• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
So frustrating. Couldnt save for some reason and accidentally punched someone and died. Had to reset the whole thing.

Not sure how much i like this so far. Seems fairly easy and straightforward to kill most targets, with the fun coming in thinking of varied ways to do it. But once you kill them, it kind of sucks the fun out of doing it again in a different way

Ive pretty much done the basic "steal disguise, gain access, steal disguise again, kill target"

The the other levels within the same map are just the same thing it seems

I enjoy the variation but its strange how straightforward it is to find and kill targets

That's why Elusive Targets are a thing. It makes finding them and planning a whole new activity, especially considering the rate of error can be permanent.

national-lampoons-christmas-vacation-1989-15.png

Jintor

So frustrating. Couldnt save for some reason and accidentally punched someone and died. Had to reset the whole thing.

Not sure how much i like this so far. Seems fairly easy and straightforward to kill most targets, with the fun coming in thinking of varied ways to do it. But once you kill them, it kind of sucks the fun out of doing it again in a different way

Ive pretty much done the basic "steal disguise, gain access, steal disguise again, kill target"

The the other levels within the same map are just the same thing it seems

I enjoy the variation but its strange how straightforward it is to find and kill targets

it's really about mastery imho.

the discovery aspect is good for that first hour-half hour where you don't know the map, but after that it's just a question of doing it in the way that you want to

Foffy

Banned
Sorry if this question is moronic, but does this game have any connective story that links each episode?

Yes. The only ones not connected are the four Bonus Episodes, which you can assume take place before the main missions they're set in, but have nothing to do with the main plot.

Roussow

I've fallen off the game a bit, and I feel really bad for it, because it's great -- but lately I've been skipping elusives. Any general advice fore getting mastery levels up across the maps? I've got like level 17 on Paris and Sapienza, should I just hit up challenges and opportunities for the rest of them?

tchocky

I've fallen off the game a bit, and I feel really bad for it, because it's great -- but lately I've been skipping elusives. Any general advice fore getting mastery levels up across the maps? I've got like level 17 on Paris and Sapienza, should I just hit up challenges and opportunities for the rest of them?

Look through the challenges to see which ones are easiest to complete.
Make sure you did all the opportunities to completion.
You complete challenges for starting locations and leaving through different exits so make sure you do them.
I would aim for the 5000 point challenges if you are able to do them.
You complete challenges for finishing escalations if you are sick of the regular missions but they can sometimes be quite time consuming.

Remember that you do not have to finish the level to get the points for a challenge. So if you have a bunch of challenges involving killing Dahlia, save when you are near her complete the challenge and then reload and do another challenge.

Kard8p3

How's this game compare to the previous Hitman iterations? I have some PSN cash and was debating between the this and the Last of Us remastered, though I had already beaten TLOU on the PS3.

SL128

How's this game compare to the previous Hitman iterations? I have some PSN cash and was debating between the this and the Last of Us remastered, though I had already beaten TLOU on the PS3.
The largest consensus is that HitmanTM is the best or second best Hitman game.

Kard8p3

Thanks guys! :)

edit: last question, how is performance PC vs PS4? Also if I were to hook up a PS4 controller to my PC to play it, would I see PS4 prompts or X1 prompts?

Foffy

Banned
Thanks guys! :)

edit: last question, how is performance PC vs PS4? Also if I were to hook up a PS4 controller to my PC to play it, would I see PS4 prompts or X1 prompts?

X1 prompts.

I also can't speak on performance on PC, despite owning both. I don't think my rig can handle it well on PC, but I've always heard others say that the PC port is sincerely mixed because Nixxes didn't do it as they did the last Hitman.

epmode

The PC version seems fine to me. Hitman is doing a LOT of stuff with AI, crowds and complex environments so I can understand why the framerate wouldn't be as smooth as it is in Doom or another more straightforward game.

