• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Anyone else having problems with the Hitman launch window popping up quickly then disappearing from the screen on steam? The only way I can get it to pop up and stay is launching the game in big picture mode.

MaKTaiL

After today's patch on PS4 I've noticed that when you holster an item, the icon either fades out or becomes an outline. The PC had that for a while now so it's good to have it on consoles finally. The only problem with the patch is that I also lost my pre-order items.

I completed all five levels of the Snorrason Ascension contract, but it's not showing that I've completed the contract under career feats. Anyone else have this?

thenexus6

Uh... nice patch notes...?

5HzzQk6.jpg

torpet

Neo Member
Let's see if that fixes my problems with the photobomb challenge. Loading after a assassination would always crash my game.

How is this possible?

During the day I was at my brother's place and we played Hitman, no problems. No server disconnects etc. I get home, I fire up Hitman and guess what? Nothing but errors, it can't even connect. Right now I get this shit:

You have been disconnected from the Hitman server. Failed to authorize your account with the Hitman server. You will now be switched to offline mode. No challenges, scores, nor leaderboards will be posted in offline mode.

I sure hope it's not my game sharing that's the reason of this. Doubt that, big time.

MaKTaiL

It appears the servers are offline for everyone. Hopefully they are doing maintenence to fix the issues.

EDIT

They are on again.

pahamrick

How is this possible?

During the day I was at my brother's place and we played Hitman, no problems. No server disconnects etc. I get home, I fire up Hitman and guess what? Nothing but errors, it can't even connect. Right now I get this shit:

You have been disconnected from the Hitman server. Failed to authorize your account with the Hitman server. You will now be switched to offline mode. No challenges, scores, nor leaderboards will be posted in offline mode.

I sure hope it's not my game sharing that's the reason of this. Doubt that, big time.

I've seen other reports of the game failing to authorize on the first computer after using game sharing / installing on multiple computers.

Roni

Gold Member
Played the beta, it seems they solved the walking animation issue for 47 in the final release. I can benchmark in DX12, but can't load any levels using the new API. It always stick at 75% loading.

Gameplay is really good, I'm going to definitely jump in when I have the time.

So guys does this feel like next gen blood money or no?

It has the sandbox gameplay of Blood Money, but doesn't come close to the soundtrack, atmosphere etc. It feels kinda soulless.

But if you only care about the sandbox Hitman gameplay then you can't go wrong.

KorrZ

I can't say a strong sense of atmosphere was ever something I really got out of the Hitman games.

I feel like it nails the tone from Blood Money which is really what matters. The assassinations are all goofy in the best way.

Also: Have they said when they're putting in more Escalation contracts? I really dig the first one but Paris would be so much better suited for it than the training level.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I can't say a strong sense of atmosphere was ever something I really got out of the Hitman games.

Did you play Contracts...? Creepy Lynchian Noir at its best. BM is a lot brighter and bolder, but that works thematically since its 47's first real trip to brighter, bolder America.

is this connection issues on ps4 right now? i've had no issues on pc with connectivity to their servers.

It's across all platforms, by all accounts. Not everyone is affected though.

With today patch I thought they will have corrected the NaN bug on the scoring system but apparently not ? Oh, well, it will have to wait till the next one.

Profanity

I feel like it nails the tone from Blood Money which is really what matters. The assassinations are all goofy in the best way.

Also: Have they said when they're putting in more Escalation contracts? I really dig the first one but Paris would be so much better suited for it than the training level.

Paris escalation is tomorrow!

NeoGiff

I still can't get the trophy for doing all opportunities in Paris to pop... what am I missing? I've definitely done all of the ones on the pause menu at least across my playthroughs.

MaKTaiL

I still can't get the trophy for doing all opportunities in Paris to pop... what am I missing? I've definitely done all of the ones on the pause menu at least across my playthroughs.
You have to finish the mission in order for them to count.

Deadstar

Paris escalation is tomorrow!

I wonder if locations will have multiple escalation contracts? You could do a million of them on the Paris level. I really enjoyed the escalation contract on the training level, especially because you can't save your game. It really increases the tension.

brau

Awesome. My pre-order bonus's are gone after the patch too. Cue IO apologists in 3..2..1..

I am sure this was a mistake and it will be fixed asap. Hang in there bud.

how did i do? apologetic enough?

I wonder if locations will have multiple escalation contracts? You could do a million of them on the Paris level. I really enjoyed the escalation contract on the training level, especially because you can't save your game. It really increases the tension.

i yet to try this escalation in Paris. But it sounds awesome. Love the idea, and i agree that Paris is so dense that it would be exciting and keep you guessing as to what to do to adapt to the situations.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Blood Money was my first, I never went back to the others.

You missed out the best one (IMO). Worth a look if you have the time.

Guess i am one of the lucky ones.

Thats too bad... what kind of servers are they using tho... this kind of game should not suffer from that.

Don't get me started! XD

This series is as important to me as MGS and Max Payne. I just want it to do well! :)

This is the first Hitman game that I'm really getting sucked into. Though I admit I haven't given any of the others a fair chance. For some reason this is just the sort of game I want to be playing right now and I'm really enjoying it. Love the Challenges.

I like that it is episodic too. It's actually helping me as a newcomer get used to the game and its nuances by being really focused on a few detailed maps. The escalation missions are great. Pretty much taught me almost every angle you can approach that map. Looking forward to more like that but in the meantime I still have a lot to explore with the Paris map.

brau

Don't get me started! XD

This series is as important to me as MGS and Max Payne. I just want it to do well! :)

all of those games quality franchises.

I do love Hitman for what it wants to do, and i think this entry is a move in the right direction. I am excited to see what it builds upon with updates and the next series of entries.

My hope is that they add a lot of other modes that add to the already replayable setup.

also, the scoring is a bit weird. I think it just need to understand it better.

I'm certainly interested in more Hitman. I just always thought that Blood Money was considered the best by consensus. Do you think Contracts holds up gameplay wise?

Blood Money is the best

But Contracts is very good,

i played it for the first time last yr, and the controls were modern enough that i wasnt thinking to myself, "what is this, a 2004 game or something?!"

Don't get me started! XD

Well, I hope you are happy with the crowds of people shouting bloody murder over the always-on connection; I'm sure it REALLY helped to sell the game and ensured we will have another Hitman game after this one.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm certainly interested in more Hitman. I just always thought that Blood Money was considered the best by consensus. Do you think Contracts holds up gameplay wise?

I reckon so.

Obviously it has less features than BM (no accidents) but it was basically the distillation of the formula which BM built on (and arguably surpassed). It has none of the flab of - and slightly more predictable AI - than H2:SA. It has way more atmosphere and a better difficulty curve than BM. Not that I dislike those games, not one jot, but it occupies a great middle ground, I think. It has some of the absolute best levels in the series (Meat King's Party, Hunter and Hunted, Beldingford (?) Manor), including a number of reworked ones from C:47 (Traditions of the Trade, The Seafood Massacre, The Lee Hong Assassination). Good shit!

It's only a couple of quid on Steam, I believe. Give it a shot.

Top Bottom