• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I have not yet played this game, but loved the shit out of the original Hitman back in the day. I've heard a lot about how awesome these 'elusive targets' are. Can you play those offline or are those 'live' events which are gone for good once they expire? Like if I wait until next year to play the game am I missing out on a bunch of cool stuff now?

Why does the real santa claus have a fake beard?

It's actually not too bad if you have some patience. Spawn close to one of them, see what does he steal. Restart, see what the other steals. Then restart, subdue them both at the start and collect all items. You will probably run into santa, get his disguise. Grab a gas canist and bring it to the basement. Get bricks from the entrance fountain and just throw them at the target that has that challenge. Attract guards to wake him up and throw a brick again. Rinse and repeat until challenge is done. Then see where they both meet, put the gas canister close to them and shoot at it from afar.

Thanks for the tips, still sounds tricky though.

tchocky

I have not yet played this game, but loved the shit out of the original Hitman back in the day. I've heard a lot about how awesome these 'elusive targets' are. Can you play those offline or are those 'live' events which are gone for good once they expire? Like if I wait until next year to play the game am I missing out on a bunch of cool stuff now?

The elusive targets are live/timed events so you would miss them if you wait.

The elusive targets are live/timed events so you would miss them if you wait.

Have they said how long they are going to support elusive targets for? Or if they will ever rotate the old ones through again? It's a bummer that waiting means missing out on one of the best features in the game.

Have they said how long they are going to support elusive targets for? Or if they will ever rotate the old ones through again? It's a bummer that waiting means missing out on one of the best features in the game.

They've gone on record several times to say that the elusives aren't rotating, you only get one shot at them. There should be enough that if you wait until physical release you should still be able to get all the rewards, not to mention there will likely be more elusives once season 2 starts up. Basically, it sucks that you missed out, but that doesn't mean you have to miss the next one. :)

tchocky

They have said they will continue with elusives for season 1 even after the release of season 2. Because of the way the recent unlocks work they will have to do at least a dozen more elusives. They have said before that elusives are meant as one time events so they will not return but I suppose that could change.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
When you don't want to go to work

2XmRECOh.jpg

So just bought the intro pack. At first I was a bit disappointed by the music and the american voice acting but... Damn this game just clicked! It's loads of fun. The amount of depth in the Paris map is incredible.

I can't find information online, do I miss out on anything if I buy individual episodes rather than the upgrade pack? I'd rather buy them overtime instead of all at once, but if I miss out on items or missions I'd rather just buy the upgrade pack.

So just bought the intro pack. At first I was a bit disappointed by the music and the american voice acting but... Damn this game just clicked! It's loads of fun. The amount of depth in the Paris map is incredible.

I can't find information online, do I miss out on anything if I buy individual episodes rather than the upgrade pack? I'd rather buy them overtime instead of all at once, but if I miss out on items or missions I'd rather just buy the upgrade pack.

It's best to just upgrade. The bonus missions aren't available yet to episodic purchasers and by buying piecemeal you end up paying a bit more, particularly if you want the bonus missions.

You will need to separately buy three bonus episodes set in existing levels (Sapienza/Marrakesh/Sapienza again), which will release as a package at the end of next month; they can't be bought separately right now.

The upgrade pack gives you the first two of those bonus episodes right now and the third one when it comes out next month.

Foffy

Banned
Great thanks. What exactly are the bonus missions?

They're non-canonical missions in locations of the main game, usually with different targets and layouts.

The Holiday Hoarders mission is one, there were two in the Summer Bonus Episodes, and one is being released when the physical version launches.

The holiday one in Paris appears to be the least changed of these missions. Some locations are redone that they feel like entirely different experiences.

Tuffty

I imagine that once they decide to stop supporting the game then they will include all of the Elusive targets as one of the final bits of post release content. They can still make it go towards unlocking suits and maybe even still add the stipulation that you can only attempt these missions once and have that be it. But with Season 2 strongly hinted to be in the works, then don't expect this to happen next year or any time soon.

