• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
Game update? Are we getting a new bonus mission, perhaps something based around Valentines Day?

Probably fixes. They've been doing game updates for a few months now, since Hokkaido released in October.

I assume these will continue until Season Two launches.

Szadek

Got SA SO in Marrakesh. Getting the keycard was messy, but other than that it wasn't too bad.

I also did a bit of Bangkok. Getting Sniper Assasin was such a pain
No idea how I'm supposed to get SA SO in this level, I haven't played it that much, though.

I also did a bit of Bangkok. Getting Sniper Assasin was such a pain
No idea how I'm supposed to get SA SO in this level, I haven't played it that much, though.

Bangkok is the hardest SASO in the game, period. You have to get into the recording studio without a disguise.

You will be crouching and climbing and vaulting a lot, basically.

I think I'm going to try my hand at my SASO run on Colorado (normal) tonight - the only one I have left and I've been putting it off for awhile now. Any tips?

I think I'm going to try my hand at my SASO run on Colorado (normal) tonight - the only one I have left and I've been putting it off for awhile now. Any tips?

Start at the default starting location - you can take a counterclockwise path unseen around the whole compound and get everyone with accidents along the way.

Observe the environment closely, and there will be a safe path that bypasses all the guards' vision. The trickiest part is
climbing up the woodpile to get upstairs in the house while the soldiers in the backyard are doing pushups.

Szadek

Bangkok is the hardest SASO in the game, period. You have to get into the recording studio without a disguise.

Done.
It wasn't too bad, but some of the parts were pretty annoying.
Shooting all the cameras helped a lot.

Hilarious enough, I poisoned the wrong food for the first target, so I had to improvise.

GonzoCR

I
smothered him with the cake
, don't recommend it. Had to knock out a guy surrounded by an army of recording crew and then knock out two more guys to not be seen tampering with it. Getting inside the recording studio was actually easier and what I did on Professional. Just gotta time it right.

b0bbyJ03

Just bought this game and I'm playing it for the first time. I'm currently playing the Showstopper mission and I just killed
Dalia Margolis
but now I have no idea what to do. There are no waypoints or icons to direct me and I can't figure out what to do to complete my other objective
eliminate Viktor Novikov
. Have been running around aimlessly for about 20 minutes. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, any tips in general would also be welcome. Thanks.

Majora

Are you using Instinct (R1) to identify your targets (they appear in red)? Viktor's pretty easy to take out compared to the other target. Follow him around, look at what he interacts with and where he goes, look at what is in the environment around his route.

It sounds like you need to get into the mindset of the game a bit more, which is that when you first start a level you're going to be spending probably a couple of hours exploring everywhere, listening to conversations and trying to piece together all the different ways to take the targets out. It's not a game for the impatient.

Wonder if they still plan to make these outfits unlockable, as well as level-specific outfits without gloves/stupid hats.
latest

Just bought this game and I'm playing it for the first time. I'm currently playing the Showstopper mission and I just killed
Dalia Margolis
but now I have no idea what to do. There are no waypoints or icons to direct me and I can't figure out what to do to complete my other objective
eliminate Viktor Novikov
. Have been running around aimlessly for about 20 minutes. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, any tips in general would also be welcome. Thanks.

To get waypoints, make sure Opportunities are turned on in the options menu. Then go to the Opportunities list in the select/back/F1 screen, choose one of the remaining opportunities for Viktor, and press the Track button. You will now get waypoints for every step of the opportunity.

All opportunities work in a handful of ways: you get to meet a target in private with no witnesses, you get a target to go to a place alone where there are no witnesses, you set up a target to eat or drink poison, you set up a target to get caught in a lethal accident. Basically the game boils down to using accidental kills or poison kills if the target is not alone, or getting the target alone and then using any kill you want.

Cartho

Just picked up the intros pack. Holy god this is good. Like, ridiculously so. Done the tutorials and Paris twice now, poisoned and garrotted Dhalia while dressed as the super model, and have poisoned Viktor / drowned him in a toilet and also garrotted him in the same toilet. I feel like there's quite a few ways to get to Viktor, but Dhalia seems trickier. I've got a hunch I can get into the auction and do some fun stuff there but not figured it out yet.

I almost managed to get Viktor with an electrified puddle in the floor but he stepped just to the side of it on his normal route so I guess I need to use a throwable to distract him to make him walk over it or something.

Absolutely stellar game. Gonna hammer Paris until I've bled it dry before I get Sapienza. The best James Bond game ever made.

eshwaaz

Just started the game - seems amazing, but I'm overwhelmed by the wealth of options available in the first full mission. Do you guys recommend completing each mission and moving on to the next before going back for replays/experimentation/challenges after beating the game, or replay each mission immediately and try to experience as much as possible as I go?

b0bbyJ03

Are you using Instinct (R1) to identify your targets (they appear in red)? Viktor's pretty easy to take out compared to the other target. Follow him around, look at what he interacts with and where he goes, look at what is in the environment around his route.

