• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Zocano

What are some of the better escalations? I've only done one to stage 5 (Videl Cataclysm) and that one was ... boring?

Bashing my head a bit against Mallory Misfortune (the colorado one) but it's kinda intense and having trouble with just stage 2.

SL128

What are some of the better escalations? I've only done one to stage 5 (Videl Cataclysm) and that one was ... boring?

Bashing my head a bit against Mallory Misfortune (the colorado one) but it's kinda intense and having trouble with just stage 2.
The Kotti Paradigm is great if you know Paris and the game's mechanics. Same for the Hokkaido escalation. The Icon's escalation was fine, and I liked the House Built on Sand one. Otherwise, I can't remember how to identify any others. Here's a community driven rating of the escalations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6foqSdrhpW32CbmKWpEnq-Axo/edit#gid=2063983274

Question, if I'm interested in doing all the challenges for a particular location, do I need to complete the mission in order to get the challenges done, or can I just jump in, assassinate one target how they want me to, then bounce out?
They fully unlock once they appear in the corner; completing the mission just shows all challenges completed since the last time you finished the level.

Zocano

Is this game complete already and can we expect a complete edition sometime?

It's "complete" insofar as Season 1 is "complete". You can purchase season 1 as a whole digitally right now and there will be a retail form later this month.

But there is definitely a Season 2 planned and they seem to be keeping up with the Elusive Targets that are basically temporary miniature hits/missions.

Colorado ET on Friday.

Elusive Target 18 has two objectives AND special contract conditions apply:

Objectives: (1) Eliminate Richard M. Foreman & (2) Retrieve Documents.
Special Contract Conditions: Eliminate the target with a non-explosion accident.

MUnited83

For you.
They should fix the fire extinguisher cheese already. Make it only knock out targets, instead of kill them.
I have to disagree. Yeah, they can be used in cheesy ways, but there is also ways of using them creatively. And in a game so open and about a huge amount of options, it is only natural that some of them will be somewhat cheesy.

If anything they should bring back flying fire extinguishers. Those were a thing of beauty.

I have to disagree. Yeah, they can be used in cheesy ways, but there is also ways of using them creatively. And in a game so open and about a huge amount of options, it is only natural that some of them will be somewhat cheesy.

If anything they should bring back flying fire extinguishers. Those were a thing of beauty.

Nu-uh!

It's:

-an explosive weapon
-whose effect is considered accident
-it isn't seen as a weapon, so it can be placed anywhere
-it's in the maps, so you don't have to bring it in your slots

It's totally OP. You say it can be used creatively. I think it's the opposite: it destroys creativity, as people tend to use the easiest way they know (which is also the same always, so creative), putting the fire extinguisher near target, shooting it from a hidden position, instead of bothering of thinking a less trivial way to kill the target.

KingKong

they should just make it so if its picked up and dropped somewhere it doesn't count as an accident kill. it would still make sense as an accident if its just hanging on the wall and blows up

jiffy38

So I have purchased each level individually. If I purchase each map would it unlock the bonus levels or was that only for people who purchased the full season? Will they unlock once I individual purchase each map?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So I have purchased each level individually. If I purchase each map would it unlock the bonus levels or was that only for people who purchased the full season? Will they unlock once I individual purchase each map?

I think I'm right in saying the three bonus maps collectively count as another episode you'll need to purchase. That was what people were so pissed off about when they announced it because it wasn't messaged clearly at the start.

Everyone who bought the complete season has all the currently released bonus episodes. If you were paying by the map, you'll have to buy the bonus pack when it comes out later in the year.

jiffy38

Everyone who bought the complete season has all the currently released bonus episodes. If you were paying by the map, you'll have to buy the bonus pack when it comes out later in the year.

That is really unfortunate. Can't believe that is the method they chose considering paying per map is more money than the season. Is there any communication that they may change that in future? When would the bonus pack come out?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
-an explosive weapon

If the only change they made was to have guards or staff pick them up (like guns) but civilians not notice them, it would still be somewhat viable with a little more risk; just not the go to execution method when you can't think of anything else.

5f05a01f7c7255a1ed89cdf86e656c1cf78d8178.jpg

This will be interesting. Has to be a non-explosion accident kill. And also retrieve the documents.

Will be quite challenging, me thinks.

That is really unfortunate. Can't believe that is the method they chose considering paying per map is more money than the season. Is there any communication that they may change that in future? When would the bonus pack come out?

Supposedly you'll be able to buy it when the final bonus mission comes out on January 31st.

Joeku

The only reason I can think that it won't be too bad is that Colorado is mostly flat and not that populated. So unless they add in a ton of bodyguards/patrols, it won't be too tough to just separate him and drown/poison him.

They're probably gonna add in a ton of bodyguards. and put him in the house. :(

Also is this the first Colorado ET?

The only reason I can think that it won't be too bad is that Colorado is mostly flat and not that populated. So unless they add in a ton of bodyguards/patrols, it won't be too tough to just separate him and drown/poison him.

