• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Got the game a couple of weeks ago, it's incredible. Loved the Paris stage and did some of the escalations which were more satisfying than the main mode IMO, although totally stuck on the one where you have to somehow carry a sabre to the other side of the map.

Then started the Italy stage which is AMAZING. I mean, what a leap from Paris, that map is absolutely huge?! And so detailed and colourful. This game has a real sense of fun and a slight tongue in cheek quality which really lifts it up. What a great game.

Got the game a couple of weeks ago, it's incredible. Loved the Paris stage and did some of the escalations which were more satisfying than the main mode IMO, although totally stuck on the one where you have to somehow carry a sabre to the other side of the map.

The Adamoli Fascination is pretty much one of the worst escalations to do when you're new to the game. It eventually adds a time limit condition and a randomized item hunt.

But you don't have to carry the saber; if you go near that guy, you will trigger a conversation, and when it finishes he will start walking on a path that goes through the saber room.

(Also, you can carry a saber if you're disguised as a guard.)

What are those Elusive Targets about? Do you get something special or is it just a special challenge to yourself?

12029555697567.314.ccf6413912320e99f40d4519fb1988c0.jpg

So I missed most of them already and I guess I do not need to bother with them anymore, right?

The numbers towards the SA suits started counting after the Japan update. So currently there are 2 or 3 elusive targets deep into the unlocks.

They are going to continue to add elusive targets.

Mupod

The numbers towards the SA suits started counting after the Japan update. So currently there are 2 or 3 elusive targets deep into the unlocks.

Did not know this - thought I was way behind! Bought it during the steam sale.

BigAT

So I missed most of them already and I guess I do not need to bother with them anymore, right?

Besides what everyone else said, they're pretty fun! I'm in the same boat as you, finally picked this up during the recent sale so I missed almost all of the past ones (and failed my first one since I was still very new to the game), but they seem to release them at a pretty good pace still.

Some hard numbers:

Anyone who started with elusive target #14 can still unlock all the suits shown, meaning there are at least 26 elusive targets in total. Today is the last day to do elusive target #15.

By the end of the year, we will be on elusive target #17. If the rate of one every two weeks continues, disc buyers at the end of January will get to start with elusive target #19. Assuming that disc release buyers will be able to unlock all suits (which has not been officially guaranteed, but seems reasonable), there would have to be at least 31 elusive targets in total.

Weebos

Banned
Finally got around to 20 mastery on both Marrakesh and Colorado. I appreciate those maps much more now that I've done them a few times, but they're still my least favorites.

Marrakesh would be great without the military compound too. If there were more ways to draw Zaydan out I think I would like it more.

Colorado I hated in my first run, but now that I know more it is by no means bad. Figuring out what disguises allow you to go where is the key to enjoying that map.

I want to take a crack at a few Escalations now too, but without a lot of unlock incentives I'll probably prioritize other games until we get a new mission/elusive.

This game is awesome.

Finally got around to 20 mastery on both Marrakesh and Colorado. I appreciate those maps much more now that I've done them a few times, but they're still my least favorites.

Marrakesh would be great without the military compound too. If there were more ways to draw Zaydan out I think I would like it more.

Colorado I hated in my first run, but now that I know more it is by no means bad. Figuring out what disguises allow you to go where is the key to enjoying that map.

I want to take a crack at a few Escalations now too, but without a lot of unlock incentives I'll probably prioritize other games until we get a new mission/elusive.

This game is awesome.

The first Colorado escalation is pretty frustrating. I'm waiting for them to add a few more to that level.

Stoze

Could I get a hint for the Release the Kraken challenge? I assume
it has something to do with the ship with the 4 bells, but I shot them all and nothing happened.

Could I get a hint for the Release the Kraken challenge? I assume
it has something to do with the ship with the 4 bells, but I shot them all and nothing happened.

You need to pay more attention to the sound they make, but you are on the right track
there is a specific order in which you need to hit them

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is the christmas mission the final bonus episode or is there another one coming out as well?

Stoze

You need to pay more attention to the sound they make, but you are on the right track
there is a specific order in which you need to hit them

Ah I should've realized, thanks.

Is the christmas mission the final bonus episode or is there another one coming out as well?

One more, it's called Landslide and set in Sapienza. Should be out in January and will presumably coincide with physical release.

