• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

DrSlek

how do you get a surgeon disguise in Hokkaido? I went all over the floor and couldn't find a male surgeon outside their little area. To be specific, I don't want the chief surgeon disguise.

edit: also, I did all the master sniper stuff by searching for player-created contracts. The one I picked made it so easy I think I'll avoid doing those from now on if possible.

I know that level like the back of my hand.

Starting from 47's room:
Go to the top of garden
Find the missing railing and climb down the drain pipe
Enter the window
Exit the room and turn left
Go up the stairs on the right
Enter the morgue and sneak out of the door to the right when both morgue technician's backs are turned
Go up the stairs to the surgery
Knock out the female surgeon when she enters the small room and take her body down the stairs
(knocking out and hiding the morgue technicians can make this easier. There's about 4 cabinets to hide bodies in the morgue...more if you include the incinerator. You can lure a technician out by turning off the power in the stair well)
Peek out of the surgery door until you're almost spotted. The objective being to make whoever is looking at you to come and investigate the small room off of the surgery.
Lure them into the stairwell with a coin.
Knock them out and hide them.
You'll probably lure the guard up stairs first, but then a regular surgeon should investigate on your second attempt.

There you go. Male surgeon disguise acquired.

jett

D-Member
Finished the Sapienza story mission (for the first time) with Opportunities turned off. I dunno about this, I killed the targets in supremely lame ways. It's really hard to find opportunities completely on your own.

Finished the Sapienza story mission (for the first time) with Opportunities turned off. I dunno about this, I killed the targets in supremely lame ways. It's really hard to find opportunities completely on your own.

Then turn them on. Don't let people guilt you into not using them.

I've never really played a Hitman game but I am absolutely loving playing Dishonored right now in stealth. Would I like this game? It seems like I would, any opinions?

It's a different kind of stealth - mostly not about hiding and waiting for people to walk past, because there are way too many people. Instead it's mostly "social stealth," meaning you can do most things in plain sight if you find the right disguise. Different disguises can open some paths but close off others.

And it's about improvisation. Often you can't do exactly what you want, but it turns out there's something completely different you can do.

Of course, you still have the option to play it as a pure stealth game as well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Play how you have fun, it was your money that bought the game, it's your leisure time that you're spending on it, who gives a shit what some try hard wannabe says about it not being the "true" way to play. Fuck them.

BigAT

I put Opportunities on Minimal for my first playthrough of each level and thought that was a good compromise between discovering things on your own and having a slight nudge toward interesting kill setups.

epmode

Hm, we're near the same point. I've owned this for ages but I only just started really playing and I moved on to Sapienza yesterday. I completely disabled opportunities for the first few runs (I normally leave them on Minimal). It worked out pretty well.

You won't be doing most of those opportunities without a thorough scouting of the level. Walk around slowly, listen to conversations, look for any usable objects and check the Intel section every time a prompt appears (the Intel section drops some big hints about opportunities). Don't even try to kill a target until you have a good understanding of the setting.

After those scouting trips, I turned Minimal opportunities back on and I was happy to see that I had picked up on the threads for most of them already.

Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend you play the level like this unless you like soaking up the atmosphere. I'm into wallking sims so I think I'll do the same for the next areas.

Hm, we're near the same point. I've owned this for ages but I only just started really playing and I moved on to Sapienza yesterday. I completely disabled opportunities for the first few runs (I normally leave them on Minimal). It worked out pretty well.

You won't be doing most of those opportunities without a thorough scouting of the level. Walk around slowly, listen to conversations, look for any usable objects and check the Intel section every time a prompt appears (the Intel section drops some big hints about opportunities). Don't even try to kill a target until you have a good understanding of the setting.

After those scouting trips, I turned Minimal opportunities back on and I was happy to see that I had picked up on the threads for most of them already.

Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend you play the level like this unless you like soaking up the atmosphere. I'm into wallking sims so I think I'll do the same for the next areas.

In my experience, people might need opportunity tracking in Marrakesh much more than in Sapienza. In Marrakesh, there's a ton of space with lots of people but not much to do, and just about every opportunity makes you get into a heightened-security area to do it - if not to start it in the first place.

I find the Sapienza feedback interesting because you start with literally an opportunity to your left, an opportunity to your right, and an opportunity behind you. (One of those had an infamous line of dialogue that people ended up hearing so often that the developers went back and recorded multiple randomized versions of it.)

But the thing with Sapienza is that all the easy opportunities are for one target, and the other objectives are much harder to crack. So, yes, it's still pretty easy to overlook half the opportunities without tracking.

By the time you get to Bangkok, I would say you have gotten used to opportunities - and they also become much easier to spot. Every opportunity will start having multiple conversations or pieces of intel that hint at them, and they also start hinting more clearly what you're supposed to accomplish.

I just started the game and completed the Paris mission with opportunities off since the beginning. With the Intel it's clear the type of approaches you can take with a more creative spin on it.

It's much funner with opportunities off IMO. It took me over an hour to find Kruger's location and the exploration caused me to find out more about the level in the meantime.

Afterwards I replayed the same scenario of taking the model's place on minimal opportunities and I didn't like how it said step by step what to do (e.g. now go put make up on) it felt more rewarding figuring that out for myself.

14270230390688.97.8b000688076c7ce49306582995f3e5af.jpg

Harry and Marv :D

They need an option that only tells you when you have discovered an opportunity. The NPC dialog and environmental stuff is enough for an observant person to be able to do the opportunity.