They're non-canonical missions in locations of the main game, usually with different targets and layouts.

I don't know if Holiday Hoarders is canon, but the rest of them all hook back into the story missions in one way or another.

And there are already heavy hints in the game as to
how Landslide fits into the story.

A new level set in Sapienza and Marrakech set during the night with new targets.

The Holiday Hoarders mission is one, there were two in the Summer Bonus Episodes, and one is being released when the physical version launches.

The holiday one in Paris appears to be the least changed of these missions. Some locations are redone that they feel like entirely different experiences.

That sounds pretty good. Would you say it's worth it? I'd honestly rather spend $10 separately over the next 2-3 months than $45 right off the bat, unless the extra missions are worth it.

Murkas

That sounds pretty good. Would you say it's worth it? I'd honestly rather spend $10 separately over the next 2-3 months than $45 right off the bat, unless the extra missions are worth it.

Hmmm, the levels were great, I liked them, but I'd say they were neat little extras, it was essentially released after Marrakech and before Bangkok so it probably can't be called a full episode.

If you're ok with spending the money separately (and are aware that you will be paying more overall), then sure do that and just buy the bonus episodes when they're released next month.

I personally upgraded after buying the intro pack way back in March.

Ashtar

So I'm enjoying the game but I'm not really getting it I think, I've been in Paris only and I can't figure out a good way to kill the girl first time I just ended up shooting her and her friend and running, next time I poisoned her but I couldn't get to the bathroom to finish her off (stupid guards) I going the vampire suit but it's trash and everyone sees through it. Besides following opportunity which I did the first time any other good ways to find interesting ways to kill ppl?

So I'm enjoying the game but I'm not really getting it I think, I've been in Paris only and I can't figure out a good way to kill the girl first time I just ended up shooting her and her friend and running, next time I poisoned her but I couldn't get to the bathroom to finish her off (stupid guards) I going the vampire suit but it's trash and everyone sees through it. Besides following opportunity which I did the first time any other good ways to find interesting ways to kill ppl?

I also just started this week and found that the Challenges offer pretty much all you need to know on what's possible to execute in the level. I mean it takes away the surprise/creativity of coming up with ways yourself, maybe you should try focusing on the Intel first and see if you can come up with something.

Otherwise just scroll through the Challenges list in "Assassinations", while it tells you how they can die you obviously have to figure out how to do that yourself.

Hmmm, the levels were great, I liked them, but I'd say they were neat little extras, it was essentially released after Marrakech and before Bangkok so it probably can't be called a full episode.

If you're ok with spending the money separately (and are aware that you will be paying more overall), then sure do that and just buy the bonus episodes when they're released next month.

I personally upgraded after buying the intro pack way back in March.

Thanks, just checked and the upgrade pack is $60 in my region, while the individual episodes are $12 each... Yikes!

As much as I'd like to have the full experience, with Christmas coming up I'd rather be generous with my disposable income :p

MaKTaiL

If you are struggling with killing the targets just turn on opportunities again. They will help you out getting clean kills on your first runs.

Mupod

I just follow people around until I think of something.You'll also overhear conversations or find notes in the environment with ideas.

A big part of it is understanding which common placements in the level do what. Like overflowing a sink or turning on a radio to distract a guard.

not being able to use the mission for contracts is a bit of a bummer.

Looking back, I guess this is because all the user contracts for Holiday Hoarders would just be either killing Santa or killing existing people from Paris as Santa.

And you also can't make the latter type of contract in The Showstopper because the Santa suit is master crafted. So... Holiday Hoarders ends up with no contribution to contracts mode?

Maybe in the longer term, we should just be able to replace any NPC in any level with a different NPC for contract mode (including unique ones like Santa or elusive targets). It's not like the assets on our HDs are going anywhere.

Just finished season 1. I don't think its at the level Blood Money overall since it's pretty inconsistent. Hopefully season 2 will be more consistent with it's quality, but I think i'll wait on an end of the year sale for that one.

Episode 1,2, and 6 were fantastic.

