• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Thorgal

got him but in my haste i failed SA.

had the same idea to but a bomb behind his chair but miscalculated the blast radius so one other poor sod was send flying as well .

oh well. a kill is a kill .

KingKong

quick question, if someone sees me as I take them out but doesnt raise an alarm (so it says compromised but I hide the body), I can still get SA, right? I think I read that somewhere but want to make sure

Plum

So I've finished the first two episodes and done a bunch of the challenges in Paris, should I just continue through the story missions or go through each one as thoroughly as possible before moving onto the next?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Did the same bomb behind chair technique for the critic. Worked and no other casualties, but obviously, there goes my SA rating.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot they moved the security tape on this map. always plan your escape first, people.

This is a great game. I wish more sites talked about it.

I think a lot more people will be on it for the start of season 2 now. It's going to be great.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Does getting a "Compromised" status with a character that you subsequently knock out and whose body you hide screw you out of Silent Assassin?

usually yes it means you were seen and you'll lose your "Never spotted" bonus. There's an animation bug/trick that sometimes means you weren't but if you're not sure don't rely on it.

MUnited83

For you.
Does getting a "Compromised" status with a character that you subsequently knock out and whose body you hide screw you out of Silent Assassin?

No, but you need to be able to tell if he spotted you before he was knocked out or not. You'll get "compromised" status if you knock someone out that was looking in your direction, but you won't lose Silent Assassin unless he actually spotted you and became alerted before the object hits their face.

No, but you need to be able to tell if he spotted you before he was knocked out or not. You'll get "compromised" status if you knock someone out that was looking in your direction, but you won't lose Silent Assassin unless he actually spotted you and became alerted before the object hits their face.

Bah. Ok. So if they're in the bin/closet and the outline of their body is orange, he's spotted me I guess?

JAGMASK

Failed to SA the elusive target by having a body found. No idea how though,
I was really careful knocking out the kitchen staff and got out without problems, I even destroyed the evidence just to be sure
:

Not necessarily, no. They always get orange if you get compromised.
Did you throw a item, or hit him with a object with direct melee?

Snuck up behind him, had the prompt for subdue, he turned around as i hit the button, and i punched him in the face.

Had to restart my run anyway. This Elusive is a pain in the ass!

MUnited83

For you.
Snuck up behind him, had the prompt for subdue, he turned around as i hit the button, and i punched him in the face.

Had to restart my run anyway. This Elusive is a pain in the ass!

Oh, that is spotted then. Punch attacks get you spotted. If it was with a item instead you would've gotten away with it.

Foxxsoxx

I might agree about the limited time restriction but I'm absolutely on board with the one-shot mechanic. It turns a routine Hitman mission* into something completely nerve wrecking.

*in a game that is absolutely packed with routine Hitman missions.

edit: RPS wrote about the elusive targets: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/16/hitmans-elusive-targets-mode/

Being one time hit is both really cool but it's also really janky at the same time, especially with how wonky being noticed can be at times or accidently being behind someone and karate chopping them instead of choking them out.

Being time exclusive though I think is a horrible move. It does nothing but make the game lose value over time. It really just rubs me the wrong way because I love the game but replaying the same main missions is only entertaining for so long.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So I've finished the first two episodes and done a bunch of the challenges in Paris, should I just continue through the story missions or go through each one as thoroughly as possible before moving onto the next?

I am doing challenges until I get bored and then move forward. And I got fed up in Sapienza really fast.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Being one time hit is both really cool but it's also really odd at the same time, especially with how wonky being noticed can be at times or accidently being behind someone and karate chopping them instead of choking them out.

Being time exclusive though I think is a horrible move. It does nothing but make the game lose value over time. It really just rubs me the wrong way because I love the game but replaying the same main missions is only entertaining for so long.

Agreed, it should be a one time try but I just bought the game and I can see all the elusive targets that I can't do and it's some bs that this content is not accessible to me as a customer.

Got SA for the Food Critic. Man, clearing that whole
kitchen
out and knowing when and where you could coin people and who would be passing through that
little office
was nerve wracking. I was booking for the exit with an exposed body that I was praying no one found.

mf.luder

Agreed, it should be a one time try but I just bought the game and I can see all the elusive targets that I can't do and it's some bs that this content is not accessible to me as a customer.

But they are always releasing more ETs and you'll have access to season 2.

Foxxsoxx

But they are always releasing more ETs and you'll have access to season 2.

Yes but coming into things just now I've missed loads of content that I'll never get to be able to play.