Dalibor68

Banned

Why would you play with them completely turned off then? Minimal is the perfect mix.

Bersi

I just started the game and completed the Paris mission with opportunities off since the beginning. With the Intel it's clear the type of approaches you can take with a more creative spin on it.

It's much funner with opportunities off IMO. It took me over an hour to find Kruger's location and the exploration caused me to find out more about the level in the meantime.

Afterwards I replayed the same scenario of taking the model's place on minimal opportunities and I didn't like how it said step by step what to do (e.g. now go put make up on) it felt more rewarding figuring that out for myself.

Yeah i agree, i't so much fun going around for the first time in a level and trying to figure out a way to kill the targets without any additional help.

Also i think i've put more than 20 hours into this game and i've only saw Paris and Sapienza,replaying the levels over and over never bores me because you always find out something new, pretty sure this is going to be my goty by the end of december.

Moff

I hope we'll get some cool special kills despite having no opourtunites.

Either way very exciting free bonus content of course. Can't wait.

It took me around 4 hours to complete the Paris missions with all opportunities. I'm level 12 now. I have the complete collection and I'm looking forward to the rest. Will I get burned out if I try to reach lvl 20 on Paris? Should I just move on? Or is it worth it?

mf.luder

It took me around 4 hours to complete the Paris missions with all opportunities. I'm level 12 now. I have the complete collection and I'm looking forward to the rest. Will I get burned out if I try to reach lvl 20 on Paris? Should I just move on? Or is it worth it?

You get extra gear for future levels and replays. It's highly recommended. There are so many opportunities and little things to notice!

It's a really easy bonus mission and a nice cosmetic makeover for the level. Had the servers not been down I would have got SA.

-Started off at the normal entrance with tuxedo.
-Climbed up to the top level via drainpipe.
- Snuck into the attic and knocked out a bodyguard to get his clothes.
-Marv was running around up there stealing everything not bolted down. As soon as I neutralised him he dropped a load of rubbish. Stuffed him in a dumpster.
- Went back down to the party and watched Harry steal a battleaxe embedded in a ice sculpture. Followed him into a bathroom and killed him.

Didn't find Santa.

I've been playing each level to 20 before I move on, but I mix in some escalations and other stuff so I'm not just re-planning and trying to figure out an optimal combination of challenges to complete over and over. It doesn't burn me out on the levels, I find it's almost more fun to return to them once I'm quite familiar and just dick around.

As someone who was locked into buying each episode individually..yeah stupid me for buying episode 2 by itself which led to me not being able to play the Marakesh summer mission..will i also be locked out of the xmas content?

Mupod

I mean I turn them on sometimes. I didn't play previous Hitman games so I don't know how obtuse they got, but there have been occasions where I knew what I had to do but there were no hints in the environment about where to go. For example in Hokkaido, the central computer system is part of an opportunity but there is no way to find out where it's located without turning on indicators. If it were up to me I would have put a map on a monitor in, say, the security office showing where it was.

It's reminds me how MMO quests have moved away from giving you directions in the description because waypoints have become standard. At first they kept designing them to cater to people who played with indicators off but slowly got to the point where they assumed everyone had them on at all times. Most of the time you don't need them in Hitman which makes it a bit more obnoxious when you run into something that doesn't give any hints otherwise.

Regardless, now that I've got more experience with the game I'm definitely having more fun playing without 'help' and trying to figure out everything just from observing the level and NPCs. My first trip through Hokkaido in particular was awesome and full of improvisation.

Foffy

Banned
As someone who was locked into buying each episode individually..yeah stupid me for buying episode 2 by itself which led to me not being able to play the Marakesh summer mission..will i also be locked out of the xmas content?

No.

To my knowledge, even if you only own Episode 1, you get this mission.

The level looks pretty cool at night with the spotlights on the roof and the christmas lights.I want that mastercrafted santa suit but the challenges seem like a pain the ass.

MUnited83

For you.
The level looks pretty cool at night with the spotlights on the roof and the christmas lights.I want that mastercrafted santa suit but the challenges seem like a pain the ass.

It's actually not too bad if you have some patience. Spawn close to one of them, see what does he steal. Restart, see what the other steals. Then restart, subdue them both at the start and collect all items. You will probably run into santa, get his disguise. Grab a gas canist and bring it to the basement. Get bricks from the entrance fountain and just throw them at the target that has that challenge. Attract guards to wake him up and throw a brick again. Rinse and repeat until challenge is done. Then see where they both meet, put the gas canister close to them and shoot at it from afar.

I can't play this for a couple of days so I'll settle for checking out elusive target #16:

So this is the one that finally uses the
lawyer's office
. Wonder if you will be able to get him with the
big chandelier
if you get there early enough.

MUnited83

For you.
I can't play this for a couple of days so I'll settle for checking out elusive target #16:

lawyer's office
big chandelier
Knowing IOI, I bet he is going to be ever so slightly to the side just short of being able to be hit but not quite ahahah

lawyer's office
big chandelier

Is it, though? IO have been kind of duplicitous with briefing/location photos of Elusive's lately. Guess we'll have to find out.

Then turn them on. Don't let people guilt you into not using them.

I think im just gonna do that as well, so far im cruising in circles at the Paris mission hoping for an opening..

Question, does the clock is on my side how long it takes for me to pass the mission? Or is the complete opposite?

Top Bottom