• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

So I've only started playing recently but there is somethign that keeps going wrong with the Helmut Kruger opportunity in Paris, I have to follow him to the back area, eavesdrop on a phonecall, and then it says i should disguise as him. But I can't, a few seconds after that pops up it always says that I can't do it anymore.
Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So I've only started playing recently but there is somethign that keeps going wrong with the Helmut Kruger opportunity in Paris, I have to follow him to the back area, eavesdrop on a phonecall, and then it says i should disguise as him. But I can't, a few seconds after that pops up it always says that I can't do it anymore.

I mean, have you choked/killed him?

This might be because you've spent too long in the level during that run. The opportunity only works if the fashion show hasn't ended yet (Sato and Novikov go on stage).

This might be because you've spent too long in the level during that run. The opportunity only works if the fashion show hasn't ended yet (Sato and Novikov go on stage).

Novikov is already dead at that time, I accidentally bumped to close too Helmut on the walk to there, is it possible that that threw off the entire thing?
Edit: Actually I recorded my play and at this point I get to close to him, I guess it is totally off because it autosaved at the very moment.

CloudWolf

So that wasn't very silent, but it got the job done.
I started with clearing the kitchen, knowing he would come down there at some point. I didn't expect him to come with his guard and a waiter though, so I whatever I tried, I could never get them both to be distracted enough to poison the target. Buuuut apparently the food critic sees through the kitchen help disguise, so he saw me and followed me around until I got him for myself. Unfortunately instead of syringing him, 47 decided to punch the guy in the face, forcing me to do a neck snap. Of course his guard opened the door and saw me trying to move the body, so I just ran for it. Oh well...

SL128

I didn't look at any discussion of how others completed it until I did so myself, but apparently I was less clever than I felt. Fire extinguisher on the plants, and red duck in the crack between the railing and the seats.

I'm seeing people discuss their exploitation of his routine; what triggers that? He stayed seated the entire 7 minutes in my playthrough.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Novikov is already dead at that time, I accidentally bumped to close too Helmut on the walk to there, is it possible that that threw off the entire thing?
Edit: Actually I recorded my play and at this point I get to close to him, I guess it is totally off because it autosaved at the very moment.

that's definitely a glitch. I don't know what would've caused it but it looks like it might be unrecoverable because another time you got him before the call started and it failed seconds later so it looks like it's on a timer or something.

I didn't look at any discussion of how others completed it until I did so myself, but apparently I was less clever than I felt. Fire extinguisher on the plants, and red duck in the crack between the railing and the seats.

I'm seeing people discuss their exploitation of his routine; what triggers that? He stayed seated the entire 7 minutes in my playthrough.

there's a waiter that comes up to him a couple of times to discuss the restaurant. He eventually says he wants to talk to the head chef and they go to the kitchen downstairs.

swarley64

So, question about pulling people over ledges from underneath... I've never been able to do it, but the Guant Bomb guys are able to do it in their Christmas video. From what I can find through Google it was added in November and then taken right back out? So they could fix some bugs?

MaKTaiL

So, question about pulling people over ledges from underneath... I've never been able to do it, but the Guant Bomb guys are able to do it in their Christmas video. From what I can find through Google it was added in November and then taken right back out? So they could fix some bugs?
Yes, the feature was removed on the December update but it's coming back on January with the bonus episode.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

correct. it will be back in the next update.

I got Silent Assassin on this guy by starting as a waiter and taking out the waiter enforcer that keeps going in the kitchen. I coined him in the corner as he was coming out of the kitchen. Then I coined the dishwasher into the little office area just off the kitchen. Waited for the food critic to go check out the kitchen and placed a gun behind the table for his body guard to find and a few coins on the ledge for him. Went back to the kitchen and coined the waiter that follows him into the office. Took him out. Went back upstairs to wait for him to return. His bodyguard took the gun away and I tossed a coin behind him to get him to notice the ones on the railing and pushed him off when he went to get them. Then I strolled out the front door.

xrnzaaas

Oh man the Colorado escalation was hard as hell. When I first got to level 2 I thought that I encountered a bug and that's the reason one of the targets didn't want to move. Soon I realized I had to lead him to an accident spot myself, wasn't easy. :) What's funny is that level 5 was actually much less challenging
I went around the camp counter-clockwise and I already knew where the old axe was
. I don't regret spending much more time with this escalation than I should, but I still wish we had more than one to choose from.

