• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

How do you get the duck proximity mine? I saw it in that video but not sure how to unlock it.

For the food critic, I just waited until he went into the kitchen and chucked a knife from the storage room into his skull while he was berating the chef. I was going to do something fancy but decided that was all he deserved.

You get the proximity duck from level 15 Marrakesh mastery. Edit: Completely misread. Proximity duck is from Sapienza mastery level 20.

When you say breaching charge distraction do you mean having them pick it up and kill them on route to the weapon box? Nice job, my method I was doing before giving up was way different. I found a reliable way to get the saber in the school:

On the bottom floor run to the base of the stairwell that's blocked with stuff. Wait for people to pass and then chuck a noisemaker up on the starwell and activate it so the general officer guarding Zaydan's office gets it. Then immediately go up and grab saber from left side. Go to the outdoor area and chuck a coin in a alcove just in front of the APC that no one can see, stab him with saber. Then I go up and drop weapons or charges in the corners of the room with the other target, flip the breaker switch so both soldiers get up, get the weapons, and leave for a bit. Stab the officer target and drag him a bit behind a desk, grab the keys, jump out the far window in that room and then gtfo before the soldiers come back.

The last part is risky and where I messed up on, but I think it's doable.

Yeah, I've been exploiting the weapon box routes of guards a lot because of the predictability. I guess it's still slower than making your own way - good catch on the
APC alcove
!

I also just learned that for the officer target,
you can just push him on the early levels by turning off the power
. Now I wish there were a way to throw a bladed weapon hard enough to send the body flying out a window.

*spend two hours on Colorado*

*advance from level 11 to 15*

Arrrrgh this map takes forever to hit mastery on!

It should really be the level that takes the fewest runs because of how most things you can do aren't mutually exclusive. I spent 3 hours on my first run and got to level 12 or 14?

You shouldn't even need the crazy stuff like all fiber wire, dumping everybody in the slurry pit, or Wicker Man.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I finished the Critic elusive but I can't seem to make him move, so I had only 3/5 with no SA :(

Colorado I would like to see be used as a non-MGS style map. As it is, it's pretty annoying and doesn't really offer much in creativity.

Mik2121

Got a n00b question, guys.

I played the first training mission and the Paris mission back... a long time ago. I remember back then turning some gameplay stuff off, but can't remember very well.

Anyway, I'm downloading the update pack now and in the meantime was playing the Christmas stuff. I noticed that to kill these enemies, I don't have many clues... right? Or am I missing something? I would like to turn off as many gameplay things as possible assuming the game doesn't simply break apart. I remember for the main story I could go through it without using the R1 view mode (the one that highlights enemies).

What things do you guys suggest to turn off on the gameplay menu that make the game challenging but doesn't break it or make it harder in an unfair way?

I played the first training mission and the Paris mission back... a long time ago. I remember back then turning some gameplay stuff off, but can't remember very well.

Anyway, I'm downloading the update pack now and in the meantime was playing the Christmas stuff. I noticed that to kill these enemies, I don't have many clues... right? Or am I missing something? I would like to turn off as many gameplay things as possible assuming the game doesn't simply break apart. I remember for the main story I could go through it without using the R1 view mode (the one that highlights enemies).

What things do you guys suggest to turn off on the gameplay menu that make the game challenging but doesn't break it or make it harder in an unfair way?

the most important is to set opportunities to minimal or off.

instinct mode in this game (unlike absolution) isn't bad, it does the job of the map in previous hitman games. everything else is up to you to turn off.

Perfectly timed my hits in Club 27 last night, where I
pushed Cross off the atrium roof, walked over to the other side and watched Morgan blow himself up starting the Tuk-Tuk.
I love it when a plan comes together!

Another Bangkok question though:
Is there any way to lure Cross into Heidi's room using the guitar? When Dexy is in the hallway drinking her wine, if I play the guitar she checks it out every time, but Cross always ignores me and just walks back into the garden. Is this how it's supposed to be, or am I missing something else to trigger this?

Can someone explain elusive targets to me.

Can I play every elusive target retroactively, as I bought the game just now? Or are they forever gone?

Weebos

Banned

Can I play every elusive target retroactively, as I bought the game just now? Or are they forever gone?

They're gone forever.

They're missions that you can only attempt once. Dying during an Elusive Target mission means you failed and can't play it again.

Speaking of which, the first Hokkaido elusive target is releasing in February: https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/817311380760051712

...With that timing relative to the disc release, so many people are going to get destroyed from just not having loadout slots unlocked.

