• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Lmao I accidentally climbed into the right window and found the elusive target. Didn't even know he was there. Ended up using a
pair of scissors
I had found laying around. Whoops.

Marv's AI seemingly broke during Holiday Hoarders. I knocked out Harry early on, collected all the items and did so before Marc collected them. I later found him standing in a bathroom in front of a toilet and he no longer does anything unless there's an alert. Harry still walks back and forth near their meeting place with the propane tanks.

Any way to get him back on track?

Usually the thing to try is just to bump into the person who is stuck, then let him reset, and repeat if it doesn't work the first time.

Lmao I accidentally climbed into the right window and found the elusive target. Didn't even know he was there. Ended up using a
pair of scissors
I had found laying around. Whoops.

I wanted to use the climbing route for this (climbing down onto the clock hand from the tower reminds me of Mario 64), but in the end the stairs really made all that unnecessary.

First time I successfully killed an elusive target (my first one I got frustrated and just shot the dude in the middle of a crowded room because I forgot it was one try and the second time I electrocuted myself) and I got silent assassin. Took a couple of steps but not too difficult, though I did cheat a bit.

I started in the main square and followed the kitchen assistant inside the cafe basement, choked him out and hid his body. There's a guard at the bottom of the stairs, so I lured him inside the kitchen assistant's room and stole his clothes. I proceeded upstairs to the meeting room, and when the target was sent out of the room I followed him; he ends up in a room with just the lawyer and sometimes a woman whose back is usually turned while she focuses on the bookshelves. Once the target left to go back to the other room, I knocked out the lawyer and dumped his body in the box behind his desk; the target returned pretty much right as I put his body inside.

At this point the target just kind of stood there, and I didn't take any action since I was afraid the woman at the bookshelves would turn around. Eventually she turned to leave, and the target did as well; there was a moment where the woman wasn't in the room and the target hadn't yet opened the door to return to the meeting, so I stabbed him in the back and threw his body in with the lawyer.

I took the speedboat to get away, clearing out the video in the church first which feels a bit like cheating but I had forgotten to shoot the recorder above the meeting room before killing the target and I didn't want to risk it.

I wanted to use the climbing route for this (climbing down onto the clock hand from the tower reminds me of Mario 64), but in the end the stairs really made all that unnecessary.
Didn't even mean that lol.

Wandered around for a minute looking for the dude, thought about going into the hall,
climbed up a rain-pipe, hopped into a bathroom, opened the door and they all were right there talking. Threw the scissors from behind a desk, hopped out the window and left.

SL128

Marv's AI seemingly broke during Holiday Hoarders. I knocked out Harry early on, collected all the items and did so before Marc collected them. I later found him standing in a bathroom in front of a toilet and he no longer does anything unless there's an alert. Harry still walks back and forth near their meeting place with the propane tanks.

Any way to get him back on track?
I had the same bug. You'll have to load an even earlier save or restart the mission. Sometimes, bumping into them or knocking them out and having them woken works, but not here.

Usually the thing to try is just to bump into the person who is stuck, then let him reset, and repeat if it doesn't work the first time.

I had the same bug. You'll have to load an even earlier save or restart the mission. Sometimes, bumping into them or knocking them out and having them woken works, but not here.

Yeah, I was running into him and he wouldn't even stop and say something to me. It didn't take too long to redo it.

Did either of you knock them both out asap, or did you just knock out one, then beat the other to their items? I would recommend anyone going for the Holiday Hoarders challenges should just knockout both of them immediately.

JarrodL

Question about Hokkaido stage. I've obtained the yoga instructor disguise, but for the life of me I can't find the damn yoga class to lead the target to. Where is the damned thing?! I feel like I've walked around the whole accessible area in circles several times and I can't find it anywhere.

It's outside of the steam bath area. There's a yoga mat area out on the edge near the heated pools. Took me ages to find it on my first try as well because the image for the challenge made it look like there was an indoor gym/training area to find.

JarrodL

It's outside of the steam bath area. There's a yoga mat area out on the edge near the heated pools. Took me ages to find it on my first try as well because the image for the challenge made it look like there was an indoor gym/training area to find.

Geez, I'd never guessed it's outside. They could have put up a sign or something.

Thanks!

SL128

Yeah, I was running into him and he wouldn't even stop and say something to me. It didn't take too long to redo it.

Did either of you knock them both out asap, or did you just knock out one, then beat the other to their items? I would recommend anyone going for the Holiday Hoarders challenges should just knockout both of them immediately.
It happened in my second run, when I was going for the brick challenge and hoping to kill them with propane. I ended up stealing the items ahead of them on my next run.

Man, they really need to work on the blood/animations. Video title and most of the comparisons are bollocks, but Absolution was clearly more polished in terms of visuals/animations.
14d56d5173.gif

Roldan

Finished the elusive target. Real cool, even though my execution was pretty meh.

Started as one of those securities wearing funny shirts so I could enter the building before the target (later on I discovered that I could enter the building using the ladders in the back, but eh).

I got to some sort of office, where there's a guy in a suit who first approaches the target. Choked him, hoping that I could disguise as him, but there was no option, so I just dumped him on the crate that was on the same room.

The target and his protegé went to the following room and they started arguing with the lawyer. Target went back to the office and I put a bullet in his head. As I was dragging his body to the same crate the other guy was in, someone saw me. Ran away and escaped in the speedboat. :p

Whelp, I can't seem to find any info anywhere about my loading glitch issue. I've really been enjoying the game, but this really kills it for me. Gonna try a fresh install and hope for the best...

MUnited83

For you.
Very impressive! Your videos are very inspiring! :D

Also great to see someone else play the game without sticky HUD elements.