Here's my favorite place to visit in this escalation :D

111cpqtv.jpg

SL128

Oh man the Colorado escalation was hard as hell. When I first got to level 2 I thought that I encountered a bug and that's the reason one of the targets didn't want to move. Soon I realized I had to lead him to an accident spot myself, wasn't easy. :) What's funny is that level 5 was actually much less challenging
I went around the camp counter-clockwise and I already knew where the old axe was
. I don't regret spending much more time with this escalation than I should, but I still wish we had more than one to choose from.

The Mallory Misfortune is infamously bad. I don't even know what the intent was for 2-4. I just Wickermanned every time.

Roldan

Watched the critic's script to see what I could exploit.

He seems to eat the cake on the kitchen, so I just poisoned it. It's a shame it takes so long for him to go there, but I'm waiting.
Let's see how it'll work.

Cheese AF, but I want that SA.

EDIT: wait, what?
He didn't eat the cake this time.
God damn.

tchocky

He seems to eat the cake on the kitchen, so I just poisoned it. It's a shame it takes so long for him to go there, but I'm waiting.

God damn.

That's what I did as well
the first time he tasted the cake restart and he never did again even if I waited through 3 loops and multiple restarts got bored and just shot him in the head and escaped, I'll go for SA on the next one.

CloudWolf

God damn.

Wouldn't work anyway I think.
He doesn't eat the food, he spits it out.

BigAT

Does pulling a fire alarm count against Silent Assassin?

Also, for the ET
I got his guard away from him and then hit him with an emetic syringe in the hopes to get him somewhere where I could easily hide his body, but he didn't flinch.
Is this a bug or
does he have some anti-poison shit going on that makes him immune?

MUnited83

For you.

Also, for the ET
I got his guard away from him and then hit him with an emetic syringe in the hopes to get him somewhere where I could easily hide his body, but he didn't flinch.
Is this a bug or

Pulling a fire alarm is fine, just make sure that you're not seen pulling it.

icespide

Banned
For season 2 I am definitely going to buy and play as the episodes are released. Having all of them available at once is a bit overwhelming

Also, for the ET
Is this a bug or

I'm not sure about emetic poison but he definitely goes down to the lethal injection. I think your game might have bugged out or something. There's no reason for anyone to be immune to the emetic poison.

ArjanN

Also, for the ET
Is this a bug or

Bug probably, I think there's been a couple of cases before where some scripted event basically has more priority than the 'getting sick' event.

Stoze

For my SA elusive target kill:
Waited until he went down to the kitchen, put a breaching charge on back of the plant out of line of sight, and then put a fire extinguisher between that and his chair. Boom.
Went off surprisingly well, except as I headed to the dock I couldn't remember if I ran alongside any security cams so I went back and destroyed the tapes, that was kind of nerve racking.

BigAT

Bug probably, I think there's been a couple of cases before where some scripted event basically has more priority than the 'getting sick' event.

Yeah, I tried several more times and got the same behavior each time. It would definitely seem like a bug.
Got fed up and decided to say screw SA and switched to a lethal injection instead. It went successfully and I got out, but somehow I ended up getting SA anyway even though the body got found?

SAs are for suckers!
After running out of patience with the amount of time he spends sat upstairs in the restaurant, I simply walked up to his table as a waiter, placed the explosive phone on his table, then casually strolled to the nearest exit - dispatching him and his bodyguard along the way.

