• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I still haven't played more than 20mins, and I have absolutely no idea how to play this game. What I've been doing in my very short time playing has been walking around,knocked out one guy and disguised as him. I think I should check YT to get an idea, heh.

What's actually going on here?

It's the usual trick where a remote duck explosion is chained into a fire extinguisher explosion to kill the target with an accidental explosion. The fire extinguisher just has to be closer to the target than the duck, and you don't want to catch anyone else in the explosions.

Here both items were set up in their correct positions blindly by bouncing them off a wall up to the balcony above.

I still haven't played more than 20mins, and I have absolutely no idea how to play this game. What I've been doing in my very short time playing has been walking around,knocked out one guy and disguised as him. I think I should check YT to get an idea, heh.

Did you do the prologue mission on the boat that the game walks you through? I'd say it works at giving a good, but broad, idea of how the game plays.

MUnited83

For you.
and they still can, it just shouldnt count as an accident
Then this approach wouldn't be used in the first place. So much for creativity. I don't think actively blocking options actually promotes creativity. And you can bet that most people will not be creative with this new elusive target. He will probably just walk under the haystack or something like that. The issue of a "easy and cheesy" will still be there. And that's ok.
What's actually going on here?
It's the usual combo of a fire extinguisher+duck to make it now up, but combined with a insanely well placed throw.

xrnzaaas

I've finally got all the trophies in Hitman, feels good. :) The Hokkaido escalation wasn't as tough as the Colorado one, but I still felt like the game kept throwing tons of new obstacles at me with every new level. :D

KingKong

Then this approach wouldn't be used in the first place. So much for creativity. I don't think actively blocking options actually promotes creativity. And you can bet that most people will not be creative with this new elusive target. He will probably just walk under the haystack or something like that. The issue of a "easy and cheesy" will still be there. And that's ok.

It's the usual combo of a fire extinguisher+duck to make it now up, but combined with a insanely well placed throw.

But why does it matter to you that you get SA from it? Surely creativity is its own reward

MUnited83

For you.
But why does it matter to you that you get SA from it? Surely creativity is its own reward
There are actual in-game unlocks that rely on getting SA on ETs, so...

Dunno man, just seems you guys are arguing for pointlessly limiting stuff and actually making the game less fun, less of a sandbox, with less possibilities. It's why I am against the fact they nerfed pistol distractions to oblivion, making NPCs functionally deaf, both to pistol distractions, and to yourself running, which is a bit ridiculous in a stealth game. The head turning mechanic is also a bit of a mess at the moment, it needs to be fine tuned.

shiyrley

Banned
A question: I bough the game and then the Full Experience Upgrade (for Steam). Do I have all the content including the bonus episodes?

I mean I dunno about you but personally I marvel at the shit people have figured out across the series that will net them SA ranks. You could just do whatever, but working on a hit without trying to do things as silently (or rather, as unsuspiciously) as possible seems a little unsporting. The creativity from the competitive folks comes from figuring out the boundaries of what still counts as SA and flexing those boundaries. An example from Hitman: Contracts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aBETNxyhtM

KingKong

To me it goes against the spirit of SA which is why I dont like it. Again, Im fine with everything in that video except the accident part. If that limits a few people from getting creative SAs with fire extinguishers I think its worth it for fixing the exploit

MUnited83

For you.
To me it goes against the spirit of SA which is why I dont like it. Again, Im fine with everything in that video except the accident part. If that limits a few people from getting creative SAs with fire extinguishers I think its worth it for fixing the exploit
But there is easier ways that are still considered legit. Why? Using a coin to distract the food critic and push him off the balcony is miles easier than the fire extinguisher video I posted.

Hell, I can't even blame people who used Fe with the food critic. It was a boring, overly rigid Elusive Target, that literally spent the first 7 minutes completely immobile. All the fast ways of dealing with him are equally cheesy, either it being the push over the balcony, the syringe poison or the fire extinguisher.

