• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Demoskinos

Just bought this game. What would you guys reccommend as far as turning off/on icons/tooltips/opportunity icons and stuff if I want to go hard on the game but also still have...fun...?

Experiment. Personally I like turning everything off for my first run of a map and really try to figure out things on my own. On subsequent runs I'll turn on minimal help and try out some of the opportunities.

Just got it and was playing all weekend. I did almost all the challenges for the two tutorial missions. Really incredible game.

Throw hammers all day.

How is that not lethal?? Lol

Just got it and was playing all weekend. I did almost all the challenges for the two tutorial missions. Really incredible game.

Throw hammers all day.

How is that not lethal?? Lol

Get caught throwing a hammer at someone, and you might get a lecture from a guard about the severity of cerebral trauma.

There's your concession to realism.

Get caught throwing a hammer at someone, and you might get a lecture from a guard about the severity of cerebral trauma.

There's your concession to realism.

I know there's lots of unrealistic stuff in here but I did find that the coin distraction Mechanic and throwable non lethals made things really easy.

But that is kind of the point, make it open ended.

Still, the hammer is basically a traquilizer dart from short range with infinite ammo. And the coin lets you lure characters anywhere. I wish it was less effective. Like the second coin they just start looking for you.

I know there's lots of unrealistic stuff in here but I did find that the coin distraction Mechanic and throwable non lethals made things really easy.

But that is kind of the point, make it open ended.

Still, the hammer is basically a traquilizer dart from short range with infinite ammo. And the coin lets you lure characters anywhere. I wish it was less effective. Like the second coin they just start looking for you.

Don't worry, everything gets harder eventually. Nonlethal weapons get harder to find, you'll start getting more single-use items, and level design makes it harder and harder to use coins.

And it won't be trivial anymore to just get the exact person you want to lure or knock out.

Never played any Hitman games, what makes this game so special? I'm thinking buying the first episode to get started.

Offline play is now possible with the latest patch?

Edit: Have now bought the prologue and episode one.

Do I need to register with square enix for it to run?

Never played any Hitman games, what makes this game so special? I'm thinking buying the first episode to get started.

It's the only modern game anywhere near AAA that's built around replaying levels to master the game. Most of the levels are like machines made from hundreds of interlocking pieces, and you won't fully understand how to make the machine do what you want until you've played a bunch of times and tried breaking all the rules.

Along the way you get to see dozens of unique kills that can only be accomplished by fulfilling special challenges, and unlock equipment that expands the limits of what you can do.

Offline only lets you play the levels using all your unlocks - it doesn't let you achieve or unlock anything new. It is still limited in that respect.

You only really need a Square Enix account if you want to get sent surveys.

Sounds good. So I don't need to create a square enix account ( like how you have to create a ubi soft account to play their games)
Sorry, was unsure with your answer.
I will be able to play this today now, forgot it's just a small download being epilogue and first chapter.

Edit: Have now bought the prologue and episode one.

Do I need to register with square enix for it to run?

It's literally the only 'hitman simulator' game in existence. Or the only 'social stealth game' (where you hide in plain sight) in existence, too. It's pretty unique.

I'm new to this series, so I'll have to ask, with some NPCs you're disguised as, they have a dot next to them because you have to be careful around them.

So if I start doing bizarre things will they be alerted or something? What are some things I can do to alert and not alert them?

The only game I played with disguises is MGS series and TF2 :).

Moff

I'm new to this series, so I'll have to ask, with some NPCs you're disguised as, they have a dot next to them because you have to be careful around them.

So if I start doing bizarre things will they be alerted or something? What are some things I can do to alert and not alert them?

The only game I played with disguises is MGS series and TF2 :).
They will be alerted on sight

I picked up the Tutorial and Paris pack this weekend since it snowed and I was stranded. I also grabbed Stardew Valley so I need to cool it with the spending. Anyway, I never played a Hitman game before and bought this entirely on word of mouth.

I am enjoying it. I haven't made it to Paris yet but I've put a lot of time in each of the tutorial missions. I am trying to 100% the Challenges. I like how smart the game can be.
Needing to be a bartender to interact with a drink was a cool touch.
. I am excited to play more, really.

tBkpAYu.png

The guy on the right is asking 47 what the fuck he's doing and 47 has no answer. What a nonsense challenge :\

The guy on the right is asking 47 what the fuck he's doing and 47 has no answer. What a nonsense challenge :\

Is that the Tuppence a Wish challenge? I ended up collecting all the coins I could, throughout the level, and then took out any of the hotel staff who could hear the coin tosses. I then saved and took about six attempts to finally unlock it.

Trying to complete the challenges and the PS4 load times are killing me. The best part is waiting for the load menu to load up just to load a game!

Is that the Tuppence a Wish challenge? I ended up collecting all the coins I could, throughout the level, and then took out any of the hotel staff who could hear the coin tosses. I then saved and took about six attempts to finally unlock it.

It is yeah. You can see the challenge finally unlocking on the top right of the screenshot. Took me a few attempts as well.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Holy hell, I love Hitman but last night elevated it to a whole new level. One of my best friends was in town and we started playing Hitman around 8:30 last night, fast forward 8 hours later and we finally turn it off because we were about to pass out.

