• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
That sounds pretty good. Would you say it's worth it? I'd honestly rather spend $10 separately over the next 2-3 months than $45 right off the bat, unless the extra missions are worth it.

I like the missions. In fact, I liked the bonus Marrakesh mission more than the main one.

I just started this game this weekend. Got through the Paris mission, by the skin of my teeth the first time. Got the Xmas update, and figured out that I don't know that map as well as I probably should, so I went through and palyed the Paris mission a couple more times last night, knocking out a lot of the Challenges/Opportunities. Think I'm probably ready to take on the wet bandits. I can't figure out how to figure out what items they are after though, so as to complete the challenge about
stealing those things before they do
. Any tips?

Murkas

I just started this game this weekend. Got through the Paris mission, by the skin of my teeth the first time. Got the Xmas update, and figured out that I don't know that map as well as I probably should, so I went through and palyed the Paris mission a couple more times last night, knocking out a lot of the Challenges/Opportunities. Think I'm probably ready to take on the wet bandits. I can't figure out how to figure out what items they are after though, so as to complete the challenge about
. Any tips?

Just follow one and see what he steals, then restart and follow the other one and see what he steals. Then restart after hopefully remembering them all and steal them all.

SL128

For people not liking episode 5, please tell me why. I really like hearing what people have to say about different chapters in this game.
The only thing I don't like is the storm shelter sequence. Replays should let you kill the targets, open the door at anytime, and leave from any of the exits.
. Any tips?
https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/5i3r46/list_of_items_the_thieves_are_going_for_in_paris/
Start in the AV center, knock out Harry when he enters the room with the letter opener (nobody visits it), and then take Marv's items in the list's order, Harry's in any order, and then lure a guard into the room with Harry's body.

MUnited83

For you.
236870_20161214131438c8xft.png
-

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really impressed with the cutscenes in this. The
Shadow Client
has to be the most magnetic and well realised CG villain since Vaaz. The motion capture work picks up all the actors' little ticks and idiosyncrasies beautifully.

For people not liking episode 5, please tell me why. I really like hearing what people have to say about different chapters in this game.

I didn't at first. I usually don't play with Opportunities, Mini-Maps or Instinct and I couldn't work out why I couldn't 'work it out', if you know what I mean.

I realised that it was too visually dense for me to get my bearings, unlike the other levels. I chucked on Instinct and managed to get the hang of it. Now I'm okay with it. It's very well designed.

Shahadan

Do you guys have still have random messages telling you you have disconnected from the internet? I push the button to accept and it's gone, but it's rather frequent.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but just played the Italy level for the first time and the scope is sogood.gif. Definitely a more ambitious level than Paris, though I like both equally the same for different reasons.

Also turned off in-game music and put music from past Hitman games off a playlist I made. The track Streets of Hong Kong played when I infiltrated the lab for the first time and it went perfectly. Leagues better than the game soundtrack.

Skitso78

Anyone notice the new supersampling method on pro added in the latest patch being infact worse than before. Especially when standing till, the shimmering can be really bad. It seems the game applies dynamic sharpening filter depending how static the image is and the end result can look ugly. Would take the old, smoother image any day.. :/

Blue Lou

I've never played Hitman, only seen videos on Youtube.

Has there ever been a mission where you have to assasinate another assassin before they get to their target?

Stoze

I've got to say, I really like Colorado. I think it's a great pallet cleanser and I find myself replaying it a lot. Doing that single exit every time does suck if you're playing it on campaign mode, but after you get the assassination challenges out of the way/ignore them you can just look up a contract that has you killing those same 4 targets and suddenly it's top tier imo.

For season 2 I think it'd be cool to see them play around with more substantial things when it comes to unlocks through mastery, like exits. Level 10 would open up an extra exit, level 20 would open up another exit and make certain objectives optional, like the virus in Sapienza or the basement in Colorado.

DrSlek

I got my Christmas suit a few hours ago. Took me the better part of a night, but I managed to get it done in 1 go....after several retries.