Bought this during the X1 Holiday Countdown sale, and though I've only done the Prologue Missions, I'm already hooked and kicking myself for not playing this from the beginning/having the chance to play the Eluvise Targets from the beginning.

For anyone playing on a Pro, do you play with the FPS locked or unlocked? Playing with it unlocked is the first game I've encountered that makes the Pro's fans kick up a notch...I know that means they're doing their job, but still...

I get that fire extinguishers can be used creatively but at the same time there is something truly absurd about running up to a target, dropping a fire extinguisher at his feet in full view of others, then stepping away and tossing an explosive and blowing it up and everyone around thinks that it was an accident.

How are the bonus missions? Are they much different than doing elusive targets and escalations? I just assumed they were largely the same as those so I haven't done any of them after going through the story.

I do need to get back to the game now that I've finished the story so I can check out the escalations. I haven't tried any of them yet but I got interested after seeing someone comment about how it's great that they take you out of your comfort zone (like I never did explosive kills my whole way through the story).

How are the bonus missions? Are they much different than doing elusive targets and escalations? I just assumed they were largely the same as those so I haven't done any of them after going through the story.

I do need to get back to the game now that I've finished the story so I can check out the escalations. I haven't tried any of them yet but I got interested after seeing someone comment about how it's great that they take you out of your comfort zone (like I never did explosive kills my whole way through the story).

The Sapienza and Marrakesh bonus missions are completely rearranged versions of those levels. Both close off the main areas from the story mission and re-focus you on previously underused areas. Everything is completely different and there are new opportunities, NPCs, and kill methods.

The holiday bonus mission is more like an elusive target in that it is just the standard Paris level, but with two targets, a lot of items, and visual decorations added. The mission is very easy, but the real challenge is unlocking the Santa suit.

xrnzaaas

Yeah the bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh were cool. I completed them right after finishing the storyline missions in the same locations and didn't feel bored or cheated. They both add a lot of new elements and use parts of the map that weren't so crucial in the main contracts.

MUnited83

For you.
Wow, I had no idea you could expose a wire on a surge protector just by shooting it. I thought a screwdriver was required.
You can also shoot the sink to make it flood too.

You can also destroy cameras without using a gun by throwing a heavy object at them.

TMC

Really looking forward to buying the physical version of this later this month. Does anyone know how the elusive targets work with the physical edition? Are they still a thing for physical edition copies?

Really looking forward to buying the physical version if this later this month. Does anyone know how the elusive targets work with the physical edition? Are they still a thing for physical edition copies?

You will get to start with elusive target #19, which will most likely launch on the Friday before the physical edition. You will get to play every elusive target from #19 onward.

Right now we're all talking about #18, which launches tomorrow. It will have ended before the physical edition releases.

TMC

You will get to start with elusive target #19, which will most likely launch on the Friday before the physical edition. You will get to play every elusive target from #19 onward.

Right now we're all talking about #18, which launches tomorrow. It will have ended before the physical edition releases.

That's a bummer that I miss out on the previous ones. I was hoping they would still include them in the game to play and earn the rewards. How many elusive targets remain for season one?

Aw shucks. I reaaaally didn't want to use a guide for these challenges, but after beating my head trying to solve the Kraken challenge I gave up.

Maybe there is some deep Hitman lore from previous sequels, or another piece of fiction, that would help in figuring it out, but I gave up and looked online. I would have never got it, never.

That's a bummer that I miss out on the previous ones. I was hoping they would still include them in the game to play and earn the rewards. How many elusive targets remain for season one?

They have never confirmed how many they would do, but getting all the rewards require doing a minimum of 13 elusive targets. I assume they would give the physical buyers at least that many.

Aw shucks. I reaaaally didn't want to use a guide for these challenges, but after beating my head trying to solve the Kraken challenge I gave up.

Seriously, most of the later [REDACTED] challenges (aside from assassination challenges) are not worth figuring out on your own.

They are basically all easter eggs, and Hitman has a history of making those as obscure and convoluted as possible.

It's still worth doing them, because usually something ridiculous will happen. Just do them with a guide.

