• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Here you go! : One Shot, Two Kills in Situs Inversus (Hokkaido) with Silent Assassin rating.

Note: footage is slightly cut because my game crashed midway.

Through the sauna? I really thought some mad route through the garden would be necessary. Bravo.

And it is simultaneously amazing how much you can get away with in the hospital halls and maddening how far you have to go to drag all the bodies downstairs. I already know from experience you can't leave them in the stairwell... which ensured I would never have tried this.

MUnited83

For you.
Through the sauna? I really thought some mad route through the garden would be necessary. Bravo.

And it is simultaneously amazing how much you can get away with in the hospital halls and maddening how far you have to go to drag all the bodies downstairs. I already know from experience you can't leave them in the stairwell... which ensured I would never have tried this.

Yep, the halls really could use a extra body container. And yep, stairwell does not work since the miraculous cone of vision pretty much guarantees they will see the bodies as they come down the stairs even if they don't go where the bodies are.

Yep, the halls really could use a extra body container. And yep, stairwell does not work since the miraculous cone of vision pretty much guarantees they will see the bodies as they come down the stairs even if they don't go where the bodies are.

The most obvious body "container" that this level suggests: put on gurney, maybe pull a sheet over. I hope in season 2 we can hide bodies in carts, in beds, in chairs (in plain sight), etc.

I wonder if this kind of baiting is exactly why the phone originally could be only rung once. It's not exactly useful in the conventional sense, so I could see this going on to be a thing for stupidly elaborate contracts...

xrnzaaas

I started playing in Sapienza last night and OMG it's a huuuuge map. I'm trying to look everywhere to memorize stuff and in about 2 hours I've only managed to cover about half of the map. :D

MUnited83

For you.
The most obvious body "container" that this level suggests: put on gurney, maybe pull a sheet over. I hope in season 2 we can hide bodies in carts, in beds, in chairs (in plain sight), etc.

I wonder if this kind of baiting is exactly why the phone originally could be only rung once. It's not exactly useful in the conventional sense, so I could see this going on to be a thing for stupidly elaborate contracts...

Yeah, I'm actually surprised they never allowed us to use the gurney to hide bodies, considering agent 47 has been hiding in place of dead bodies since Sapienza.

Regarding the baiting, you can pretty much do the same thing with coins. Phone just has the advantage of the ringtone as a quick way of making them interested again if they lose interest.

You can also get her to that area in a more smooth way by triggering a target lockdown on that room behind the sauna. She will go to the room with a crapload of guards until things blow over, and you can snipe her as she comes back. Might make silent assassin a whole lot harder though.

SmartBase

I'm only up to Colorado but I have to say that I really appreciate the inclusion of opportunities for us less creative types, especially since they're not the only ways of approaching targets.

Freeman76

Am I better off focussing on one destination and getting the 20 mastery or jumping around to the different areas?

I am wondering this too, and also is there anything missable in terms of live content that gets removed?

This game is sublime, the amount of depth is staggering and if this is the result of episodic structuring more games should use this model. 10/10

Novocaine

Play it how you want, there's no inherently better way to do it.

Okay cool. I think I'll try finish the mastery on each one systematically then. But if there were helpful rewards scattered over the other missions that makes the harder challenges a little easier I would have done those first.

Okay cool. I think I'll try finish the mastery on each one systematically then. But if there were helpful rewards scattered over the other missions that makes the harder challenges a little easier I would have done those first.
I'd probably try to unlock the poison pills first as that's really convenient for challenges.

In a little maintenance tunnel near the spa, there is a valve you can turn with a wrench that cranks up the heat and makes everyone leave.
Goddamn, thank you! Bastards wouldn't get out with the fire alarm, so I kept looking. This is why I debate leaving Instinct on.

MUnited83

For you.
Does poison no longer count as an accident?

It doesn't technically count as a "accident" as in it qualifies as a different type of kill if required in a contract or escalation. But it won't result on bodies found if that's what you are asking. It works the same as accident in that case.

We need to appreciate the facepunch animation more, now that this clip from the Day9 stream yesterday took off.

So, share any good facepunches of your own if you get a chance. This video had the right idea. Here's one:

OfLn0CA.jpg

I didn't even care that I instantly failed.