Make sure you bring a vial of sedatives. The easiest way is to start as tech crew on the 1st floor, grab the fireworks remote, then run into the rooms on the right, find smokey and knock him out. Then rush down stairs to the canteen, grab the coconut, run to the kitchen and grab the peach. When Slick enters the stair well to go upstairs, knock him out. From here you have all the time in the world to find the rest of the items they steal. To get to the 2nd floor to steal smokey's items, a grey vest waiter disguise from the 1st floor works best. Just remember to drop any illegal items before getting frisked.

Make sure you go downstairs to the wine cellar with all the presents and Christmas tree in it. Stand against the wall on the side of the room with the white cloth on the ground. You'll have to wait a while, but Santa will eventually teleport down there with his back to you. I found out the hard way that shooting him in the face does not work. So instead choke, garrote or poison him. There's food or drink at each location he teleports to, so make sure you poison the correct one if you choose that route.

When it comes time to wake them up for the propane explosion, make sure slick is found first. This way when he wakes up you can brick him, and then have him found again. Repeat this 3 times to complete that challenge. You'll find bricks in presents around the level. When you've had both of them found and woken up, head down to the wine cellar again and wait for their arrival with a propane tank sitting on the white sheet.

Bang bang, all done.

I'm really impressed with the cutscenes in this. The
Shadow Client
has to be the most magnetic and well realised CG villain since Vaaz. The motion capture work picks up all the actors' little ticks and idiosyncrasies.

I'm so glad you mentioned this. I couldn't agree more especially for that character in particular. Super super impressive. And if you notice, he's referenced in the conversation between the prisoner and interrogator in the Colorado level in the basement, and his appearance and characteristics are precisely described. His name is
Constant

Edit: shit. I fucked up. Thought you meant the Providence guy. I still agree with your assertion though.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad you mentioned this. I couldn't agree more especially for that character in particular. Super super impressive. And if you notice, he's referenced in the conversation between the prisoner and interrogator in the Colorado level in the basement, and his appearance and characteristics are precisely described. His name is
Constant

Edit: shit. I fucked up. Thought you meant the Providence guy. I still agree with your assertion though.

Well, I kinda messed up since he's
actually the villain, it seems
. He's great too! All the cut-scene acting is top-tier. The
conversation on the train with Diana
was mesmerising.

I haven't had a chance to boot the game up this week yet, but if I have the latest update installed, I'll have Holiday Hoarders, correct? I took a peek at the PSN store and noticed there isn't a standalone episode download.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't had a chance to boot the game up this week yet, but if I have the latest update installed, I'll have Holiday Hoarders, correct? I took a peek at the PSN store and noticed there isn't a standalone episode download.

yes it's just a game update everyone got.

Free camera hack is available for PC!

this's great. I remember Absolution had one too and there's some great shots out there that really highlight the detail in these maps.

MUnited83

For you.
yes it's just a game update everyone got.

this's great. I remember Absolution had one too and there's some great shots out there that really highlight the detail in these maps.

I'm completely addicted to the hack, there's so many things that have just insane detail that you wouldn't otherwise see, it's so good.

I have a album on Google Photos for anyone interested, i'll be adding new screens regularly.

KingV

My one beef with this game is how particular the opportunities are.
I was doing the bad blood opportunity in Marrakesh, where I ended up in the prisoner costume in the chair, but presumably because I didn't do it by getting an officer and dismissing the guard, and instead choked out the guard and hid the body, when the target comes into the room he never actually walked up to me. Instead he steps into the door and turns around and leaves. It kind of ruins the sandbox aspect of the game a bit

I was doing the bad blood opportunity in Marrakesh, where I ended up in the prisoner costume in the chair, but presumably because I didn't do it by getting an officer and dismissing the guard, and instead choked out the guard and hid the body, when the target comes into the room he never actually walked up to me. Instead he steps into the door and turns around and leaves. It kind of ruins the sandbox aspect of the game a bit

Some of them are a bit particular, but that one should work the way you did it.

Did you leave the guard's gun lying on the floor? That always screws with opportunities by making people go and report the gun.

Mupod

That's exactly how I did that opportunity and the challenge itself completed just fine even though the opportunity said it failed.