Episode 3-5 were kind of mediocre IMO.

Roldan

Well, that was... too easy.

Just by looking at the challenges, I already know I won't have the patience-

Oh well, for a Santa outfit, we do whatever it must be done.

taoofjord

Just finished season 1. I don't think its at the level Blood Money overall since it's pretty inconsistent. Hopefully season 2 will be more consistent with it's quality, but I think i'll wait on an end of the year sale for that one.

Episode 1,2, and 6 were fantastic.

Episode 3-5 were kind of mediocre IMO.

Yeah, 3-5 are weaker but 5 is the only one I don't care for too much. I still really enjoy 3 and 4. I can't wait to see what they do with Season 2 now that they can use the community's feedback when designing their next batch of levels.

When taking all six levels together though, as well as the tweaks to the game design, dense levels rich in content and variety, and the handling of the content this ga,e totally deserves a spot on many GOTY lists.

____

Don't think I got an answer before so I'll try again and hope someone can help but:

How does season 2 work? I paid the $60 up front for the full season 1, so how much will season 2 be?

Jintor

Don't think I got an answer before so I'll try again and hope someone can help but:

How does season 2 work? I paid the $60 up front for the full season 1, so how much will season 2 be?

I wouldn't expect anything other than another sixty upfront and probably seventy or eighty if you buy piecemeal

Wow the Xmas mission was incredibly easy haha. I would have liked it if the layout were different (no catwalk or backstage make up area for example) with a lot of staff preparing a different party or something. Just felt like they tacked on two targets, Santa and Christmas decorations to the normal level.

MUnited83

For you.
Looking back, I guess this is because all the user contracts for Holiday Hoarders would just be either killing Santa or killing existing people from Paris as Santa.

And you also can't make the latter type of contract in The Showstopper because the Santa suit is master crafted. So... Holiday Hoarders ends up with no contribution to contracts mode?

Maybe in the longer term, we should just be able to replace any NPC in any level with a different NPC for contract mode (including unique ones like Santa or elusive targets). It's not like the assets on our HDs are going anywhere.
Well, it wouldn't be just that, the weapons scattered around would also make up for some fun contract variations.

Adry9

Wow the Xmas mission was incredibly easy haha. I would have liked it if the layout were different (no catwalk or backstage make up area for example) with a lot of staff preparing a different party or something. Just felt like they tacked on two targets, Santa and Christmas decorations to the normal level.

It's a free level for people to have a laugh...

MUnited83

For you.
I didn't expect anything more than a reskin, but I think certain details could really use some work. A proper briefing and commentary by Diana and NPCs actually reacting with voice lines about how you're dressed as Santa would've been nice.

MaKTaiL

Showing 10.5GB for me and I'm up to date otherwise, what the heck?
Pause and resume it. The PS4 needs to "Prepare for Download" to figure out which portion of the update you need to download. If it somehow skips this step it will show the full 10gb again.

Does the new Christmas mission add towards my Paris mastery level?

And how long would it take to get to lvl 20 on Paris if it took my 4 hours to get to level 11?

Does the new Christmas mission add towards my Paris mastery level?

And how long would it take to get to lvl 20 on Paris if it took my 4 hours to get to level 11?

The Secret Santa challenges add to mastery yeah. If you stick to challenges which give you 5000 XP, it won't take long to max your level.

So I ended up caving and buying the full game after having played the intro pack the past few days... But I haven't moved on to Italy yet as I'm completely hooked with Escalation mode. It adds a really fun, arcade-like feel to the game.

By the way after reaching level 20 mastery, is there any in-game purpose to completing all challenges? Aside from the odd challenge that offers a reward?

tchocky

So I ended up caving and buying the full game after having played the intro pack the past few days... But I haven't moved on to Italy yet as I'm completely hooked with Escalation mode. It adds a really fun, arcade-like feel to the game.

By the way after reaching level 20 mastery, is there any in-game purpose to completing all challenges? Aside from the odd challenge that offers a reward?

No.

Top Bottom