HDR?????,

When I Googled HDR xbox one games, Hitman came up. I aleready owned it and a 4k tv but I just got a XB1s yesterday. All my other games that support HDR show up on my tv except Hitman. Some of the games on the list stated that HDR support was coming like Recore, but Hitman was just listed. Anyone know if its a planned update that hasnt happed yet?

I'm afriad being able to carry over unlocks to season 2 will make it easy. You will be able to start with all the stuff that makes it past frisks

ZeroX03

Banned
BernardoOne: yo that gif is 30mb

I'm afriad being able to carry over unlocks to season 2 will make it easy. You will be able to start with all the stuff that makes it past frisks

I don't think Thailand, Colorado and Japan were much easier thanks to unlocks. I think they were still harder than Paris or Sapienza were going in with nothing. But there is going to be a power creep if it keeps up.

All they have to do is limit usable items until you first beat the mission or until a specific mastery level is reached.

Stoze

There's plenty of ways to get through frisk zones easily though, at least in the levels I've played (1-4). It'll definitely make some challenges immediately easier, but people simply getting good at the game from playing over the course of the year is the greater factor there. Challenge in Hitman tends to be self-imposed anyways, at least when it comes to the main mission.

Plus I'd argue items like breaching charges or the noise maker are significantly more impactful than anything else for the majority of runs, and you can unlock those fairly early.

ActWan

I know I'm a bit of a slowpoke, but I'm in awe with Paris...so many ways to kill the targets, so much shit to use, the level is built soooo goood. And I still keep doing the Escalations of the Prolouge missions...this game is a gem. A freaking gem I tell you!

Shahadan

If there is a season 2 I'll have to buy it as it releases. Having all episodes at my disposal at once is actually dragging my enjoyment down ;(
Really frustrating, but that's on me.

I know I'm a bit of a slowpoke, but I'm in awe with Paris...so many ways to kill the targets, so much shit to use, the level is built soooo goood. And I still keep doing the Escalations of the Prolouge missions...this game is a gem. A freaking gem I tell you!

Paris is my favorite map, I think. The design and layout are fantastic for near limitless improvisation.

For the new sniping challenges, is there only one way in doing them? For the dumping and killing a person in one shot I tried
enemic poisoning Caruso and sniping him while he's throwing up at the building rooftop adjacent to him
, but its not triggering.

Murkas

For the new sniping challenges, is there only one way in doing them? For the dumping and killing a person in one shot I tried
enemic poisoning Caruso and sniping him while he's throwing up at the building rooftop adjacent to him

That's not dumping his body, his body just falls to the streets below. Just search for a contract and filter it to sniping only, or put the name of the challenge in the search box. It usually spits out contracts where the targets are t
hose guys fishing on the pier, sniping them will dump their body into the water.

There's an escalation in that level where the second round adds an appropriate target for that challenge.

That's not dumping his body, his body just falls to the streets below. Just search for a contract and filter it to sniping only, or put the name of the challenge in the search box. It usually spits out contracts where the targets are t
hose guys fishing on the pier, sniping them will dump their body into the water.

There's an escalation in that level where the second round adds an appropriate target for that challenge.
Ah I see. Thanks!

Man, Hokkaido's steps to get the kill I wanted felt like such busywork. I had a friend replay Bangkok and it was slightly more fun than the first time around so maybe Japan will be the same way. Not a fan otherwise.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Loving this so much, but I have a question. Mission 2 spoilers to follow:

there is fantastic variety on how to take care of the two targets, but having to destroy the virus afterwords is a total drag. There seems to be only two solutions on how to do it, both of which are time consuming and get to be a chore after playing with different ways to take out the two targets. Is there a super quick way to destroy the virus that I'm not aware of?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

there is fantastic variety on how to take care of the two targets, but having to destroy the virus afterwords is a total drag. There seems to be only two solutions on how to do it, both of which are time consuming and get to be a chore after playing with different ways to take out the two targets. Is there a super quick way to destroy the virus that I'm not aware of?

Shoot the stalactite above the lab and it'll destroy the lab and the virus.

Perfection.

#3:
Go around to the right side of the containment unit and shoot down the stalactite directly over the virus (which is only visible from that side).
#4:
Just shoot the virus from outside through the glass with any gun.

