• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Bah, just barely blew the SA on that Elusive trying to find the safe. Not terribly difficult otherwise.

You can blow up a fire extinguisher outside the security room to clear it by the way

Krakn3Dfx

The elusive target is currently unplayable on PC due to the servers being unreachable.

IO says that it's a Steam problem of some kind.

1872538_0.jpg

Dammit, working from home today, thought I'd hop in to check it out, hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Fucked up SA on the ET. Did everything perfectly until I was making my way to the exit and then got spotted and that was that. Luckily I don't need SA anymore to unlock suits.

SA/SO in Paris on pro difficulty ended up being surprisingly easy (after multiple bouts of trial and error with a different approach).
Started on the red carpet, went to the basement (shooting out cameras on the way), waited for the guard to enter the room, then shot the evidence from the doorway, went back upstairs, turned on the vacuum to distract the exhibit guard, made my way to the drainpipe right outside, climbed into the right-hand window, knocked out the guard in the large room to the left, used a coin to lure the technician with the fireworks remote, knocked him out and took it, then used the ladder on the saferoom's balcony to climb up to the top floor, snuck out of the attic, then used the fireworks remote to set up the opportunity to shove Dalia onto Viktor.

Parsnip

Does anyone else have an issue on PC in Hitman vision, where the normally goldenish interact highlights are now completely white? All trashbins, fire extinguishers etc, everything.
Figured it out, it was a hud toggle mod I was using for screenshotting.

Messed up SA on the elusive, stupid mistake too. Was getting a guard uni when I was on my way to the safe and just got sloppy and the guard himself saw me. Oh well.

This elusive is actually hard. Well killing her is easy but retrieving the USB stick is not.

you have to go to the other side of the hotel to find the safe in the security room and it's guarded as hell lol
Firealarm is your friend.

That was intense, but I got the elusive this time.

Climbed up from the suite then disguised as soldier. Killed Nne Obara with her own machete. Then went to the security room (after an hour of wandering because I haven't played this map much) and poisoned the air intake, which made all the guards leave. Then it was a simple case of hammer meet face to the military guy and phat lewts!

I have a quick question now that I'm trying to think about how to go about getting the files and then moving on to the target, do people freak out when breach charges go off? I might have used them once or twice the whole time I've spent with this game and they were in isolated areas.

I have a quick question now that I'm trying to think about how to go about getting the files and then moving on to the target, do people freak out when breach charges go off? I might have used them once or twice the whole time I've spent with this game and they were in isolated areas.

Only people very close by will freak out if they actually see the explosion. People who just hear it will just investigate the noise. And all of that only matters within a small radius, because it's so quiet.

Seriously, breaching charges have the most uses out of any item in the game. I would take them on every mission unless I absolutely have to bring three other items.

Trouble

Banned
YAAAS SA on the warlord.

I was halfway to the exit before I realized I hadn't wiped the video evidence.

Tip on getting the second objective:
Using a breaching charge to open the safe will alert the soldiers, but they won't get suspicious. Picking up the USB stick doesn't alert them at all if you are in a guard uniform.

Akai__

Getting all the achievements in this game was pretty fun. Enjoyed the unique kills and Escalation ones the most.

Hopefully Season 2 and 3 also have nice achievements.

That was definitely the best Elusive Target I've played so far (5 total).

I got 4/5 rating, like an idiot I just opened the safe in front of the guards and took the USB lol. I barely played Thailand as it's the only level I didn't like upon replays, so it took me almost an hour to beat it.

Foffy

Banned
Are there any special fail conditions for the ET. I would assume one of them could be not harming Richard Ekwensi, seeing as he was Bangkok's first ET, and if there's a chronology, this takes place before that one.

Well, I blew the warlord ET because it glitched on me. I killed the target alone in a bedroom on the top floor, then every NPC in the building went suspicious and turned into a white dot on the map.

Lima

You can also just use a lockpick.

Which raises suspicion no matter what uniform you wear. If you use the breaching charge with the security outfit the soldiers will just let you walk up to the safe, place and blow the charge without getting suspicious at all. Then just grab the stick and get the hell outta there.