They're probably gonna add in a ton of bodyguards. and put him in the house. :(

Also is this the first Colorado ET?

First Colorado ET, yes.

The house is the best place he could possibly be in for accident kills! Push out a window, push over a railing, drop the ceiling lamp... And actual walls to prevent random people from seeing you do it.

I just started (well, put 20 hours into) this and am really loving it. I'm at level 10 in Sapienza after getting to level 20 in Paris and I'm looking forward to seeing what the other maps have to offer me. It's kind of remarkable that after the shift that was Absolution they've made a game that feels exactly like classic Hitman, only with several smart improvements.

I'm going to wait until I've explored all the maps before I dive into Elusive Targets but for the time being I'm thoroughly enjoying the Escalations. There's a real joy to figuring out a clean (or clumsy) method to achieving the hit only to have additional weird restrictions thrown in afterwards. It really makes you think outside the box and try new stuff.

Almost to the point of getting through Sapienza - I'm sitting at level 18 mastery after my silent assassin, suit only run last night. I'm trying to recreate the experience of getting these levels in an episodic fashion so I'm installing artificial time barriers and I think it's for the best. I can't imagine just playing this game straight through or maybe playing a level twice before moving on. I think the real joy is getting to a point where you understand the map and the routines and you're trying to knock off challenges or opportunities that read like a different language when you started the level.

Stoze

Dropping a car or hay bale on him would also count as an accident, right?

Car yes, hay bale probably but I'm not sure. Also catching them on fire is a non-explosive accident.

Also this ET made me remember the taco vans in Colorado.
If you explode those do they have a big enough radius to kill Maya when she's next to them?

MUnited83

For you.
Nu-uh!

It's:

-an explosive weapon

It's totally OP. You say it can be used creatively. I think it's the opposite: it destroys creativity, as people tend to use the easiest way they know (which is also the same always, so creative), putting the fire extinguisher near target, shooting it from a hidden position, instead of bothering of thinking a less trivial way to kill the target.
I mean, look at the fastest time on the food critic
That isnt trivial or easy, it's amazing. The fire extinguisher can be used creatively if the player wishes to do so. Like most other tools in the game, creativity is something that each player will have to do on their own.

Bebpo

Banned
So, how is Hitman going to deal with the hardcore players vs non-hardcore players who are playing the game and buying the new episodes?

Because it seems like the ETs just continually get tougher and tougher which makes sense for the high-level skill/hardcore players because they want to continually be challenged more and more. So every ET can try to make it tougher and appease them.

But what about the large group of Hitman buyers who aren't high-skill? As someone in that range (I don't think I'm like Giant Bomb bad, but I'm not super good either), I just see ETs like this and laugh because ETs are far beyond my ability at this point so I don't even bother.

I feel like maybe it'd be nice is the dev team would focus on continually releasing content to appease both sides of the spectrum. Maybe switch up the ETs with one high challenging one, and one for beginners. Or release 2 versions of a single ET (normal mode, hardcore mode) with slightly different setups and different leaderboards. Idk, but I think it's an issue as I just feel left out as a Hitman player at this point and I'd like to see more stuff geared towards players of all skill levels.

SL128

So, how is Hitman going to deal with the hardcore players vs non-hardcore players who are playing the game and buying the new episodes?

Because it seems like the ETs just continually get tougher and tougher which makes sense for the high-level skill/hardcore players because they want to continually be challenged more and more. So every ET can try to make it tougher and appease them.

But what about the large group of Hitman buyers who aren't high-skill? As someone in that range (I don't think I'm like Giant Bomb bad, but I'm not super good either), I just see ETs like this and laugh because ETs are far beyond my ability at this point so I don't even bother.

I feel like maybe it'd be nice is the dev team would focus on continually releasing content to appease both sides of the spectrum. Maybe switch up the ETs with one high challenging one, and one for beginners. Or release 2 versions of a single ET (normal mode, hardcore mode) with slightly different setups and different leaderboards. Idk, but I think it's an issue as I just feel left out as a Hitman player at this point and I'd like to see more stuff geared towards players of all skill levels.
Since the first after boxed release is Paris, I assume they're going to reset the difficulty ramp but scale it up faster. One alternative way they could address it, however, would be to make the targets easy to kill, but hard to SA.

Since the first after boxed release is Paris, I assume they're going to reset the difficulty ramp but scale it up faster. One alternative way they could address it, however, would be to make the targets easy to kill, but hard to SA.

Technically, the majority of the targets have been easy to kill and hard to SA. Mostly with a remote duck or phone, and sometimes by sniping.

Also, I would say 95% of all the trouble you could get into can be evaded by restarting. For those intimidated, I would say... what's the difference between trying and failing and never trying?

Drazgul

Whew lad. This will be a rough one.

I know you can restart an ET if you haven't yet achieved any of the mission objectives, but what about quitting and coming back to it? I haven't reached Colorado in the story mode yet even, and I'll need time to learn the map first.

Top Bottom