BigAT

PC seemed like the easy choice for me since the load times are insanely better (on an SSD) than the PS4 version. Pretty sure both versions are solid though so you'll be fine regardless.

thefil

Finally came back after a long hiatus to finish up Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido. Lovely missions, still have tons to mine from them but wanted to at least see everything before the year was through.

Here's to season 2 in 2017 I hope.

KAP151

Really want to grab this while its half price atm on XBL.

Ive read so many conflicting reports about stuff missing from the supposed 'complete' season 1.

Can anyone that has actually bought the complete pack confirm everything is in there?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Just picked the game up today.

Man this shit is addicting. You just wanna keep finding new ways to fuck around without getting noticed.

Thorgal

someone made a nice christmas song to go along with the Christmas Mission .

He kills you when you see him.
He'll axe you in the head.
He'll blow you off the terrace and he'll pump you full of lead.

Oh Jingle Bombs, Jingle Bombs
Christmas' gone awry
Santa's on a killing spree,
And everyone will die.

Oh Jingle Bombs, Jingle Bombs,
Don't call Santa fat.
be a flipping good boy ,
or you are flipping dead

There's blood there in the snow,
And corpses in the bin,
At the fashion show,
Inform the next of kin.

There's a murderer around,
Everybody hide!
Another body found,
It's a Christmas Homicide!

Oh Jingle bombs...

Drewfonse

Yes. The only ones not connected are the four Bonus Episodes, which you can assume take place before the main missions they're set in, but have nothing to do with the main plot.

Wow. I may get this then. My concern was not having a real narrative to pull me in. I know the primary hook is the sandbox, though.

Foffy

Banned
Wow. I may get this then. My concern was not having a real narrative to pull me in. I know the primary hook is the sandbox, though.

They described Season One as a "return to form for 47 and the series" so the direct plot is a bit loose, but starts clicking more towards the end.

There is enough lore and story in the locations that they've created an interesting universe. They've found ways to create a world where even the Elusive Targets make sense. Consider the first "main" location in Paris: the owner of the mansion was the first Elusive Target they put out.

There's a lot under the hood to connect the dots, and they also include references to every mainline Hitman game prior to this.

Is the Xmas mission here for a limited time only?

They haven't said, but I imagine it's available for all permanently.

Ashtar

Out of my head I can only think of four:
1: Walk in and turn down (or up?) the temperature.
2: Shoot the virus through the glass using either a sniper rifle or the precision silverballer.
3: Shoot the stalactite above the facility, making it drop straight through the roof, into the virus.
4: Get the destructive USB dongle.
Never knew about number 3 that was wild
Another option
conceal remote explosives in the waste bin and explode them

Javier23

Banned
There is a very light overarching storyline that is barely taking off during this first season and which starts to get interesting right before the season ends. They've mostly just presented the characters and their goals, with more interesting stuff to come during the second season and onwards. Though even just this far in it's perfectly arguable that they're not doing everything they could with the story and some of the characters. I'm thinking of
Soders, we don't get to see enough of him. The twist that he's a mole and a traitor isn't exactly affecting when we only get to see him being an asshole for barely a couple of minutes during the opening training sandboxes. Had he been more present through the season along with Diana him being the season villain could have been fun and made Hokkaido even better.
. Still, the CG cutscenes are awesome and very stylish (they've made me wish for a Winding Refn adaptation), so is the acting (the game could do with more extras though like everyone and their dog has been complaining about already), and I personally already care about all that's going on and excited to see how things develop. By the time IO is done with this game it could indeed have a very satisfying and interesting complete narrative. Also the writing is awesome and every mission has plenty of quirky dialogues, characters and small self-contained stories to discover, as well as hints about the actual overarching plot.

