• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Going back through Colorado tonight as it's the one map I've done nothing but the main story on so far. I do eventually want to clear everything there is to clear on it, but it's a little daunting compared to the other maps. Any advice for a fun place to start as far as kills and challenges go on this one?

Grassy

So even though I own all the other Hitman games, I've never actually played any of them, but I just bought this and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I've spent a few hours just on the boat/tutorial missions and was just wondering what people recommend in regards to the Gameplay/HUD notifications, as in what to turn on or off? I turned off the mini-map and Instinct, set Opportunities to 'Minimal' and turned off a few of the other settings and it seems challenging but I still have enough of an idea to know what to do/where to go etc. I don't want to be drip-fed all the information but I don't want to be walking around like a moron either...

Is there a mod or a way to make the characters speak the appropriate language based on location? Like undubs on emulators. Impossible because the game is online only?

If modern games are emulating movies, why don't they emulate that.

Is there a mod or a way to make the characters speak the appropriate language based on location? Like undubs on emulators. Impossible because the game is online only?

If modern games are emulating movies, why don't they emulate that.

Because then players wouldn't understand what the npcs are saying..?

BigAT

Is there something I'm missing about the Jaeger Tiger sniper rifle? I figured the suppressor and subsonic traits would be enough to allow me to snipe from here, but the guards react immediately when I take out one of the targets.

8B5FB2590B6EE49013BA50BFAB16FE1181320C56

Is there something I'm missing about the Jaeger Tiger sniper rifle? I figured the suppressor and subsonic traits would be enough to allow me to snipe from here, but the guards react immediately when I take out one of the targets.

Guards can figure out the direction where gunfire is coming from. If you're standing too close, they will see you immediately.

There is still an opportunity to snipe both the targets from there,
once they both go inside.

fstop

Neo Member
Going back through Colorado tonight as it's the one map I've done nothing but the main story on so far. I do eventually want to clear everything there is to clear on it, but it's a little daunting compared to the other maps. Any advice for a fun place to start as far as kills and challenges go on this one?

Fun? Colorado has the best Easter Egg in the game with the Wicker Man challenge. I'd just watch MrFreeze's video up until the fourth shot, and then discover the surprise yourself.

I cant figure out why I cant get the benchmark at 1080p to get above 60fps consistently. i have a 1070 and a i7-3770K so i should be obliterating this game. any tips?

Bebpo

Banned
I'm kinda playing here and there but I'm sorta taking a break on Hitman until either they add some more escalations to BangkokColorado/Hokkaido or S2 comes out. I hope the roadmap for January is escalations, escalations, escalations :p

Yeah, I ran into the same thing as I guess a lot of other people did. That spot is not the right place to snipe.

There is still an opportunity to snipe both the targets from there,
once they both go inside.

Interesting, didn't know that.

6 levels...

Free Form Training
Final Test
Showstopper
World of Tomorrow
Gilded Cage
Club 27
Freedom Fighters
Situs Inversus
The Icon
A House Built On Sand

that's 10 missions on 8 different maps and 2 alternative versions of Sapienza and Marrakesh.
oh and there will be another bonus mission on January 31st.

(I even left out Holiday Hoarders)

Justin

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but is the best way to approach this to first do the guided assissinations to learn the levels then do the escalations to do the challenges? I almost wish I had bought this as the levels were released because there is almost too much coming in new.

SL128

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but is the best way to approach this to first do the guided assissinations to learn the levels then do the escalations to do the challenges? I almost wish I had bought this as the levels were released because there is almost too much coming in new.
Keep opportunities off or on minimum, and solve the levels however you want. Don't bother with escalations until you master the level since they're mostly not good, and the good ones require intimate knowledge.

icespide

Banned
I basically do all of the opportunities which actually completes a decent amount of challenges. With my level knowledge gained from doing those I do challenges until I hit level 20 mastery

Try figuring out the opportunities on your own or with them set to minimum, then mess around with escalations since they teach you specific functions of certain levels/outfits/NPCs. Go back for certain challenges once you have a good grasp of the game's systems.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
On my first playthrough of the missions, I basically improv'd everything and ran across opportunities myself.

I started actively following them on my second runs and that's when I really realized how crazy stuff can get.

j-wood

So I'm finally digging into this on PC.

Am I correct in that are 5-6 "main" missions, followed by the assortment of escalation contracts?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So I'm finally digging into this on PC.

Am I correct in that are 5-6 "main" missions, followed by the assortment of escalation contracts?