Perfectly timed my hits in Club 27 last night, where I
pushed Cross off the atrium roof, walked over to the other side and watched Morgan blow himself up starting the Tuk-Tuk.
I love it when a plan comes together!

Another Bangkok question though:
Is there any way to lure Cross into Heidi's room using the guitar? When Dexy is in the hallway drinking her wine, if I play the guitar she checks it out every time, but Cross always ignores me and just walks back into the garden. Is this how it's supposed to be, or am I missing something else to trigger this?

I've never actually tried this at all, but what if
Dexy is knocked out first
?

Boss Doggie

You cannot save and you are given one chance of killing the target (so failing means fail), but you can restart as long as you haven't died or killed the target.

The targets come and go.

ZeroX03

Banned
Speaking of which, the first Hokkaido elusive target is releasing in February: https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/817311380760051712

...With that timing relative to the disc release, so many people are going to get destroyed from just not having loadout slots unlocked.

No sympathy. The last few maps have been neglected and starved for content for far too long now. Time for the players who've been ready for months to enjoy.

That's disappointing. :/

Elusive targets was the thing that made me buy it. Not really feeling the campaign.

The thing you didn't really understand is what made you buy the game?

I've never actually tried this at all, but what if
Dexy is knocked out first
?
I've actually rat poisoned her drink so Cross is alone, and he still ignores me. And when both of them are there, only Dexy goes into that room.

I'm trying to kill Cross with the katana, and I know I can just get the thumb drive and take him out in his own room, but ideally this way would be quicker.

No sympathy. The last few maps have been neglected and starved for content for far too long now. Time for the players who've been ready for months to enjoy.

I mean, I thought for sure they would do Hokkaido in January before the disc release and then Paris in February after the disc release for the new players! But instead it's the other way around.

The thing you didn't really understand is what made you buy the game?

Maybe not entirely, but it was a selling point for me after hearing my friend talk about it a lot. Of course, I didn't think "new content every month" meant "temporary content each month".

No harm, no foul. I can just refund it.

I turn everything off except the NPC icons. It's too tough to tell, especially initially, who is seeing through your disguise and who isn't.

After I've played through a mission a few times, I'll set Opportunities to Minimal to see what I've missed.

SL128

Maybe not entirely, but it was a selling point for me after hearing my friend talk about it a lot. Of course, I didn't think "new content every month" meant "temporary content each month".

No harm, no foul. I can just refund it.
Elusive targets are biweekly each month, and the other weeks are filled with escalations and featured contracts which are permanent.

Unkle

I play using DS4 (using DS4Windows) and I've never had that issue. I was going to say it sounds like the stick was accidentally pushed in a direction when you plugged it in and that was set as the default state, but since you've tried different controllers I can't imagine that being the case.

Okay, so, slight update. Tried again this morning and still had the issue. However, I installed DS4Windows and the controller itself is now working perfectly, (maybe it overrided a driver that was screwing the connection the game makes with the controller, I dunno) but the controller overlay and the prompts are an Xbox One controller. :/

There's no option to switch it to PS4 in-game, is there anything else I can do? Is there a profile to download or something on the DS4Windows front or do I have to just learn the Xbox One buttons?

Thanks for the help everyone!

How do you get the duck proximity mine? I saw it in that video but not sure how to unlock it.

For the food critic, I just waited until he went into the kitchen and chucked a knife from the storage room into his skull while he was berating the chef. I was going to do something fancy but decided that was all he deserved.

Exactly what i did because i did not see any other opportunities. He doesn't eat, he didn't drink, he walks a very short path full of security... I wonder what others did.

MUnited83

For you.
I guess I should get around to trying to understand how the panic mechanics work:

- Most civilians and some guards can't enforce trespassing rules for a while when a fire alarm or explosion goes off
- Civilians panicking will run away if anything is thrown near them

Does that about cover it?
That is indeed correct. Guards will enforce trespassing rules, but they will likely not spot you because they will go to the source of the explosion. In the case of the room where the stalker is, you are not actually trespassing until you actually enter the room, so the guards that would otherwise try to stop you are not going to notice you, since they are already going downstairs.

And yes, if you throw something near someone that is panicking, they will run away and find a new location to cool down. Here is someone manipulating the food critic into being into a place where he gets killed by a coconut.

And yes, if you throw something near someone that is panicking, they will run away and find a new location to cool down. Here is someone manipulating the food critic into being into a place where he gets killed by a coconut.

I was trying to figure out that video for a few days, but it never actually made sense until I saw your video just now.