Drewfonse

There is a very light overarching storyline that is barely taking off during this first season and which starts to get interesting right before the season ends. They've mostly just presented the characters and their goals, with more interesting stuff to come during the second season and onwards. Though even just this far in it's perfectly arguable that they're not doing everything they could with the story and some of the characters. I'm thinking of
Soders, we don't get to see enough of him. The twist that he's a mole and a traitor isn't exactly affecting when we only get to see him being an asshole for barely a couple of minutes during the opening training sandboxes. Had he been more present through the season along with Diana him being the season villain could have been fun and made Hokkaido even better.
. Still, the CG cutscenes are awesome and very stylish (they've made me wish for a Winding Refn adaptation), so is the acting (the game could do with more extras though like everyone and their dog has been complaining about already), and I personally already care about all that's going on and excited to see how things develop. By the time IO is done with this game it could indeed have a very satisfying and interesting complete narrative. Also the writing is awesome and every mission has plenty of quirky dialogues, characters and small self-contained stories to discover, as well as hints about the actual overarching plot.

Fantastic info, thanks. I bought season one for $30. Season 2 is in 2017?

Javier23

Banned
Fantastic info, thanks. I bought season one for $30. Season 2 is in 2017?
There was a confirmation relatively recently that there's gonna be a second season, but to be honest I can't remember if it it was confirmed that'd happen in 2017 indeed. I'm personally counting on it. I'm hoping we'll hear more soon after the physical release of the first season in January. Maybe I'm being delusional expecting things to happen that soon, but if season two premiered in March like the first one did this year that'd be superexciting :)

Ashtar

kinda sucks that the best unlocks are unlocked in the later levels i really want that concealable Baton so i can put guards down without non target kills

Whats a good way to separate a target from his guard, dropping a gun so that the guard will take it away?

kinda sucks that the best unlocks are unlocked in the later levels i really want that concealable Baton so i can put guards down without non target kills

Whats a good way to separate a target from his guard, dropping a gun so that the guard will take it away?
You can throw/melee with blunt objects like wrenches, hammers, crowbars, little propane tanks, etc for silent non lethal takedowns.

Foffy

Banned

That's one way.

Or, and people have done this with ETs, is you simply bump into the guard often enough that you create a good distance between the guard and the target.

It's absurd, but it works.

Vlodril

Just got the game and did the prologue and the paris mission. Seems pretty good so far. This is the only game i have played though that makes me feel i was wrong to wait for the game to be finished and i should have gotten it when it came out.

The way the levels are designed and the elusive targets makes it so they are supposed to be replayed from multiple angles.

Runs decent on my machine too so thats good.

Just got the game and did the prologue and the paris mission. Seems pretty good so far. This is the only game i have played though that makes me feel i was wrong to wait for the game to be finished and i should have gotten it when it came out.

The way the levels are designed and the elusive targets makes it so they are supposed to be replayed from multiple angles.

Runs decent on my machine too so thats good.
yep. Game was much better for having played it over the year.

But if you can hold back from jumping straight to the next level you can have a better experience. I would suggest getting at least 15/20 mastery before moving on!

CloudWolf

Depends on the level, but dropping a gun or throwing a coin or something else is often a good move. Then of course every level has some scripted responses by targets to some stuff that seperate them from their guards. For instance, in the Paris level
if you set off the diorama while Novikov walks past, he will leave his guard behind for a few seconds, enough time to silently knock out his guard while he's catching up.

Ashtar

You can throw/melee with blunt objects like wrenches, hammers, crowbars, little propane tanks, etc for silent non lethal takedowns.

That's one way.

Or, and people have done this with ETs, is you simply bump into the guard often enough that you create a good distance between the guard and the target.

It's absurd, but it works.

Depends on the level, but dropping a gun or throwing a coin or something else is often a good move. Then of course every level has some scripted responses by targets to some stuff that seperate them from their guards. For instance, in the Paris level
if you set off the diorama while Novikov walks past, he will leave his guard behind for a few seconds, enough time to silently knock out his guard while he's catching up.
Thanks you guys, gonna try a couple of these to clean up my kill's

Metal-Geo

For those interested, I (re-)created both Vinny's and Jeff's contracts in the PC version of HITMAN. Either search for the terms 'hitsmas' or 'giant bomb'. You'll find them. ;)

Top Bottom