Just played the Morocco level for the first time, I like the political backdrop in this one in contrast to the more high-end France/Italy levels.

Damn the thick american accents are throwing me off though. I cringe everytime I hear people in the street. This is basically the only thing that's really making this game not be perfect for me.

Just played the Morocco level for the first time, I like the political backdrop in this one in contrast to the more high-end France/Italy levels.

Damn the thick american accents are throwing me off though. I cringe everytime I hear people in the street. This is basically the only thing that's really making this game not be perfect for me.

The last elusive target in Morocco demonstrated that they are able to record appropriate accents for the locals. Hopefully this will become more common.

On the official Hitman streams they have explained that they want you to be able to find elusive targets by dropping in NPCs whose accents stand out from the rest. I'm not sure how well that actually works out in practice.

I agree, I cannot stand how all of the natives in the various countries have American accents. WHY???

It really takes me out of it, especially in Morocco, when you see a shop keeper and he's says something like "my family has sold in this marketplace for centuries". Dude sounds like he's from Minnesota.

Yeah, that shouldn't happen. The Opportunity Guidance will "fail" but Zaydan should still walk up to you and the Challenge complete. The challenges and the Opportunity system are separate, but most of the times an Opportunity will also unlock a Challenge.

Do you remember where exactly Zaydan turned around? It might be he saw the guards gun on the floor (if you left it there when you choked him out) and goes to another guard to tell. That is systemics taking over and you need to wait it out for Zaydan to resume his usual business.

The last elusive target in Morocco demonstrated that they are able to record appropriate accents for the locals. Hopefully this will become more common.

On the official Hitman streams they have explained that they want you to be able to find elusive targets by dropping in NPCs whose accents stand out from the rest. I'm not sure how well that actually works out in practice.

Hopefully eventually they redo the voice acting, at least with the civilians or something. I remember in the Paris level in Blood Money for example it was mostly french, and all english from french citizens was with a french accent.

I agree, I cannot stand how all of the natives in the various countries have American accents. WHY???

It really takes me out of it, especially in Morocco, when you see a shop keeper and he's says something like "my family has sold in this marketplace for centuries". Dude sounds like he's from Minnesota.

Hahaha Minnesota, that's exactly what I heard at one point and I groaned. At this point I laugh it off, but the game aims for immersion so it's a shame. It's mostly when exploring a level for the first time that it bothers me, afterwards when focusing on gameplay/challenges I ignore it.

I'm completely addicted to the hack, there's so many things that have just insane detail that you wouldn't otherwise see, it's so good.

I have a album on Google Photos for anyone interested, i'll be adding new screens regularly.

Just got around to checking this out. I really enjoy the stuff you can't normally see, like the rest of Sapienza at night (interesting that the floor lamps out by the garden aren't lit even though they're there), and the Hokkaido waterfall.

Is there anything in the consulate and the school in Marrakesh at night? Just empty space?

Does the game have a repetitive loop? I hear one of the criticisms is that you basically do the same thing in that you find a.i, watch their limited route patterns, and then take advantage of it, and then repeat. Is that a gross simplification?

Deadstar

Does the game have a repetitive loop? I hear one of the criticisms is that you basically do the same thing in that you find a.i, watch their limited route patterns, and then take advantage of it, and then repeat. Is that a gross simplification?

It has a loop but you can affect the loop in many different ways. There are a lot of branches depending on certain situations. The game is somewhat repetitive in the sense that yes you're playing the same mission over again but it's very fun to trigger the different sequences.

Jacob4815

Anyone notice the new supersampling method on pro added in the latest patch being infact worse than before. Especially when standing till, the shimmering can be really bad. It seems the game applies dynamic sharpening filter depending how static the image is and the end result can look ugly. Would take the old, smoother image any day.. :/

Yeah it's a terrible downgrade.

Picked up the game on PS4 during the sale. I played through the tutorial levels a while back without issue, but as soon as I tried out Paris, loadtimes have seemingly become infinite? If I'm loading into a mission for the first time since booting the game, it'll load fine. If I need to restart/reload at all, the game just hangs and infinitely loads. Anyone else experience this bug or know of a fix?