Got my first SA on this elusive target:
I didn't even realize he would leave the upstairs sitting area, so I just killed him there. Dropped guns in front of the two guards with line of sight, then when he was alone I distracted him by throwing something near the edge of the balcony where he would walk over and be JUST out of sight. Snapped his neck there and sprinted for the boat, praying nobody would walk by his body before I got there. I got lucky on that last bit.

swarley64

This one was easy.
"Hey, why did that guy randomly throw his cellphone over the railing at me? That was weird. Oh, it's ringing, I should probably answer this stranger's phone."

One that irks me, and that I hope they fix in S2 (or even in an update) is a way to back into a search after completing a custom contract. For example, if I do a search for "Melee: specific weapon, poison" across Marrakesh (bonus), Bangkok, and Hokkaido, I'd love to not have to reapply those filters after I complete the contract I decide to play.

One that irks me, and that I hope they fix in S2 (or even in an update) is a way to back into a search after completing a custom contract. For example, if I do a search for "Melee: specific weapon, poison" across Marrakesh (bonus), Bangkok, and Hokkaido, I'd love to not have to reapply those filters after I complete the contract I decide to play.

I agree. I was searching for easy contracts for the 10 contracts achievement and it was a pain to reapply the filters after completing one. An option to refine the search or search again after the contract would be helpful.

Moff

got SA/SO, man my heart was racing.

I recorded it, so if you wanna see how I did it: https://youtu.be/9z3Ol6yYJlY

(made some noise by exploring a river ducky, then killed him with a fire extinguisher explosion)

Got suit only Silent Assassin with this method, super easy.

you are good players

that's what I love about the elusives, the event feeling, that the community comes together every few weeks and shares strategies, records videos and talks about the new content. that wouldn't happen if the elusives were not limited. it just wouldn't be the same event feeling if people would talk about weeks or months old content.

Jintor

i think i might commit to not just throwing a knife at someone's head and legging it for elusives any more. That was too easy and I got nothing out of it. I mean, obviously it was messy as fuck, but still.

i think i might commit to not just throwing a knife at someone's head and legging it for elusives any more. That was too easy and I got nothing out of it. I mean, obviously it was messy as fuck, but still.

Silent assassin is really what everyone should be trying for with Elusive Targets, without using someone else's strat it really comes down to executing well and then still having to run away like a chicken when things go bad, fast.

I tried the detonator + breach for this weeks but waited too long to explode it and killed someone else and got hunted, took some running and ducking to get away without getting shot.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Oh motherfucker, I just found out you can carefully place objects with L1-R1 to your advantage.

Goddamnit.

Started playing this a few days ago. Tons of fun and a beautiful game. I did get impatient last night in the Paris mission and ended up shooting the target and escaping, but the escape after that was a lot of fun.

d00d3n

I tried to get back into this recently, but I wasn't entirely successful. The "hint" prompts to start waypointed "missions" within a map seems like a mistake. Is it possible to disable these prompts entirely? And if "yes", will I be locked out of interesting paths down the line that are almost impossible to figure out by yourself?

I tried to get back into this recently, but I wasn't entirely successful. The "hint" prompts to start waypointed "missions" within a map seems like a mistake. Is it possible to disable these prompts entirely? And if "yes", will I be locked out of interesting paths down the line that are almost impossible to figure out by yourself?

Yes, no.

There's really nothing among the standard opportunities that's impossible to figure out by yourself - just wander around the map and you will collect information in "Intel" that you can put together to get the bigger picture.

The biggest challenge is figuring out where something that you need is (so just spend a while scoping out the map), and the second biggest is sometimes figuring out timing.

d00d3n

There's really nothing among the standard opportunities that's impossible to figure out by yourself - just wander around the map and you will collect information in "Intel" that you can put together to get the bigger picture.

The biggest challenge is figuring out where something that you need is (so just spend a while scoping out the map), and the second biggest is sometimes figuring out timing.

Thanks!

Top Bottom