After any death we would pass the controller and continue from the latest quick save. So much fucking shit happened that I have not seen or experienced. We played through Italy, Marrakesh and killed 2 of 4 of the targets in Colorado.

Such a great experience.

PS: Katana is overpowered awesomeness!

Shaanyboi

Banned
Just bought this game. What would you guys reccommend as far as turning off/on icons/tooltips/opportunity icons and stuff if I want to go hard on the game but also still have...fun...?

First playthrough of a level, leave the defaults on. As you learn it, if you wanna start challenging yourself, turn stuff off.

For any Hitman fans who have finished and waiting for season 2 (and new elusive targets), I would recommend trying out Dishonored 2. Recently started playing and its fantastic, lot of stealth, the levels are pretty huge with a lot of variety and hidden stuff to find. A good 20-30 hours of gameplay for a single play through and you will want to play through at least twice since you can play as two different characters. Its FPS stealth (or guns blazing), not TPS like Hitman but it reminds me a LOT of the stuff I find really fun in Hitman... like sneaking up on people, planning kills and escapes, level complexity, etc.

Demoskinos

For any Hitman fans who have finished and waiting for season 2 (and new elusive targets), I would recommend trying out Dishonored 2. Recently started playing and its fantastic, lot of stealth, the levels are pretty huge with a lot of variety and hidden stuff to find. A good 20-30 hours of gameplay for a single play through and you will want to play through at least twice since you can play as two different characters. Its FPS stealth (or guns blazing), not TPS like Hitman but it reminds me a LOT of the stuff I find really fun in Hitman... like sneaking up on people, planning kills and escapes, level complexity, etc.

I really have been struggling to get into Dishonored 2. I just think the information they feed back to you about your current state of stealth is bad and not nearly as intuitive and informative as something like Hitman.

I know I'm late to the parade, but holy shit is this game addicting. I've spent like 30 hours with it and have only done the tutorial missions and Paris. I wish there was a reason to get past Mastery level 20 on Paris. Seems like I've done so many more challenges after I maxed out at 20.

Should I turn opportunities mode off? New player here.
If you're new to Hitman keep them on for a bit as the hand-holding will help you get your bearings. Set it to minimal once you're comfortable with how they work.

With minimal you'll still get notifications about opportunities, but the game won't explicitly tell you how to achieve them.

epmode

I had a good time doing this:

Opportunities on Full for the tutorial levels, to learn how the game works. Switch them to Minimal when starting the Paris mission and then switch them completely off once you're comfortable. Switch them back to Minimal after playing a new level for a bit, just to make sure you didn't miss anything obvious.

This advice works for people that enjoy crawling through a new level learning its ins and outs and checking all collected intel. If you're not into that, leave them on Minimal.

Full opportunities suck the fun out of the game.

Stoze

Opportunities on Full for the tutorial levels, to learn how the game works. Switch them to Minimal when starting the Paris mission and then switch them completely off once you're comfortable. Switch them back to Minimal after playing a new level for a bit, just to make sure you didn't miss anything obvious.

This advice works for people that enjoy crawling through a new level learning its ins and outs and checking all collected intel. If you're not into that, leave them on Minimal.

That's good advice imo.

Also you don't have to be a series veteran to realize that you discover assassination methods/opportunities by thoroughly exploring the level and eavesdropping on NPCs. Anecdotal obviously, but I was a new player to this game and the whole series a couple months ago and got along fine with opportunities off.

Murkas

I keep missing the "not seen" bonus for SA, I thought if you switch costumes it'd negate it.

It doesn't, it removes the suspicion on you yes but you were still caught doing something naughty.

If you get the suspicious notice, found trespassing, caught on CCTV and didn't delete the footage then that's no SA.

This is the same order I did except after going from minimal to turning them off during my first run in Paris I kept them off. I still did things that I'm sure are listed as opportunities but I had to figure them out myself by listening and paying attention along with some trial-and-error.

I would also suggest changing the target mini-map icon to just a standard NPC icon. I really like that I never knew for sure where the target was and would have to find them and then follow them as necessary. It lead to me subduing a target that I found alone in a room without even realizing that it was the target until I attempted to put them in a closet while knocked out. It did lead to a "boring" kill as at that point I just shot him in the head and hid him and couldn't do a crazier kill but I still enjoyed the unknown aspect of stumbling into targets.

I just played through and beat this last week. Fantastic game and now I'll actually keep up with the content for Season Two whenever that hits.

PKrockin

Did they ever fix this game's always online DRM? I want to play this but due to my job I have no internet outside my mobile data plan half the time.

edit: guess not.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It doesn't, it removes the suspicion on you yes but you were still caught doing something naughty.

If you get the suspicious notice, found trespassing, caught on CCTV and didn't delete the footage then that's no SA.

all right thanks, looks like I have to redo a lot of the missions lol

Usually is the first two that's getting me, I usually shoot cctvs

Big Brett

Question, if I'm interested in doing all the challenges for a particular location, do I need to complete the mission in order to get the challenges done, or can I just jump in, assassinate one target how they want me to, then bounce out?

Top Bottom