Moff

there is a third one that is part of the package with the 2 others. that package of three needs to be bought separately by players who did not buy the full experience, the third one is set in sapienza again and should be released with the physical game.

the Christmas mission is an extra that is free for all players

MUnited83

For you.
Since I thought the sniper challenge was somewhat underwhelming, I took upon myself to make something a little bit more challenging for myself. I'm trying to do the Sharpshooter Challenge ( 2 kills, one shot) in each mission, where applicable ( so no The Icon, and probably not Situs Inversus)

First up is World of Tomorrow, Sapienza (skip to 19:30 to watch the kills. Before that is just the boring setting up of the things)

Since I thought the sniper challenge was somewhat underwhelming, I took upon myself to make something a little bit more challenging for myself. I'm trying to do the Sharpshooter Challenge ( 2 kills, one shot) in each mission, where applicable ( so no The Icon, and probably not Situs Inversus)

First up is World of Tomorrow, Sapienza (skip to 19:30 to watch the kills. Before that is just the boring setting up of the things)

Since you probably can't get Silent Assassin for any of these, how far do you take it? Just go for the Sniper Assassin requirements?

I'm pretty sure you can get most of them from up close by triggering the targets meeting in each level... but I don't even know if there's a good angle for half of those meetings. Marrakesh went so badly when I tried to snipe both targets in one place.

MUnited83

For you.
Since you probably can't get Silent Assassin for any of these, how far do you take it? Just go for the Sniper Assassin requirements?

I'm pretty sure you can get most of them from up close by triggering the targets meeting in each level... but I don't even know if there's a good angle for half of those meetings. Marrakesh went so badly when I tried to snipe both targets in one place.

I'm pushing hard to get Silent Assassin if it's possible in any way, even if that requires a bit of constant knock outs to pull off.

Also, just did this on Paris

The Showstopper - One Shot, 2 Kills - Silent Assassin.
Annoyingly, i've discovered that when you are sniping two people at the same time, if the other person is looking at the one that dies first, they will "find" the body and ruin the Silent Assassin rating, which is a bit annoying. I've avoided that in this run by setting up a sound distraction to make Dalia look away before I shot them.

Alright, Tuppence a Wish in Bangkok. I don't get it. I've tried for far too long to unlock it in the few ways I've read about and I can't do it. Any advice?

MUnited83

For you.
Alright, Tuppence a Wish in Bangkok. I don't get it. I've tried for far too long to unlock it in the few ways I've read about and I can't do it. Any advice?

You need to collect 16 coins across the level, throw them at the mirror and have them fall into the water. Make sure to save before you start throwing them in case it goes wrong.

You need to collect 16 coins across the level, throw them at the mirror and have them fall into the water. Make sure to save before you start throwing them in case it goes wrong.

Thanks. I'll try that. Most were saying 13 coins so that's what I had found originally. I'll hunt down three more next time I decide to give it another go.

I'm pushing hard to get Silent Assassin if it's possible in any way, even if that requires a bit of constant knock outs to pull off.

Also, just did this on Paris

The Showstopper - One Shot, 2 Kills - Silent Assassin.
Annoyingly, i've discovered that when you are sniping two people at the same time, if the other person is looking at the one that dies first, they will "find" the body and ruin the Silent Assassin rating, which is a bit annoying. I've avoided that in this run by setting up a sound distraction to make Dalia look away before I shot them.

Man, that's dedication now that I see the full setup.

For Colorado I assume (maybe naively) that you would have to settle for two shots for four kills? If so, I don't see how to get Berg with anyone else except during his conversation with Graves, which is scripted to happen very early.

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks. I'll try that. Most were saying 13 coins so that's what I had found originally. I'll hunt down three more next time I decide to give it another go.
Yeah, it's 16. You can sort of trick the game into thinking that you are putting more if you try to make them bounce in the little rocks after they bounce from the mirror, but honestly that is a bit frustrating to do and you might as well throw all 16 and be done with it.
Man, that's dedication now that I see the full setup.

For Colorado I assume (maybe naively) that you would have to settle for two shots for four kills? If so, I don't see how to get Berg with anyone else except during his conversation with Graves, which is scripted to happen very early.

Yes, in Colorado's case it would be 2 shots 4 kills. The Lancer only penetrates through 1 body as far as I know so a 4 kills with one shot is definitely out of the picture :p. Not to mention the nightmare it would be to set up such a thing if it was even possible :p
Regarding Marrakesh, the tunnel would be the easy way of doing it, but by self-made rule is to try to this stuff from as far as possible.

Yes, in Colorado's case it would be 2 shots 4 kills. The Lancer only penetrates through 1 body as far as I know so a 4 kills with one shot is definitely out of the picture :p. Not to mention the nightmare it would be to set up such a thing if it was even possible :p
Regarding Marrakesh, the tunnel would be the easy way of doing it, but by self-made rule is to try to this stuff from as far as possible.

One day, we need a gun that breaches everything. Infinitely.

