• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

MUnited83

For you.
I mean. Wind marks the spot. But pls make it
stick_0.png

something in the area of the oil barrel? (where the wind is pointing)

I mean. Wind sock marks the spot. But pls make it
stick_0.png

1. Stick the red duck next to the windsock
2. ??????
3. Profit

I will mention that when you kill Soders a red ring forms around him, not certain if that pertains to anything with this EE, but red seems to be the theme or maybe baseball...hm...

Rookhelm

Since we have a member of the dev team here, can I make a suggestion?

I have a hard time finding the right place to stand when trying to do "Drag" on a body. I can take disguise from anywhere around the body. But it sometimes takes me up to 2 seconds to skirt around trying to get the "drag" prompt to pop up. Seconds like this can be critical.

Anyone else run into this? Would it be better if you could get the "drag" prompt from anywhere? (by "from anywhere", i mean as long as you're touching the body enough, similar to getting the "disguise" prompt). I know it's context sensitive for probably hands and feet, but couldn't 47 shift a little automatically in order to make that work?

BigAT

I don't know but I'll ask around. It is a good suggestion.

As long as people are bugging you, have you guys considered taking out the story requirements from Colorado for subsequent playthroughs after you've already beaten it? It was a bummer when I was replaying that mission and suddenly found out you still had to go through the basement and can't use any of the alternate exits.

Thankfully it has been the sole disappointment in an otherwise amazing game!

The Ummah

Banned
I have been waiting to jump in, I'll finally be able to spend some quality time being a hitman during the holidays. Finished the intro mission so many times during short sessions since my purchase, now ready to jump into Paris and let loose!

Hey guys! Thanks for all the input. I'll try and chase your feedback, but beware the office is mosly empty around now and over the the holidays so it will take a while before I can get some answers back here.

Murkas

Hey guys! Thanks for all the input. I'll try and chase your feedback, but beware the office is mosly empty around now and over the the holidays so it will take a while before I can get some answers back here.

If everyone is giving suggestions can I make one? Please make planning easier/more fluid, scrolling horizontally takes too long after we've unlocked everything :(

I wonder if this EE is time constricted, maybe stick the duck and then run somewhere, or maybe some part of it breaks if you load a save, similar to the fact that you couldn't kick the robot ball after reloading the save initially. Don't know, feel like people have thoroughly ran through the place with ducks and baseball bats, maybe it's duck hunter and you need to snipe it from somewhere.

MUnited83

For you.
I wonder if this EE is time constricted, maybe stick the duck and then run somewhere, or maybe some part of it breaks if you load a save, similar to the fact that you couldn't kick the robot ball after reloading the save initially. Don't know, feel like people have thoroughly ran through the place with ducks and baseball bats, maybe it's duck hunter and you need to snipe it from somewhere.
I've looked around and can't find anything new in the distance.

I've looked around and can't find anything new in the distance.

Nah, I mean snipe the red duck that you stick next to the windsock from somewhere, it's just that there are a lot of locations from where you can do that. Maybe snipe it through that temple gate in the garden? Like some sort of skill-shot or shooting gallery.

MUnited83

For you.
Nah, I mean snipe the red duck that you stick next to the windsock from somewhere, it's just that there are a lot of locations from where you can do that. Maybe snipe it through that temple gate in the garden?
That sounds so specific that I would think they would have mentioned the gate in the hints.

That sounds so specific that I would think they would have mentioned the gate in the hints.

Yeah, but so far all the hints have been pointing us to the windsock and ducks, we have zero hints for steps 2.

Unless there is more to the Japanese flag and the golf course than just leading us back to the ducks and windsocks.

Or, we are missing something obvious, tried killing myself with the red duck sticked to the windsock, no duck heaven cutscene.

tchocky

Could it be related to the light that moves from right to left along the barrier.

Could it be related to the light that moves from right to left along the barrier.

Well the one thing that I realized was that the lab/hospital part, kind of looks like a baseball field, and the helipad is the circle from which you start your run for the bases, and the baseball played disguise has a duck mascot on it, so maybe the lights are supposed to mark your way kinda... but I feel like I tried it, though I may have missed the optimal route if that is the case.

And as I've mentioned before a red circle forms around Souders after you kill him, so that might be the starting point and the duck is the third base, but that is just a huge stretch at this point, considering that the only thing that hints at this easter egg having something to do with baseball is that the baseball outfit has a duck mascot on it.

Sotha_Sil

Just got the game on the Gamespot sale. So far I've only done the training missions and walked around most of the Paris level (I did get one target, though) but I can already tell I'm going to like it. Possible GOTY contender for me, alongside DOOM.

It's running great on my PC. Getting between 90-115 fps on a 480 4gb and 6600k on the training mission and 75-100 on Paris. Not maxed, but it feels so smooth right now, I don't think I'll tinker with anything.

mandiller

How does this game run on a 2500k? It's listed as the bare minimum but I'm wondering if I can still play the game with a good framerate paired with a 980Ti

MUnited83

For you.
Good job, guess we did overthink it a little :D

I gotta thank the last hint, the pixelated photo of a duck in a surgeon disguise.
I'd probably had figured it out sooner if I knew that a disguise was needed, but this was pretty damn cool. I was so amazed when i saw the ducks raining on soders eheh

I'm grinning pretty hard right now. So many people poking at it and I managed to be the one figuring out both steps ^^

I gotta thank the last hint, the pixelated photo of a duck in a surgeon disguise.
I'd probably had figured it out sooner if I knew that a disguise was needed, but this was pretty damn cool. I was so amazed when i saw the ducks raining on soders eheh

I'm grinning pretty hard right now. So many people poking at it and I managed to be the one figuring out both steps ^^

It was great seeing you get closer and closer to it. And also getting a bit frustrated in the process ;) Awesome work!

The trigger is not easy to find, have to say. And it actually works with any kind of mine, as long as it isn't removed from the windsock.

Santini

How does this game run on a 2500k? It's listed as the bare minimum but I'm wondering if I can still play the game with a good framerate paired with a 980Ti

I imagine that the game should run fine for you, given that you have a better GPU than the one I'm using.

Just picked up the game via the Gamestop sale, and am running it on a 4+ year old custom build, an i5-2500K OC'd to 4.2 GHz paired with a GTX 660 w/3GB of VRAM.

My FPS is ~43 at 1080p on low LOD settings, no AA, medium texture quality + anisotropic 16x, SSAO on, low shadowmaps, and low shadow resolution. Sure, it's not 60+ FPS, but it's still very playable (to me). Finished the training mission with all challenges completed, and have just started getting into Paris.

Top Bottom