There are also a few variants on what you have already done:
Conceal a remote explosive in the waste basket next to the virus,
or
evacuate the virus containment unit by pulling the fire alarm on its outside back wall.

I always use the technique of
shooting the rock stagalite above which crashes down and destroys it.

Mupod

how do you get a surgeon disguise in Hokkaido? I went all over the floor and couldn't find a male surgeon outside their little area. To be specific, I don't want the chief surgeon disguise.

edit: also, I did all the master sniper stuff by searching for player-created contracts. The one I picked made it so easy I think I'll avoid doing those from now on if possible.

how do you get a surgeon disguise in Hokkaido? I went all over the floor and couldn't find a male surgeon outside their little area. To be specific, I don't want the chief surgeon disguise.

edit: also, I did all the master sniper stuff by searching for player-created contracts. The one I picked made it so easy I think I'll avoid doing those from now on if possible.

The regular surgeon disguise is basically the hardest disguise to get in the level. You have to either do the
Jason Portman
opportunity (which times out very quickly), or unlock the surgeon starting location.

Yeah, every challenge pack causes a flood of stupidly easy player-made contracts. I always have to go out of my way to find ones that aren't just exactly the same as all the other ones. Hopefully the developers find a way to incentivize actually creative user contracts.

Mupod

The regular surgeon disguise is basically the hardest disguise to get in the level. You have to either do the
Jason Portman
opportunity (which times out very quickly), or unlock the surgeon starting location.

Yeah, every challenge pack causes a flood of stupidly easy player-made contracts. I always have to go out of my way to find ones that aren't just exactly the same as all the other ones. Hopefully the developers find a way to incentivize actually creative user contracts.

Yeah I knew about that opportunity but I'll have to restart the mission to do it, barring some insane coin shenanigans (I don't even have any coins). Sounds funny anyways. Was just wondering if there was one of those outfits lying around somewhere.

So now that the full game has been digitally released, and having loved Blood Money back when it came out, I decided to get the intro pack/Paris mission and give the game a try... And damn, I'm disappointed.

On one hand it does a lot of things right. I like the menus, the challenges, all the ways a mission can be replayed etc.

However, the immersion is lacking. The soundtrack from the previous games is missing, most of it sounds like generic spy action movie, with the obnoxious strings as you try to escape after killing the target. You're in Paris yet everyone speaks in english, with american accents? They even sometimes say "monsieur" or "garçon" in a heavy american accent. And apparently all foreign levels are like this. It's like in Breaking Bad when the "mexican" characters have thick accents and pronounce everything phonetically.

Furthermore I can't stand how everytime you slightly bump into someone they stop whatever they're doing and loudly comment how rude you are and the like. Likewise with security perimeters having people say YOU CAN'T COME IN HERE WITH THAT TUXEDO even when you're just walking by without trying to get through.

You know how the prologue is a training simulation? I almost feel that way with the Paris level, that it's not a living breathing world.

Ultimately while the gameplay itself is good, it just breaks all immersion IMO. I'm sure Blood Money is even more like a video game in this regard (haven't played it since release) and I'm just expecting more, but still.

If I get just the prologue and episode 1 pack, do I get any of the free dlc updates? Money is a bit short for me until after Christmas and can't really afford the whole package.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
If I get just the prologue and episode 1 pack, do I get any of the free dlc updates? Money is a bit short for me until after Christmas and can't really afford the whole package.

The Christmas update is available to all players so you'll definitely get that. Any other updates like escalations or elusive targets are dependent on the maps you have.

You will get any new missions that come out for Paris, like the Christmas bonus mission that comes out tomorrow.

You do not get any missions for the other five story mission locations. For example, you will miss the Sapienza and Bangkok elusive targets that are scheduled to run this month.

So I've been trying to play this game, but every session eventually ends with a hard lock of my entire system.
This happens randomly, either after 2 hours or 45 minutes.
Has anyone experienced/fixed this?

Read some driver release notes but I didn't read anything about this, or I missed it.
W7, r9 290 tri-x, 16.7.2.

I've never really played a Hitman game but I am absolutely loving playing Dishonored right now in stealth. Would I like this game? It seems like I would, any opinions?

Top Bottom