Because this scene is straight out of Hitman. The suit, the case, the exotic locations, the unsuspecting bodyguards.

Stoze

Good stuff dude. Is dumping people out of windows and not killing them a new thing that was patched in? Also I'm curious how you instantly jumped down from that ledge in the underground lab.

I took the easy way out and just looked up a couple sniper contracts for the new challenges, it's fun just picking people off at the docks.

MUnited83

For you.
Good stuff dude. Is dumping people out of windows and not killing them a new thing that was patched in? Also I'm curious how you instantly jumped down from that ledge in the underground lab.

I took the easy way out and just looked up a couple sniper contracts for the new challenges, it's fun just picking people off at the docks.

I'm not sure if it was this way at launch, but it has been the case for several months at least. Wether it kills the person or not depends on the height they are dropped from.

Regarding the drop: around that area, if you point your gun, and then immediatelly press the climb button as you unpoint it, you will jump down instead of using the pipe.

I'm not sure if it was this way at launch, but it has been the case for several months at least. Wether it kills the person or not depends on the height they are dropped from.

Regarding the drop: around that area, if you point your gun, and then immediatelly press the climb button as you unpoint it, you will jump down instead of using the pipe.

I'm pretty sure the Paris shed windows were always nonlethal to dump bodies through.

There should be more places where you actually get the Jump Down prompt. I think Sapienza was carefully designed to allow it where it made sense (jumping down from the roof to an upper-floor terrace), but Marrakesh had drops of similar height that forced you to Climb Down (the part joining the lamp store rooftop and the shisha cafe comes to mind).

Also, I think Sapienza had the only pipes where at the top you could choose to climb the pipe directly or just hang from the ledge. All later pipes forced you to hang before climbing.

Gjerven

I wish this game had first-person view like in Blood Money, sometimes I just want to say fuck it and play it like an FPS. Third person-view shootouts ends up with me being dead fast.

Inumbris

Just started playing this a week or so ago and holy hell I already have over 30 hours in it! Loving this game, which is which a relief after hating Absolution with a burning passion.

I'm at level 20 mastery for Paris and Sapienza, and 16 for Marrakesh. Just finished my first Elusive Target as well; Silent Assassin in 2 minutes for a 187K score :D

It's a real shame that all of the top scores for Angel of Death on the leaderboard are people using the Jaeger exploit, I would have liked to see how I really stack up.

Mupod

Finished up Marrakesh, Bangkok, and Colorado.

Marrakesh isn't actually as bad as what I've heard. Sure, coming off Sapienza anything looks inferior, but there's a lot of good smaller nuances located in Marrakesh. The consulate works nicely, as does Zaydan's area. Both of them led to some really nice silent kills. I can't even believe how long it took me to cut corners correctly and take down people in the right order took. I loaded up my manual saves hundreds of times, and it's awesome.

Btw, fucked up my first Elusive Target. Pro-tip: Don't pull a fucking gun out ten feet away in public.

Bangkok is my least favorite map so far. Other than feeling like a poorer Paris, it's doesn't feel fun to manipulate for me. One of the targets mostly hangs out in front of the hotel, and the other was a surprisingly easy silent kill. The employee areas were good additions, but they felt useless in the overall scheme of things. I know there's at least one cool kill I was going for, but it was just not fun for me infiltrating a large part of this hotel. I probably won't replay this more than once or twice.

Colorado is a cool map! I like it way it's all about ebb and flow. There's something badass as hell about taking four people out, switching your suit each time, and walk away unnoticed. It's really fun fucking around with the groups here. Unfortunately, it really brings out how stupid the AI is in this smaller area. The kills that don't involve the silenced pistol (which is what I used for all four) seem interesting and difficult. I'll hit it up later.

Doing Hokkaido right now. Tempted to turn on Opportunities. This map is hard yo.

Another thing, the last three maps are doing way better with my 980ti. I'm hitting upper 80s regularly, which is nice, and not often hitting nasty drops.

Man, that Marrakesh opportunity. One thing I never got around to doing: letting Strandberg walk his new route in the school.

One Shot 2 kills seems possible in Hokkaido too!

Hmm, where would you even shoot from since he's always lying down at half-height? The observation windows are definitely bulletproof...

Also, randomly caught Day9 streaming Paris and Sapienza. That was the first time I've seen a streamer:
- Figure out the frisking and concealing items mechanics before going through their first frisk;
- Get through Paris for the first time without getting hunted or using any opportunities;
- Destroy the virus without arousing any suspicion, and before killing anyone;
- Then figure out one of the cannon kills.

It was a good stream.

Top Bottom