It sounds like you need to get into the mindset of the game a bit more, which is that when you first start a level you're going to be spending probably a couple of hours exploring everywhere, listening to conversations and trying to piece together all the different ways to take the targets out. It's not a game for the impatient.

To get waypoints, make sure Opportunities are turned on in the options menu. Then go to the Opportunities list in the select/back/F1 screen, choose one of the remaining opportunities for Viktor, and press the Track button. You will now get waypoints for every step of the opportunity.

All opportunities work in a handful of ways: you get to meet a target in private with no witnesses, you get a target to go to a place alone where there are no witnesses, you set up a target to eat or drink poison, you set up a target to get caught in a lethal accident. Basically the game boils down to using accidental kills or poison kills if the target is not alone, or getting the target alone and then using any kill you want.

Thanks for the responses. I realized that I had to select opportunities in order to get the waypoints. Also, the idea of exploring the map for such a long time was something that I was not aware of. I'll keep this in mind for my next session. Thanks guys.

Trouble

Banned
Just started the game - seems amazing, but I'm overwhelmed by the wealth of options available in the first full mission. Do you guys recommend completing each mission and moving on to the next before going back for replays/experimentation/challenges after beating the game, or replay each mission immediately and try to experience as much as possible as I go?

I blasted through story mode first, then I went back started doing opportunities to really get acquainted with the levels and start working on unlocking stuff via mastery. Really it's up to you though.

Karppuuna

I would like to try professional difficulty but you need to be master level 20. How many times i have to play the same mission to get 20?

Trouble

Banned
I would like to try professional difficulty but you need to be master level 20. How many times i have to play the same mission to get 20?

You don't have to finish the mission to get mastery xp, so you can reload saves and do different opportunities and challenges. I think I averaged 4-5 playthroughs per level to get to 20 by doing that.

You do have to finish the mission in professional mode, however. So that strategy only works in normal mode.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Just picked up the intros pack. Holy god this is good. Like, ridiculously so. Done the tutorials and Paris twice now, poisoned and garrotted Dhalia while dressed as the super model, and have poisoned Viktor / drowned him in a toilet and also garrotted him in the same toilet. I feel like there's quite a few ways to get to Viktor, but Dhalia seems trickier. I've got a hunch I can get into the auction and do some fun stuff there but not figured it out yet.

I almost managed to get Viktor with an electrified puddle in the floor but he stepped just to the side of it on his normal route so I guess I need to use a throwable to distract him to make him walk over it or something.

Absolutely stellar game. Gonna hammer Paris until I've bled it dry before I get Sapienza. The best James Bond game ever made.
You're in for a treat, Sapienza's level design is amazing.

The fact that Napoleon Blownapart and Big One don't raise suspicion even when thrown/placed is hilarious/broken you can place it right on soders and detonate it in front of everyone; or throw the big one into the puddle of oil in colorado for the accident kill.

The fact that Napoleon Blownapart and Big One don't raise suspicion even when thrown/placed is hilarious/broken you can place it right on soders and detonate it in front of everyone; or throw the big one into the puddle of oil in colorado for the accident kill.

Well, with Soders you can shoot him or blow him up with literally anything and it still won't count as a noticed kill or a body found.

The Big One is legal to carry on normal? I should have tried that - it's outright illegal on professional.

Well, with Soders you can shoot him or blow him up with literally anything and it still won't count as a noticed kill or a body found.

The Big One is legal to carry on normal? I should have tried that - it's outright illegal on professional.

Yeah on normal you can carry it and throw it without arousing suspicion.

Did my Colorado poison-only run on professional, in 8 minutes - my best time so far. Somehow I got all the targets on their normal route with no distractions and my loadout filled with 3x lethal poison, and using only the hacker disguise.

I consider this also my lethal syringe warmup run in case that turns out to be possible for elusive #20 tomorrow.

Did a couple more professional SA/SO runs. Bangkok was fairly straightforward. The hard part is getting up to the studio without getting spotted and there are lots of people to sneak past. Some interesting changes in the map which I think the developers want players to discover by themselves so I won't mention them here.

Colorado was an absolute nightmare to do. I actually had to check Youtube to find a way into the house, but as a bonus the video also showed a very easy way to dispatch Sean and Penelope (pulling them into the basement with the audio distraction device). But this came after banging my head against a wall to figure out how to get to them. Yeah, it's kind of cheating but I want my Ave Maria sniper rifle so no regrets :p

EDIT - And it looks like the ET is live. 246MB update on Steam.

Lima

This elusive is actually hard. Well killing her is easy but retrieving the USB stick is not.

you have to go to the other side of the hotel to find the safe in the security room and it's guarded as hell lol

Top Bottom