Also, I just remembered that civilian "Super Enforcers" as featured in escalations like The Lyndon Gyration remain vigilant even while panicking, which also confused the issue for me. So there are technically different tiers of civilians... it just doesn't matter the majority of the time.

In this game you can only inject people, if that's what you mean. Not like previous games where you could inject food or drink.

Injection doesn't make much noise but it does get seen by just about anyone with line of sight in a huge radius.

Boss Doggie

In this game you can only inject people, if that's what you mean. Not like previous games where you could inject food or drink.

Injection doesn't make much noise but it does get seen by just about anyone with line of sight in a huge radius.

the food/drink I mean, was hoping they would be useful rather than having to scour for enemics or poison pills

you can unlock emetic/poison vials with which you can poison food and drinks by gaining a certain level of mastery in a few of the levels.

Majora

Can someone explain why you would choose the poison syringe, which can only be used once and can't be used in food or drink, over the reusable fibre wire? Is it quicker or something?

CloudWolf

Can someone explain why you would choose the poison syringe, which can only be used once and can't be used in food or drink, over the reusable fibre wire? Is it quicker or something?

It was useless before. Now it's the single most powerful tool in the Hitman arsenal, except for maybe a breaching charge + fire extinguisher. What you forget is that the syringe counts as an 'unnoticed kill' now. This means that you won't have to hide the body after you poison your target and still get the Silent Assassin rating. With the fibre wire you still have to drag the body somewhere it won't be found.

Because it leaves no mark, they suppose he died by a heart attack or something like that, so it counts as something like an accident.

Lethal syringe? Yes, it's significantly quicker.

Also if you aren't spotted, as a poison kill it gets treated as an accident, so you can kill someone and not have to hide their body to keep SA.

Edit: beaten by a county mile.

Stoze

I've been doing roulette runs lately, they should think about implementing this in season 2. It's really fun, in fact I'll probably only replay the missions like this from now on unless I'm going for challenges I need to mop up.

Boss Doggie

If they're gonna make a bonus Colorado map that's a non-military themed, what do you think would it look like? Methinks it's gonna be a rich farm with drugs underneath.

Zemm

I'm loving this game, have spent a lot of time in Sapienza and am now going to move on to Marakesh. I've been trying some contracts out and they seem pretty limiting or am I missing stuff? Like I wanted to make a Paris level which is basically the Hitmas stuff Giantbomb was doing - Kill the woman as Kruger with a fire axe, etc. That kind of stuff isn't available as settings? Would love it if they could add these restrictions so that I can share them with friends, seems to be the only thing that's missing.

I'm loving this game, have spent a lot of time in Sapienza and am now going to move on to Marakesh. I've been trying some contracts out and they seem pretty limiting or am I missing stuff? Like I wanted to make a Paris level which is basically the Hitmas stuff Giantbomb was doing - Kill the woman as Kruger with a fire axe, etc. That kind of stuff isn't available as settings? Would love it if they could add these restrictions so that I can share them with friends, seems to be the only thing that's missing.
If you play other contracts you'll see that is possible... that's really the only thing you can adjust in contracts-Amount of targets, how you need to kill each one.

Over on Hitmanforum they just collectively realized that The Food Critic started a different route that opened up new silent assassin opportunities if you got rid of his bodyguard. It's just that almost nobody noticed.

The extra body container behind the bar must have been intended for dumping his guard, not him...

Justin

I've been doing roulette runs lately, they should think about implementing this in season 2. It's really fun, in fact I'll probably only replay the missions like this from now on unless I'm going for challenges I need to mop up.

I just tried this and it gave me kill Soders by making the surgeon fail the surgery using the yoga instructor which I dont think is possible since you need the pilot disguise right?

I just tried this and it gave me kill Soders by making the surgeon fail the surgery using the yoga instructor which I dont think is possible since you need the pilot disguise right?

All that matters is what you are wearing at the moment of death. So run back and change!

Just bought this game. What would you guys reccommend as far as turning off/on icons/tooltips/opportunity icons and stuff if I want to go hard on the game but also still have...fun...?

MaKTaiL

Just bought this game. What would you guys reccommend as far as turning off/on icons/tooltips/opportunity icons and stuff if I want to go hard on the game but also still have...fun...?
Play the tutorials and see if you can live without the features like mini-map, opportunities, etc.

Play with everything on until you finish Paris once and you can see how it works. Go from there to decide how to tune it.

Kerned

Banned
Play with everything on until you finish Paris once and you can see how it works. Go from there to decide how to tune it.
This is excellent advice. It's important to see how the game works with all the available tools before electing to not use some of those tools.

Top Bottom