TMC

They have never confirmed how many they would do, but getting all the rewards require doing a minimum of 13 elusive targets. I assume they would give the physical buyers at least that many.

Seriously, most of the later [REDACTED] challenges (aside from assassination challenges) are not worth figuring out on your own.

They are basically all easter eggs, and Hitman has a history of making those as obscure and convoluted as possible.

It's still worth doing them, because usually something ridiculous will happen. Just do them with a guide.

Thanks. Hopefully it includes the prior ones to play through.

xrnzaaas

Wow, I had no idea you could expose a wire on a surge protector just by shooting it. I thought a screwdriver was required.
You can also shoot the sink to make it flood too. You can also destroy cameras without using a gun by throwing a heavy object at them.
To add to this, you can also destroy security camera evidence by shooting the recording device.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I'll remember that for season 2. :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah the cams being destroyed through objects is preferrable because you don't expose your weapon.

Oh, a couple of questions.

In Hokkaido, if I miss out on Portman, do I screw up getting a surgeon outfit without using the chief surgeon?

How do you "end" marking targets in a custom contract? Like I only need 2.

Yeah the cams being destroyed through objects is preferrable because you don't expose your weapon.

Oh, a couple of questions.

In Hokkaido, if I miss out on Portman, do I screw up getting a surgeon outfit without using the chief surgeon?

How do you "end" marking targets in a custom contract? Like I only need 2.

Yes, that is really your only good chance to get a regular surgeon outfit. Until you're able to start as a surgeon, that is.

You never need to "end" marking targets - the game just lets you change your mind at any time. But just kill all the targets you mark, and then you can exit.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes, that is really your only good chance to get a regular surgeon outfit. Until you're able to start as a surgeon, that is.

You never need to "end" marking targets - the game just lets you change your mind at any time. But just kill all the targets you mark, and then you can exit.
I feel like they should have made that woman that constantly enters the Soders room and then enters the little room with the Stem cells a male NPC instead so we could easily steal a surgeon costume.

MaKTaiL

Elusive Targets will never stop coming. Season 2 will use the same launcher we have right now and the devs promised to release Elusives for old Season 1 maps too even after the start of Season 2. So don't worry.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Ah thanks, trying a custom target in Sapienza for that "snipe two in one" Challenge.

And rats, looks like I have to restart this mission. Been doing Silent Assassin on all missions for now while doing challenges/kills I haven't done.

Also, what is the most ample way to grab the director's suit? So far the one I've seen is putting rat poison on the treat, and even then that requires me grabbing a crow bar to unlock the poisons in my bathroom.

Stall19

Ah thanks, trying a custom target in Sapienza for that "snipe two in one" Challenge.

And rats, looks like I have to restart this mission. Been doing Silent Assassin on all missions for now while doing challenges/kills I haven't done.

Also, what is the most ample way to grab the director's suit? So far the one I've seen is putting rat poison on the treat, and even then that requires me grabbing a crow bar to unlock the poisons in my bathroom.

I don't know another way better than poisoning him. Though I use the rat poison in the kitchen though.

Speaking of Hokkaido, that has to be the easiest Suit Only SA in the game. I pretty much did it accidentally when I was trying to figure out how the "revealing yourself as Agent 47" assassination worked.

PnCIa

I bought the complete "first season" on the last Steam sale.

So far, this plays like Hitman.
What bums me out is that there is no real map like in past games though.

BigAT

It actually seems that it's hilariously easy, which makes the whole talk about "forcing people to get creative" kinda funny :p

Easy for you doesn't necessarily mean easy for us mere mortals!

So does this need to be an accidental kill or does it just have to be non-explosive?

MUnited83

For you.
Easy for you doesn't necessarily mean easy for us mere mortals!

So does this need to be an accidental kill or does it just have to be non-explosive?
Oh no, this is literally the easiest elusive target that has ever been released. There is absolutely zero skill or creativity needed at all :p

the route of the target includes him being at the balcony alone for a long long long time where you can just go there and push him

Also yeah, accidents only for this target.

Top Bottom