• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Vuze

The Novikov light rig accident is horribly scripted... I'm already sitting there for 10mins+ waiting for him to enter the stage but all he does is go in circles over and over. Apparently it's rather random when the show ends...
E: Finally :p

Moff

The Novikov light rig accident is horribly scripted... I'm already sitting there for 10mins+ waiting for him to enter the stage but all he does is go in circles over and over. Apparently it's rather random when the show ends...
E: Finally :p

usually the targets approach the trap as soon as you laid it for them, was like that for me as well as soon as I rigger the lights

MUnited83

For you.
I'm guessing you need to activate the puddle electric target just in time when the target walks on it, or can you just wait and he will step on it regardless?

MUnited83

For you.
That won't work since you get frisked at the stairs.

Edit: I have to wonder what the point of picking the syringe over the fiber wire is if you can't use it to poison things.
Lol, yap, I read "sneak upstairs" instead of "sneak a gun upstairs" my bad :p. In which case yeah , climbing the pipes is the way to GP.

What's this Code 17 contract that people are talking about?
It is
an evacuation plan. Go into the basement, find the room with the guards and camera screens, there is a note there with the evacuation plan. Read it. Then grab Victor's bodyguard. He now drops a phone. You use it to call in Code 17 and both Victor and Dalia flee to the saferoom in the building.

NeoGiff

It is
an evacuation plan. Go into the basement, find the room with the guards and camera screens, there is a note there with the evacuation plan. Read it. Then grab Victor's bodyguard. He now drops a phone. You use it to call in Code 17 and both Victor and Dalia flee to the saferoom in the building.

Ah I see, thanks. I had done both of those steps individually on different playthroughs, so I never got the connection (
as Kurt didn't drop the phone
).

Jintor

It's dumb that
he doesn't drop the phone if you don't read the plan. He should drop the phone but you can't use it.

Kaz42

It is

What an oddly specific series of steps you have to go though to get that to trigger. Thx for the info

It's dumb that
he doesn't drop the phone if you don't read the plan. He should drop the phone but you can't use it.

Completely agree

Jintor

Oh, every time I get into the auction, Diana goes "That could be useful". But I have no idea what she's reacting to. Any ideas?

Kaz42

She does that whenever I sneak around the attic and there's usually nothing around. Whenever there is something around it's a hammer or a screwdriver so it's probably just a glitch.

EvB

Whats the best way to sneak a gun upstairs to kill Dalia as Mr Reaper?

I guess climb up a pipe and into the party?

Either climb up a pile in your regular suit/tuxedo or there are a couple of invitations to the IAGO auction on the ground floor.
There is a conversation between 2 women about confronting the male target, one gives the other an invitation, you can follow her to the ladies toilet and take it from her, otherwise walk into the male toilets and one is just sitting on the sink!

Kaz42

Are there any other explosives besides the proximity explosive? I hate that thing and am missing my explosive duck :(

She's reacting to the light rig maybe?

Hard to say. she seems to do it at different areas regardless of whether I'm near the light rig or not.

Jintor

Whelp great, Hitman.exe carked it completely twice... once on loading and once when I'd just managed to poison Dalia as Kruger. ugh.

Either climb up a pile in your regular suit/tuxedo or there are a couple of invitations to the IAGO auction on the ground floor.
There is a conversation between 2 women about confronting the male target, one gives the other an invitation, you can follow her to the ladies toilet and take it from her, otherwise walk into the male toilets and one is just sitting on the sink!
There's also scaffolding you can climb at the front of the building (a lot of guards to get past that way though); alternatively if you're dressed as the sheikh you won't be frisked. I'm not sure how it goes in terms of those reaper challenge requirements, but you could:

go with your tuxedo and IAGO invitation up to the level where you're about to get frisked,
drop your silenced pistol in a bin,
go through the frisk,
meet Dalia as reaper,
get the sheikhs clothes,
go back and get your pistol from the bin,
get changed back into your tux at the top,
shoot Dalia with the silenced pistol.

I might try that process next :)

Well, instead of continuing to complain about the horrible, shit, completely stupid online system, I will say that I really love that they've packed in a ton of ambient dialogue like they did in absolution. It adds a huge amount of character to the world. I thought it was also cool that Dalia will notice if a guard is missing from their post and make a comment.

Is there a compendium somewhere of all of the story stuff? I haven't seen everything yet (Mastery level 12), but I'm finding the story elements that you pick up through eavesdropping to be fascinating.

There's also scaffolding you can climb at the front of the building (a lot of guards to get past that way though); alternatively if you're dressed as the sheikh you won't be frisked. I'm not sure how it goes in terms of those reaper challenge requirements, but you could:

go with your tuxedo and IAGO invitation up to the level where you're about to get frisked,
drop your silenced pistol in a bin,
go through the frisk,
meet Dalia as reaper,
get the sheikhs clothes,
go back and get your pistol from the bin,
get changed back into your tux at the top,
shoot Dalia with the silenced pistol.

I might try that process next :)

My go-to strat has been to
pick up the IAGO invite, get frisked at the side entrance on the ground floor, then go out the doors facing the helicopter. you're trespassing here, but if you stay close to the building and head left you can go straight to a pipe and no one will see you. take that all the way up and head left a little bit and you can vault up onto the balcony right behind the auction, the only person there is a bodyguard on the other end of the balcony who won't even notice you.