That was my sloppiest ET yet. Accidentally grabbed a letter opener in a full room, which is considered a dangerous weapon, and had to dispose of a few guards. Then I spent five minutes looking for
a fire alarm to clear the safe room.

Nictel

Which raises suspicion no matter what uniform you wear. If you use the breaching charge with the security outfit the soldiers will just let you walk up to the safe, place and blow the charge without getting suspicious at all. Then just grab the stick and get the hell outta there.
Good to know that small explosives are not suspicious but fiddling too long with a lock is.

Good to know that small explosives are not suspicious but fiddling too long with a lock is.

Small explosives are suspicious on professional difficulty, of course.

Not to mention screwdrivers, wrenches, crowbars, hammers, fire extinguishers, propane tanks, scissors, busts...

Lakitu

st5fu
I failed the Elusive Target (my first), How the hell are you supposed to get to the safe? There's 2 militia men guarding and 3 security officers. I panicked and threw a wrench at one of the militia guards and they all started shooting at me.

I failed the Elusive Target (my first), How the hell are you supposed to get to the safe? There's 2 militia men guarding and 3 security officers. I panicked and threw a wrench at one of the militia guards and they all started shooting at me.

With the security disguise, there's only one enforcer in that room. I'm not sure if using the key to open the safe is a suspicious action, but you can use breaching charges to open it and picking up the USB drive isn't suspicious at all.

With the security disguise, there's only one enforcer in that room. I'm not sure if using the key to open the safe is a suspicious action, but you can use breaching charges to open it and picking up the USB drive isn't suspicious at all.

Using a key has never been a suspicious action in the game. In this case the tradeoff is just that you have to commit to killing the target first to get the key and locking in your run.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Botched getting the key for the USB case beyond the point of no return, so I pretty much went John Wick on the control room. Went swimmingly but oh well 0 star rating. Whaddyagonnado

Demoskinos

SA/SO in Paris on pro difficulty ended up being surprisingly easy (after multiple bouts of trial and error with a different approach).
Started on the red carpet, went to the basement (shooting out cameras on the way), waited for the guard to enter the room, then shot the evidence from the doorway, went back upstairs, turned on the vacuum to distract the exhibit guard, made my way to the drainpipe right outside, climbed into the right-hand window, knocked out the guard in the large room to the left, used a coin to lure the technician with the fireworks remote, knocked him out and took it, then used the ladder on the saferoom's balcony to climb up to the top floor, snuck out of the attic, then used the fireworks remote to set up the opportunity to shove Dalia onto Viktor.

Had a different approach to get in position but yup
the balcony pushing opportunity is by far the easiest and most efficient way to finish that off.

I can say with absolute certainty that I am the worst hitman of all time

That Elusive Target went fucking sideways sooooo bad cause I phone bombed her but had no idea where the intel was

Weebos

Banned
I failed because I got greedy and forgot snapping someone's neck makes noise. Should have just used the screwdriver if I was going to be as bold as I was.

Eleuin

I failed because I got greedy and forgot snapping someone's neck makes noise. Should have just used the screwdriver if I was going to be as bold as I was.

pretty sure it doesn't? the guards come check on her after like 10 seconds no matter which way you kill her (or even knock her out)

GonzoCR

pretty sure it doesn't? the guards come check on her after like 10 seconds no matter which way you kill her (or even knock her out)

I think it does, but you're right, the guards come either way. I killed her with the syringe and got body found a few seconds later.

About opening the safe:
Glad I checked to see if using the key on the safe was suspicious, because it is. Checked with the hotel security and militia soldier disguises, and the key had a warning both times.

Got SA after almost an hour. Need one more for the winter suit, and the next one is on Hokkaido ...

Finished the last professional SA/SO on Hokkaido. I actually thought it would be straightforward because this is one of the easiest SA/SO missions in the normal game but it ended up being my longest run by quite some margin. They've absolutely stuffed the heart room with guards that you need to deal with. By the end of the run I had subdued over a dozen people. I'd really love to see someone pull off an SA/SO/No KO run on this level.

EDIT - GuLe did it with basically one KO (which wouldn't have been required if he had a gun to start with). How come shooting Soders in the head with a loud weapon still gives him an SA rating?

Top Bottom