KingV

Some of them are a bit particular, but that one should work the way you did it.

Did you leave the guard's gun lying on the floor? That always screws with opportunities by making people go and report the gun.

I think there were some coins lying in the floor before I got everything set up that I used to distract the guard to choke hims out.

I know the general went after them. I wonder if that somehow fucked with his AI loop.

Will play after work, this is my first Elusive Target!

My understanding is that you fail only if the target escapes, or if you die, right?

You can still be caught trespassing, and the like? Also can you scope it out and quit/retry? Or once you load it, that's your only chance?

Joeku

Will play after work, this is my first Elusive Target!

My understanding is that you fail only if the target escapes, or if you die, right?

You can still be caught trespassing, and the like? Also can you scope it out and quit/retry? Or once you load it, that's your only chance?

As long as any objective (read: target) or you haven't yet died, you can always re-plan or restart.

Typically this means people take "scouting runs" to come up with a solution then commit to it for real and hope it doesn't all go tits-up.

Get ready for clammy hands and a high heartrate.

As long as any objective (read: target) or you haven't yet died, you can always re-plan or restart.

Typically this means people take "scouting runs" to come up with a solution then commit to it for real and hope it doesn't all go tits-up.

Get ready for clammy hands and a high heartrate.

You can also quit out of the mission and come back to it later if you feel like you need to think it over.

Managed to get SA on this ET. My first one.

Started in the ICA Safehouse, lethal syringe as a pickup. Went to the cafe where he is having a drink with the son. Then they move over towards the lawyer's office. There is a staircase nearby that leads down towards the restrooms. I lured him downstairs using coins and managed to syringe him. Be aware of any civilians nearby!

BigAT

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand I really enjoyed figuring out the last ET (which was essentially my first since I just picked up the game) by myself and without looking at any videos, but I'm kind of interested in unlocking the silent assassin suits which frankly I would never be able to do without looking up a walkthrough.

MaKTaiL

I just failed what was probably the easiest Elusive Target ever released out of my own stupidity. "Don't harm the girl and the guy.". What is the first thing I do? Knock out the woman. It counted as a kill which is fucked up. They should have made it more clear what harm means...

I never failed an Elusive before, I've been playing since March.... I'm feeling like trash right now. I started on top of the tower and played for 2 minutes. Instant fail. Didn't even get the chance to see the target.

KingKong

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand I really enjoyed figuring out the last ET (which was essentially my first since I just picked up the game) by myself and without looking at any videos, but I'm kind of interested in unlocking the silent assassin suits which frankly I would never be able to do without looking up a walkthrough.

as long as you know the map, the intro tells you several places the target will be and then you can just shadow them to see if they eat something or stand under an object or walk over a circuit, etc and then start over and do it. Think of how you do silent assassin on the normal targets, most are accidents

also keep in mind you can always restart as long as you dont complete an objective or die, so you actually have a lot of room for experimentation

Murkas

Got SA

Started in ICA safehouse with lethal syringe, went into the cafe basement and took out the kitchen assistant and took his outfit, went up to delete the CCTV as I got caught, there are now 2 guards there, I waited outside until they both had their backs turned and quickly walked in and shot the computer, as I walked out a third guard was on his way up the stairs. Went into the meeting but realised it was a hostile territory (the target and NPCs don't detect you I think), ran to the bottom floor and lured the newly placed guard there into the cafe basement and took his outfit. Went into the meeting, into the toilet and threw a coin, injected the target when he came inside and escaped via window.

Mathi

That was a pretty easy SA. Fucked up the last one, so three more to go for the winter suit!

Entered the cafe basement, took the guy down there out and used his disguise to get past the security guy and up the stairs. I shot the camera and waited for the security guy to leave the office and go up on the balcony for a smoke. Knocked him out, took his disguise and went back to the laywer's office. I went to the bathroom, turned on the radio and killed the target when he investigated the noise. Left just in time to hear the kid say he wants to see his parents again. Happy end!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was easy. I did it in my first run dressed as Santa while scouting. found the guy just standing in the perfect location on his own so killed him and ran.

Top Bottom