6 main missions (with a good amount of replayability depending on how deep you go)
2 summer bonus missions (recycles locations but with a really significant makeover)
Escalation contracts
Elusive contracts that are time sensitive

MUnited83

For you.
So that's Target Tag #3, huh?

I like using the story mission targets who have gotten maybe too predictable because they can be taken out very quickly. Maybe Ken Morgan is called for.

Yeah, it can make you look at some different interesting approaches. I actually had a run where I had thrown a breching charge into the little lake in the garden, then attracted Yuki into the place where there's two staff dudes talking in front of a viewing window to the underwater of the lake and electrocuted there. I went for this instead, which is more simple, but a hilarious spin off of a common kill.

Main mission targets that follow you through a certain kind of opportunity are nice choices for this kind of contracts. You can do some interesting stuff with the places you can have Yuki follow you to while disguised as the Yoga dude.

Yeah, it can make you look at some different interesting approaches. I actually had a run where I had thrown a breching charge into the little lake in the garden, then attracted Yuki into the place where there's two staff dudes talking in front of a viewing window to the underwater of the lake and electrocuted there. I went for this instead, which is more simple, but a hilarious spin off of a common kill.

Main mission targets that follow you through a certain kind of opportunity are nice choices for this kind of contracts. You can do some interesting stuff with the places you can have Yuki follow you to while disguised as the Yoga dude.

I still can't believe you can't push anyone into that lake. I guess you can throw someone in with an explosion, but that's not very interesting given that you would have to do it in the garden itself.

And it's weird that electrocutions became more and more "intended for" contracts mode as the season went on. Breaking the aquarium glass to electrocute someone is a great twist, but I doubt most people even bothered to tamper with that electrical outlet.

MUnited83

For you.
I still can't believe you can't push anyone into that lake. I guess you can throw someone in with an explosion, but that's not very interesting given that you would have to do it in the garden itself.

And it's weird that electrocutions became more and more "intended for" contracts mode as the season went on. Breaking the aquarium glass to electrocute someone is a great twist, but I doubt most people even bothered to tamper with that electrical outlet.

Yeah, It was really weird: it's a neat detail and opportunity, but the only people you can kill with it in a normal way is two random staff people and one guard.

And yeah, it's pretty weird you can't push someone into the lake. One of the first things I thought while running the map for the first times is how you should be able to at least throw someone from the little bridge.

You do can get people in there and get a drowning kill. You need to hit them with a object like a can or something, and hope they fall into the lake with the knockback. Certainly doable with Yuki while having her follow as Yoga instructor.

Which reminds me a detail for contracts: you can safely kill and drown people in the spa area. Get out of sight, and shoot your target in the legs/feet. They will fall into the water and instantly drown in that very small amount of water :p

DOWN

Banned
Can anyone imagine why the game would allow recording but not Share Play streams? Like literally a logical reason why other Square games do it but this is the one that doesn't?

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Is there really no way to disable or limit the save system? The game is easily ruined by save scummimg, yeah I know I can restart the mission instead of reloading but when the option is there it's very tempting to just reload after a screw up....

Foxxsoxx

So is it just me or do most players have just the worst contracts imaginable? I haven't had a single one that's really made any sense or had any interesting kill conditions.

It isn't helped that the contract system isn't really in depth at all and searching for them is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

There is a lot of potential there but just not enough tools to make it great.

For my main gripe though, I really don't like how elusive targets are limited time and one time only. It seems so anti-consumer that I can't get behind the fact that it locks anyone who purchases the game later on from content that the game so desperately needs.

spuckthew

I bought "Prologue + Episode 1" last night for 'free' after selling some crap on the Steam market. I want to take it for a spin tonight since I'll have a 2-3 hours spare. My question is, will I need to download the entire game even if I only own those first two parts? If I do, it might even take me 3 hours to download it lol.

I bought "Prologue + Episode 1" last night for 'free' after selling some crap on the Steam market. I want to take it for a spin tonight since I'll have a 2-3 hours spare. My question is, will I need to download the entire game even if I only own those first two parts? If I do, it might even take me 3 hours to download it lol.
I believe the game will only download the content you own.

epmode

For my main gripe though, I really don't like how elusive targets are limited time and one time only. It seems so anti-consumer that I can't get behind the fact that it locks anyone who purchases the game later on from content that the game so desperately needs.

I might agree about the limited time restriction but I'm absolutely on board with the one-shot mechanic. It turns a routine Hitman mission* into something completely nerve wrecking.

*in a game that is absolutely packed with routine Hitman missions.

edit: RPS wrote about the elusive targets: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/16/hitmans-elusive-targets-mode/

Mathi

The Food Critic target is live.

