do not understand the criteria in this game at all
Yes you can. You will notice that will happen when knocking someone out from the front or when knocking them out at a distance when they are looking on your general direction. This because they don't actually spot you before you take them out, even if they know someone did take them out.
yeah I don't get that either. It says crime noticed and he's compromised but still get "never spotted"
Crime noticed is not related to being spotted. ( You can fire a fun somewhere close to civil NPCs, they will notice the gunshot but they haven't seen that you were the one shooting. Similar happens here. The second dude knows someone got shot, but he gets knocked over before seeing me)

You can be compromised and still get SA?

Man I do not understand the criteria in this game at all

This has been the ultimate speedrunner trick for a while. See this SA/SO, SMG-only video for Sapienza for how groundbreaking it was a few months ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJoJNJLNX58

I'm going to borrow the definitive explanation of this from a speedrunner because I can't say I've ever tried it myself: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/5dy26j/compromised_never_spotted_bonus_other_stuff/

First off, compromised simply means that a npc knows that you commited a crime, and would be able to tell this to guards. But in itself it doesn't impact your score untill the npc actually talks with someone.

The key thing to know is that npc's are unable to see/spot/alert or basically do anything during an animation (any animation). So as long as they don't spot you doing anything illegal before the animation begins, you are fine. That's why legshots work. You shoot a npc in his foot, and he instantly goes into a falling animation. If you knock him out before he gets back up, you keep your SA status, but it will say ur compromised, because the npc does know a crime is commited.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm still trying to understand what happened.

Activate fireworks so Novikov comes to the back, Dalia goes to the terrace to watch the fireworks, as well as making the guards of the helicopter watch the fireworks too so they won't see you>Throw duck to where Novikov will be, and he will pick it up > Noise maker in the outside of that room where I've thrown it will make Dalia's bodyguard that uses to be next to the gas lamp to come down to the second floor>destroy duck to kill Novikov, shoot Gas lamp twice to blow Dalia up with an accident.

I'm still trying to understand what happened.

The basic strategy has been the same since April (when it was possible to get under 40 seconds): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9kZY_JyMOI Bernardo has been pushing the limits of trespassing and firing a gun without being spotted.

- Starting the fireworks immediately makes Dalia go out on the balcony and sends Viktor towards the back stairs (remember that he starts upstairs, not on the ground floor, without his bodyguard following him yet).

- Dalia is blown up by shooting the gas heater. The audio distraction is thrown to get a guard next to the gas heater to move away from the explosion. (it works across floors as long as the sound reaches; gunshot distractions being severely reduced in range led to this slower strategy)

- Viktor can be blown up any time after he picks up the duck left in his path, as long as you know he's not in sight of anyone and you can exit before he is found.

Prurient

Banned
Someone posted a list of escalations ranked by difficulty a while back, could it be reposted so I don't have to go searching? Bought the game on PC after completing it fully on the PS4 and now have to go back through a bunch to unlock the gun. Thanks!

MUnited83

For you.
Really wish they would start taking a stance against cheaters. So many leaderboards reset because of gameplay changes, but cheaters continue to be allowed to run free.

Oreoleo

Does owning any episodes 2-6 give a discount on the Upgrade Pack on Steam like when you own some games in a developer bundle?

Bersi

Just started playing this,i completed all the challenges on the first 2 levels and now i've just finished Paris for the first time and holy shit this game is awesome, I can see myself spending so many hours into all the missions, the level of details is INSANE.

I've a question though: on the menu i see that there is a contract with a timer on (48 hours) and that it takes place in a location that i've not seen yet, should i try to do it or is there something spoilery for me since i haven't seen that location yet?

tchocky

Just started playing this,i completed all the challenges on the first 2 levels and now i've just finished Paris for the first time and holy shit this game is awesome, I can see myself spending so many hours into all the missions, the level of details is INSANE.

I've a question though: on the menu i see that there is a contract with a timer on (48 hours) and that it takes place in a location that i've not seen yet, should i try to do it or is there something spoilery for me since i haven't seen that location yet?

Nothing spoilery but I would recommend playing the level a few times first because if you die in the elusive you cannot restart.

Top Bottom