Well, instead of continuing to complain about the horrible, shit, completely stupid online system, I will say that I really love that they've packed in a ton of ambient dialogue like they did in absolution. It adds a huge amount of character to the world. I thought it was also cool that Dalia will notice if a guard is missing from their post and make a comment.

So sloppy. :D

j-wood

Is this game super taxing or something? I have a 970, but the Geforce experience is putting some shit on low and medium. WTF?

Jintor

Man I swear to god I got silent assassin before but now it's not marked off... and I'm pretty sure I got master assassin at the end of that run but then it didn't get marked off the post-roster... man, I dunno.

Still, good run. Kruger'd Dalia
I basically jumped off the balcony the moment the wine hit her lips
, then
dropped a speaker on Victor. Turns out there's a scripted interview if you wander near the speakers

My go-to strat has been to
pick up the IAGO invite, get frisked at the side entrance on the ground floor, then go out the doors facing the helicopter. you're trespassing here, but if you stay close to the building and head left you can go straight to a pipe and no one will see you. take that all the way up and head left a little bit and you can vault up onto the balcony right behind the auction, the only person there is a bodyguard on the other end of the balcony who won't even notice you.
That was my bad, I should have quoted thenexus6's original post as well, not just EvB's reply. Thenexus6 already knew about the pipes, we were just suggesting additional approaches:

Whats the best way to sneak a gun upstairs to kill Dalia as Mr Reaper?

I guess climb up a pipe and into the party?

Jintor

Oh is there a way to get a gun carried upstairs? Some of the stuff in Blood Money like hiding guns in food or in luggage to get moved around (or even just tossing a gun over a fence so a guard brings it somewhere) was really interesting.

mxgt

Banned
Is this game super taxing or something? I have a 970, but the Geforce experience is putting some shit on low and medium. WTF?

Yeah it runs like absolute shit. I play at 3440x1440 and have to turn almost everything down to get a rock solid 60fps on a fucking 980ti.

It's annoying, because the gameplay is so fun.

The official Hitman YouTube channel just put up this video on storytelling (part 1). They say all the right things from my perspective (very encouraging), and talk about multiple seasons as well, which was news to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OivlMUTFA

Oh is there a way to get a gun carried upstairs? Some of the stuff in Blood Money like hiding guns in food or in luggage to get moved around (or even just tossing a gun over a fence so a guard brings it somewhere) was really interesting.
Guards will just take any found weapons to the nearest "case" (those big open pelican-style cases) I think. I mostly use it as a distraction, but maybe there are some areas where weapons might be carried past a checkpoint. Good idea Jintor :)

Jintor

The White House level specifically had a good idea about bypassing the metal detector by chucking your case of guns over the fence, stepping through the metal detector normally, then mugging a security guard and wandering into the saferoom to retrieve your gear.

By the by, I'm kind of torn on triggering events. On one hand it's good knowing you're not going to be perched on top of a gargoyle wasting your time or whatever for 20 minuts while Victor wanders off and does his own thing. On the other hand... it's making things awfully convenient and kinda means I don't need to do nearly as much improv as I feel like I had to back in the day. Of course, I was also a lot shittier at lateral thinking back then.

MUnited83

For you.
How do I get Dallia to meet with me disguised as Krüger exactly?
The White House level specifically had a good idea about bypassing the metal detector by chucking your case of guns over the fence, stepping through the metal detector normally, then mugging a security guard and wandering into the saferoom to retrieve your gear.
Well, technically you were supposed to put your weapons on one of the women's case so she gets arrested when going through the detector and they bring your guns to the security room :p

kai3345

Banned
I don't think he ever does

He definitely does
because I was disguised as the Shiek and walked in on their meeting. She gives Kreuger the contract, and says that if it goes south he needs to kill himself, which causes Kreuger to freak out and start questioning his life choices

I don't think he ever does

He does, I don't know what triggered it though. It was at the same time Sebastian gave his speech if that helps.

I actually think when the post-fashion show "phase" starts might be random or at least on some invisible clock.

Finally got up to
the secret auction
last night. Man....this is one of my favorite Hitman games. And it's just one level! Every playthrough I find myself taking mental notes on how I'm going to pull off the Suit Only run smooth as possible.

Are there two different types of poison? I know the rat poison in drinks will make them sick, but is there another one that kills them when placed in their drink?

MaKTaiL

Are there two different types of poison? I know the rat poison in drinks will make them sick, but is there another one that kills them when placed in their drink?
There is a lethal injection you can unlock but nothing you can put on a drink except the one Dhalia gives you when disguised as Kruger. This one will probably unlock in future episodes.

Moff

He does, I don't know what triggered it though. It was at the same time Sebastian gave his speech if that helps.

I actually think when the post-fashion show "phase" starts might be random or at least on some invisible clock.

He definitely does
because I was disguised as the Shiek and walked in on their meeting. She gives Kreuger the contract, and says that if it goes south he needs to kill himself, which causes Kreuger to freak out and start questioning his life choices

huh, I never had that happen to me in my 10 hours so far

Dalia gives you lethal potion when you go in as Kruger.

You can also unlock a sedative you can put into food and drinks, which will knock them out on the spot.

And rat poison to have them run to the bathroom or throw up in the nearest bucket with Sebastian.

Top Bottom