I knocked out the entire kitchen staff and waited for the target to inspect the kitchen. I lured the waiter who accompanied him in the next room with a coin to knock him out too and placed a gun on the ground to get rid of the bodyguard. Finally killed the target when he was alone in the kitchen and put his body in the freezer.

Not very clever or exciting, but I wanted that safe SA rating.

Murkas

My attempt.

Got a phone call in the middle that's why I paused it for a bit there. Also I missed the challenge unlocking first time round that's why I was panicking by the exit waiting for it to "unlock". Was also shitting myself poisoning him as I thought for sure I would get seen by the people below. And I was about to lose it when the 2 challenges didn't unlock in the post screen but I checked to see if I unlocked the suit and thankfully it was there.

1 SA left for my winter suit.

Metal-Geo

Ruined SA. I'm willing to bet the NPC who spotted me saw me through a goddamn wall. Either that, or the 'visible hitbox' when you poison someone with a syringe becomes fifteen times bigger than usual.

Ah well. Still 2 more SA until I get that winter coat. :(

LogicStep

Are there any tips you guys would give to a new comer of the series? I did the tutorial level and then the game drops me into the same stage but this time I can go about it whatever way I like but it's really hard for me to find a way to do it differently from what the game just taught me.

MUnited83

For you.
Failed the elusive. Thought his route was super boring, and tried to get him killed by having Morgan hold the explosive phone and making him answer it while close to the elusive and a fire extinguisher.

I got killed by the blast lol

Easy way is to put a breaching charge and a fire extinguisher behind his chair, as long as you don't get a non target kill it's a guaranteed SA.

Plum

New to the game, just trying to do the Helmut Kruger kill in Showstopper. The thing is he never goes to pick up the call, he always just leaves into the main building for me. Waiting for 5 minutes doing nothing for him to do that is just frustrating. Is there anything I can do?

mf.luder

New to the game, just trying to do the Helmut Kruger kill in Showstopper. The thing is he never goes to pick up the call, he always just leaves into the main building for me. Waiting for 5 minutes doing nothing for him to do that is just frustrating. Is there anything I can do?

What call? He doesn't pick up a call. As soon as th mission starts, run to the back where the helicopter is and see him on a photo shoot. Wait for him to finish, he goes on a walk and then wait for him to be "alone".

Plum

What call? He doesn't pick up a call. As soon as th mission starts, run to the back where the helicopter is and see him on a photo shoot. Wait for him to finish, he goes on a walk and then wait for him to be "alone".

Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for I mean, except he never goes to where he's supposed to. I hide behind the barrier where he's supposed to go and wait but he just never goes there.

epmode

I'm a little confused. Helmut Kruger is the model that's near the helicopter at the start of the mission, right? You can pacify him relatively easily when he walks off to use his cellphone.

edit:
Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for I mean, except he never does it. I hide behind the barrier where he's supposed to go and wait but he just never goes there.

You probably have to trigger the sequence by walking near to him as his photographer is taking pictures. He eventually leaves to take the call.

Plum

I'm a little confused. Helmut Kruger is the model that's near the helicopter at the start of the mission, right? You can pacify him relatively easily when he walks off to use his cellphone.

edit:

You probably have to trigger the sequence by walking near to him as his photographer is taking pictures. He eventually leaves to take the call.

Hmmm, I just thought he makes a call after he heads to the bushes.

Should I just turn on opportunities for this bit so I know when I've started the sequence?

epmode

Should I just turn on opportunities for this bit so I know when I've started the sequence?

I don't think the opportunity will help in this case since it'll just point to Helmut.

It's not too complicated though. I just tested it:

Start the mission from the default location, head to the left and take the palace staff outfit from the guy that's turned away by security. Walk around the building to the helicopter, get right up to the stone barrier near Helmut and the photographer. He'll check his phone about 30 seconds later and he'll walk away to place a call.

If you're fast, you won't even have to deal with the bodyguards that are patrolling the area.

Plum

I don't think the opportunity will help in this case since it'll just point to Helmut.

It's not too complicated though. I just tested it:

Start the mission from the default location, head to the left and take the palace staff outfit from the guy that's turned away by security. Walk around the building to the helicopter, get right up to the stone barrier near Helmut and the photographer. He'll check his phone about 30 seconds later and he'll walk away to place a call.

If you're fast, you won't even have to deal with the bodyguards that are patrolling the area.

Thanks; I've managed to do it!

You could play with the middle setting... I think its called minimal or something. It still tells you what the objective is for the opportunity (if you find the opportunity) but it does not point you to it in any way.

Top Bottom