I do usually have the HUD elements on, since it makes it more convenient while playing user contracts. But I've been playing around with the screenshot tools so i've been keeping the HUD elements off, and since I know the levels like the palm of my hand it's not like it makes a huge difference :p

Thorgal

just started at the ica safehouse with a sniper rifle , went into rocco's appartment downed rocco and then snipped the ET while he was still sitting at the table then dropped the rifle and hauled ass to the speedboat .

Moff

almost fucked up that ET SA again
the exit with the car was gone and for some reason I didn't see the speedboat was available, I thought it wasn't either
so I creeped my way halfway through the villa to the ruins, around 4 active cameras and luckily didn't egt spotted, in front of the ruins I noticed the speedboat was available and made my way back, luckily without being seen

Dineren

Banned
Is the holiday mission permanent or is it going away at some point? I've searched a bit and haven't seen anything about it expiring, but I wanted to double check.

NYHorn36

This game is so awesome. I got it during the PSN Black Friday deal, and while I got an awesome deal, I can't believe I waited this long. I did each mission to level 20 mastery before moving on, but I'm sure I'd delve even deeper if had more time with nothing to progress.

If they do the same format for season 2, they've got a new day 1 purchaser in me.

Jeffrey

wish they'd allow you to alecarte the dl.

the game client is freaking huge now on steam, and I assume will keep getting bigger with season 2 if they said its gonna be in the same client.

Profanity

wish they'd allow you to alecarte the dl.

the game client is freaking huge now on steam, and I assume will keep getting bigger with season 2 if they said its gonna be in the same client.

But you can, just uncheck the episodes you don't want on the list of assets on the game's library page.

HeelPower

Finally getting into the game put so many hours into Paris,I am almost drunk on the amount of detail and the massive scale & beauty of that place.

Question : Do some events not trigger unless you interact with certain objects ? It felt to me like Viktor wouldn't go on stage unless I check the timetable ?

Voras

I hope I'm not the only one who likes to finish missions even when not everything goes according to plan. ;)

I was doing one of the Escalations on Paris where you had to use the battle axe and my final run ended up pretty similar to this. I thought I was completely screwed because an unexpected npc happened to find a bunch of dead bodies I left in a room and then they ran and called like 4 or 5 other guards. Somehow I managed to take them all out and left like half of the second floor dead while still managing to complete the mission.

Garou

So I recently got this game and am slowly getting warm with it. Cleared Sapienza 3 times already, but are there any (ideally non-video) guides that show how to check several challenges in a single run?
I am still missing a lot but don't have the time to figure out everything from scratch, while I'm still getting used to the mechanics of the game.

Ashtar

So im having trouble locating the elusive target, this is my first one and I'd just like a slight hint...
I looked all over the mansion and couldn't find him, did find the plague doctor outfit though, looked all over the main plaza even found the rasta dude and i went to the marina and freaking nothing!

Well, got startled and accidently shot the client's son point blank in the face... Guess I'll be practicing better trigger discipline while I wait for the next elusive target...

So im having trouble locating the elusive target, this is my first one and I'd just like a slight hint...
I looked all over the mansion and couldn't find him, did find the plague doctor outfit though, looked all over the main plaza even found the rasta dude and i went to the marina and freaking nothing!

Check town hall. Just below the bohemian guy's loft.
EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Murkas

Japan flag and rubber duck, tried exploring and experimenting and got nothing.

Did think the heart kinda looks like the red on white Japan flag and put a duck inside the chamber to blow the heart up but got squat after the explosion.

ev0

How long do Elusive Targets last? If I were to get this game on Friday, could I still go for them?

The seem to last 7 days now. It was shorter earlier on. You'll have access to all the ones to come, but not any that already happened. There should be a decent amount to come as the devs will support it so that the ppl who purchase the retail version (out 1/31) will have enough opportunities to get the associated unlocks.

All this easter egg stuff has to do with the duck in 47's bathroom, right? Or is that just too obvious?

I expect a week of increasingly specific yet still maddeningly cryptic clues before it gets cracked by complete accident.

So I recently got this game and am slowly getting warm with it. Cleared Sapienza 3 times already, but are there any (ideally non-video) guides that show how to check several challenges in a single run?
I am still missing a lot but don't have the time to figure out everything from scratch, while I'm still getting used to the mechanics of the game.

There aren't a lot of non-video guides for this, period. Let me try.

You want to clear at least one feat challenge (the ones that match up to opportunity names) and one assassination challenge for each target per run. Just mix and match two opportunities.

But for Sapienza note that almost all opportunities set up two assassination opportunities that are mutually exclusive. The Good Son lets you do either the
compost machine
kill or the
cliff push
kill, or set up The Personal Touch. Catharsis lets you do either the
pillow
kill or the
pistol
kill if done correctly, or set up a
double
kill if done wrong and also combined with Memento. Beyond the Grave lets you unlock its challenge if done correctly, or set up the
plane
kill if done wrong.

So not only do you want to mix and match two opportunities, but also make saves before you do the kills so that you can go back and do it again a different way, assuming you don't want to set up the opportunities twice. But keep in mind that sometimes you have to do the save well in advance (for example for A Case Most Peculiar you have to decide very early which assassination challenge you're going for).

fstop

Neo Member

Yeah, you don't need to finish the level every time to collect a given challenge; it's saved as soon as you see it pop up in the corner. Build yourself a nice save full of tools and disguises first, and then pick your challenges and restart. If you really want to enable easy mode, jump ahead to Hokkaido and get that mastery 20 sniper rifle.

If you are up for videos, TheKotti is doing speedruns of each level to hit mastery 20 in as few "moves" as possible. They're literally 20 minutes long. He's only up to Marrakesh, though.

Top Bottom