I get the idea, to encourage people to buy the game right as episodes come out, but it also discourages people from buying them afterwards. It's a double-edged sword that only hurts customers.

The_Dama

Hi, im new here.

I purchased the Paris episode but Im having a hard time playing because I keep getting spotted and killed. Does the XB1 version offer quick save? Loading and tarting from the beginning sucks.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Hi, im new here.

I purchased the Paris episode but Im having a hard time playing because I keep getting spotted and killed. Does the XB1 version offer quick save? Loading and tarting from the beginning sucks.

you can save whenever you want. The game also creates saves every few minutes so if you go to the load menu when you've died or want to go back you should see a them there.

Figured this would be a super easy SA. Food critic will probably eat food at some point right? Just poison that beforehand and you're golden. Turns out the fucker doesn't even move from his throne :|

What I finally did was dress up as a waiter, distract the bodyguard with an illegal item to send him away, then get the target to stand up from his anti-backstab chair and poke him with the lethal injection.

I see everyone is going for the fire extinguisher explosion but I'm always scared I'll kill off other targets or the explosive will directly kill the target without it counting as an accident.

Foffy

Banned
Hi, im new here.

Certain contexts do not allow you to save, if I can expand on the other posters.

- Elusive Targets
- Escalations
- Online Contracts

You can save in anything else, but never in any of those.

Novocaine

Still pretty shit at this game but I have a lot of fun.

Did a quick run through Bangkok before trying out the elusive target and got enough mastery for the explosive phone.

Decided to put it on his table while he was in the kitchen. Just before he walked back to his table a waiter walked past, spotted the phone and took it. Fortunately he walked back in a minute later so sucks to be him but I exploded that shit and ran. Shouldn't be picking up other peoples cellphones I suppose.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Certain contexts do not allow you to save, if I can expand on the other posters.

- Elusive Targets
- Escalations
- Online Contracts

You can save in anything else, but never in any of those.

Also there's times when you can't save like when you're being hunted. I think I'm right in saying that unless it's changed or I just imagined it.

Still pretty shit at this game but I have a lot of fun.

Did a quick run through Bangkok before trying out the elusive target and got enough mastery for the explosive phone.

Decided to put it on his table while he was in the kitchen. Just before he walked back to his table a waiter walked past, spotted the phone and took it. Fortunately he walked back in a minute later so sucks to be him but I exploded that shit and ran. Shouldn't be picking up other peoples cellphones I suppose.

lol. getting the right person to pick stuff up can be a pain. Targets usually get a bodyguard to do it so you have to accept there's going to be some collateral damage if you go that route.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Oh no, they have blocked that possibility completely :p. They say he is known for always spitting the food he tries out.

Hell, the dossier mentions he never eats them at all.

Are there plans to recycle past elusive contracts btw? I've never had a chance to touch them myself since I just picked the game up.

MUnited83

For you.

Are there plans to recycle past elusive contracts btw? I've never had a chance to touch them myself since I just picked the game up.

No plans to recycle them. Although the framework for doing that is there. One of the server issues they had once brought back the elusive targets in the featured contracts section. Lasted for a couple of hours.

Foffy

Banned

They've said they have no plans to allow them to be replayed, but this is a server-side decision.

They can literally flip a switch and enable them permanently, offline. This is exactly what they did for the Sarajevo Six on PS4.

I watched him for a while to see if there was any real opportunity for a SA but didn't see it. So I just used the ol
fire extinguisher trick and left it lying on the banister behind him, which I then shot from downstairs by the bathroom.

I came real close to SA.
I shot a propane tank after luring him into the room with the walk-in freezer, but his bodyguard heard the silenced gunshot.
The "body found" ended up counting against me.

MUnited83

For you.
I came real close to SA.
I shot a propane tank after luring him into the room with the walk-in freezer, but his bodyguard heard the silenced gunshot.
The "body found" ended up counting against me.
Did the guard spot you while doing that or just heard the gunshot? The body found shouldn't have counted against you if he didn't spot you.

Did the guard spot you while doing that or just heard the gunshot? The body found shouldn't have counted against you if he didn't spot you.

I was never spotted, unless the bodyguard saw me shoot the propane tank. "No bodies found" was the only thing without the 20,000 point bonus though, so I don't know whether that would count against "Never spotted."

DrSlek

Got SA by
posing as wait staff at the bar and garrotting him as he passed, then stuffing him in the freezer behind the bar. I had to lure his bodyguard away with a gun, and separate him from the waiter he was following with a coin.
Got there in the end after many restarts.

Top Bottom